Why is naturalism considered scientific and creationism is not ?

No, I am saying if the 2nd law applies to this planet then I do believe evolution would violate it.

Enzymes work to correct copying errors in other words mutations. This is the main mechanism for new information.

Mutation fixation is not that easy with natural selection removing traits from the genepool as well as the other mechanisms mentioned that work against them mutations.

No, I am saying if the 2nd law applies to this planet then I do believe evolution would violate it.

Our systen, Earth, receives energy, so the 2nd Law doesn't apply.
Your continuing claim that it in any way could ever prevent evolution only confirms your ignorance.

Enzymes work to correct copying errors in other words mutations.

Every mutuation is corrected by enzymes and that is why evolution cannot occur?
Is that your claim?

No I don't think so because if the 2nd law applies to this planet, for over a billion years it has been drifting towards disorder. So your telling me that the genetic code and all things necessary to form a viable cell was developed ? then that cell in turn evolved every living organism that has existed since ?

I never said every mutation but most mutations do nothing at all that get through or they are repaired. Either way just comparing the numbers of beneficial mutations vs harmful mutations hands down far more genetic disorders can be pointed to than benefits from mutations.

The theory takes faith to believe.

It Indeed does.. its quite a fantastic tale,when you stop and think about it

No I don't think so because if the 2nd law applies to this planet, for over a billion years it has been drifting towards disorder.

What? We receive energy, 2nd Law doesn't apply.

Are you clear?

Both genetic engineering and selective breeding result in modification of an organism's genotype. In other words, the organism's genes are changed in some way. If one or more genes from another species are introduced, the resulting genome consists of recombinant DNA. ..

Listen in your attempt at covering up your ignorance you once again expose your ignorance.

Selective breeding - definition from Biology-Online.org

Now you can add a gene that never existed in the Genome of an organism and then selectively breed that organism. Usually through selectively breeding you're analyzing the Geno and Phenotype genes of the parents hoping you will pass on the desired traits of the parents.

once again slapdick you're attempting to twist the facts as you done many many times.
most recently the circle is a sphere debate were I handed you your ass .
the point is:Both genetic engineering and selective breeding result in modification of an organism's genotype. In other words, the organism's genes are changed in some way ..end of story.

I went back and read how we got here and it seems I did not finish my sentence. here is what I said.

"Of course you selectively breed for certain traits that however is not altering the genome,in other words genetically modified. If they were not close enough genetically you could not produce offspring. You are not,I repeat you are not modifying the genome like you do for genetically modified food. Dawson shows his ignorance for agreeing with you."

It should have been "of course you selectively breed for certain traits that however is not directly altering the genome in the lab.In other words genetically modified with another species gene being fused.If they were not close enough genetically you could not produce offspring. You are not,I repeat you are not modifying the genome like you do for genetically modified food. Dawson shows his ignorance for agreeing with you."

Of course when you add a new trait to an organism you alter the genome

Last edited:
sky gods and Jesus and friends makes a lot more sense really...that everything and all life is a expression of the one that has always been and always will be

That’s not true at all. Like so many things theistic in nature, the dogma is quite the opposite of the reality. The jeebus and friends are merely variations on a theme - reinventions of earlier gawds designed by humans to placate their fears and superstitions. As science progresses and nature's mysteries are resolved, the god's job description narrows considerably. Once it was felt that the gods moved the clouds and the winds, the flowers opened by the touch of a celestial finger, and that tornadoes, earthquakes, plagues, volcanoes and floods were by divine fiat. As humans peeled back the layers of Nature and discovered the geometry of the solar system, the engines of weather, the inexorable movement of the plates of the earth and so on, the job of the god was moved further back in the hierarchy of importance. Today, the (semi) monotheistic gods are merely paper shufflers.

Listen in your attempt at covering up your ignorance you once again expose your ignorance.

Selective breeding - definition from Biology-Online.org

Now you can add a gene that never existed in the Genome of an organism and then selectively breed that organism. Usually through selectively breeding you're analyzing the Geno and Phenotype genes of the parents hoping you will pass on the desired traits of the parents.

once again slapdick you're attempting to twist the facts as you done many many times.
the point is:Both genetic engineering and selective breeding result in modification of an organism's genotype. In other words, the organism's genes are changed in some way ..end of story.

I went back and read how we got here and it seems I did not finish my sentence. here is what I said.

