Why should blacks become republicans?

Yes, that's fair. But when you're already sensitive to something that you've been told for generations, and then it plays out right in front of you, the cement hardens, no matter what. What "might" be becomes irrelevant.

That's exactly what has happened over the last two years.
nothing new has happened.

the media used incredibly rare happenings to piss off black people into thinking they are being hunted. Any look at the facts of that would make it clear that it's pure propaganda.

and the focus on the neo-nazis? They aren't doing anything they haven't been doing for decades. Basically nothing. But the media wants to wind up the ignorant, so they give them media time and most people fall for it.

the best thing about propaganda is you only have to avoid using the word propaganda in public.
You're just denying the obvious: Trump pretending he didn't know who David Duke was, his comments after riots, white supremacist/white nationalist groups increasing and supporting him, on and on. Look at what is said RIGHT HERE ON USMB. Do you think this is the only place this shit is said?

You can just pretend all that hasn't happened, or you can say that it's "not enough" (even though that's not for you to determine), and all that does is make it worse.

Do you think a left-winger telling you that something you feel deeply is wrong and irrelevant is going to change your mind? Really?
I just love when people post the 'you forgot' stuff.

the far right has always voted R, so it's nothing new, but you believe, not think, it is.

who give a fuck about david duke?

his comments after the riots, that antifa started, was a call for cooler heads on both sides, but you believe, not think, that that was wrong.

you fell for the propaganda, congrats, you're a sheep
Who gives a fuck about David Duke?

Black Americans.

The fact that you don't know that illustrates my point beautifully.

Talk radio is not good for you.

When David Duke ran for President he got .04% of the popular vote.

He is relevant only as an example of how weak white racism is, and how corrupt the media is, every time they pretend otherwise.

David Duke only represents the overt white racist. He doesn't represent the silent covert racists that are far more in number in the white community.

I've posed this question in many ways over time here, and the response I keep getting is "at some point minorities will realize that the GOP is better for them". When I ask what the GOP is going to do in terms of outreach, some attempt at communication, I get nothing. Apparently, an attractive come-hither look is the approach, while the Democrats continue their 24-hour-a-day full-court press.

So I think that's about it.
you'd think, at some point, they would figure out that the people that are 'helping' them are actually the ones wearing the boot that's on their necks
Yes, that's fair. But when you're already sensitive to something that you've been told for generations, and then it plays out right in front of you, the cement hardens, no matter what. What "might" be becomes irrelevant.

Mac let's get something straight. I've been posting in forums since the mid 1990s. Republicans have been making the same racist comments the entire time. It's not about being sensitive to anything we have been told, its about the reality of what we have actually seen. We know that if there is anyone going to put a boot on our neck, it will be republicans.
Well, I think it's both. What you're told and what you experience inform and confirm the other. What Republicans have been telling minorities, and what they have been demonstrating to minorities, are in such contrast that what minorities hear from Democrats rings true.

In my own mixed-race family, most don't even want to hear it from Republicans because it doesn't fit with what they experience.

Ultimately, the two work hand in hand.

No it does not
By saying that, you implied that black people are poor.
Did no such thing

What else could it be when you say democrats are doing black Americans favors with anti poverty government programs? Programs which serve more white people, BTW.

If you want to take that approach, you should be arguing that the programs are a political outreach to white people.
Democrats help people who need help......Republicans are indifferent and scapegoat poor people

Minority voters notice

Republicans are slightly less generous with social programs.

They are not indifferent, nor do they scapegoat poor people.

Stop your lying. You are tearing this nation apart.

Republicans are tearing this nation apart. They do everything RW said.

