Why Putin invaded Ukraine

Fine. We have it. Just in no hurry to use it.
When did I say we should use military might? Perhaps we should flex it as a deterrent by electing a leadership team with courage and charisma and not Biden/Harris/Pelosi?

When did I say we should use military might? Perhaps we should flex it as a deterrent by electing a leadership team with courage and charisma and not Biden/Harris/Pelosi?

When was the last leadership team with courage and charisma?

At least back to Bill, and I am sure many would argue with that so it might be Ronnie.

It was inevitable that Russia would eventually have to stand their ground against US aggression.
If the world can make it through this war then we could see a period of relative peace, compared to what we've seen since the end of WW2. that brought US aggression in Asia and throughout the ME, and other regions.

Will Russia and/or China pick up the fight for world supremacy? There's hardly any reason to think so, even if they had the power to directly challenge the US.

China and Russia will only have the luxury of some of the world's small countries choosing to align against the US.

The Ukraine could be one of the first contested countries to do that, unless their country is broken up.

Peace is possible now, as it hasn't been for the victims of war, since the end of WW2.

It's worthy of discussion and some consideration. The M.A.D. factor is upsetting the trend history has shown us when the British empire's power ended and America stepped in to take it's place.

On powerful nation asserting it's hegemony ove the planet is no longer possible for the foreseeable future.

The war in Ukraine is not empire building by Russia. It is Russia's attempt to protect it's security against Nato's advance.

Nato/US is not a defender, it's an aggressor with a history to prove it.

When was the last leadership team with courage and charisma?

At least back to Bill, and I am sure many would argue with that so it might be Ronnie.
Putin didn't invade under Trump. No military deaths in Afghanistan for 18 mos. He killed ISIS terrorists. That was the last time in my view.

The war in Ukraine is not empire building by Russia. It is Russia's attempt to protect it's security against Nato's advance.

Nato/US is not a defender, it's an aggressor with a history to prove it.
So you didn't read the link in the OP. If it was worried about NATO it would have been worried about Estonia, which borders Russia and IS part of NATO.

How is NATO an aggressor? LOL

Putin didn't invade under Trump. No military deaths in Afghanistan for 18 mos. He killed ISIS terrorists. That was the last time in my view.

So you found Pence and Paul Ryan to have courage and charisma?

Also, no military deaths in Afghanistan for 18 months because he told the Taliban "if you stop killing our people you can have the country". Hardly what one would call courageous.

If it was worried about NATO it would have been worried about Estonia, which borders Russia and IS part of NATO.

Oh come on now, if you are Russia, which of these two are you worried about being controlled by your enemies....

1646932879005.png

So you found Pence and Paul Ryan to have courage and charisma?

Also, no military deaths in Afghanistan for 18 months because he told the Taliban "if you stop killing our people you can have the country". Hardly what one would call courageous.
Not what he said.

He said if not one American dies, we will exit in a timely fashion and when we do you cannot go in and rape/pillage those who helped us. That was the exact verbiage. And again no deaths for 18 mos.

Yes, under Trump, Putin didn't do anything. Under Obama he took Crimea. Under GW we had 9/11 and Putin attacked Georgia. Under Biden he is attacking Ukraine and the Afghanistan withdrawal was a disaster.

There are facts.

It is spelled out very well here and makes a lot of sense. Putin isn't worried about Ukraine joining NATO and bordering him. Estonia borders Russia and is part of NATO. It is about resources and power. As the West stupidly goes green too quickly, China, Russia and radical Islam are taking advantage via their control of energy, cheap labor and military might. Meanwhile the West seems meek and powerless.

Where is Winston Churchill when you need him?

We in America need to stop election weak politicians like Biden, Harris, Pelosi, the Squad, etc. And start electing those with some combat, business and foreign policy experience. Elections have consequences.
Yeah that’s what we need. Another warmongering drunken imperialist fool like Churchill. Are you nuts? :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :uhh::uhh:

Talk about failing to learn from history.

Originally posted by Azog
You have to circle Estonia AND Latvia as both are part of NATO. Fair? If you include them both it is a sizeable piece of land.

As Golfing Gator said the historical route used by western powers to invade russia has always been through Belarus and Ukraine, not Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania.

But who said Russia didn't get pissed off when the Baltic states joined NATO in 2004 (if my memory serves me well)?

You have an awful lot of posters who didn't even know the West-NATO was expanding towards Russia's borders and now that a war is being waged over it and all over the news they start talking out of their asses.

You have to circle Estonia AND Latvia as both are part of NATO. Fair? If you include them both it is a sizeable piece of land.

Look at the topography of Estonia and Latvia along their shared borders with Russia and compare that to Ukraine and tell us which would be easier to launch an invasion from?

It is spelled out very well here and makes a lot of sense. Putin isn't worried about Ukraine joining NATO and bordering him. Estonia borders Russia and is part of NATO. It is about resources and power. As the West stupidly goes green too quickly, China, Russia and radical Islam are taking advantage via their control of energy, cheap labor and military might. Meanwhile the West seems meek and powerless.

Where is Winston Churchill when you need him?

We in America need to stop election weak politicians like Biden, Harris, Pelosi, the Squad, etc. And start electing those with some combat, business and foreign policy experience. Elections have consequences.
Explains China's massive coal power industry with record breaking construction this year.

Jo

Look at the topography of Estonia and Latvia along their shared borders with Russia and compare that to Ukraine and tell us which would be easier to launch an invasion from?
Well Eastern Ukraine is controlled by the Russians. You're the military expert so you're saying Latvia and Estonia isn't a threat at all?

Well Eastern Ukraine is controlled by the Russians. You're the military expert so you're saying Latvia and Estonia isn't a threat at all?

I am saying that as far as I know, Russia has never been invaded via Latvia and Estonia.

Forum List

Back