"Of course you selectively breed for certain traits that however is not altering the genome,in other words genetically modified. If they were not close enough genetically you could not produce offspring. You are not,I repeat you are not modifying the genome like you do for genetically modified food. Dawson shows his ignorance for agreeing with you."

It should have been "of course you selectively breed for certain traits that however is not directly altering the genome in the lab.In other words genetically modified with another species gene being fused.If they were not close enough genetically you could not produce offspring. You are not,I repeat you are not modifying the genome like you do for genetically modified food. Dawson shows his ignorance for agreeing with you."

It's comedy gold to watch you re-write your posts as they are dismantled.

Enzymes work to correct copying errors in other words mutations. This is the main mechanism for new information.

Mutation fixation is not that easy with natural selection removing traits from the genepool as well as the other mechanisms mentioned that work against them mutations.

Our systen, Earth, receives energy, so the 2nd Law doesn't apply.
Your continuing claim that it in any way could ever prevent evolution only confirms your ignorance.

Enzymes work to correct copying errors in other words mutations.

Every mutuation is corrected by enzymes and that is why evolution cannot occur?
Is that your claim?

No I don't think so because if the 2nd law applies to this planet, for over a billion years it has been drifting towards disorder. So your telling me that the genetic code and all things necessary to form a viable cell was developed ? then that cell in turn evolved every living organism that has existed since ?

I never said every mutation but most mutations do nothing at all that get through or they are repaired. Either way just comparing the numbers of beneficial mutations vs harmful mutations hands down far more genetic disorders can be pointed to than benefits from mutations.

The theory takes faith to believe.

What a shame that your designer gawds are such incompetent designers.

"Faith" is required only to believe that your gawds have created that which depicts such careless design.

You, did your god create him/her? And why?
171134d1274580962-assorted-anomalies-making-fun-deformed-children-super.jpg

Last edited:

It's comedy gold to watch you re-write your posts as they are dismantled.

Wrong I just did not complete what I was saying. Daws tried to suggest that genetic engineering and selective breeding were pretty much the same thing and that is false. All you had to do was read the 2nd to the last sentence in what I quoted.

Biotech
ge·net·i·cal·ly modified organism (j-nt-k-l)
n. Abbr. GMO
An organism whose genetic characteristics have been altered by the insertion of a modified gene or a gene from another organism using the techniques of genetic engineering.

You were saying ?

Last edited:

No that is your mechanism for evolution at work. My church it's funny had a similar question yesterday from a member of the church. Once they post that video I will share it and lets see Gods answer to similar questions.

We know the old saying is why do bad things happen to good people Jesus said there is only one that is good and that is God. My question to you is why do good things happen to bad people ?

Last edited:

No that is your mechanism for evolution at work. My church it's funny had a similar question yesterday from a member of the church. Once they post that video I will share it and lets see Gods answer to similar questions.

We know the old saying is why do bad things happen to good people Jesus said there is only one that is good and that is God. My question to you is why do good things happen to bad people ?
So you're saying that this person is a product of the evolutionary roll of the dice and NOT a product of your god? Really?

According to theists, bad people will get judged and sent to burning hell for all eternity, so that's not such a good thing? Personally, I think that good and bad are subjective feelings not recognized by the laws of nature. Like a black hole that does "bad" as others see it, but "good" as far as it's concerned.

So you're saying that this person is a product of the evolutionary roll of the dice and NOT a product of your god? Really?

According to theists, bad people will get judged and sent to burning hell for all eternity, so that's not such a good thing? Personally, I think that good and bad are subjective feelings not recognized by the laws of nature. Like a black hole that does "bad" as others see it, but "good" as far as it's concerned.

Hmm let's look at the definition of evolution and see if you have the right view of evolution.

ev·o·lu·tion
/ˌevəˈlo͞oSHən/
Noun

The process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the...
The gradual development of something, esp. from a simple to a more complex form.

So do you think that child is a more complex form ?

According to some theists that believe in a place of torment but I believe they have a doctrine not supported by scripture. It is due to taking everything written in the bible literally. Not everything in the bible is literal and way you find that out is by actually reading the bible.

Last edited:

Hmm let's look at the definition of evolution and see if you have the right view of evolution.

ev·o·lu·tion
/ˌevəˈlo͞oSHən/
Noun

The process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the...
The gradual development of something, esp. from a simple to a more complex form.

