Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

I defined politically correct for you. If you dont agree with the definition then your replies are of no interest to me.

politically correct
adjective
demonstrating progressive ideals, esp by avoiding vocabulary that is considered offensive, discriminatory, or judgmental, esp concerning race and gender PC

I went back as you edited to re-read your OP. No.

You had NOT defined "politically correct."

I then returned here to reply to your post, and see that you have edited, now, your response to my last post.

NOW you have defined PC.

The EXAMPLE I used is damn well an example of PC by YOUR daffynition.

And your definition is highly subjective anyway (i.e., what is or is not considered "offensive" is obviously a product of your preconceived notions).

As to whether my response to your question is of interest to you or not, I am indifferent to that.

You can address the point made or you can deflect. Either way, it's fine by me.
I didnt say I defined it in the OP. I said I defined it for you. Post #16

And you think people wade through all of the posts in one of your threads to find the one or two nuggets which may possibly have some hint of value?

No.

Here's the way it works. I read your OP. No definition there. YOU then said you had defined it. Ok. But it was not clear WHERE you had defined it.

Then, once you HAD defined it (in a later post, nice and clear) I disputed THAT definition too.

Also, even AS you attempt to define it, it remains highly subjective;

and my example of PC gone amok is still fully on point.

So, I have now answered your OP question. PC is crap when a guy like O'Malley finds it necessary to "apologize" for having said something simple, obvious and truthful.
No thats not how it works. I said I defined it and provided the definition for you again in hopes of an intelligent reply. Thats how it works.

I'm not concerned with what you dispute. I'm concerned with an intelligent reply under the definition I posted.

Nothing you have said is on point to this point.

O'Malley apologized because he was educated to what the term Black Lives Matters actually means.

No. You cling, rather sullenly, stubbornly and stupidly, to your pedestrian marginal views.

O'Malley was not "educated" into what Black Lives Matters "means." What it means is already crystal clear.

So is the rejoinder "ALL Lives Matter."

O'Malley was cynically cowed into capitulation based on the false PC claim that "Black Lives Matter" has a meaning other than its obvious and actually intended meaning.

My response was completely on point. This explains why you flail against it. Ineffectively as per usual.
What does "black lives matter" mean?

For all the Regressive Leftists who are pretending not to know what PC is, how it works, or what it causes, here's a nice long list of pieces by HONEST LIBERALS that will explain things and provide PLENTY of EXAMPLES for you. Plenty!

Now, you'll never have to be unclear on this again. Yay!

Don't thank me, it's my pleasure. Believe me.

:rock:

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Recent News Item: President Obama praised student activists, but also said he disagrees with what Stephanopoulos described as “militant political correctness” on campus, whereby some activists seek to shut down opposing viewpoints. “Being a good citizen, being an activist, involves hearing the other side and making sure that you are engaging in a dialogue because that’s also how change happens,” said President Obama.

Last edited:
From the late, great George Carlin:

Political Correctness is America's newest form of intolerance, and it's especially pernicious because because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control people's language with strict codes and rigid rules. I'm not sure that's the way to fight discrimination. I'm not sure that silencing people or forcing them to alter their speech is the best method for solving problems that go much deeper than speech.

Now, let's see how many deflect to criticizing Carlin instead of honestly addressing his point.

:rolleyes-41:

Source:

Last edited:
words identify people. oookeeaeee

going with dillo's example... if a drowning guy who happens to be black, stands to be rescued by dillo, if dillo feels the need to sling a slur in the moment, i'm sure the black guy would still be grateful for his life and get along with dillo...

which is beside the point of why would anyone not avoid using that term?

why communicate on those terms.. in that situation.. or ever?

A better example would be if Dillo saw a black guy drowning and rushed over to the local lifeguard and said, "OMG, Help, there is a black guy drowning!".

And the life guard, said "Black Guy? That's pretty racist of you. African American is the correct terminology. I find it hard to believe that a bigot like you really care abouts some African American who is supposedly having trouble swimming. YOu know that most people who drown are white, you racist?"

Dillo: "WTF! I'm not racist, I was just pointing out who was drowning to help you find him in the crowd!"

Lifeguard: "Haters got to hate."

Dillo "Never mind, he's not drowning anymore. He's dead because you're political correct."

Lifeguardm"Political Correctness is just a lie told by racists and bigots because they are tired of being called on their racism and bigotry."

DIllo " I AM NOT RACIST!"

LifeGuard "Denial is proof, run along Klan boy."

it's not hard to avoid being deliberately harmful to others...

that you don't want to because it makes you feel dishonest says a lot about you.

opinions and assholes, most everybody has one...

This claim has been repeatedly addressed.

That is the LEAST of PC.

Why are you lying about this?

