Why should blacks become republicans?

Trump could have disavowed Duke in front of the entire country and chose to pretend he didn't know Duke existed.

Why did he do that? Because he doesn't want to lose that vote. Whether it's ten votes or a million, he didn't want to lose it.

That's what American Blacks saw. If you don't see it, then just keep doing what you're doing.

He has disavowed Duke repeatedly. The lefty media focuses on the one time he blew off the question.

EVERYTIME that Trump and Duke is mentioned in the same sentence, it is propaganda that reinforces the idea that there is some connection or similarity.

There is no vote to lose with DUke. When he ran, he got .04% of the national vote.

It is insane that you think that Trump is concerned about some mythical white racist vote.

The white racist vote is real. You vote don't ya?

Since that was nothing but an insult, I will respond in kind.

FUck you.

There are many potential answers, but over the course of the campaign two competing theories have emerged. The first holds that Trump’s message appeals to working-class white voters who’ve seen their incomes remain stagnant, manufacturing jobs vanish, and inequality skyrocket in recent decades. The root cause of Trumpism, in this view, is economic insecurity.

That's the one I believe. It certainly tracks with generations of stagnate wages, and effects, since as the recent drop in white life spans.

The American National Election Studies 2016 Pilot Study, a presidential primary extension of a long-running election survey, asked 1,200 eligible voters about the election, and their views on race, from January 22 – 28, 2016. The poll had a number of questions designed to measure racial animus. First, it asked respondents how important their race is to their identity. Second, it asked respondents whether they think the words “lazy” and “violent” describe black people, Muslims and Hispanics, “extremely well,” “very well,” “moderately well,” “slightly well,” and “not well at all.”

There is no point to this portion of the piece. It discusses asking questions, and that's it. No discussion of results or reasonable conclusions.

From Reagan’s talk of “welfare queens” to Rick Santorum saying “I don’t want to make Black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money” many GOP leaders have used racially charged rhetoric to undermine support for the social safety net.

Spin and using that spin to reach unsupported conclusion.

.... A recent New York Times investigation showed that one of the most powerful predictors that a county would vote Trump was share of the citizens living in mobile homes.

Sounds like a manifestation of economic insecurity.

In the New York Times investigation, the strongest predictor of support for Trump was not jobs, but rather the share of population who were non-Hispanic whites without college degrees.

Which makes sense as his policies were based around serving their interests. That is the group that is most harmed by trade deficits and competition with Third world immigration labor.

The GOP certainly has not done itself any favors by pushing for highly unpopular policies that have benefitted their donor class while showing little benefit to the wider population.

The prime issues in the campaign were issues that the GOP and the Dems have both been in agreement on , until the rise of Trump, ie trade and immigration.
While we accept that all of these factors help explain Trump support, we find that racism is the main driver of support for Trump.

Empty assertion.

The model presented here accounts for all of these attitudes and still finds an incredibly strong relationship between racism and support for Trump. The centrality of racism to the Trump phenomenon should not be obscured.

Unsupported assertion.

Well, that was a big heaping pile of nothing burger.

My point stands.

He has disavowed Duke repeatedly. The lefty media focuses on the one time he blew off the question.

EVERYTIME that Trump and Duke is mentioned in the same sentence, it is propaganda that reinforces the idea that there is some connection or similarity.

There is no vote to lose with DUke. When he ran, he got .04% of the national vote.

It is insane that you think that Trump is concerned about some mythical white racist vote.[/QUOTE]

What's insane is you trying to lie about it. You make no point.
...l.[/QUOTE]

I went though your post, planning to address each point individually.

I found, to my surprise, that there was almost nothing in there that was not unsupported assertion and/or opinion.

YOU MADE NO POINT.

My point stands, unaddressed, let alone challenge.

It is insane that you think that Trump is concerned about some mythical white racist vote.[/QUOTE]

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after you’ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism you’ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.

I would like a logical explanation from one of you white republicans as to why blacks should join your party. Please do not regurgitate the lame story about the 1860 democratic party. After all, every time we blacks talk about what occurred during that time none of you were there. The history of things were not important to you in this regard, so since you weren't around in 1860 and history is not important you in other situations, it's not important now. So please explain why blacks should join the republican party.

How about $$$$

I will never get why liberals vote against their wallets..

From the liberal Chicago Tribune

Illinois exodus: When living here no longer makes financial sense

Illinois exodus: When living here no longer makes financial sense
Editorial Board

If the state of Illinois kept score on millennials it poached from surrounding states, it could have counted Sara Niedzwiecki — temporarily. A Wisconsin native, she moved near Chicago shortly after college, envisioning city life as it’s portrayed in the movies: hip, adventurous, welcoming. Not for her, it turned out.

