Why Non-Believer's Can't Comprehend Christianity....

Why can't you see that as double-talk?

It is the difficulty Christians must face when attempting to explain the Trinity. First, it is a mystery we don't quite understand, a being we cannot quite comprehend. We can offer analogies so that you might better understand what we, ourselves, struggle to grasp. Here's my analogy.

When we need to tell someone something, but cannot be present personally, we send them a letter, an email, or a text. Our word and message are present although we are not. Jesus is the Word, that Christians believe God made present among us.

When someone cannot be present for holidays and family gatherings, we often hear, "I will be with you in spirit." For humans, this means someone is thinking of us. But for God, Spirit, is an actual presence.

Sometimes it may be easier to think in reverse: Spirit, Word, Creator, all what we might think of as animated, and all the same Being. We humans can grasp the idea of an individual with super powers, and that type of transcendent thinking is needed in our attempts to grapple God's revelation of Himself as Trinity.

That is why Jesus the Son can be different from the Father. And, yet the same.

Because God is one entity, comprised of 3, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
I see it as a Truth, yet one that is hard for the human mind to conceptualize...
Because it is an obvious contradiction used to test if the subject is thoroughly brainwashed enough not to see it

Because God is one entity, comprised of 3, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
I see it as a Truth, yet one that is hard for the human mind to conceptualize...
Because it is an obvious contradiction used to test if the subject is thoroughly brainwashed enough not to see it

It doesn't mean anything. Just a bunch of crazy mumbo jumbo, IMO.

As I said, there is no greater darkness than the darkness in the mind of the person whose only light in life is a lie.

Except it's not a lie, and, you can not prove it is a lie.
It only looks false to you because you can't "see"...... (or won't see....)

You can't see something that doesn't really exist. :) Are you trying to tell us that you "see" God now? No, you do not. You don't know anymore than anyone else. There is nothing here that indicates that you do either. You even admitted that you don't take the rules too seriously yourself. IOW, you pick and choose and ignore the things you don't agree with in your own practice of your religion. I am telling you, when you don't follow the rules yourself and then preach to others, you come across as a big fat hypocrite!

maybe... but I only have to answer to God. Everyone else can bash, ignore or do whatever they want.
God can use anyone....
The god you found be reading this book?
stash-1-50304947dff4d.jpeg

yes, I saw this the first time...
I did not "find" God reading the Bible.
And, like I have said, God can reveal himself in many ways..... that little picture is not the full story .......
God reveals himself like a flasher?

Why Non-Believer's Can't Comprehend Christianity....

There are PLENTY of us non-Believers who comprehend Christianity quite well.

We're called 'Dis-Believers'.​

That means that we understand the stories and we grok the concept - we just don't buy it.

`

You are limiting what you believe to your limited capabilities.
An imperfect being can not understand the perfect, unless it is revealed to him by the perfect.
You can't understand what you have never experienced.
Disqualifying it because you have not experienced it is not being open minded.

That's my point..... I have experienced it, I do understand it, and I reject it.

That's my point..... I have experienced it, I do understand it, and I reject it.

What is your most memorable Christian experience?

Hmmmm... Most memorable?

In general? Probably the euphoria of prayer and speaking in tongues.

Most memorable single event experience - working with the Billy Graham Crusades.
Ya, I get like that too when I'm drunk. Do you think that god is trying to tell me something?

They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Yet you people claim he is one in the same..

yes, because he IS God
1 God, 3 Persons... get it?
no....its ridiculous...1 body 3 persons?....i bet it was awfully crowded in there....

God lives without the limitations of a three-dimensional universe. He is infinitely more complex than we are.

The Bible clearly speaks of: God the Son, God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit. But emphasizes that there is only ONE God.

tell the catholics that,i was taught that Jesus was god here on earth,and when i asked the Priest who was doing the teaching,if that is true whom was Jesus (god) praying to in the Garden that night?.....who would the ultimate life form be praying to?...the guy stumbled for a minute and then told me he wasnt actually praying he was meditating.....oh ok....gotcha

They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

yes, because he IS God
no....its ridiculous...1 body 3 persons?....i bet it was awfully crowded in there....

God lives without the limitations of a three-dimensional universe. He is infinitely more complex than we are.

