Why Is The GOP Senate So Afraid To Call Witnesses??

Q: What do you call a trial with no witnesses and no documents where the judges are colluding with the defense and have already admitted that they wouldn't honor their oath to be fair and impartial?

A: A FAKE Trial

What do you call a trial where none of the witnesses called by the prosecution had first hand knowledge of what happened? The only people who did are Trump...who released the transcript of the call...and the President of the Ukraine who has steadfastly denied there was any quid pro quo in play!

Answer? A trial that the judge would throw out for lack of evidence before it even went to trial!

Where do you Trumpublicans (I'd call ya conservatives but ya ain't) get your news anyway? There were SEVERAL witnesses who were on these calls and smack-dab in the middle of Rudy and Donald's "drug deal".

It should also be noted that Donnie didn't release a "transcript" - We got the Billy Barr SUMMARY which stated right up top that it wasn't a verbatim transcript. It was full of ellipses (dot dot dot) ... meaning paragraphs were cut short. The "transcript" got worm-holed away on a super-secret server.

Learn something .. at SOME point - PLEASE

Items were redacted from the transcript as they almost always ARE when sensitive topics are being discussed between nations and leaders. What's telling about the transcript is that it contradicts what Adam Schiff was claiming took place during the phone call and backs up both President Trump and the Ukrainian President's claims that no quid pro quo took place! Schiff was shown once again to be a liar...something he's been caught at repeatedly...yet HE was the chosen to run the House investigation?

You're not to be taken seriously. Trump, Rudy, and Mulvaney all admitted it was a quid pro quo in broad daylight. Sondland admitted that it was a quid pro quo. Trump has openly said he'd illegally take dirt from a foreign government in a heartbeat. He even asked China to investigate the Bidens.

Sensitive my ass. Only in the sense that it exposed this president's criminality. And again, THERE WAS NO "TRANSCRIPT".

Zelensky said he wasn't pressured in the slightest.

Are you suggesting that the Ukrainian leader is a liar?

Would the libs be willing to get behind Putin and attack Ukraine? Will the Democrats promise to eliminate aid to Ukraine, if Zelensky refuses to back their narrative?

I keep hearing that, but tell me what corporations have raised wages, bonuses, built new plants, etc. as a result of the removal of all these regulations.
Well, for example, the modifications to HUD and FHA loans and such, it speeds up the process of buying a home, which means home sell faster.

I don't understand why it's so difficult to understand that the economy will move along more quickly, if regulations which are stifling growth are emended to streamline the functions of a business, or by simply removing regulations which make it cost prohibitive.
He asked you to name a regulation that raised wages -- and you couldn't......which pretty much makes his point...

Simply saying "get rid of regulations" is what people say when they can't tell you much more than that......Right now, can you tell me what regulation we can do away with that will raise wages right now??

Will loosening environmental protections so large corporations can pollute easier -- will that raise wages?? what??

Are you involved in any kind of business, Biff? If you were...you'd have a good idea how much time and money we waste in this country jumping through hoops set up by government.
So in other words, you are not going to tell me which regulatory rule being removed resulted in you or your employees getting a raise... got it

Nice list, but you are not telling us how they changed the economy.
It's just inferred that removing regulatory burdens that stifle growth and productivity, by either eliminating regulations or amending them to make them more friendly towards economic growth, does help the economy.

I remember Steve Jobs saying that we have creating so many new regulations today, that it would have been impossible to create Apple back then, if he had to operate under the regulations we have today.

Hell, our society has gone crazy with new laws and regulations, that little kids are even having their lemon aid stands shut down

West Virginia correctional cadets who gave Nazi salute in photo will all be fired

Child's Lemonade Stand Shut Down For Lack Of Permit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-up-a-lemonade-stand-then-she-was-fined-200/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-stands-these-lawyers-work-for-big-lemonade/

yadda, yadda

Again just explain how that list of regulations boosted the economy, if that is what they have done it should be easy to explain.

Can you understand how money spent on compliance with frivolous regulations can't be spent on hiring? On R & D? On advertising? On new plants? Just how clueless are you, Super?
I see answering my question is hard for you, but I'm used to it...…

So again, I am going to help you out.....I am going to give you an example of how a regulatory rule resulted in workers getting higher wages....

Let's start with something simple like the Overtime Pay rule.....that "GOVERNMENT REGULATION" resulted in increased wages because it regulated that people working over 40 hrs were paid time and a half.....

Now, you tell me which regulation that was eliminated that resulted in a similar wage increase...

I'll wait while you pontificate and bloviate and speak in platitudes about non-sense because you can't answer a direct question....

Q: What do you call a trial with no witnesses and no documents where the judges are colluding with the defense and have already admitted that they wouldn't honor their oath to be fair and impartial?

What do you call a trial where none of the witnesses called by the prosecution had first hand knowledge of what happened? The only people who did are Trump...who released the transcript of the call...and the President of the Ukraine who has steadfastly denied there was any quid pro quo in play!

Answer? A trial that the judge would throw out for lack of evidence before it even went to trial!

Where do you Trumpublicans (I'd call ya conservatives but ya ain't) get your news anyway? There were SEVERAL witnesses who were on these calls and smack-dab in the middle of Rudy and Donald's "drug deal".

It should also be noted that Donnie didn't release a "transcript" - We got the Billy Barr SUMMARY which stated right up top that it wasn't a verbatim transcript. It was full of ellipses (dot dot dot) ... meaning paragraphs were cut short. The "transcript" got worm-holed away on a super-secret server.