As part of a series on the accelerating exodus from Illinois, we’re tracking down expatriates (and potential expats) and telling their stories. From millennials to retirees, their narratives follow the same thread: Illinois is losing its promise as a land of opportunity. Government debt and dysfunction contribute to a weak housing market and a stagnant jobs climate. State and local governments face enormous pension and other obligations. Taxes have risen sharply; many Illinois politicians say they must rise more.

There are other things besides money. However, republicans have not been good for our wallets.

Examples please?

I am sure black smokers don't appreciate cigarettes at $10 bucks plus a pack for example in Chicago

The great recession.

Republicans are slightly less generous with social programs.

They are not indifferent, nor do they scapegoat poor people.

Stop your lying. You are tearing this nation apart.
Just stop it

Yes, Republicans scapegoat poor people
With working Americans struggling to maintain a standard of living, Republicans point to the poor.......THEY have too much, that is why you have too little

Meanwhile, they give a $1.5 trillion tax cut to the wealthy

Support your vile lies, or admit that you are a vile liar who is purposefully working to tear this nation apart, for the sole joy of hurting people.

Your lies are setting good people against each other. You should be ashamed.

He is supporting them. You can't tear something apart that's never been together.

He did respond with answers and I addressed them seriously and honestly.

This nation was more united in the past. LIberals like you and RW have torn it apart and are constantly working to tear it about even further.

We used to be more united

There was a time when you had liberal republicans and conservative democrats
There was a time when legislation passed from the middle
There was a time when Washington lived on compromise

Those days are gone. A win/win solution is rejected because it lets the other guy win too. Anyone found working across the aisle viciously attacked by the right or left media

We were never united.

Just stop it

With working Americans struggling to maintain a standard of living, Republicans point to the poor.......THEY have too much, that is why you have too little

Support your vile lies, or admit that you are a vile liar who is purposefully working to tear this nation apart, for the sole joy of hurting people.

He is supporting them. You can't tear something apart that's never been together.

This nation was more united in the past. LIberals like you and RW have torn it apart and are constantly working to tear it about even further.

Those days are gone. A win/win solution is rejected because it lets the other guy win too. Anyone found working across the aisle viciously attacked by the right or left media

The liberal republicans kept trying to compromise with dems, and ended up doing nothing but spiking chances to move the republicans agenda forward.

Yet when McCain ran for the Presidency, he won the republican nomination.

And the liberal media turned on him like a pack of wild dogs.

Republicans have given up the black vote forever

They have also given up the Hispanic vote, gay vote, immigrant vote, non-Christian vote

They are also giving up ground on the women’s vote, educated people and young people

Just stop it

The liberal republicans kept trying to compromise with dems, and ended up doing nothing but spiking chances to move the republicans agenda forward.

It was Republicans who turned on one of their most prominent representatives. But they prefer those who were not captured

Who gives a fuck about David Duke?

Black Americans.

The fact that you don't know that illustrates my point beautifully.

Talk radio is not good for you.

When David Duke ran for President he got .04% of the popular vote.

He is relevant only as an example of how weak white racism is, and how corrupt the media is, every time they pretend otherwise.

David Duke only represents the overt white racist. He doesn't represent the silent covert racists that are far more in number in the white community.

If they're silent, how do you know they are?

That's easy, note the ones that are silent when someone here posts something racist towards blacks, be it they are referred to as "turd colored" or "needing bananas", then note the same ones that are outspoken when someone like IM2 speaks about racism. The excuse "I didn't see it, or read it" is a tired/worn out bullshit excuse. Like here....

A Jungle Bunny Is Not the Easter Bunny

By "racism," you mean Realism or Adultism, as opposed to your warm and fuzzy Kumbaya cartoon fantasies. By using vulgar terms, we get even for your insulting pejorative use of "racism."

How many here responded that jungle bunny is a racist term? Now imagine the pages of responses had someone used a derogatory term towards whites.

qui tacet consentire videtur

It goes both ways. I've never seen any blacks speak up when a black person here posts something blatantly racist. And I've seen a lot. One poster in particular comes to mind but I won't name this person.

Anyway, I've seen a lot of the white racist insults and rhetoric here but I don't bother to address that because one who is so openly and unabashedly racist will not be swayed by anything I have to say. For the most part I don't engage with the openly black racists for the same reason.

Having said that, most of the people I know are conservatives and Republicans and are nothing like this. And the reason a lot of conservatives are silent most of the time is because they are simply not vocal by nature and for them, race is not an issue. By that I don't mean that they don't recognize that there is a racial divide in this country, they do. They just feel that addressing, say, inner city poverty and crime, will be better vanquished with long term economic solutions as opposed to more social initiatives and programs.