The Bible clearly speaks of: God the Son, God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit. But emphasizes that there is only ONE God.

tell the catholics that,i was taught that Jesus was god here on earth,and when i asked the Priest who was doing the teaching,if that is true whom was Jesus (god) praying to in the Garden that night?.....who would the ultimate life form be praying to?...the guy stumbled for a minute and then told me he wasnt actually praying he was meditating.....oh ok....gotcha

yeah well, if you have seen anything I post at all, you know what I think about the Catholic faith...
if you don't, please ask! I'll be happy to share my thoughts....

And that crowd will go wild! :)

Yeah, I've been a Catholic for all my life, decades, including a childhood in a Catholic school. I've heard that question asked numerous times, and I never saw a priest stumble over answering. Could it be you imagined you had a "Gotcha" question and then also imagined the "stumbling"?

When Christ was on earth, he was fully man, and as any other man prayed to the Father. You might try picturing a bubble. The air within and without the bubble is the same air. The air within the bubble is bound by smaller parameters. In order for Christ's humanity to be truly human, he would also be bound by human parameters.

No priest would say, "Jesus didn't actually pray, he meditated..." Come on. At least make up a story that approaches the believable.

yeah well, if you have seen anything I post at all, you know what I think about the Catholic faith...

Comedy does have a way of making a crowd go wild. However, if you ever want to trade comedy for truth, it is not difficult to find.

Comedy does have a way of making a crowd go wild. However, if you ever want to trade comedy for truth, it is not difficult to find.

I don't have to joke, the false doctrine in the Catholic church is so obvious it's laughable!

I don't have to joke, the false doctrine in the Catholic church is so obvious it's laughable!

What is knee-slapping laughable to Catholics is how far some Protestant denominations have to bend over backwards to make Catholic doctrine something it is not--and never was. The contortions are pretty amusing.

What is knee-slapping laughable to Catholics is how far some Protestant denominations have to bend over backwards to make Catholic doctrine something it is not--and never was. The contortions are pretty amusing.

We've discussed this before. Such a joke the Pope saying Priests can forgive women who have had abortions. Guess what? They can get forgiveness on their own!

CNN Headline = Pope Francis to allow priests to forgive abortion

Priests don't forgive sins (and neither does the Pope) - if you don't like the verbiage, take it up with CNN!

We've discussed this before. Such a joke the Pope saying Priests can forgive women who have had abortions. Guess what? They can get forgiveness on their own!

CNN Headline = Pope Francis to allow priests to forgive abortion

Priests don't forgive sins (and neither does the Pope) - if you don't like the verbiage, take it up with CNN!

Already responded to this. Any Bishop could (and many already had these many years past) authorized priests in their diocese to absolve the sin of abortion and thus provide reinstatement to the Catholic Church, without the woman having to see her Bishop.

I am sure many people would support people baptizing themselves, ordaining themselves, declaring themselves married, and forgiving themselves. In the Catholic Church people don't have to imagine forgiveness. They can hear it from those ordained to pronounce the forgiveness of sins. Sin is not just between an individual and God. It affects the entire community, just as does a baptism, a wedding, or a priest being ordained.

yes, because he IS God

Same goes for the Eastern Orthodox Christian Church also, yeah....take that, Fellow Jesus Freaks....

Yeah, I've been a Catholic for all my life, decades, including a childhood in a Catholic school. I've heard that question asked numerous times, and I never saw a priest stumble over answering. Could it be you imagined you had a "Gotcha" question and then also imagined the "stumbling"?

When Christ was on earth, he was fully man, and as any other man prayed to the Father. You might try picturing a bubble. The air within and without the bubble is the same air. The air within the bubble is bound by smaller parameters. In order for Christ's humanity to be truly human, he would also be bound by human parameters.

No priest would say, "Jesus didn't actually pray, he meditated..." Come on. At least make up a story that approaches the believable.
you poor basterd....they did their job on you....my condolences,my brother went to catholic school .....they did a number on him too....

What is your most memorable Christian experience?

Hmmmm... Most memorable?

In general? Probably the euphoria of prayer and speaking in tongues.

Most memorable single event experience - working with the Billy Graham Crusades.

Ya, I get like that too when I'm drunk. Do you think that god is trying to tell me something?

Step one: Define 'god'. ;)

you poor basterd....they did their job on you....my condolences,my brother went to catholic school .....they did a number on him too....
They get an A+ in brainwashing and manipulation

Forum List

Back