Why I am voting for Obama again

When you moved out of the US , you lost your right to an opinion.

That's interesting that you would say that. There are plenty of expatriates living in Mexico... a large portion of them retired military, and a significant portion of them are republicans. Most all of the expats I know still do have strong opinions about our homeland and most all of them - myself included - are quite glad that the USA does not see it as you do. I will be casting my vote via absentee ballot, as will most expats here, and sending it back to the states via diplomatic pouch. I not only have a right to an opinion, I have a right to express that opinion in the most meaningful way - by voting.
I bet that just pisses you off, doesn't it?

Have you ever thought those Republican presidents were good ones and got the job done? It hasn't always been one party trying to kill the other party, until Pelosi became speaker of the house.,

Holy shit, now you teabilly fucksticks are blaming Pelosi. Damn, that's funny...

Your side went all in on the attack when you lost the House and Senate in 1994.
Your side created the divisiveness in Washington we see now.
Obama has intensified it even further.
Barack Obama is the most divisive figure ever to occupy the Oval office.
He claimed he would unify the nation, make friends with unfriendly nations, bring our allies closer, etc. Obama has done the opposite.

Exactly and to the point. Keeps me from having to respond to the dumb ass.

That's interesting that you would say that. There are plenty of expatriates living in Mexico... a large portion of them retired military, and a significant portion of them are republicans. Most all of the expats I know still do have strong opinions about our homeland and most all of them - myself included - are quite glad that the USA does not see it as you do. I will be casting my vote via absentee ballot, as will most expats here, and sending it back to the states via diplomatic pouch. I not only have a right to an opinion, I have a right to express that opinion in the most meaningful way - by voting.

In your video you gave some information on yourself about being some what well off. How can you support a president who wants to destroy the system that helped you achieve the wealth you have? If obama was president 20 years ago you would not have the wealth you have now.

Have you ever thought those Republican presidents were good ones and got the job done? It hasn't always been one party trying to kill the other party, until Pelosi became speaker of the house.,

As a matter of fact, I had a great deal of admiration for Eisenhower, and Ford, and Bush Senior. I begrudgingly developed a little for Reagan even though I disagreed completely with him on nearly every issue. And I would agree with you that it hasn't always been one party trying to kill the other. but I would disagree that it started with Pelosi. I think you can trace the beginnings of that uber-patisanship all the way back to Watergate. Even though Reagan was indeed able to work with Tip O'Neil, the two parties were already gunning for one another... and the Clinton whitewater witch hunt impeachment debacle just kicked the whole grudge match into high gear where it has been ever since.

In your video you gave some information on yourself about being some what well off. How can you support a president who wants to destroy the system that helped you achieve the wealth you have? If obama was president 20 years ago you would not have the wealth you have now.

He has his, he's not parting with it to 'help' those not as 'blessed' either, so screw anyone else who wants the freedom and liberty to achieve. That's how I see it.

I don't think I said anything about my net worth. I said I was renting a home in Mexico and that I was remodeling another. And I disagree with your assessment. I retired from the military nearly 20 years ago. that income is untouchable. My post military careers would have been similar as well and the retirement income from them would be there regardless. The stock market, as you know, has historically done much better during democratic administrations than it has in republican ones, so, maybe my investment portfolio would be even larger now. I also don't believe that Obama wants to destroy anything. I think that is just the red meat phraseology that the right feeds its members to get them riled up.

He has his, he's not parting with it to 'help' those not as 'blessed' either, so screw anyone else who wants the freedom and liberty to achieve. That's how I see it.

Yes he's a self proclaimed ex patriot living in another country and boasting about casting his absentee ballot. He may have served his country but now he's doing it a dis-service.

your envy is showing. As I said earlier, I tithe to my church and I donate heavily to charity and I would not be upset if my tax rates were increased. I certainly don't want to screw anyone else... I highly encourage you or anyone else who wants to achieve what I have achieved to indeed go down to your Navy recruiter and sign up. Earn a retirement. Go get another job after you hang up your uniform and work long enough to retire from that one as well. Save every penny you can... just like I did. Go for it. Move to Mexico... have a glass of tequila. relax. you will have earned it.

Yes he's a self proclaimed ex patriot living in another country and boasting about casting his absentee ballot. He may have served his country but now he's doing it a dis-service.

that is not true. there are many expatriates living in Mexico... many of them retired military... most of THEM republicans. They served their country. They earn their income in the US. They pay taxes to the US. How is that doing it a disservice?

I don't think I said anything about my net worth. I said I was renting a home in Mexico and that I was remodeling another. And I disagree with your assessment. I retired from the military nearly 20 years ago. that income is untouchable. My post military careers would have been similar as well and the retirement income from them would be there regardless. The stock market, as you know, has historically done much better during democratic administrations than it has in republican ones, so, maybe my investment portfolio would be even larger now. I also don't believe that Obama wants to destroy anything. I think that is just the red meat phraseology that the right feeds its members to get them riled up.

I don't think I said anything about my net worth.

Nor did I, I just repeated what you said from memory

And I disagree with your assessment. I retired from the military nearly 20 years ago. that income is untouchable.

Can you be so sure that if obama had been president that it would be untouchable? Rules can be changed. The rules in placed before obama now would not have been in place to protect your wealth, if obama would have been president 20 years ago.

The stock market, as you know, has historically done much better during democratic administrations than it has in republican ones, so, maybe my investment portfolio would be even larger now.

