Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???

It is up to the worker to discover that about 50 percent of employers are bad news and should be avoided at all costs. DO some research, limit your choices.

What's "funny" about it? Is it beyond your wildest dreams?

Has nothing to do with me. But do the math.

If you are working a typical 40 hour week, you need to be making about 50 bucks an hour. And that ain't happening in a right to work for less state. Aren't you a plumber?

If you are self employed, you might do 100k gross sales. But that ain't the same as nettting 100k.

You are not some wonderfully educated corporate executive. Cause they ain't hanging out on a message board like you do.

Maybe your wife makes good money and combined income is 100k. That I could believe. But you by your self making 100k, I would have to see it to believe it. This is the Internet. You can say anything.

But yea, I'll tell you, I never came close to making 100k by myself. That's the truth. My wife and I both. Yea. We good.

Just how easy is it for someone to simply "walk off the street" and fill your position? How vulnerable and replaceable are you? How much skills and knowledge have you obtained to be able to effectively perform at your job? Are you willing to work late, way past your convenient 8 hour shift, if deadlines and necessity of your job requires it?

These are the questions that need to dictate the potential of how much you earn. Simply demanding a greater salary or paycheck out of "jealousy" over what someone else earns, just shows how much effort and education some people are willing to invest to advance themselves towards a better way of life.

If you are working a typical 40 hour week, you need to be making about 50 bucks an hour. And that ain't happening in a right to work for less state. Aren't you a plumber?

If you are self employed, you might do 100k gross sales. But that ain't the same as nettting 100k.

You are not some wonderfully educated corporate executive. Cause they ain't hanging out on a message board like you do.

Maybe your wife makes good money and combined income is 100k. That I could believe. But you by your self making 100k, I would have to see it to believe it. This is the Internet. You can say anything.

But yea, I'll tell you, I never came close to making 100k by myself. That's the truth. My wife and I both. Yea. We good.

I'm a software consultant with a valuable skill. I make way over 100K because when a company is spending millions of dollars on a data warehouse project, they want it done right. They are willing to pay big bucks for people with the right skills. In fact, last year I made over 260K.

Sucks to be you, doesn't it?

CEO's? They don't do shit, they make millions sitting around all day

They real workers who deserve millions are the dumb fucks that need 4 of them to figure out how to change a light bulb

Based on your reasoning, I don't see why you would even stop at just CEOs. Just look at our current president. Does he not have his own personal jet or helicopter? I mean he enjoys playing golf, he travels, makes speeches, vacations at luxurious locations like Martha's Vineyard, laughs it up in late night television appearances, all on a very comfortable salary. The difference here is that every taxpayer pays for it.

Last edited:
Just how easy is it for someone to simply "walk off the street" and fill your position? How vulnerable and replaceable are you? How much skills and knowledge have you obtained to be able to effectively perform at your job? Are you willing to work late, way past your convenient 8 hour shift, if deadlines and necessity of your job requires it?

These are the questions that need to dictate the potential of how much you earn. Simply demanding a greater salary or paycheck out of "jealousy" over what someone else earns, just shows how much effort and education some people are willing to invest to advance themselves towards a better way of life.

Your pay scale should be relative to the value of the work you do. How much can your employer sell your work for versus the total cost of production, including your labor? If you make hamburgers which sell for an average of $3.00 each, and you can make 100 burgers in an hour, the value of your work is $300.00 per hour. There are other costs associated with the production of the burgers, such as the cost of the ingredients and packaging, lease payments for the buildings, equipment costs, advertising and promotion, etc. If you are paid minimum wage, you are paid 7 cents for each burger you make. If your wages were to increase to $10.00 per hour, you would be receiving 10 cents for each burger you make.

It shouldn't matter how many others people would be willing to do your job for less, or the skill level required to do the work, what should matter is the value of your work. When you produce a product for sale, such as making burgers, it's relatively easy to calculate the value of your work. What we have seen is that while the retail price of the burgers has risen, as have all of the other costs associated with their production and sale have risen, the wages of the people making the burgers has not. Management pay has risen, and executive pay has skyrocketed, although management and executives aren't being more massively more productive than in the past, but the frontline workers who make the products sold, have not. It's not jealousy or envy for workers to ask that their wages go up as well.

