Why is the South such an embarrassment?

The lower cost of living in the South makes its percentage of impoverished much higher than it is elsewhere.

My man, that doesnt even make sense.

If your cost of living is LESS in the south, the dollars people have BUY more good and services. Thereby there should be LESS people living at a poverty level because their money goes farther.

Now if the state and companies have cut wages and benefits that reflect the lower cost of living, the poverty level would stay about the same. High.

IT is funny how Northerners like to compare their higher percentage white populations to Southern population with anywhere from 30% to 50% blacks.

I am from the Great State of Virginia. And the poorest, most government dependent people in the South that I personally know of, is the poor white folk living up the hollers and on top of the mountains in the coal country of western Virgina.

Either mine injury, mine caused black long, or OTJ injury in other high risk work in the mountains, has a great many men drawing government benefits of some sort. As well as being addicted to doctor perscribed pain killers. Oxycotin is a favorite down there. Lets not even get to the education system.

Hardly a black or Mexican to be found in the Grundy Va. area where I was born and lived and have lots of relatives.

Then I go to Gulf Shores every year. You know the dumbest people I run into down there is white hilljacks from Miss.
You do not want to see a car load of kids and a dumb white fat mom pulling into the condo parking lot with a dumber dad in tow and Miss plates on the car. Bummer.

Then to complain that there are a lot of blacks in the south is comical. Hell the white people down there imported millions. WTF?
And illegals. You think Mexicans who have never seen a temp below 45 are looking to go to a state that has -20 degrees with 5 foot of snow? Come on now.

You cracking me up.

The South apparently is still not done fighting the Civil War, at least let them get to prohibition in the timeline to start expecting them to think as modern Americans.

You are an absolute Fool. Why don't you get out of the house and away from USMB and visit the South. Florida just overtook New York as third in the nation in population. We have a whole lot better way of life than most folks in the North. That's why they all move here when they retire. We are able to spend much of our time outdoors engaging in outdoor pursuits. Atlanta, Ga is one of the most beautiful of modern cities and headquarters to many national and international companies. Most of the South is booming compared to the North and is attracting many northern companies. You are a prejudiced and ignorant bigot.

You say this even as the statistics point to the exact opposite...

I say this from personal knowledge, not some outdated internet opinion piece. I have traveled extensively. I have visited several southern and northern cities myself.

The lower cost of living in the South makes its percentage of impoverished much higher than it is elsewhere.

My man, that doesnt even make sense.

If your cost of living is LESS in the south, the dollars people have BUY more good and services. Thereby there should be LESS people living at a poverty level because their money goes farther.

Now if the state and companies have cut wages and benefits that reflect the lower cost of living, the poverty level would stay about the same. High.

IT is funny how Northerners like to compare their higher percentage white populations to Southern population with anywhere from 30% to 50% blacks.

I am from the Great State of Virginia. And the poorest, most government dependent people in the South that I personally know of, is the poor white folk living up the hollers and on top of the mountains in the coal country of western Virgina.

Either mine injury, mine caused black long, or OTJ injury in other high risk work in the mountains, has a great many men drawing government benefits of some sort. As well as being addicted to doctor perscribed pain killers. Oxycotin is a favorite down there. Lets not even get to the education system.

Hardly a black or Mexican to be found in the Grundy Va. area where I was born and lived and have lots of relatives.

Then I go to Gulf Shores every year. You know the dumbest people I run into down there is white hilljacks from Miss.
You do not want to see a car load of kids and a dumb white fat mom pulling into the condo parking lot with a dumber dad in tow and Miss plates on the car. Bummer.

Then to complain that there are a lot of blacks in the south is comical. Hell the white people down there imported millions. WTF?
And illegals. You think Mexicans who have never seen a temp below 45 are looking to go to a state that has -20 degrees with 5 foot of snow? Come on now.

You cracking me up.

