Why should blacks become republicans?

I've posed this question in many ways over time here, and the response I keep getting is "at some point minorities will realize that the GOP is better for them". When I ask what the GOP is going to do in terms of outreach, some attempt at communication, I get nothing. Apparently, an attractive come-hither look is the approach, while the Democrats continue their 24-hour-a-day full-court press.

So I think that's about it.
you'd think, at some point, they would figure out that the people that are 'helping' them are actually the ones wearing the boot that's on their necks
Yes, that's fair. But when you're already sensitive to something that you've been told for generations, and then it plays out right in front of you, the cement hardens, no matter what. What "might" be becomes irrelevant.

That's exactly what has happened over the last two years.
nothing new has happened.

the media used incredibly rare happenings to piss off black people into thinking they are being hunted. Any look at the facts of that would make it clear that it's pure propaganda.

and the focus on the neo-nazis? They aren't doing anything they haven't been doing for decades. Basically nothing. But the media wants to wind up the ignorant, so they give them media time and most people fall for it.

the best thing about propaganda is you only have to avoid using the word propaganda in public.
You're just denying the obvious: Trump pretending he didn't know who David Duke was, his comments after riots, white supremacist/white nationalist groups increasing and supporting him, on and on. Look at what is said RIGHT HERE ON USMB. Do you think this is the only place this shit is said?

You can just pretend all that hasn't happened, or you can say that it's "not enough" (even though that's not for you to determine), and all that does is make it worse.

Do you think a left-winger telling you that something you feel deeply is wrong and irrelevant is going to change your mind? Really?
I just love when people post the 'you forgot' stuff.

the far right has always voted R, so it's nothing new, but you believe, not think, it is.

who give a fuck about david duke?

his comments after the riots, that antifa started, was a call for cooler heads on both sides, but you believe, not think, that that was wrong.

you fell for the propaganda, congrats, you're a sheep

I've posed this question in many ways over time here, and the response I keep getting is "at some point minorities will realize that the GOP is better for them". When I ask what the GOP is going to do in terms of outreach, some attempt at communication, I get nothing. Apparently, an attractive come-hither look is the approach, while the Democrats continue their 24-hour-a-day full-court press.

you'd think, at some point, they would figure out that the people that are 'helping' them are actually the ones wearing the boot that's on their necks
Yes, that's fair. But when you're already sensitive to something that you've been told for generations, and then it plays out right in front of you, the cement hardens, no matter what. What "might" be becomes irrelevant.

the media used incredibly rare happenings to piss off black people into thinking they are being hunted. Any look at the facts of that would make it clear that it's pure propaganda.

and the focus on the neo-nazis? They aren't doing anything they haven't been doing for decades. Basically nothing. But the media wants to wind up the ignorant, so they give them media time and most people fall for it.

the best thing about propaganda is you only have to avoid using the word propaganda in public.
You're just denying the obvious: Trump pretending he didn't know who David Duke was, his comments after riots, white supremacist/white nationalist groups increasing and supporting him, on and on. Look at what is said RIGHT HERE ON USMB. Do you think this is the only place this shit is said?

You can just pretend all that hasn't happened, or you can say that it's "not enough" (even though that's not for you to determine), and all that does is make it worse.

Do you think a left-winger telling you that something you feel deeply is wrong and irrelevant is going to change your mind? Really?

the far right has always voted R, so it's nothing new, but you believe, not think, it is.

his comments after the riots, that antifa started, was a call for cooler heads on both sides, but you believe, not think, that that was wrong.

Who gives a fuck about David Duke?

Black Americans.

The fact that you don't know that illustrates my point beautifully.

Talk radio is not good for you.

I would like a logical explanation from one of you white republicans as to why blacks should join your party. Please do not regurgitate the lame story about the 1860 democratic party. After all, every time we blacks talk about what occurred during that time none of you were there. The history of things were not important to you in this regard, so since you weren't around in 1860 and history is not important you in other situations, it's not important now. So please explain why blacks should join the republican party.
Blacks shouldn't join either party.

They should make it abundantly clear that neither party can take their vote for granted, then the entire nation would known, they control the nation the destiny of the STATE.

If the black communities and black culture wishes to strive for the independence it once had, it needs to get the man out of it's collective house. The man will only keep them down, it is a blood sucking leech that uses them for it's own ends.

At that point, everything would improve for them.

Being a disabled American, and intimately familiar with the social service, I can tell you, all of the social services are designed, in an unintended way, to perpetuate generational poverty. They, like all other victimized classes are being used as tools, political pawns.

The STATE makes sure it is in the best interest of any poor family to NOT STAY married, or to have families that are, broken up and never creating extended loving bonds and social networks, depending on the STATE, and not networked communities. Both parties do this.

On top of that, they discourage savings and capital investment so the poor will depend on and NEED the STATE.