According to some theists that believe in a place of torment but I believe they have a doctrine not supported by scripture. It is due to taking everything written in the bible literally. Not everything in the bible is literal and way you find that out is by actually reading the bible.

Being more or less complex is irrelevant. Is this child a product of a) evolution, or b) god, or c) other (please specify).

The bible is a bunch of books written by men, not god.

ev·o·lu·tion
/ˌevəˈlo͞oSHən/
Noun

Being more or less complex is irrelevant. Is this child a product of a) evolution, or b) god, or c) other (please specify).

Is relevant, if anything the child is a product of devolution. All things are a product of Gods creation. Since man made a choice now we are living the consequences of those choices.

If that choice was the correct choice we would not see the misery,pain,and death we observe now. Now we know the difference between good and evil and that was a choice adam and eve made. They made a choice to go away from God and perfection and go to chaos and evil.

ev·o·lu·tion
/ˌevəˈlo͞oSHən/
Noun

Is relevant, if anything the child is a product of devolution. All things are a product of Gods creation. Since man made a choice now we are living the consequences of those choices.

If that choice was the correct choice we would not see the misery,pain,and death we observe now. Now we know the difference between good and evil and that was a choice adam and eve made. They made a choice to go away from God and perfection and go to chaos and evil.

Holy Malarkey Batman!! :D

You got any proof whatsoever of what you claim?

Btw, so god disfigures children for Adam and Eve's mistake? Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

Last edited:

ev·o·lu·tion
/ˌevəˈlo͞oSHən/
Noun

One of the dangers faced by of cut and pasters is that they tend not to understand the terms they are cutting and pasting definitions for. There are differences separating willful ignorance vs. sheer stupidity. Simply cutting and pasting a definition for “evolution” could involve both willful ignorance and sheer stupidity.

Biological evolution does not necessarily require or result in “greater complexity”. Biological Evolution is a process by which results in heritable changes within a population are spread over many generations.

Once again for the cut and pasters:

Individuals do not evolve. Populations do. Populations have a huge amount of genetic variation for every physical trait they possess.

Natural selection decides what genetic variation helps fitness, and what genetic variation hinders fitness. The entire population experiences a change in gene frequency as the fit genes become more common over time, and the unfit genes become rarer. This results in the corresponding physical trait evolving in the direction of greater fitness.

ev·o·lu·tion
/ˌevəˈlo͞oSHən/
Noun

The real product of human "devolution" are religious extremists who unfortunately, poison the gene pool.

Holy Malarkey Batman!! :D

You got any proof whatsoever of what you claim?

Btw, so god punishes children for Adam and Eve's mistake? Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

Believing that we were created, and there is a loving God that didn't completely abandon us, is the only faith I need to believe as I do.

Adam and eve made a choice that left all of creation living with the consequences of their choice. We are living in a decaying world not that place called eden where adam and eve had their choice of perfect food and really everything they needed,plus peace and tranquility.

Rom 5:12 Adam sinned, and that sin brought death into the world. Now everyone has sinned, and so everyone must die.
Rom 5:13 Sin was in the world before the Law came. But no record of sin was kept, because there was no Law.
Rom 5:14 Yet death still had power over all who lived from the time of Adam to the time of Moses. This happened, though not everyone disobeyed a direct command from God, as Adam did. In some ways Adam is like Christ who came later.

ev·o·lu·tion
/ˌevəˈlo͞oSHən/
Noun

One of the dangers faced by of cut and pasters is that they tend not to understand the terms they are cutting and pasting definitions for. There are differences separating willful ignorance vs. sheer stupidity. Simply cutting and pasting a definition for “evolution” could involve both willful ignorance and sheer stupidity.

Biological evolution does not necessarily require or result in “greater complexity”. Biological Evolution is a process by which results in heritable changes within a population are spread over many generations.

Once again for the cut and pasters:

Individuals do not evolve. Populations do. Populations have a huge amount of genetic variation for every physical trait they possess.

Natural selection decides what genetic variation helps fitness, and what genetic variation hinders fitness. The entire population experiences a change in gene frequency as the fit genes become more common over time, and the unfit genes become rarer. This results in the corresponding physical trait evolving in the direction of greater fitness.

Hmm natural selection is a thinking process interesting.

Forum List

Back