OH the stock market is not a good gage to to show a healthy economy.

your envy is showing. As I said earlier, I tithe to my church and I donate heavily to charity and I would not be upset if my tax rates were increased. I certainly don't want to screw anyone else... I highly encourage you or anyone else who wants to achieve what I have achieved to indeed go down to your Navy recruiter and sign up. Earn a retirement. Go get another job after you hang up your uniform and work long enough to retire from that one as well. Save every penny you can... just like I did. Go for it. Move to Mexico... have a glass of tequila. relax. you will have earned it.

Envy? :lol: I don't think so. I can have no respect for someone that holds the political views that you do while you sit in luxury in a different, much poorer country. You support heavy taxation and Marxist principles, yet like all of the other scum in the democrat party, who've all made their wealth off of capitalism and corporate profits, you sit there and demagogue the basic American principles of a small government and a free people.

Right, you earned it. You were free to earn it, it wasn't stolen from you by a montrous government in so much debt that it brinks on the verge of collapse. You just admited that anyone can achieve the "American dream", so quit making excuses about how people are 'held back' to support your policy of looting everyone else. All the looting does is give government more and more power over certain sections of hte population while they sit there and convince all those with money are 'evil'. Your own party thinks you're 'evil', but I guess you're only evil if you're a successful and wealthy conservative, huh? :lol: How anyone can live with such hypocrisy in their life is sad. So, no, I don't envy you your existence, you can keep it.

that is not true. there are many expatriates living in Mexico... many of them retired military... most of THEM republicans. They served their country. They earn their income in the US. They pay taxes to the US. How is that doing it a disservice?

It's a dis service that you can't live in a country but will cast your vote for a system and not live in that system yourself. And yes you did say their are ex patriots living in Mexico, and you are supposed to one yourself.

Yeah, it's much cheaper to live in a poor country like Mexico, Americans can live like kings down there. Why live up here with the mess that his party has made and pay out the ass for food and gas?? They daily demonize corporations and profits, they move further left with every speech they make. Yet those corporations and profits are what keep us all employed and allow us to have a 401K for retirement in future years. Do you support the government banning corporate profit, ex? Is it 'evil'?

Yeah, it's much cheaper to live in a poor country like Mexico, Americans can live like kings down there. Why live up here with the mess that his party has made and pay out the ass for food and gas?? They daily demonize corporations and profits, they move further left with every speech they make. Yet those corporations and profits are what keep us all employed and allow us to have a 401K for retirement in future years. Do you support the government banning corporate profit, ex? Is it 'evil'?

The market is only evil tp some who are not reaping the benefits from the profits it makes.

It's a dis service that you can't live in a country but will cast your vote for a system and not live in that system yourself. And yes you did say their are ex patriots living in Mexico, and you are supposed to one yourself.

there is a difference between being an expatriate and being an ex-patriot. I am the former, I will never be the latter. And of course I COULD live in America... I just happen to enjoy the climate here. My income is all earned in America and I pay taxes on every penny of it... that alone gives me the right to continue to exercise my right to vote on how that tax money is spent.

of course I do not support the government banning corporate profit. I know of no one who does. That is a ridiculous statement.

Nor did I, I just repeated what you said from memory

And I disagree with your assessment. I retired from the military nearly 20 years ago. that income is untouchable.

Can you be so sure that if obama had been president that it would be untouchable? Rules can be changed. The rules in placed before obama now would not have been in place to protect your wealth, if obama would have been president 20 years ago.

The stock market, as you know, has historically done much better during democratic administrations than it has in republican ones, so, maybe my investment portfolio would be even larger now.

OH the stock market is not a good gage to to show a healthy economy.

Nowhere in my video did I ever claim to be "well off". I am a military retiree with other earned retirement income sources and, after my heart attack in '06, my wife and I decided it was not wise to put off living an adventurous life. And I can't be sure about anything.... and neither can you. But I would suggest that if the country reneged in its agreement with career servicemen and women, we really wouldn't be having this discussion.

Hey Ex - After viewing your video today, I must give you the benefit of the doubt that you are possibly a retired 0-5. In today’s world, it’s amazing what one what can do with Photoshop, lamination, and duct tape. Not knowing you personally, I don’t know if this is the case with you or not, but you put a lot of effort into it, so I apologize for challenging your original assertion that you had achieved the rank you claim. You may have. So, in the future, I will respect you for that alleged accomplishment.

there is a difference between being an expatriate and being an ex-patriot. I am the former, I will never be the latter. And of course I COULD live in America... I just happen to enjoy the climate here. My income is all earned in America and I pay taxes on every penny of it... that alone gives me the right to continue to exercise my right to vote on how that tax money is spent.

there is a difference between being an expatriate and being an ex-patriot.
I don't see any difference, you vote but will not live in the system you vote for

I will never be the latter. And of course I COULD live in America... I just happen to enjoy the climate here.
Right it's the climate. :eusa_whistle:

My income is all earned in America and I pay taxes on every penny of it

And the man you say you support would destroy the system you achieved your wealth under, you support him will vote for him but will not live in the country he's president of, and expect others Americans do live under the conditions obama will make.? I call that a dis service

Hey Ex - After viewing your video today, I must give you the benefit of the doubt that you are possibly a retired 0-5. In today’s world, it’s amazing what one what can do with Photoshop, lamination, and duct tape. Not knowing you personally, I don’t know if this is the case with you or not, but you put a lot of effort into it, so I apologize for challenging your original assertion that you had achieved the rank you claim. You may have. So, in the future, I will respect you for that alleged accomplishment.

Warrior, In my opinion for what it's worth, he's legit but I don't care to much for his ex-patriot views.

Forum List

Back