Why Is The GOP Senate So Afraid To Call Witnesses??

Nice list, but you are not telling us how they changed the economy.

Do you really need to be told how eliminating needless regulations saves businesses time and money that can then be spent on growing? This conversation we're having right now, Super is a perfect illustration why the Obama Administration couldn't create jobs! You progressives simply don't grasp how businesses function!

That sounds good, but if they were needless why were they created in the first place. Wasn't that the same argument that was being made when a minimum wage was created, when Social Security was created, when OSHA was created, when the 40hour work week was created, when overtime was created, should I go on.

Government is the equivalent of a large snowball rolling downhill, Super! The further it goes...the bigger it gets. All one has to do is look at the growth of the Federal Government to understand that concept. Departments in government almost never shrink...the people that run them continually seek more funds...more control. Government employees create new regulations to justify the monies that they are paid.

It's just inferred that removing regulatory burdens that stifle growth and productivity, by either eliminating regulations or amending them to make them more friendly towards economic growth, does help the economy.

I remember Steve Jobs saying that we have creating so many new regulations today, that it would have been impossible to create Apple back then, if he had to operate under the regulations we have today.

Hell, our society has gone crazy with new laws and regulations, that little kids are even having their lemon aid stands shut down

West Virginia correctional cadets who gave Nazi salute in photo will all be fired

Child's Lemonade Stand Shut Down For Lack Of Permit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-up-a-lemonade-stand-then-she-was-fined-200/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-stands-these-lawyers-work-for-big-lemonade/

yadda, yadda

Again just explain how that list of regulations boosted the economy, if that is what they have done it should be easy to explain.

Can you understand how money spent on compliance with frivolous regulations can't be spent on hiring? On R & D? On advertising? On new plants? Just how clueless are you, Super?

I keep hearing that, but tell me what corporations have raised wages, bonuses, built new plants, etc. as a result of the removal of all these regulations.

Who needs stinking, know nothing, witnesses?

Trump impeachment: Senate GOP unites behind a no-witness trial - New York Post
3 days ago · After weeks of behind-the-scenes debate, Senate Republicans have hit on their strategy for handling President Trump’s impeachment: a brief trial — with no witness testimony — and a fast acquittal. ... But they don’t want to dismiss the House Democrats’ charges out of hand, as some ...
That's called a SHAM

THE FIX IS IN!

That ain't no trial.

There has never been an impeachment trial without witnesses.....

I m now all for Nancy holding back!

THANKS for helping me make that decision!!! :D

Of course you're all for Nancy holding back the articles of impeachment, Care! They're going to be laughed out of the Senate. Then what do you have? Trump and his robust economy? Good luck running against that. Nancy needs to keep this farce going for as long as she can to distract from the fact that the Democrats don't have a platform the American people support.

It's just inferred that removing regulatory burdens that stifle growth and productivity, by either eliminating regulations or amending them to make them more friendly towards economic growth, does help the economy.

I remember Steve Jobs saying that we have creating so many new regulations today, that it would have been impossible to create Apple back then, if he had to operate under the regulations we have today.

Hell, our society has gone crazy with new laws and regulations, that little kids are even having their lemon aid stands shut down

West Virginia correctional cadets who gave Nazi salute in photo will all be fired

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-up-a-lemonade-stand-then-she-was-fined-200/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-stands-these-lawyers-work-for-big-lemonade/

yadda, yadda

Again just explain how that list of regulations boosted the economy, if that is what they have done it should be easy to explain.

Can you understand how money spent on compliance with frivolous regulations can't be spent on hiring? On R & D? On advertising? On new plants? Just how clueless are you, Super?

I keep hearing that, but tell me what corporations have raised wages, bonuses, built new plants, etc. as a result of the removal of all these regulations.
Now you're unaware that wages are up? That businesses have been investing in growth? What's your source for news, Super? You're amazingly uninformed!

3 days ago · After weeks of behind-the-scenes debate, Senate Republicans have hit on their strategy for handling President Trump’s impeachment: a brief trial — with no witness testimony — and a fast acquittal. ... But they don’t want to dismiss the House Democrats’ charges out of hand, as some ...
That's called a SHAM

THE FIX IS IN!

That ain't no trial.

You mean like the HOUSE SHAMPEACHMENT...NEED I play videos of Schitt REFUSING republican requests for witnesses and the STAR CHAMBER...?

ME TOO, I want Nancy to hold them as we rightly so will point out their corruptness and cowardness after all the hoopla....I want the Dem Senators running for president to be HELD UP by a vote in the Senate if no impeachment sent, and as you know Trump is not IMPEACHED UNTIL THE SENATE GETS THE BILL!

That's called a SHAM

THE FIX IS IN!

That ain't no trial.

But Care! You liberals claimed that Trump had to impeached IMMEDIATELY because he was a danger to national security! That was why you rushed impeachment through the House!

So what happened? You vote for impeachment and then go on a three week vacation?

What happened to the dire emergency we were facing? Duh?
Do you even believe the shit that people like Schiff, Nadler and Pelosi are putting out these days? Are you THAT far gone that you can't see it for what it is?

Well, for example, the modifications to HUD and FHA loans and such, it speeds up the process of buying a home, which means home sell faster.

I don't understand why it's so difficult to understand that the economy will move along more quickly, if regulations which are stifling growth are emended to streamline the functions of a business, or by simply removing regulations which make it cost prohibitive.

yadda, yadda

Now you're unaware that wages are up? That businesses have been investing in growth? What's your source for news, Super? You're amazingly uninformed!
Wages have never in the history of this country went up due to de-regulation....

