Why no protests, no riots, no burning down of my city?

Liberals won't be happy until all police adopt "I hear nothing"; "I see nothing".

BUT....then they'll be pissed off when their own home is robbed, their children kidnapped and/or murdered and their wives (or themselves) raped.

That's just liberal logic.

Nothing to see here - move along.

How many officer involved shootings do you think there are in the US every year? How many do you think get national coverage?

It's not just police shootings, you are correct, they do happen. But what I'm talking about here is the shooting and death of an unarmed suspect. That doesn't happen all the time. When race is involved, it does make national media.
Looks like 963 people were killed by police last year and 48 were unarmed. Thats about 80 deaths per month and 4 unarmed per month.

Police shootings 2016 database

The site wouldn't let me in unless you subscribe which I'm not about to do, but I did find a related piece that did cite the report and it said in 2016, 19 unarmed blacks were shot, however it didn't state the race of the police officers involved.

I also looked into police deaths, and in the same year, there was a 10% increase, and in 2017 so far, a 20% increase.

Police are killing fewer unarmed black men
You don't have to subscribe to view the content of the page I linked. You can scroll down and play with the filters to see different stats. I don't think they have a filter for the race of the officers.

Then I don't know why it's not working for me. You can't scroll up or down. This is the only thing I see when I clicked your link and also the hyperlink in the article I posted for you:

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 5.56.19 PM.png

CLEVELAND-- A Cleveland police officer was acquitted of negligent homicide on Friday.

Alan Buford was charged after fatally shooting a burglary suspect outside a Parkwood Avenue store on March 19, 2015.

Buford and his partner confronted Brandon Jones, 18, as he was leaving the Parkwood Grocery with a bag of stolen cigarettes, the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office said.

Cleveland police said the officers got into a struggle with Jones when they tried to arrest him. That's when Buford fired his service weapon, killing Jones.

Jones did not have a weapon.

Buford's attorney argued the shooting was justified because a reasonable officer would have feared for his life.

Cleveland officer acquitted in deadly shooting of unarmed burglary suspect

I find it amazing how the media controls our minds and thoughts. Just a question for all of you who don't live in the Cleveland area: did you hear about this story yet? Do you think you will?

Before you liberals chime in responding to the topic and not clicking the link, the police officer that killed this unarmed 18 year old black suspect is also African American. Next question: why did this story not make national media?

The leaders are no longer siding with the criminals.

CLEVELAND-- A Cleveland police officer was acquitted of negligent homicide on Friday.

Alan Buford was charged after fatally shooting a burglary suspect outside a Parkwood Avenue store on March 19, 2015.

Buford and his partner confronted Brandon Jones, 18, as he was leaving the Parkwood Grocery with a bag of stolen cigarettes, the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office said.

Cleveland police said the officers got into a struggle with Jones when they tried to arrest him. That's when Buford fired his service weapon, killing Jones.

Buford's attorney argued the shooting was justified because a reasonable officer would have feared for his life.

I find it amazing how the media controls our minds and thoughts. Just a question for all of you who don't live in the Cleveland area: did you hear about this story yet? Do you think you will?

Before you liberals chime in responding to the topic and not clicking the link, the police officer that killed this unarmed 18 year old black suspect is also African American. Next question: why did this story not make national media?

The leaders are no longer siding with the criminals.

It's an all Democrat city so they do side with the criminals. Birds of a feather. But there is nothing they can do when a judge or jury decide no laws were broken.

Yes, let's celebrate shooting & killing an unarmed man for stealing some cigarettes. Sure, let's do that.

Man, Authority-Worshippers really are some messed up folks. This kind of stuff is why so many now distrust our Police. They see the System as being completely rigged.

Really? The reason police shot the suspect is because of the crime he was committing?

Don't lie about things because it makes you too obvious and a bad argument to boot. The police only use deadly force for self-defense, not because the subject was committing a crime they didn't like.

Ya gotta stop Goose Stepping your way through life. The Police can be wrong. They need to be held accountable much more than they are currently. More & more Citizens are losing faith in our Police.

Yes, let's celebrate shooting & killing an unarmed man for stealing some cigarettes. Sure, let's do that.

Man, Authority-Worshippers really are some messed up folks. This kind of stuff is why so many now distrust our Police. They see the System as being completely rigged.

Really? The reason police shot the suspect is because of the crime he was committing?