Your pay scale should be relative to the value of the work you do. How much can your employer sell your work for versus the total cost of production, including your labor? If you make hamburgers which sell for an average of $3.00 each, and you can make 100 burgers in an hour, the value of your work is $300.00 per hour. There are other costs associated with the production of the burgers, such as the cost of the ingredients and packaging, lease payments for the buildings, equipment costs, advertising and promotion, etc. If you are paid minimum wage, you are paid 7 cents for each burger you make. If your wages were to increase to $10.00 per hour, you would be receiving 10 cents for each burger you make.

It shouldn't matter how many others people would be willing to do your job for less, or the skill level required to do the work, what should matter is the value of your work. When you produce a product for sale, such as making burgers, it's relatively easy to calculate the value of your work. What we have seen is that while the retail price of the burgers has risen, as have all of the other costs associated with their production and sale have risen, the wages of the people making the burgers has not. Management pay has risen, and executive pay has skyrocketed, although management and executives aren't being more massively more productive than in the past, but the frontline workers who make the products sold, have not. It's not jealousy or envy for workers to ask that their wages go up as well.
I love you. It's why I cannot stand capitalism, laborers do not receive what they are worth, but that's another thing entirely.

I'm a software consultant with a valuable skill. I make way over 100K because when a company is spending millions of dollars on a data warehouse project, they want it done right. They are willing to pay big bucks for people with the right skills. In fact, last year I made over 260K.

Sucks to be you, doesn't it?
Youre too stupid to be software consultant.

Last edited:

Thats not a valid argument. I understand what things should be like but thats not how it works. Some people simply are more valuable than others when it comes to producing income and value for their employers. Basically what you are saying is that it should always be perfect weather but thats not how it works out in reality.

I love you. It's why I cannot stand capitalism, laborers do not receive what they are worth, but that's another thing entirely.

Actually, they do receive pretty close to what they are worth. That's why so many people hate capitalism. Their labor simply isn't worth much.

Thats not a valid argument. I understand what things should be like but thats not how it works. Some people simply are more valuable than others when it comes to producing income and value for their employers. Basically what you are saying is that it should always be perfect weather but thats not how it works out in reality.
Under capitalism, the laborer cannot receive what he is worth, and usually way less.

Actually, they do receive pretty close to what they are worth. That's why so many people hate capitalism. Their labor simply isn't worth much.
What they are worth as defined by greedy capitalists.

Under capitalism, the laborer cannot receive what he is worth, and usually way less.
Thats true. The laborer has options like upgrading his/her skills or leaving to find someone that will pay what he/she is worth.

Thats true. The laborer has options like upgrading his/her skills or leaving to find someone that will pay what he/she is worth.
The problem is, the capitalist cannot afford to pay the labor what he is actually worth, ever heard of surplus value? The idea of people just needing to get skilled doesn't really hold for me, people will always have to fill the jobs that require hard labor, fast food jobs, grocery jobs. Society demands that they exist, and people will work them.

Last edited:

The problem is, the capitalist cannot afford to pay the labor what he is actually worth, ever heard of surplus value? The idea of people just needing to get skilled doesn't really hold for me, people will always have to fill the jobs that require hard labor, fast food jobs, grocery jobs. Society demands that they exist, and people will work them.
Yes they can afford to pay but the laborer sets the market. If laborers stopped accepting shit wages capitalists would have no choice but to pay what the labor market demands. They would then pass on the cost to the consumer in order to maintain their profit margin. Until workers and consumers come together they will always make other people wealthy.

Nope. The consumers decide what they are worth. If consumers were willing to pay $100 for a hamburger, then burgerflippers would make $100/hr. Since consumers are only willing to pay $4.00, buger flippers only earn $7.25 hr.

Heart surgeons make $250,000/yr or more because consumers are willing to pay a lot to a person who will keep them alive.

Now it is proven, you are insane.
Troll posting.

Nope. The consumers decide what they are worth. If consumers were willing to pay $100 for a hamburger, then burgerflippers would make $100/hr. Since consumers are only willing to pay $4.00, buger flippers only earn $7.25 hr.

Heart surgeons make $250,000/yr or more because consumers are willing to pay a lot to a person who will keep them alive.

Yes they can afford to pay but the laborer sets the market. If laborers stopped accepting shit wages capitalists would have no choice but to pay what the labor market demands. They would then pass on the cost to the consumer in order to maintain their profit margin. Until workers and consumers come together they will always make other people wealthy.
I agree they need to come together, but they're always demonized and ridicules if they try to.

Forum List

Back