I've posed this question in many ways over time here, and the response I keep getting is "at some point minorities will realize that the GOP is better for them". When I ask what the GOP is going to do in terms of outreach, some attempt at communication, I get nothing. Apparently, an attractive come-hither look is the approach, while the Democrats continue their 24-hour-a-day full-court press.

you'd think, at some point, they would figure out that the people that are 'helping' them are actually the ones wearing the boot that's on their necks

Mac let's get something straight. I've been posting in forums since the mid 1990s. Republicans have been making the same racist comments the entire time. It's not about being sensitive to anything we have been told, its about the reality of what we have actually seen. We know that if there is anyone going to put a boot on our neck, it will be republicans.
Well, I think it's both. What you're told and what you experience inform and confirm the other. What Republicans have been telling minorities, and what they have been demonstrating to minorities, are in such contrast that what minorities hear from Democrats rings true.

In my own mixed-race family, most don't even want to hear it from Republicans because it doesn't fit with what they experience.

That blacks are being told shit is for the birds. We hear what republicans say, see what they propose and see they don't have our best interests in mind. I'm black, I think I can say that without having to debate this with white people.

That blacks are being told shit is for the birds. We hear what republicans say, see what they propose and see they don't have our best interests in mind. I'm black, I think I can say that without having to debate this with white people.
The Republicans tell me over and over that minorities shouldn't feel the way they do.

Okay. That appears to be the extent of their outreach efforts in that direction.

That's up to them.

You're just denying the obvious: Trump pretending he didn't know who David Duke was, his comments after riots, white supremacist/white nationalist groups increasing and supporting him, on and on. Look at what is said RIGHT HERE ON USMB. Do you think this is the only place this shit is said?

You can just pretend all that hasn't happened, or you can say that it's "not enough" (even though that's not for you to determine), and all that does is make it worse.

Do you think a left-winger telling you that something you feel deeply is wrong and irrelevant is going to change your mind? Really?

the far right has always voted R, so it's nothing new, but you believe, not think, it is.

his comments after the riots, that antifa started, was a call for cooler heads on both sides, but you believe, not think, that that was wrong.

Black Americans.

He is relevant only as an example of how weak white racism is, and how corrupt the media is, every time they pretend otherwise.
Not to Black Americans. That's just a fact. What you do with that fact is up to you.

Well, we've utterly disavowed him and worked against him time and time again, both as a party and as individuals from GHWBush to Trump.

Beyond that, I guess we could kill him.

If Trump murdered Duke with his bare hands, would that be enough for blacks, or would we hear that he waited to long to kill him?

You guys have not worked against Duke. Besides we read shit in places like this from racists like you. Duke is not Jeff Session, Steve King, Luis Gohlmert, Steve Scalise or Kris Kobach who are just as racist but can make policy.

The Republicans tell me over and over that minorities shouldn't feel the way they do.

Okay. That appears to be the extent of their outreach efforts in that direction.

That's up to them.

Until they rid themselves of the racists at the grassroots level who they work to develop into candidates and party workers, the party will not make the changes necessary to do honest outreach to minorities.

Black Americans.

Not to Black Americans. That's just a fact. What you do with that fact is up to you.

Well, we've utterly disavowed him and worked against him time and time again, both as a party and as individuals from GHWBush to Trump.

If Trump murdered Duke with his bare hands, would that be enough for blacks, or would we hear that he waited to long to kill him?
Trump could have disavowed Duke in front of the entire country and chose to pretend he didn't know Duke existed.

Why did he do that? Because he doesn't want to lose that vote. Whether it's ten votes or a million, he didn't want to lose it.

That's what American Blacks saw. If you don't see it, then just keep doing what you're doing.

He has disavowed Duke repeatedly. The lefty media focuses on the one time he blew off the question.

EVERYTIME that Trump and Duke is mentioned in the same sentence, it is propaganda that reinforces the idea that there is some connection or similarity.

There is no vote to lose with DUke. When he ran, he got .04% of the national vote.

It is insane that you think that Trump is concerned about some mythical white racist vote.

Black Americans.

Trump could have disavowed Duke in front of the entire country and chose to pretend he didn't know Duke existed.

Why did he do that? Because he doesn't want to lose that vote. Whether it's ten votes or a million, he didn't want to lose it.