Because PC gives you a tool to control the conversation and "win" on positions and policies that you libs can't win on honestly.

words identify people. oookeeaeee

going with dillo's example... if a drowning guy who happens to be black, stands to be rescued by dillo, if dillo feels the need to sling a slur in the moment, i'm sure the black guy would still be grateful for his life and get along with dillo...

which is beside the point of why would anyone not avoid using that term?

why communicate on those terms.. in that situation.. or ever?

A better example would be if Dillo saw a black guy drowning and rushed over to the local lifeguard and said, "OMG, Help, there is a black guy drowning!".

And the life guard, said "Black Guy? That's pretty racist of you. African American is the correct terminology. I find it hard to believe that a bigot like you really care abouts some African American who is supposedly having trouble swimming. YOu know that most people who drown are white, you racist?"

Dillo: "WTF! I'm not racist, I was just pointing out who was drowning to help you find him in the crowd!"

Lifeguard: "Haters got to hate."

Dillo "Never mind, he's not drowning anymore. He's dead because you're political correct."

Lifeguardm"Political Correctness is just a lie told by racists and bigots because they are tired of being called on their racism and bigotry."

DIllo " I AM NOT RACIST!"

LifeGuard "Denial is proof, run along Klan boy."
Nice fantasy. Dillo said ******, not black guy, and your episode above would never happen.

what is the lie exactly?
Being careful of words used that MIGHT offend someone.

being careful not to offend others goes against your nature?
Oy. Fuck off. I have no desire to converse with someone that wants to twist my words.

Agreed. Valerie is being very dishonest here.

not at all, liar...

first of all, no one is FORCING anyone not to say the n word. that premise is your first lie.

decent people frown upon using the n word, it's true. that bothers some people but not me.

i've never felt compelled to sling the n word slur...

so not slinging the n word, doesn't make me feel dishonest or "not myself" as gracie and others lamented.

you feel dishonest and not your self because you refrained from slinging a slur, so sling it, no one is stopping you.

those around you will think you're a jackass but you are perfectly free to be a jackass.

your biggest lie in this thread is repeatedly ignoring what it means to conflate the PC term.

the broad spectrum of the nebulous "PC" label can go from silliness all the way to excusing vile things.

vile things like slinging the n word as a pejorative...

That is the LEAST of PC.

no, people hide behind the PC term and point at silly stuff, while also excusing vile things cuz PC!

we have presidential candidates using the PC term to excuse torture, for example.

disgusting leadership is disgusting...

the avoidance

po·lit·i·cal cor·rect·ness
noun
noun: political correctness; noun: political correctitude
  1. the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

the myriad of things people label as PC can sometimes be taken to silly extremes...

accepting that fact as an obvious given, does not mean the PC term hasn't often been conveniently conflated to excuse vile things.

• the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

dilloduck , are you still getting pushback?

Have the Regressive Lefties not read all the links I so graciously provided in post 742? All of their concerns would be addressed.

My feelings are hurt!

:laugh:

Have the Regressive Lefties not read all the links I so graciously provided in post 742? All of their concerns would be addressed.

My feelings are hurt!

Meh---I have the time to waste so I'm throwing some things out there to see what happens to them. Pretty much the same thing that usually happens when talking with liberals. They pretend that don't understand me, twist my words and basically lie.

My feelings are hurt!

Meh---I have the time to waste so I'm throwing some things out there to see what happens to them. Pretty much the same thing that usually happens when talking with liberals. They pretend that don't understand me, twist my words and basically lie.
Yeah, going obtuse is a standard tactic.

As are distortion and dishonesty.

Impossible to communicate with people like that.

PC is like gun control except its word control.

not really. there is no law you can't carelessly sling slurs, dillo. so, go for it.

Just in the sense that some people want to ban certain words and change the meaning of others as if they were in charge of the English language in America.

our society is free to set common decency standards in the free market.

the truth is, people are free to express themselves using any words they like.

others are also free to have an opinion of your free expression...

if you're a public figure who calls someone a fucking faggot, people are going to have an opinion.

My feelings are hurt!

Why would people you have on ignore bother to read your links?

i didn't read them... he isn't bright enough to comprehend what's beside the point.

PC is like gun control except its word control.

not really. there is no law you can't carelessly sling slurs, dillo. so, go for it.

Just in the sense that some people want to ban certain words and change the meaning of others as if they were in charge of the English language in America.

our society is free to set common decency standards in the free market.

the truth is, people are free to express themselves using any words they like.

others are also free to have an opinion of your free expression...

if you're a public figure who calls someone a fucking faggot, people are going to have an opinion.

True----and some people have the gall to claim that they are the politically correct ones and try to shame the others. They also believe that people aren't responsible for their own feelings

Forum List

Back