Black Americans.

If black Americans actually cared who was and then wasn't members of the klan....

I get my news from npr

Because Republicans let you think for yourself, they don't try to tell you what to do or think.
So do Democrats.

Ask any prominent black Republican how much democrats let black men think for themselves. Clarence Thomas Congress to mind.
Why do other blacks despise Clarence Thomas?

Thomas is a sellout. He got admitted into Yale because of AA, the very policy he opposes today. Had it not been for AA, he would never have been a scotus justice.

Nothing like using a ladder to reach the top, then kicking it away so others can't do the same.

Black Americans.

If black Americans actually cared who was and then wasn't members of the klan....
They're not going to do what you want them to do. And you're not going to listen to them. So just forget about them and move on.

I'm sure the coming demographic shift won't effect anything.

Because Republicans let you think for yourself, they don't try to tell you what to do or think.
So do Democrats.

Ask any prominent black Republican how much democrats let black men think for themselves. Clarence Thomas Congress to mind.

When Colin Powell decided to think for himself what did republicans do?

We judged him based on his disloyal RINO like actions. As we have with say, John Fricking McCain.

Those who are not, do not need the programs

So the programs are not targeted at black people? Doesn't that kind of destroy your whole paternalistic and contemptuous, "democrats is good for black people cuz dey like poor people programs"?
No it does not
By saying that, you implied that black people are poor.
Did no such thing

What else could it be when you say democrats are doing black Americans favors with anti poverty government programs? Programs which serve more white people, BTW.

If you want to take that approach, you should be arguing that the programs are a political outreach to white people.
Democrats help people who need help......Republicans are indifferent and scapegoat poor people

Minority voters notice

Black Americans.

When David Duke ran for President he got .04% of the popular vote.

He is relevant only as an example of how weak white racism is, and how corrupt the media is, every time they pretend otherwise.

So the programs are not targeted at black people? Doesn't that kind of destroy your whole paternalistic and contemptuous, "democrats is good for black people cuz dey like poor people programs"?
No it does not
Did no such thing

What else could it be when you say democrats are doing black Americans favors with anti poverty government programs? Programs which serve more white people, BTW.

If you want to take that approach, you should be arguing that the programs are a political outreach to white people.
Democrats help people who need help......Republicans are indifferent and scapegoat poor people

Minority voters notice

Republicans are slightly less generous with social programs.

They are not indifferent, nor do they scapegoat poor people.

Stop your lying. You are tearing this nation apart.

Black Americans.

He is relevant only as an example of how weak white racism is, and how corrupt the media is, every time they pretend otherwise.
Not to Black Americans. That's just a fact. What you do with that fact is up to you.

Black Americans.

Not to Black Americans. That's just a fact. What you do with that fact is up to you.

Well, we've utterly disavowed him and worked against him time and time again, both as a party and as individuals from GHWBush to Trump.

Beyond that, I guess we could kill him.

If Trump murdered Duke with his bare hands, would that be enough for blacks, or would we hear that he waited to long to kill him?

The media has nothing to do with this. We read the shit in places like this and we se what republicans think of us.

Black Americans.

Well, we've utterly disavowed him and worked against him time and time again, both as a party and as individuals from GHWBush to Trump.

Beyond that, I guess we could kill him.

If Trump murdered Duke with his bare hands, would that be enough for blacks, or would we hear that he waited to long to kill him?
Trump could have disavowed Duke in front of the entire country and chose to pretend he didn't know Duke existed.

Why did he do that? Because he doesn't want to lose that vote. Whether it's ten votes or a million, he didn't want to lose it.

That's what American Blacks saw. If you don't see it, then just keep doing what you're doing.

No it does not
Did no such thing

Minority voters notice

Republicans are slightly less generous with social programs.

They are not indifferent, nor do they scapegoat poor people.

Stop your lying. You are tearing this nation apart.
Just stop it

Yes, Republicans scapegoat poor people
With working Americans struggling to maintain a standard of living, Republicans point to the poor.......THEY have too much, that is why you have too little

Meanwhile, they give a $1.5 trillion tax cut to the wealthy

The media has nothing to do with this. We read the shit in places like this and we se what republicans think of us.
The opinions you read on this board are the GOP base posting in anonymity

Mac let's get something straight. I've been posting in forums since the mid 1990s. Republicans have been making the same racist comments the entire time. It's not about being sensitive to anything we have been told, its about the reality of what we have actually seen. We know that if there is anyone going to put a boot on our neck, it will be republicans.

The media has nothing to do with this. We read the shit in places like this and we see what republicans think of us.
The opinions you read on this board are the GOP base posting in anonymity

Exactly.

So do Democrats.

When Colin Powell decided to think for himself what did republicans do?

Oh snap, that was brutal.

It's time to shut people up.

Forum List

Back