Don't lie about things because it makes you too obvious and a bad argument to boot. The police only use deadly force for self-defense, not because the subject was committing a crime they didn't like.

Ya gotta stop Goose Stepping your way through life. The Police can be wrong. They need to be held accountable much more than they are currently. More & more Citizens are losing faith in our Police.

You cannot be held accountable if you committed no crime. The problem is the left thinks that if an officer uses deadly force against somebody who is unarmed, that's a crime. It's not.

Yes, the police can be wrong. That's why there are extensive investigations. And if a police officer is found to be breaking the law (not necessarily right or wrong) that officer is held accountable.

The first step to reality is to understand our laws. I'm a CCW holder in my state, and here is the law I must abide to:

"A licensed carrier can use his or her firearm if the carrier believes that they (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death."

Police are held to the same laws that I am. I do have the right to use deadly force against an unarmed attacker. Why shouldn't police?

Of course they did because voters are ignorant of the law. The same thing would have happened to the Mayor and Council who were against paying off Rice's mother. It had nothing to do with guilt; that was decided by the jury, it had to do with paying people off with taxpayer dollars. Now that money is gone, and it could have been used for better purposes like new police cars, more police, improvements to parks and playgrounds. It was used for politics instead, and now Cleveland can't replace their retiring police force. In the next five years, 160 officers will be retiring, and they are only going to replace 60 of them.

Well, maybe you should get cops of better quality than TImmy the Weeper.

Because it is not tawdry enough
It does not have that delicious, derisive and dumb racial element to it that was Obamas favorite drum bang

Last edited:
Because there's no more Obama or no Hillary to incite them to riot?

That's my guess.
Riiiight .... because there were never any riots over police killing blacks before Obama and Hillary.
icon_rolleyes.gif

That's my guess.
Riiiight .... because there were never any riots over police killing blacks before Obama and Hillary.
icon_rolleyes.gif
You are correct. There were not, Barry made it a cottage industry

Hell, he nationalized it and made it an entire governmental institution with his Justice Department, Eric Holder, and Loretta Lynch.

We had two black Attorneys General and still the left was rabid and unhappy. This proves that left will never be happy, no matter what. Even when they get everything they want.

Leftists are some of the unhappiest, miserable sons and daughters of bitches this world has ever seen. The only happiness they get out of life is forcing the rest of the country to share in their misery.

That's my guess.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Sure haven't been any after Trump was elected. How do you explain that, goat boy?
Who knows what you think that proves? :dunno: There were none in Obama's first year either.

That's my guess.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Under DumBama there were two riots and multiple protests against the police. When was the last one before DumBama? The only one I remember was Rodney King and he wasn't killed.

Of course they did because voters are ignorant of the law. The same thing would have happened to the Mayor and Council who were against paying off Rice's mother. It had nothing to do with guilt; that was decided by the jury, it had to do with paying people off with taxpayer dollars. Now that money is gone, and it could have been used for better purposes like new police cars, more police, improvements to parks and playgrounds. It was used for politics instead, and now Cleveland can't replace their retiring police force. In the next five years, 160 officers will be retiring, and they are only going to replace 60 of them.

Well, maybe you should get cops of better quality than TImmy the Weeper.

In Cleveland, the cops are fine, it's the Democrat politicians that are running the city into the ground.

That's my guess.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Sure haven't been any after Trump was elected. How do you explain that, goat boy?
Who knows what you think that proves? :dunno: There were none in Obama's first year either.

So you were willing to give Obama a whole year to ramp up his Chicago "community organizer" style of stirring up division between the races, yet you claim within the first six months, that Trump's Presidency is a "total failure"?

Ask me how I know that you're being one-sided.

That's my guess.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Under DumBama there were two riots and multiple protests against the police. When was the last one before DumBama? The only one I remember was Rodney King and he wasn't killed.

Not to mention the murderous attacks against police officers, carried out by BLM supporters.

That's my guess.
icon_rolleyes.gif

So what if there were two while Obama was president? You're certainly not insinuating the president was responsible?

That's my guess.
icon_rolleyes.gif

So you were willing to give Obama a whole year to ramp up his Chicago "community organizer" style of stirring up division between the races, yet you claim within the first six months, that Trump's Presidency is a "total failure"?

Ask me how I know that you're being one-sided.
No, I'm pointing out that Trump's not been in office very long. Also, there haven't been any egregious events of cops killing blacks since he's been president. Even longer, actually.

Forum List

Back