In fact, the golden age of "no regulations" occurred during the worst of times for working class people...and despite unions winning collective bargaining rights, enforcing 8-hr work days, OSHA, EPA and a whole host of other labor regulations --- wages went up...how is that possible??

Especially when you consider the top marginal tax rate was north of 70% for much of that time we refer to as the "good old days" for the middle class

Well, for example, the modifications to HUD and FHA loans and such, it speeds up the process of buying a home, which means home sell faster.

I don't understand why it's so difficult to understand that the economy will move along more quickly, if regulations which are stifling growth are emended to streamline the functions of a business, or by simply removing regulations which make it cost prohibitive.
He asked you to name a regulation that raised wages -- and you couldn't......which pretty much makes his point...

Simply saying "get rid of regulations" is what people say when they can't tell you much more than that......Right now, can you tell me what regulation we can do away with that will raise wages right now??

Will loosening environmental protections so large corporations can pollute easier -- will that raise wages?? what??

yadda, yadda

Wages have never in the history of this country went up due to de-regulation....

In fact, the golden age of "no regulations" occurred during the worst of times for working class people...and despite unions winning collective bargaining rights, enforcing 8-hr work days, OSHA, EPA and a whole host of other labor regulations --- wages went up...how is that possible??

Especially when you consider the top marginal tax rate was north of 70% for much of that time we refer to as the "good old days" for the middle class

And yet wages ARE going up? What's causing that, Biff?

He asked you to name a regulation that raised wages -- and you couldn't......which pretty much makes his point...

Simply saying "get rid of regulations" is what people say when they can't tell you much more than that......Right now, can you tell me what regulation we can do away with that will raise wages right now??

Will loosening environmental protections so large corporations can pollute easier -- will that raise wages?? what??

Are you involved in any kind of business, Biff? If you were...you'd have a good idea how much time and money we waste in this country jumping through hoops set up by government.

Low unemployment. That creates a demand for employees.

Let me know when you want to talk about wages after they have been adjusted for inflation....

Wages for the most part have remained stagnant, especially when you consider how productivity has continued to go up....

Now can you tell me what regulation was removed that caused your wages to rise?

I'll wait

Are you involved in any kind of business, Biff? If you were...you'd have a good idea how much time and money we waste in this country jumping through hoops set up by government.
Still waiting for you to tell me what regulation was removed that caused your wages to go up or that caused you to give your employees a wage increase....

I am still waiting...…

In all honesty, I believe the courts would have sided with Trump. There is no there, there. I believe that is exactly why the democrats
didn't want to use the courts like in the impeachment of Clinton. With Clinton there was an actual law broken.
Think this through without being so partisan.
In the case of the subpoenas, is it the court's job to establish the truth of the case, or just to determine if the President has the authority to ignore Congress's right to investigate the Executive?
Quid pro quo is not a crime. PERIOD
Soliciting a foreign national to help with Impeached Trump's campaign is a crime. Even if there was no quid pro quo.
That is funny, Faun.....That's not even what he was impeached for, and if it was as obvious to them as it is to you, they would have brought it forward. lol
:dance:
Hate to mention it Mr Meister but the longer Pelosi waits the better the chance of finding more impeachable evidence Then Trump could have a double header ..1st president impeached in 1st term and 1st with a double impeachment
That would be super stupid for them to try.

Low unemployment means a demand for employees? Really, Faun? That's about as obvious as saying water means things get wet! There is NOTHING more amusing then watching a progressive attempt to have an intelligent conversation about economics!

Let me know when you want to talk about wages after they have been adjusted for inflation....

Wages for the most part have remained stagnant, especially when you consider how productivity has continued to go up....

I'll wait

You're claiming we're in an inflationary cycle? I'm not seeing that.

This really isn't rocket science, Biff...when you get rid of regulations that save billions of dollars...businesses will use part of that money to attract or retain good employees in an employment market that favors job seekers. When businesses have to waste that money complying with needless regulations there is no money to give raises.

I'll wait

You're claiming we're in an inflationary cycle? I'm not seeing that.

This really isn't rocket science, Biff...when you get rid of regulations that save billions of dollars...businesses will use part of that money to attract or retain good employees in an employment market that favors job seekers. When businesses have to waste that money complying with needless regulations there is no money to give raises.
I see you keep avoiding to answer the question....why??

Let me type in crayon for you and see if that makes my question easier....

You own a business...you have an employee....you tell the employee that you would pay him or her a dollar more if what regulation was done away with??

Go!

In the case of the subpoenas, is it the court's job to establish the truth of the case, or just to determine if the President has the authority to ignore Congress's right to investigate the Executive?
Quid pro quo is not a crime. PERIOD
Soliciting a foreign national to help with Impeached Trump's campaign is a crime. Even if there was no quid pro quo.
That is funny, Faun.....That's not even what he was impeached for, and if it was as obvious to them as it is to you, they would have brought it forward. lol
:dance:
Hate to mention it Mr Meister but the longer Pelosi waits the better the chance of finding more impeachable evidence Then Trump could have a double header ..1st president impeached in 1st term and 1st with a double impeachment
That would be super stupid for them to try.
It would bring joy to my heart to see trump lose it

Low unemployment means a demand for employees? Really, Faun? That's about as obvious as saying water means things get wet! There is NOTHING more amusing then watching a progressive attempt to have an intelligent conversation about economics!
LOLOL

You asked and then you say the answer is obvious. Too funny.

Forum List

Back