That's what American Blacks saw. If you don't see it, then just keep doing what you're doing.

He has disavowed Duke repeatedly. The lefty media focuses on the one time he blew off the question.

EVERYTIME that Trump and Duke is mentioned in the same sentence, it is propaganda that reinforces the idea that there is some connection or similarity.

There is no vote to lose with DUke. When he ran, he got .04% of the national vote.

It is insane that you think that Trump is concerned about some mythical white racist vote.
I'm merely pointing out what minorities are seeing, based on their life experiences, based on what they know.

I'm often told the GOP doesn't have to do anything different. Great. Then this whole issue is moot.

By saying that, you implied that black people are poor.
Did no such thing

What else could it be when you say democrats are doing black Americans favors with anti poverty government programs? Programs which serve more white people, BTW.

If you want to take that approach, you should be arguing that the programs are a political outreach to white people.
Democrats help people who need help......Republicans are indifferent and scapegoat poor people

Minority voters notice

Just stop it

Yes, Republicans scapegoat poor people
With working Americans struggling to maintain a standard of living, Republicans point to the poor.......THEY have too much, that is why you have too little

Meanwhile, they give a $1.5 trillion tax cut to the wealthy

Support your vile lies, or admit that you are a vile liar who is purposefully working to tear this nation apart, for the sole joy of hurting people.

Your lies are setting good people against each other. You should be ashamed.

nothing new has happened.

the media used incredibly rare happenings to piss off black people into thinking they are being hunted. Any look at the facts of that would make it clear that it's pure propaganda.

and the focus on the neo-nazis? They aren't doing anything they haven't been doing for decades. Basically nothing. But the media wants to wind up the ignorant, so they give them media time and most people fall for it.

the best thing about propaganda is you only have to avoid using the word propaganda in public.

Black Americans.

David Duke only represents the overt white racist. He doesn't represent the silent covert racists that are far more in number in the white community.

They are silent, and covert, but you know they are there. Because of your special powers. And the voices in your head, that tell their secrets.

Duke got .04% of the vote. The rest of the voters were happy to vote for candidates that did not support white racism.

I'm merely pointing out what minorities are seeing, based on their life experiences, based on what they know.

I'm often told the GOP doesn't have to do anything different. Great. Then this whole issue is moot.

You said that Trump needed to denounce Duke publicly, "in front of the whole nation".

I pointed out that he has, repeatedly.

You ignored that.

THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO.

I HAVE ASKED YOU REPEATEDLY WHAT YOU THINK WE CAN DO. EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SUGGESTED IS SHIT WE HAVE ALREADY TRIED.

I pointed out that every time hat Trump and Duke is mentioned in the same sentence, it is propaganda that reinforces the idea that there is some connection or similarity.

You said that Trump needed to denounce Duke publicly, "in front of the whole nation".

You ignored that.

I HAVE ASKED YOU REPEATEDLY WHAT YOU THINK WE CAN DO. EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SUGGESTED IS SHIT WE HAVE ALREADY TRIED.

I pointed out that every time hat Trump and Duke is mentioned in the same sentence, it is propaganda that reinforces the idea that there is some connection or similarity.
I've told you repeatedly what it would take, and you don't want to do it.

Again: You have to marginalize the people who are making it easy for minorities to stay right where they are. And that includes the people who refuse to admit that racism still exists, who refuse to go after the nationalists and supremacists, who refuse to admit that the party has made mistakes. But that would include people who are too important to lose. Okay.

Maybe you're right. Maybe you don't need the minority vote. I don't know.

You ignored that.

Again: You have to marginalize the people who are making it easy for minorities to stay right where they are. And that includes the people who refuse to admit that racism still exists, who refuse to go after the nationalists and supremacists, who refuse to admit that the party has made mistakes. But that would include people who are too important to lose. Okay.

Don't put words in my mouth. I've never said we don't need the minority vote.

I've said there is nothing we can do.

What you are pushing, is just continuing, even EXPANDING, the bullshit witch hunt that is causing this.

