Zone1 Why the rosary is a most important prayer/meditation all Christians should say daily

I was thinking more of demonic ideations/indoctrination. After all, it isn't protestants who wail and moan with every Hail Mary.

Well, some do, but not as if they were being physically beaten on.

I don't know... couldve fooled me! I mean, they do act like the demons when Hail Marys are said! They act like

OMG Stop it!

It's what I read in the Bible. You, OTOH, have been taught a bunch of stuff not in the Bible. As you say, "Maybe someday you can think for yourself".
ha ha... you don't have the FIRST clue what I know.

I've tried to explain and share what I know here at the forum and I know of ONE person who gets what I'm saying, and of course that is someone who investigatd Ctholicism and found it to be... logical or whatever. Everyone else is too lazy or whatever to investigate but that doesn't stop them from commenting ad nauseum

on STRAW MEN.

:rolleyes:

Catholics, along with some others, seem to believe that works actually contribute to salvation, that they are necessary to "add to" Jesus' sacrifice.
Romans 2:6
"God will repay each person according to his deeds"

Deeds = works. You have to do your part to reach Heaven.

This is simple and logical. I have never understood Protestants' problem understanding this

ha ha... you don't have the FIRST clue what I know.

I've tried to explain and share what I know here at the forum and I know of ONE person who gets what I'm saying, and of course that is someone who investigatd Ctholicism and found it to be... logical or whatever. Everyone else is too lazy or whatever to investigate but that doesn't stop them from commenting ad nauseum

on STRAW MEN.

:rolleyes:
Catholicism prides itself on authorities outside of Scripture, in fact you mock those who rely solely on Scripture to guide them.

Romans 2:6
"God will repay each person according to his deeds"

Deeds = works. You have to do your part to reach Heaven.

This is simple and logical. I have never understood Protestants' problem understanding this
They only accept the words in the Bible that comport with their preconceived theology, which involves a lot of heresy but they don't care...

cult like

I do agree w/ Mary

hard not to... She knows and loves Jesus more than anyone.

Yes, she is trustworthy... So are children.

But again, I feel I am talking to a wall so... C ya
Like the children that accused people in Salem of being witches?
Do I believe a couple of kids over Christ? No. Neither should you...

Here's a little tip for you to take with you:
James 1: 3 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

When you pray, are you just mindlessly repeating phrases you've heard that no longer have much real meaning for you? If so, you SHOULD stop your ritual and start really praying, acknowledging God's presence in your heart from the very beginning. Commune with Him, not with a string of beads.
You don't get it. God's presence is in one's heart from the beginning. And, do you actually think you need rosary beads to pray the rosary!?! What is wrong with you people? The rosary tells the story, not just of Christ's life but of God's life with his people from the beginning. You "commune" with God. Very good. The Rosary is about listening to God and to His story, His communing with us.

It truly is beyond me how some work to find ways to complain about the rosary! Stay away from it! It's none of your business--at least not the way you think of it.

I would suggest praying more, not less...
So, can you accomplish the same thing without a Rosary, that you do with the rosary?
What am I accomplishing with the Rosary?
If the rosary is an integral part of salvation, as misery believes, what about all those poor people that had no rosary prior to the 13th century? Are they sol?
What about them?

As for works, Did Christ complete His goal of removing your sin or do you need to help Him in your quest for salvation? What portion of your sin did Christ overlook?
Christ redeemed the world and opened the way of salvation. Hopefully, those who love God are walking in the ways of salvation.

The rosary is NOT about asking God for ANYTHING at all.

It is about focusing on Jesus Christ, HIS life, His Passion and Resurrection.

Some protestants claim to be into Jesus...

You don't get it. God's presence is in one's heart from the beginning. And, do you actually think you need rosary beads to pray the rosary!?! What is wrong with you people? The rosary tells the story, not just of Christ's life but of God's life with his people from the beginning. You "commune" with God. Very good. The Rosary is about listening to God and to His story, His communing with us.

It truly is beyond me how some work to find ways to complain about the rosary! Stay away from it! It's none of your business--at least not the way you think of it.

I do my best to pray my rosary while I'm driving to town -- kind of a hazardous thing to do with a long string of beads in one's hands. So, granted, I might not always get the number of Hail Mary's right, but then neither do the leaders of each decade when we pray it in church, and they all have the beads right there in their hands.