What you say, and what is shown on forums like these are not even close to reality. Conservatives are most certainly outspoken, especially when it comes to defending the notion that Santa Claus or Jesus is white, or caring about the plight of white South Africans, but not giving a fuck when apartheid was the law of the land for generations. Empty words are just that, empty.

Just stop it

It is the conservative media that turned on him

We still consider him to be an American hero

He is relevant only as an example of how weak white racism is, and how corrupt the media is, every time they pretend otherwise.

David Duke only represents the overt white racist. He doesn't represent the silent covert racists that are far more in number in the white community.

That's easy, note the ones that are silent when someone here posts something racist towards blacks, be it they are referred to as "turd colored" or "needing bananas", then note the same ones that are outspoken when someone like IM2 speaks about racism. The excuse "I didn't see it, or read it" is a tired/worn out bullshit excuse. Like here....

By "racism," you mean Realism or Adultism, as opposed to your warm and fuzzy Kumbaya cartoon fantasies. By using vulgar terms, we get even for your insulting pejorative use of "racism."

How many here responded that jungle bunny is a racist term? Now imagine the pages of responses had someone used a derogatory term towards whites.

It goes both ways. I've never seen any blacks speak up when a black person here posts something blatantly racist. And I've seen a lot. One poster in particular comes to mind but I won't name this person.

Anyway, I've seen a lot of the white racist insults and rhetoric here but I don't bother to address that because one who is so openly and unabashedly racist will not be swayed by anything I have to say. For the most part I don't engage with the openly black racists for the same reason.

Having said that, most of the people I know are conservatives and Republicans and are nothing like this. And the reason a lot of conservatives are silent most of the time is because they are simply not vocal by nature and for them, race is not an issue. By that I don't mean that they don't recognize that there is a racial divide in this country, they do. They just feel that addressing, say, inner city poverty and crime, will be better vanquished with long term economic solutions as opposed to more social initiatives and programs.

It does not go both ways. You've see nothing blatantly racist from backs here.[/QUOTE}

Oh yes I have. I've seen the words "whitey", "white boy", "cracker" and other derogatory terms here more times than I can count.

Talking about how whites are still racist is not blatant racism.

I never suggested otherwise.

Actually inner city poverty and crime must be addressed by both economic solutions and long term economic development. But the problem with white conservatives is they, like you, talk only about "inner city" problems, when whites have greater crime, and entire counties in poverty.

Take it easy there Lumpy, this is not a contest to see who has more crime. I merely brought up inner city problems as an example. Also, you don't know me well enough to say that I only talk about inner city problems.

What you say, and what is shown on forums like these are not even close to reality.

I never suggested how prevalent blatant black racism is here or anywhere. All I said was that I've seen it here.

Conservatives are most certainly outspoken, especially when it comes to defending the notion that Santa Claus or Jesus is white, or caring about the plight of white South Africans, but not giving a fuck when apartheid was the law of the land for generations. Empty words are just that, empty.

How many liberals declared "I'm a liberal and I'm against apartheid!"? There were a lot of folks against apartheid but I don't remember any of these people saying what political party they were with.

I would like a logical explanation from one of you white republicans as to why blacks should join your party. Please do not regurgitate the lame story about the 1860 democratic party. After all, every time we blacks talk about what occurred during that time none of you were there. The history of things were not important to you in this regard, so since you weren't around in 1860 and history is not important you in other situations, it's not important now. So please explain why blacks should join the republican party.
The real fact is we don't tell anyone but most Blacks are smart and vote Independently for the person, or if we have met the person and check him out as OK. Most of us are not card carrying Democrats.

The real fact is we don't tell anyone but most Blacks are smart and vote Independently for the person, or if we have met the person and check him out as OK. Most of us are not card carrying Democrats.

That is true at the local and state level in particular.

Just stop it

We had laws that created Aparthied. We were not more united. .

Even so, more united than today.

It is insane that you think that Trump is concerned about some mythical white racist vote.

The white racist vote is real. You vote don't ya?

Since that was nothing but an insult, I will respond in kind.

FUck you.

There are many potential answers, but over the course of the campaign two competing theories have emerged. The first holds that Trump’s message appeals to working-class white voters who’ve seen their incomes remain stagnant, manufacturing jobs vanish, and inequality skyrocket in recent decades. The root cause of Trumpism, in this view, is economic insecurity.

That's the one I believe. It certainly tracks with generations of stagnate wages, and effects, since as the recent drop in white life spans.

The American National Election Studies 2016 Pilot Study, a presidential primary extension of a long-running election survey, asked 1,200 eligible voters about the election, and their views on race, from January 22 – 28, 2016. The poll had a number of questions designed to measure racial animus. First, it asked respondents how important their race is to their identity. Second, it asked respondents whether they think the words “lazy” and “violent” describe black people, Muslims and Hispanics, “extremely well,” “very well,” “moderately well,” “slightly well,” and “not well at all.”