Items were redacted from the transcript as they almost always ARE when sensitive topics are being discussed between nations and leaders. What's telling about the transcript is that it contradicts what Adam Schiff was claiming took place during the phone call and backs up both President Trump and the Ukrainian President's claims that no quid pro quo took place! Schiff was shown once again to be a liar...something he's been caught at repeatedly...yet HE was the chosen to run the House investigation?

You're not to be taken seriously. Trump, Rudy, and Mulvaney all admitted it was a quid pro quo in broad daylight. Sondland admitted that it was a quid pro quo. Trump has openly said he'd illegally take dirt from a foreign government in a heartbeat. He even asked China to investigate the Bidens.

Sensitive my ass. Only in the sense that it exposed this president's criminality. And again, THERE WAS NO "TRANSCRIPT".

Would the libs be willing to get behind Putin and attack Ukraine? Will the Democrats promise to eliminate aid to Ukraine, if Zelensky refuses to back their narrative?
"Zelensky said he wasn't pressured in the slightest."

Yes, because people typically admit they take bribes. :eusa_doh:

He's not just suggesting the Ukrainian leader is a liar, he's flatout claiming it. The narrative is that of course he's lying, because we can't have the "victim" insisting he wasn't a victim.

Bribe = pressure? Not usually. Bribe = temptation, yes. Pressure = extortion, yes, as we saw from Crazy Uncle Joe. Now THAT'S pressure.

Trumpers are the type who say "Well the guy with the gun being held to his back should have told us he had a gun to his back"

It's almost like they don't understand how coercion works......

Trumpers are the type who say "Well the guy with the gun being held to his back should have told us he had a gun to his back"

They sure don't. It's like they think that after the gun is removed and guy is set free, the bad guy is still there.

Yeah, they're ALL lame but that one may be the lamest talking Trumpublican talking point of all.

If you believe it, then you believe that hostage videotapes are always the God's honest truth.

My captors have been SO kind and they give me steak and lobster most nights. :rolleyes:

They sure don't. It's like they think that after the gun is removed and guy is set free, the bad guy is still there.
But the bad guy is still there.....in fact, most of the people that the coerced guy thought would hold the bad guy accountable are in fact 1000% on the side of the bad guy.....

Leading the coerced guy to realize his best move is to not rock the boat...….

Besides, the coerced guy is the one who cancelled a TV appearance to announce what the bad guy wanted him to announce the minute the bad guy was forced to release the military aid....

Zelensky Nearly Announced The Investigations Trump Wanted -- Then Everything Changed

Bribe = pressure? Not usually. Bribe = temptation, yes. Pressure = extortion, yes, as we saw from Crazy Uncle Joe. Now THAT'S pressure.
Zelensky expressed interest in buying missiles from us and Trump asked for favors. That's a bribe.

But the bad guy is still there.....in fact, most of the people that the coerced guy thought would hold the bad guy accountable are in fact 1000% on the side of the bad guy.....

Besides, the coerced guy is the one who cancelled a TV appearance to announce what the bad guy wanted him to announce the minute the bad guy was forced to release the military aid....

Zelensky Nearly Announced The Investigations Trump Wanted -- Then Everything Changed
And now that everyone is watching, the bad guy can't put the gun in his back any more. It is far too easy to simply insist the "victim" is lying because it upsets the narrative, especially when the "victim" has come to no harm.

And interesting that the "victim" is so scared of Trump that he is willing to lie about being pressured, yet so UN-afraid of Trump that he's willing to defy his wishes by not announcing the investigation. Can't really have it both ways, you know.

Zelensky expressed interest in buying missiles from us and Trump asked for favors. That's a bribe.
Oh, so Zelensky was trying to bribe Trump? That's not pressure, though.

And now that everyone is watching, the bad guy can't put the gun in his back any more. It is far too easy to simply insist the "victim" is lying because it upsets the narrative, especially when the "victim" has come to no harm.

And interesting that the "victim" is so scared of Trump that he is willing to lie about being pressured, yet so UN-afraid of Trump that he's willing to defy his wishes by not announcing the investigation. Can't really have it both ways, you know.
Actually yes the bad guy can...….because EVERYONE is not listening....

The entire Trump admin and GOP is still pretending there was never a gun being held to the back of the coerced guy in the first place...…

If I were the coerced guy, I would concede that the entire GOP are corrupt as shit...something that coerced guy knows something about...

and it is not the coerced guy's job to aid in the investigation of a US politician......something the bad guy and his sycophants (YOU) still haven't understood yet....

Oh, so Zelensky was trying to bribe Trump? That's not pressure, though.
No, Zelensky accepted a bribe from Impeached Trump.

The "victim" in this case came to PLENTY of harm. They lost dozens of lives and vast amounts of land to Putin's thugs while Dotardo sat on 400 million for over 90 days because they were reluctant to lie for him and say they were investigating a nothingburger.

What a crock. Nobody has admitted there was quid pro quo! It's been alleged by the Left but what the House "trial" made abundantly clear is that you have zero PROOF that the aid was contingent on the Ukrainian President investigating the Biden's!

It's called negotiating...something that EVERY SINGLE PRESIDENT SINCE GEORGE WASHINGTON HAS DONE!!! DUH?

It's called negotiating...something that EVERY SINGLE PRESIDENT SINCE GEORGE WASHINGTON HAS DONE!!! DUH?

Sorry, a president negotiates in the interest of the country. Trump was negotiating in the interest of Donald Trump. DUH?

What a crock. Nobody has admitted there was quid pro quo! It's been alleged by the Left but what the House "trial" made abundantly clear is that you have zero PROOF that the aid was contingent on the Ukrainian President investigating the Biden's!

Some of the most ill informed people on the planet post right here in USMB! :lol:

Forum List

Back