Why Man Could Not Have Created Christianity

A god that drowns the entire human race except for one family, a family who then repopulates the Earth with exactly the same depravity that existed befor the mass murder. In fact that god sounds just like one that would come from a human mind.
Really? Is that the kind of God you would create?

Nah, that is the one 'Christians' created. If you haven't read the bible give it a try, it is a horror story from one end to the other. All religious books are that came from millenia ago because as with today nature is always trying to kill people. It's just today we understand volcanoes and lightning. They thought some angry derp was toying with them.
I've read it in it's entirety. Via at home Bible study.

A god that drowns the entire human race except for one family, a family who then repopulates the Earth with exactly the same depravity that existed befor the mass murder. In fact that god sounds just like one that would come from a human mind.

Sir Isaac Newton saw value in the story. ----------no accounting for taste

He lived in an era where it was dangerous to go against the church. Today the church has no real power over people. That is unless the fake evangelicals get their way and install their religion as law. Like Isis did.

He lived in an era where it was dangerous to go against the church. Today the church has no real power over people. That is unless the fake evangelicals get their way and install their religion as law. Like Isis did.

the religiosity of good old uncle Isaac who "GAVE US CALCULUS" may his name be cursed by every freshman----was not a political issue

He fulfilled the law. He was a sacrifice for us so we weren't judged by law
So, to be clear, none of the Old Testament rules apply to Christians? because that is certainly not what the bible says...
Your total lack of understanding of Christianity explains a lot. Don't feel bad, all Christian bashers lack understanding and are clueless on the topic.
Now excuse me while I enjoy my lobster wrapped in bacon and get my tools ready for some yard work this Saturday.

And they all Bible thump. It’s bad enough when christians do it but to watch anti Christians get up on their hind legs and spout that which they don’t understand sort of makes me embarrassed for them.
This is why the term “pearls before swine” exists.
Oh that's funny. It's not that we "don't understand", it's that you guys keep changing the rules:

the-old-testament-doesnt-apply-unless-ofcoursewesayitapplies-then-the-part-6085262.png
There are religions out there that live by the Bible, including the. old Testament quite literally.

There are indeed. Czernoborg has decided Christians should. He is still sort of shell shocked that nobody listens to him.

To be an atheist is simply to not believe in gods.

You forgot about the part where atheists are required to get in chat boards and say “so if you believe...”

:) that has to be a requirement.

So, to be clear, none of the Old Testament rules apply to Christians? because that is certainly not what the bible says...
Your total lack of understanding of Christianity explains a lot. Don't feel bad, all Christian bashers lack understanding and are clueless on the topic.
Now excuse me while I enjoy my lobster wrapped in bacon and get my tools ready for some yard work this Saturday.

And they all Bible thump. It’s bad enough when christians do it but to watch anti Christians get up on their hind legs and spout that which they don’t understand sort of makes me embarrassed for them.
Oh that's funny. It's not that we "don't understand", it's that you guys keep changing the rules:

the-old-testament-doesnt-apply-unless-ofcoursewesayitapplies-then-the-part-6085262.png
There are religions out there that live by the Bible, including the. old Testament quite literally.

There are indeed. Czernoborg has decided Christians should. He is still sort of shell shocked that nobody listens to him.
I make no such claim. I only make the observation that Christians do interpret the Old Testament literally, when it fits their purpose, and that Christians are, at best, inconsistent about their insistence that the Old Testament "does not apply" to Christians.

I make no such claim. I only make the observation that Christians do interpret the Old Testament literally, when it fits their purpose, and that Christians are, at best, inconsistent about their insistence that the Old Testament "does not apply" to Christians.
Says the guy who claims Christians have 613 laws they must follow or else.

No clue as to the faith.

Really? Is that the kind of God you would create?

Nah, that is the one 'Christians' created. If you haven't read the bible give it a try, it is a horror story from one end to the other. All religious books are that came from millenia ago because as with today nature is always trying to kill people. It's just today we understand volcanoes and lightning. They thought some angry derp was toying with them.
Hilarious watching someone who uses the handle "IsaacNewton" bash Christians as being pathetic morons.

To be an atheist is simply to not believe in gods.

You forgot about the part where atheists are required to get in chat boards and say “so if you believe...”

:) that has to be a requirement.
First, theists do the same thing. Second, no one is forcing you to read a single thread, let alone respond to it. Feel free to fuck right off whenever you'd like.

No clue as to the faith.
No. I said the Bible has 613 laws. Which it does. I thought you said you had read the Bible in its entirety. How did you miss that part? It takes up a rather significant portion. Further, while, as you point out, by Christian dogma, a Christian won't be "judged" by the law, Jesus made it clear that adherence to the law is still morally requisite. No where in the New Testament are the 10 commandments repeated. Would you submit, then, that Christians are not bound buy those commandments, since they are "only in the Old Testament"? Once again, Christians are decidedly inconsistent in their insistence that the Old Testament is not applicable to them.

No clue as to the faith.
No. I said the Bible has 613 laws. Which it does. I thought you said you had read the Bible in its entirety. How did you miss that part? It takes up a rather significant portion. Further, while, as you point out, by Christian dogma, a Christian won't be "judged" by the law, Jesus made it clear that adherence to the law is still morally requisite. No where in the New Testament are the 10 commandments repeated. Would you submit, then, that Christians are not bound buy those commandments, since they are "only in the Old Testament"? Once again, Christians are decidedly inconsistent in their insistence that the Old Testament is not applicable to them.
Nope. You claimed Christianity - the topic of this thread - created 613 laws to subjucate women.

You have no clue about either faith, you need to stick to your Islamic speciality.

What man would create a religion that frowns on promiscuity and promotes monogamy?
The owner of slaves to keep his slaves from killing each other in fits of jealousy. Along with the life ever after aspect so they would suffer sweetly hopping for the ever after.

No clue as to the faith.
Nope. You claimed Christianity - the topic of this thread - created 613 laws to subjucate women.

You have no clue about either faith, you need to stick to your Islamic speciality.
No, I didn't. I sad man created a religion that included 613 laws, many of which subjugate women. At no point in time did I, nor the OP, specify Christianity. You presumed that, and proceeded accordingly.

You really do need to try harder...

No clue as to the faith.

No, I didn't. I sad man created a religion that included 613 laws, many of which subjugate women. At no point in time did I, nor the OP, specify Christianity. You presumed that, and proceeded accordingly.

You really do need to try harder...
Dumber than a brick. Your lame excuses for being ignorant are rather entertaining.
Why Man Could Not Have Created Christianity

the religiosity of good old uncle Isaac who "GAVE US CALCULUS" may his name be cursed by every freshman----was not a political issue

Everything in the era of the power of the church in Europe was a political issue. Everything. Read some history.

Everything in the era of the power of the church in Europe was a political issue. Everything. Read some history.

I read it------Isaac Newton did not PUBLICIZE his very esoteric religious dabblings. He left journals and private writings

I know how to translate “literally”. But how do you “interpret literally”?

Forum List

Back