There is no point to this portion of the piece. It discusses asking questions, and that's it. No discussion of results or reasonable conclusions.

From Reagan’s talk of “welfare queens” to Rick Santorum saying “I don’t want to make Black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money” many GOP leaders have used racially charged rhetoric to undermine support for the social safety net.

Spin and using that spin to reach unsupported conclusion.

.... A recent New York Times investigation showed that one of the most powerful predictors that a county would vote Trump was share of the citizens living in mobile homes.

Sounds like a manifestation of economic insecurity.

In the New York Times investigation, the strongest predictor of support for Trump was not jobs, but rather the share of population who were non-Hispanic whites without college degrees.

Which makes sense as his policies were based around serving their interests. That is the group that is most harmed by trade deficits and competition with Third world immigration labor.

The GOP certainly has not done itself any favors by pushing for highly unpopular policies that have benefitted their donor class while showing little benefit to the wider population.

The prime issues in the campaign were issues that the GOP and the Dems have both been in agreement on , until the rise of Trump, ie trade and immigration.
While we accept that all of these factors help explain Trump support, we find that racism is the main driver of support for Trump.

Empty assertion.

The model presented here accounts for all of these attitudes and still finds an incredibly strong relationship between racism and support for Trump. The centrality of racism to the Trump phenomenon should not be obscured.

Unsupported assertion.

Well, that was a big heaping pile of nothing burger.

My point stands.

What's insane is you trying to lie about it. You make no point.
...l.[/QUOTE]

I went though your post, planning to address each point individually.

I found, to my surprise, that there was almost nothing in there that was not unsupported assertion and/or opinion.

YOU MADE NO POINT.

My point stands, unaddressed, let alone challenge.

Prove when racism ended ....[/QUOTE]

I've proved that institutional racism today, backed by the power of law, is pro-black and anti-white.

Your denials of the hard evidence I presented, is just you being a dishonest lib.

But I repeat myself.

Republicans have given up the black vote forever

They have also given up the Hispanic vote, gay vote, immigrant vote, non-Christian vote

They are also giving up ground on the women’s vote, educated people and young people

Why do you say stuff that you know is a lie?

Not during his presidential campaign. For that period of time, McCain, who you just called an American hero, was attacked as strongly as any republican, before him.

They gave him good press when he was an asset to the liberal agenda, because he would help sabotage conservatives, when we have control.

But when he became a threat himself, then turned on him in a heartbeat.

That is why we cannot have any unity. Because the Left is fighting without any honor, or respect for anything at all.

When you define anyone who does not agree with you as evil, as you libs are always doing now, you remove the chance for moderation or compromise.

You know, McCain is a great example for this discussion.

It was Republicans who turned on one of their most prominent representatives. But they prefer those who were not captured

I've never denied the split in the GOP between conservatives and the moderates.

But my point about the behavior of the media during McCain's presidential campaign is also true.

And reveals how partisan and bitter the liberal media is.

McCain is what you claim to want from Republicans. He is always willing to compromise. Hell, I bet he voted for HIllary.

Yet, when he became a threat, the liberal media turned on him like a pack of wild dogs.

Behavior like that is why we are so divided.

It does not go both ways. You've see nothing blatantly racist from backs here.[/QUOTE}

Oh yes I have. I've seen the words "whitey", "white boy", "cracker" and other derogatory terms here more times than I can count.

Talking about how whites are still racist is not blatant racism.

I never suggested otherwise.

Actually inner city poverty and crime must be addressed by both economic solutions and long term economic development. But the problem with white conservatives is they, like you, talk only about "inner city" problems, when whites have greater crime, and entire counties in poverty.

Take it easy there Lumpy, this is not a contest to see who has more crime. I merely brought up inner city problems as an example. Also, you don't know me well enough to say that I only talk about inner city problems.

You've seen nothing blatantly racist from blacks. What you saw was responses to being called monkeys, chimps, apes, niggas, coons, how all blacks are dumb, how we are violent and almost every other racist comment that can be made. Just the other day I was told to eat a banana, that is not the first time that person made such a comment. You mentioned inner city problems without mentioning rural and suburban problems. You could have used them as examples just as much. You are trying to compare whitey with coon or nigga?

Hey, RW, you seeing this over in the other thread?

IM2, is claiming that the liberal whites of fucking HOLLYWOOD, have the same views as the whites of 1818.

Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites? Most Americans Say Yes

This is the future you want, RW.

You lib whites will be the best little libs you can be, and you will be judged by the minority majority based not on your good lib beliefs or actions, but on the color of your skin.

Forum List

Back