We've lost good people, already, for NOTHING.

And it got us NOTHING in return.

And you want to dial that up MORE?

Have you ever seen the article that looked at the combined support, based on polls for the hypothetical Powell presidential run and Obama? And what percentage of white americans did not fall into one of those groups.

You ignored that.

What you are pushing, is just continuing, even EXPANDING, the bullshit witch hunt that is causing this.

Have you ever seen the article that looked at the combined support, based on polls for the hypothetical Powell presidential run and Obama? And what percentage of white americans did not fall into one of those groups.
Okay, there's nothing you can do.

But that's based on what you're willing to do, as is anything else.

I would like a logical explanation from one of you white republicans as to why blacks should join your party. Please do not regurgitate the lame story about the 1860 democratic party. After all, every time we blacks talk about what occurred during that time none of you were there. The history of things were not important to you in this regard, so since you weren't around in 1860 and history is not important you in other situations, it's not important now. So please explain why blacks should join the republican party.

How about $$$$

I will never get why liberals vote against their wallets..

From the liberal Chicago Tribune

Illinois exodus: When living here no longer makes financial sense

Editorial Board

If the state of Illinois kept score on millennials it poached from surrounding states, it could have counted Sara Niedzwiecki — temporarily. A Wisconsin native, she moved near Chicago shortly after college, envisioning city life as it’s portrayed in the movies: hip, adventurous, welcoming. Not for her, it turned out.

As part of a series on the accelerating exodus from Illinois, we’re tracking down expatriates (and potential expats) and telling their stories. From millennials to retirees, their narratives follow the same thread: Illinois is losing its promise as a land of opportunity. Government debt and dysfunction contribute to a weak housing market and a stagnant jobs climate. State and local governments face enormous pension and other obligations. Taxes have risen sharply; many Illinois politicians say they must rise more.

I would like a logical explanation from one of you white republicans as to why blacks should join your party. Please do not regurgitate the lame story about the 1860 democratic party. After all, every time we blacks talk about what occurred during that time none of you were there. The history of things were not important to you in this regard, so since you weren't around in 1860 and history is not important you in other situations, it's not important now. So please explain why blacks should join the republican party.

How about $$$$

I will never get why liberals vote against their wallets..

From the liberal Chicago Tribune

Editorial Board

If the state of Illinois kept score on millennials it poached from surrounding states, it could have counted Sara Niedzwiecki — temporarily. A Wisconsin native, she moved near Chicago shortly after college, envisioning city life as it’s portrayed in the movies: hip, adventurous, welcoming. Not for her, it turned out.

As part of a series on the accelerating exodus from Illinois, we’re tracking down expatriates (and potential expats) and telling their stories. From millennials to retirees, their narratives follow the same thread: Illinois is losing its promise as a land of opportunity. Government debt and dysfunction contribute to a weak housing market and a stagnant jobs climate. State and local governments face enormous pension and other obligations. Taxes have risen sharply; many Illinois politicians say they must rise more.

There are other things besides money. However, republicans have not been good for our wallets.

You ignored that.

I'm willing to do anything that will work.

But EVERYTHING you are suggesting will actually make it worse.

You ignored that.

I'm willing to do anything that will work.

But EVERYTHING you are suggesting will actually make it worse.
Okay, there ya go.

We'll see how it works out.

Did no such thing

Minority voters notice

Just stop it

Yes, Republicans scapegoat poor people
With working Americans struggling to maintain a standard of living, Republicans point to the poor.......THEY have too much, that is why you have too little

Meanwhile, they give a $1.5 trillion tax cut to the wealthy

Support your vile lies, or admit that you are a vile liar who is purposefully working to tear this nation apart, for the sole joy of hurting people.

Your lies are setting good people against each other. You should be ashamed.
Republicans have torn the nation apart
They have sold out to the wealthy and passed legislation diminishing worker rights, minimalizing unions, and holding down wages and benefits

Forum List

Back