The average working family in Pensacola live in a 2,000 square foot brick three or four bedroom home with two plus baths. She has a car and he most often drives a pick up truck. Many have nice boats and spend their week ends swimming in their own pool or visiting the local beaches which have the whitest sand in the nation. Many fish, hunt, scuba dive, water ski, and have a great time outdoors. They are living the good life while the people in the northern states and cities scrape by simply trying to pay their utility bills. I lived in Winchester, Va for eleven years back in 1970's in a three bedroom brick home. My electric bill in Northern Virginia back then was $300.00 per month. I now live in a three bedroom 2900 square foot brick home and my electric bill averages $160.00 per month. I don't shovel my truck in and out of the driveway every day either.

original.jpg

Do these people like being poor?

Is the GOP in love with poverty?

To the GOP is the ideal American fat, dumb, and poor?
The south is still butt sore from the civil war then equal rights.

You know "the South" is part of The United States of America, right fish? You realize there are millions of people in "the South" just as far-left liberal as you, right fish? Stop being an un-American douche.

Uh huh... Well, we may not be the paradise of say Detroit (where nobody has a job), or Chicago (where black youth are literally slaughtering themselves and their own black leaders do not appear to care one bit), or NY City (which is run by a leftist nut that is pitting the criminals against his own police force), or Pittsburgh (a broke industrial ghost town).

No, we may not be such a paradise. But I will take it over the northern ice box, shit hole leftist, morally and environmentally polluted north any day of the week.

The op is clearly a naive, young twat whose opinions are worthless.

Hey they may be camo-wearing, Walmart-lovin, gun-obsessed, sister-fucking racists, but the Republican Party desperately needs em. Without em, Republicans have no chance of winning the White House. They're stuck together.

The South isn't all bad. There are still many old school courteous folks there. More so than in places in the Northeast. I enjoyed some of my time living in the South. But i gotta admit, there are still too many camo-wearing, gun-obsessed, sister-fucking, Walmart-shopping, white racists, for my taste.
Lol, is that so?

Then name me one camo-wearing, gun-obsessed, sister-fucking, Walmart-shopping, white racist, liar.

Too many to count in the South. Accepted norms there. They are pretty much backwards kooks. But they make up much of the Republican Party Base. The Party can't survive without their votes.

Camo wearing, gun toting. Yep, those are the norm, because we like it. The rest aren't.

While some does still exist, as it exists everywhere, you'll find racism FAR more prevalent in the Democratic Party. Certain segments which vote universally democrat are unabashed and approved racists. Yet that seems to somehow escape your notice.

The South isn't all bad. There are still many old school courteous folks there. More so than in places in the Northeast. I enjoyed some of my time living in the South. But i gotta admit, there are still too many camo-wearing, gun-obsessed, sister-fucking, Walmart-shopping, white racists, for my taste.
Lol, is that so?

Then name me one camo-wearing, gun-obsessed, sister-fucking, Walmart-shopping, white racist, liar.

Too many to count in the South. Accepted norms there. They are pretty much backwards kooks. But they make up much of the Republican Party Base. The Party can't survive without their votes.

Camo wearing, gun toting. Yep, those are the norm, because we like it. The rest aren't.

While some does still exist, as it exists everywhere, you'll find racism FAR more prevalent in the Democratic Party. Certain segments which vote universally democrat are unabashed and approved racists. Yet that seems to somehow escape your notice.

I'm half-kidding. I used to live in the South. It wasn't all bad. But i found it to be pretty bizarre. Way too many fat camo-wearing, gun-obsessed, Walmart-lovin, sister-fuckers for my liking. But hey, that's just my opinion.

,,,The South did not start the Civil War, the North did. Read up on the Norths refusal to transfer their military bases over to the south and the one at Pensecola firing on a civilian delegation to emphasize their 'NO!'
Incorrect.

The South started the Civil War by (1) attempting to secede from the Union, then (2) attacking and seizing Federal property in pursuit of that secession.

War began the moment that (1) was accomplished.

Incorrect. When the south seceded, said property ceased being Federal property. They were ordered to leave, and instead of leaving Lincoln reinforced and resupplied it.

War began because that's exactly what Lincoln wanted.

Lol, is that so?

Yes, we are a backwards bunch. We have Cape Kennedy, the Stennis Space Center, NASA at Houston, Redstone Arsenal at Huntsville, etc.

