Zone1 Why the rosary is a most important prayer/meditation all Christians should say daily

They likely go to this extent to try to convince themselves, more than others?
We go to this extent to keep others from falling for false doctrine. And to use scripture to verify what is and isn't the truth.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Ding-ding-ding!!!!!!!!

No more calls, folks! We have a winner!

You wonder what knowledge these people really have RE the rosary, like you know... who in their family prays it, who doesn't and why and etc..

Somehow, we never hear those stories. Some are turned off of Catholicism by a bad Catholic in their family or whatever. Yes, some do use doctrine and related issues but

I've said this so many times here at the forum: WHY don't they study Catholicism before instructing Catholics on what it is and what it isn't??

There's a good question 4 ya

I saw a book the other day in the store, a secular store

Catholicism for Dummies

I didn't have time to check it out for heresy and give it my nihil obstat LOL but I recognized the names of the priests who allegedly had a hand in writing it...

We go to this extent to keep others from falling for false doctrine. And to use scripture to verify what is and isn't the truth.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
The Bible was not compiled, much less mass produced until

Compiled in the 4th century

Mass produced 1500 years AFTER Christ ascended.

-

You wonder what knowledge these people really have RE the rosary, like you know... who in their family prays it, who doesn't and why and etc..

Somehow, we never hear those stories. Some are turned off of Catholicism by a bad Catholic in their family or whatever. Yes, some do use doctrine and related issues but

I've said this so many times here at the forum: WHY don't they study Catholicism before instructing Catholics on what it is and what it isn't??

There's a good question 4 ya

I saw a book the other day in the store, a secular store

Catholicism for Dummies

I didn't have time to check it out for heresy and give it my nihil obstat LOL but I recognized the names of the priests who allegedly had a hand in writing it...

I will check out the book.

Why on earth would we? We have the Word of God and you'll find him in the Bible, not in Catechism. Considering how many convoluted ideas you have due to Catholicism, I would suggest you read the Bible...

It was in a magazine rack, maybe accidentally?

it was there alongside stories of Angie and Brad and Taylor Swift...

boring

I looked for the main author, a name I had seen here and there, on YouTube and what I learned, without taking the time to listen to any videos was :dunno:

He's a regular on EWTN. Doesn't say much.

My argument here is that nothing trumps genuine, heartfelt prayer.
And you are absolutely positive the rosary cannot be a genuine, heartfelt prayer. I get that. And I also know just how mistaken you are. Remember, I am not claiming the Rosary is the only genuine, heartfelt prayer, it is only among the many. It is not a prayer you care for, and there is nothing wrong with your personal preference for prayer.

My personal preference is contemplation, but putting aside all other forms of prayer would leave quite a gap in my prayer life and Bible study. Hymns are also included in my prayer life even those chorus repetitions probably meet your censure for being "rote" and "repetitive"....and if I sing the same hymn throughout the day....oh, dear! ;)

The Bible was not compiled, much less mass produced until

Compiled in the 4th century

Mass produced 1500 years AFTER Christ ascended.

-
Which is why Catholics became interested in the Torah. And the books of the disciples. The Catholic church forbid it and ordered their members to give any copies they had to the church so they could be burned...

And you are absolutely positive the rosary cannot be a genuine, heartfelt prayer. I get that. And I also know just how mistaken you are. Remember, I am not claiming the Rosary is the only genuine, heartfelt prayer, it is only among the many. It is not a prayer you care for, and there is nothing wrong with your personal preference for prayer.

My personal preference is contemplation, but putting aside all other forms of prayer would leave quite a gap in my prayer life and Bible study. Hymns are also included in my prayer life even those chorus repetitions probably meet your censure for being "rote" and "repetitive"....and if I sing the same hymn throughout the day....oh, dear! ;)
And I have 0 problem with that. If you tell me that the rosary is necessary for entering Heaven, then we will butt heads...

Which is why Catholics became interested in the Torah. And the books of the disciples. The Catholic church forbid it and ordered their members to give any copies they had to the church so they could be burned...
That's what you';ve been told

and you actually believe everything the non-Catholic, anti-Catholic people say

Wow... how deep

And I have 0 problem with that. If you tell me that the rosary is necessary for entering Heaven, then we will butt heads...
yeh, those saintly, never-sinning protesters told you that

and you robotically believe them... as if they are more believable than Christ Himself (His Church)

oh well... your choice

OhPleaseJustQuit finds it funny that the Catholic church burned the Bible if it was written so that their members could actually read it on their own, instead of relying on what the priests told them.

OhPleaseJustQuit finds it funny that the Catholic church burned the Bible if it was written so that their members could actually read it on their own, instead of relying on what the priests told them.

You're so willing to attempt to put words in others' mouths.

Do it again.

I'm amused.

I have zilch criteria for entering heaven. Jesus spoke of the Kingdom, the one within our reach in this world, and I am more focused on that.

Forum List

Back