Why the fuck aren't we stopping all passengers from IBOLA infected regions?

Once a disease spreads from continent to continent, it is considered a pandemic. I don't know why people are insisting upon minimizing it. It is a serious disease that kills 60% to 70% of the people who contract it.

And yet, on a list of killer diseases in Africa, Ebola comes in dead last.

Yes, last but this is the largest outbreak ever and we were lucky before. Perhaps some of the other areas werre more isolated. think we are in uncharted territory right now with this disease. Lets just hope it stays last

I don't disagree. I just think it needs to be kept in perspective wrt the real killers in Africa, like HIV, malaria, and diarrhea.

Which would you rather have, Ebola or diarrhea?

It doesn't matter. Both are deadly, but the latter has killed far more people.

So? Does that mean we want to introduce a deadly disease into the US? If we can prevent more people from getting sick here in the US, why wouldn't we take the appropriate precautions?

Why are people fighting against perhaps restricting travel from certain Ebola hot spots around the world? What exactly is the issue with that? If it would prevent even 1 United States citizen from dying from Ebola, it would be worth the effort, no?

I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

So many pathetic excuses for lack of containment by this administration.
You can shove thermometers up their ass till the cows come home,but it only takes ONE PERSON who doesn't yet have a fever but is a host to start something out of control.

You libs are just plain stupid.

Hmmm ... we are stupid because we understand that the sky is not falling?

You can shove thermometers up their ass till the cows come home,but it only takes ONE PERSON who doesn't yet have a fever but is a host to start something out of control.

Nobody said the sky was falling. What people want is for appropriate precautionary measures to be taken so that infected people do not come here and spread Ebola. That is just plain common sense. Duh.

Now, what makes you think the United States is immune to this disease?

Also, several other countries have put restrictions on incoming/outgoing flights to and from hot spots.

Because we don't make policy decisions based on the irrational and uninformed panic of people who don't actually know what they're talking about.

No, we make policy decisions based on the egos and partisanship of those in power. Them we marginalize and ridicule those who actually know what they are talking about when they object.

The first rule of controlling any epidemic (used to be) containment. It should still be. Any time you hear someone say that banning commercial flights from the affected countries would make the disease worse, know that you are listening to an idiot.

It is unlikely that anyone from those countries who is infected will make it here since Duncan, but it is impossible that trying will put us at higher risk. There is no reason not to do it.

Yes, last but this is the largest outbreak ever and we were lucky before. Perhaps some of the other areas werre more isolated. think we are in uncharted territory right now with this disease. Lets just hope it stays last

I don't disagree. I just think it needs to be kept in perspective wrt the real killers in Africa, like HIV, malaria, and diarrhea.

So? Does that mean we want to introduce a deadly disease into the US? If we can prevent more people from getting sick here in the US, why wouldn't we take the appropriate precautions?

Why are people fighting against perhaps restricting travel from certain Ebola hot spots around the world? What exactly is the issue with that? If it would prevent even 1 United States citizen from dying from Ebola, it would be worth the effort, no?

If you want to prevent deadly diseases from arriving here, there is only one solution: Stop it at the source. This minor issue here has taken attention from the real issue - fighting the disease where it can actually do good, in Africa.

Once a disease spreads from continent to continent, it is considered a pandemic. I don't know why people are insisting upon minimizing it. It is a serious disease that kills 60% to 70% of the people who contract it.

I'll take that to mean you would prefer to have diarrhea than Ebola, but you are too craven to admit it. Equating Ebola with diarrhea is like equating a firecracker with a cluster bomb.

Because we don't make policy decisions based on the irrational and uninformed panic of people who don't actually know what they're talking about.

No, we make policy decisions based on the egos and partisanship of those in power. Them we marginalize and ridicule those who actually know what they are talking about when they object.

Correct, although not quite the way you imagine....

If you want to prevent deadly diseases from arriving here, there is only one solution: Stop it at the source. This minor issue here has taken attention from the real issue - fighting the disease where it can actually do good, in Africa.

Wrong. That isn't the only solution. Preventing them from coming here is a much easier, sure-fire solution. The idea that you don't increase the odds of the epidemic spreading by allowing carriers to travel here is so stupid that only pathetically partisan Obama drones would dare to utter it.

Wake up Einstein.
All any airline has to do is look where the passenger about to board a flight to the US has been according to their passport.
Nigeria is claiming it stopped the virus b/c THEY CLOSED THEIR BORDERS!
The ONLY reason why BOBO hasn't stopped anyone coming to the US who has been in W. Africa is b/c he is pandering to his Negro and LIB. White soccer mom base. And dopehead White college kids who walk around stinking of BO and wearing 'dreads'. I forgot the 'pyjama-boys'.
Everyone knows it.
Wake up Einstein. We're not Nigeria. Take your meds.

Ebola doesn't care what country it's being carried to.

And why the hell are we flying the infected all around the country?

Isolate this shit before it gets out of control.

Too many US companies with *#$%*&^ business interests. Tell Firsestone they have to abandon their plantation in Liberia.

US companies aren't the ones insisting we can't stop people with Passports from the Ebola infected countries from coming here. Obama and his minions are the ones doing that.

You are stupid because you believe that the way to stop Ebola from coming here is to allow it to come here.

Correct, although not quite the way you imagine....

My partisan hack response to a partisan hack post.

I'll take that to mean you would prefer to have diarrhea than Ebola, but you are too craven to admit it. Equating Ebola with diarrhea is like equating a firecracker with a cluster bomb.

The point is that Ebola is a drop in a bucket wrt contagious disease impacts. As deadly as it is, there are far more devastating diseases than Ebola. HIV is killing more people than Ebola ever will.

Wrong. That isn't the only solution. Preventing them from coming here is a much easier, sure-fire solution. The idea that you don't increase the odds of the epidemic spreading by allowing carriers to travel here is so stupid that only pathetically partisan Obama drones would dare to utter it.

Unless the disease is stopped at the source, there will always be a risk of it getting here. Why? Because the U.S. is not the only destination. Unless you stop all movement from country to country, you will never stop it from getting here. You have to get rid of it at the point of origin. It is the only way to be sure.

The point is that Ebola is a drop in a bucket wrt contagious disease impacts. As deadly as it is, there are far more devastating diseases than Ebola. HIV is killing more people than Ebola ever will.

It must be a little more serious than that, if our administration is sending 3,000 plus service members over there. They must know something you dont. BTW I have a good friend from Kenya who has family both in Western Kenya and Eastern Uganda where they have been hit by Ebola before. Though she has no real understanding of viruses or microbes, she does have very close hand knowledge of families wiped out completely in Uganda and thinks Obama and out governments are idiots for allowing the virus into this country and sending our troops over there, They call Ebola the Devil over there for a reason. Its just one persons opinion but I would trust her instincts over many peoples here. Kenya has no problem shutting that border down completely during those times. Would you tell them dont worry about it, you have a better chance of dying from malaria or diarrhea? they would just laugh at that.

Unless the disease is stopped at the source, there will always be a risk of it getting here. Why? Because the U.S. is not the only destination. Unless you stop all movement from country to country, you will never stop it from getting here. You have to get rid of it at the point of origin. It is the only way to be sure.
Everyone seems to have missed the point that Ebola is already here. We do need to limit further incursion, though. That would indicate isolating the source and limiting any further infective vectors reaching our country.

You are stupid because you believe that the way to stop Ebola from coming here is to allow it to come here.

Thanks Doctor. Good thing you're on the job.

Forum List

Back