I might not meditate as deeply when I'm driving. Not sure it matters. It's the best way I know of to fill the empty time.

The rosary is scripture in your hand.

I have no problem focusing on the Mysteries while I also focus on whatever particular other intention I choose for each decade. I do generally focus on a particular intention -- someone in need, who needs prayer. Father frequently asks us to focus on a particular intention, such as that of an infant from our community who died. I always pray at least a decade for the pope and another for our bishop.

But, yeah, this has nothing to do with asking God for anything.

I have no problem focusing on the Mysteries while I also focus on whatever particular other intention I choose for each decade. I do generally focus on a particular intention -- someone in need, who needs prayer. Father frequently asks us to focus on a particular intention, such as that of an infant from our community who died. I always pray at least a decade for the pope and another for our bishop.

But, yeah, this has nothing to do with asking God for anything.

well, I thought about this after writing what I did and yes, I have said the rosary with various intentions. But the thing is.. I usually, these days, just pray the rosary so I can get into a meditative mind set, then the intentions just present themselves galore... meaning while I am focused on Christ's life, thoughts of people and issues just pop up... But I do not pray the rosary in order to GET something-- big bucks, for example... LOL

It truly is beyond me how some work to find ways to complain about the rosary! Stay away from it! It's none of your business--at least not the way you think of it
Your perception of the rosary isn't the same as misery's. I don't think you believe that saying the rosary is necessary for salvation. Other's here do believe that, and that is false doctrine. Should we let that stand? Others here believe that Christ is Catholic, that Christ is no longer a Jewish Rabbi because the Jews let Him down. The truth is not in them.

Romans 10:17 “Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” As you hear, memorize, and meditate on God's Word, If you have a Bible to read, and meditate on, then rote prayer may not be the best avenue to be still and hear what God is saying to you.

well, I thought about this after writing what I did and yes, I have said the rosary with various intentions. But the thing is.. I usually, these days, just pray the rosary so I can get into a meditative mind set, then the intentions just present themselves galore... meaning while I am focused on Christ's life, thoughts of people and issues just pop up... But I do not pray the rosary in order to GET something-- big bucks, for example... LOL

That sounds like an amazing process!

Right. I'm of the opinion that nobody has EVER prayed the rosary to secure any physical benefit. Anyone who believes otherwise is lame or stupid or evil.

What am I accomplishing with the Rosary?

What about them?

Christ redeemed the world and opened the way of salvation. Hopefully, those who love God are walking in the ways of salvation.
What are the ways of salvation? Jesus didn't open the way, He IS the way...

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life.
He's not one of the ways. He is the only way. singular.

Last edited:

Some Catholics believe Jesus is bound for Rome!

The rosary is repetitious prayer, and something Jesus warned against.
I can say, "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my souls to keep" a million times and it means nothing. It comes from someone else's heart.
Want to focus on Christ? Put your rosary down and open your Bible. Something misery needs to do more often, then she would know that HER SAVIOR IS JEWISH AND WILL BE RETURNING TO ISRAEL, not the Vatican.

Last edited:

That sounds like an amazing process!

Right. I'm of the opinion that nobody has EVER prayed the rosary to secure any physical benefit. Anyone who believes otherwise is lame or stupid or evil.

well, it is not wrong to ask God for physical things. It is just wrong when you don't want to take No for an answer or whatever.

No, it is not. It pays homage to Mary. The scriptures pay homage to Christ.

It is widely believed that in 1214 St. Dominic had a vision of Mary. She is said to have presented him with the rosary, both the beads and the prayers to be prayed. Dominic had a tremendous devotion to Mary and the rosary, which he promoted wherever he traveled to preach.

well, I thought about this after writing what I did and yes, I have said the rosary with various intentions
And there is what the danger is with the rosary. God answers prayer. Not Mary.
And the whole "used for meditation" just showed up when Meriweather said that is what he/she uses it for. Originally, this person said it was necessary to get into Heaven. That story has also changed.
Now for the truth:
Hebrews 13: 8 8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Trust in the Lord, and you won't be mislead. He is all you need.

Forum List

Back