Ha, are you seriously giving camo-wearing sister-fucking redneck dude credit for all that? Come on man. :laugh:

Well we did build it, and staff it. So yeah, you generally give credit to those who do things.

Lol, is that so?

Yes, we are a backwards bunch. We have Cape Kennedy, the Stennis Space Center, NASA at Houston, Redstone Arsenal at Huntsville, etc.

Ha, are you seriously giving camo-wearing sister-fucking redneck dude credit for all that? Come on man. :laugh:

Well we did build it, and staff it. So yeah, you generally give credit to those who do things.

:lol: Sorry, ain't buyin it. Camo-wearing, Walmart-lovin, sister-fucking morons didn't build shite. But hey, good story.

Lol, is that so?

I'm half-kidding. I used to live in the South. It wasn't all bad. But i found it to be pretty bizarre. Way too many fat camo-wearing, gun-obsessed, Walmart-lovin, sister-fuckers for my liking. But hey, that's just my opinion.

So you're saying you're the Yankee who thought they knew everything all the people around you politely ignored because they were too stupid to associate with.

It's ok, you're not the only one we run across down here. They generally run back north where they can wallow in their ignorance and filth together.

Some learn better though. We keep them, they're not bad folks once they learn to overcome their preconceptions.

Lol, is that so?

:lol: Sorry, ain't buyin it. Camo-wearing, Walmart-lovin, sister-fucking morons didn't build shite. But hey, good story.

They built a hell of a lot more then you crack smoking pants down to the ankles, living in your mommy's basement.....ever did.

Lol, is that so?

So you're saying you're the Yankee who thought they knew everything all the people around you politely ignored because they were too stupid to associate with.

It's ok, you're not the only one we run across down here. They generally run back north where they can wallow in their ignorance and filth together.

Some learn better though. We keep them, they're not bad folks once they learn to overcome their preconceptions.

Hey, just heard the Walmart's runnin a big sale on nooses and white sheets today. Y'all better get down there. Supplies are limited.

I kid... but i'm serious. Get down there. ;)

Last edited:
Uh huh... Well, we may not be the paradise of say Detroit (where nobody has a job), or Chicago (where black youth are literally slaughtering themselves and their own black leaders do not appear to care one bit), or NY City (which is run by a leftist nut that is pitting the criminals against his own police force), or Pittsburgh (a broke industrial ghost town).

No, we may not be such a paradise. But I will take it over the northern ice box, shit hole leftist, morally and environmentally polluted north any day of the week.

The op is clearly a naive, young twat whose opinions are worthless.
Metro Detroit has great wealth. Do you have any all black cities near you that are run by blacks and run well?

Yeah its so bad that the South is booming economically. People are flocking here from up North....so much so that the South now has a larger population than any other region. Our cities are thriving. Business is relocating here. We have the best food best women best football best weather.

America's future is the South.

We do...however....have over 50% of all the nation's African Americans and a massive % of illegal aliens. That's where the poverty and low educational scores are rooted

You have just won the thread.

Mark

,,,The South did not start the Civil War, the North did. Read up on the Norths refusal to transfer their military bases over to the south and the one at Pensecola firing on a civilian delegation to emphasize their 'NO!'
Incorrect.

The South started the Civil War by (1) attempting to secede from the Union, then (2) attacking and seizing Federal property in pursuit of that secession.

Incorrect. When the south seceded, said property ceased being Federal property. They were ordered to leave, and instead of leaving Lincoln reinforced and resupplied it.

Secession was unconstitutional. "No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation;" The fort remained US Territory.

Lincoln would have left the Souths slavery system intact if it meant keeping the union together. Southern slave holders didn't believe him. They could have won their independence, but they chose the wrong General to lead them.

Incorrect.

Secession was unconstitutional. "No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation;" The fort remained US Territory.

Lincoln would have left the Souths slavery system intact if it meant keeping the union together. Southern slave holders didn't believe him. They could have won their independence, but they chose the wrong General to lead them.

Secession was as valid as the colonies seceding from England.

Forum List

Back