Why Trump will never release his tax returns.

We have many times. Republicans only want to talk about Hillary Clinton. So we end up talking about Hillary Clinton.

Republicans totally ignore the fact they are being scammed. This from the first post:

Once a swindler, always a swindler. Once the donations started pouring in from Trump supporters who probably worked hard to scrape together a few bucks just to send to Donald, Trump raises the rent on every campaign office that's in a building owned by Trump. A clever way to scam those people sending him money. Completely legal. I suspect that no one running before actually owned the buildings that housed their campaign offices. So no laws exist protecting the donors from being scammed.

And of course, I provided multiple links, like I usually do.

There you go again. You simply refuse to enter into any discussion at about Hillary's proposed policies. You just want to trash-talk. I don't blame you though, Hillary will not grant an interview to discuss her policies either. She is in hiding.
"B-b-b-but Clinton!":crybaby:

This is about Trump hiding his tax returns from you Chumps.

Right. Like I care about his tax returns. His tax returns have nothing to do with the issues.
His tax returns will show who owns him (China, Russia, and others), and that is VERY relevant to the issues.

His tax returns will show what a lying hypocrite he is.

Yes. We already know that almost everyone with any money owns Hillary.
Not the we shit again!

There may be a couple legit reasons why Trump won't release his tax returns, but all of them have to do with the fact that his businesses are all privately and closely held by him and his family members and their tax status makes the "pass through" organizations, which means we'd not only see Trump's personal data but also detailed data about his companies, all of them. What that means is that if there is anyone out there to whom he's provided financial information and it doesn't jibe with what's in those returns, he'll be in court a lot.

Now there are other reasons why not as well, and all of them have to do mostly with non-business partner folks (the general citizenry of the country) being able to reconcile his various statements about himself with what's in shown in his return.

As for why we won't ever see his returns, the short answer is that he's stated that an IRS audit is the reason why he won't release his return. Well, assuming there was an audit of his returns prior to 2008, they're finished yet he won't release them either. I don't know about you, but my tax information hasn't changed all that much since 2008. Sure I've bought and sold various investments, earned different sums, and donated different sums to charity, but the "general and qualitative picture" of me that one would get from my returns isn't materially different now from what it was then.

But Trump's lawyers say he gets audited every year. That basically means, given that while he's under audit he won't release his returns, we'll never see his returns.

Obviously, he is hiding something. Likely it is that he makes far less than he alleges. I’m pretty sure that in the ensuing 8-10 years (if that long), you’ll see a very public, very painful selloff.

Have you released yours? If not you are obviously hiding something, right?

Non sequitur:

I’m not running for President. And before you come back with the standard enabler line of “it’s not required”…it’s been a time honored tradition for 4 decades that the nominees release their tax returns. That Mr. Trump refuses…well, it speaks volumes. Now please hit me with “when hillary does this….” or something equally as impotent….

It's also time honored for those that ask for more than is required to provide theirs first.

So dimwit, where's yours?

Why won't Rdean and you other Hillary supporters discuss Hillary's tax proposals, immigration plan, refugee plan, or some actual proposed policies of Hillary's?
We have many times. Republicans only want to talk about Hillary Clinton. So we end up talking about Hillary Clinton.

Republicans totally ignore the fact they are being scammed. This from the first post:

Once a swindler, always a swindler. Once the donations started pouring in from Trump supporters who probably worked hard to scrape together a few bucks just to send to Donald, Trump raises the rent on every campaign office that's in a building owned by Trump. A clever way to scam those people sending him money. Completely legal. I suspect that no one running before actually owned the buildings that housed their campaign offices. So no laws exist protecting the donors from being scammed.

And of course, I provided multiple links, like I usually do.

There you go again. You simply refuse to enter into any discussion at about Hillary's proposed policies. You just want to trash-talk. I don't blame you though, Hillary will not grant an interview to discuss her policies either. She is in hiding.
"B-b-b-but Clinton!":crybaby:

This is about Trump hiding his tax returns from you Chumps.

Right. Like I care about his tax returns. His tax returns have nothing to do with the issues.
His tax returns will show who owns him (China, Russia, and others), and that is VERY relevant to the issues.

His tax returns will show what a lying hypocrite he is.

^^^^^^ so, you have this information. The boards own wiki leaker?

Why won't Rdean and you other Hillary supporters discuss Hillary's tax proposals, immigration plan, refugee plan, or some actual proposed policies of Hillary's?

I'm fine with discussing the macroeconomic impact of them; however, I don't know that there's much to say now that they've been evaluated quite critically. What I'm very reluctant to do, however, is engage in a discussion about economics with folks who don't have a strong economics background. I've tried doing that and it just angers me and I spend more time in didactic mode because the remarks I get in reply show little or no real understanding of econ.

I'm fine with discussing the macroeconomic impact of them; however, I don't know that there's much to say now that they've been evaluated quite critically. What I'm very reluctant to do, however, is engage in a discussion about economics with folks who don't have a strong economics background. I've tried doing that and it just angers me and I spend more time in didactic mode because the remarks I get in reply show little or no real understanding of econ.

In other words, you had rather bash the opposition, his wife and children than debate the issues.

I was originally an Economics major in college but changed to Accounting once I realize Psychology was more scientific than Economics. Phillips curve? :p There are obvious cause and effects within an economy of course. If the government raises the minimum wage, employers will be less likely to hire legal citizens. If a company's workers become unionized, the company will outsource to China. Common sense type stuff like that.

As far as this tax return bullshit, it is a bunch of crap that is totally irrelevant to the hiring of an elected official. Even Intuit cannot figure out the US Tax Code. :p The IRS has been used by the democrats to go after people for political reasons so that suggests the US Tax Code is designed to be open to interpretation by courts. Either way, if someone is not a democrat working for the Obama administration and they are not heading to prison for tax evasion, viewing a tax return has no informational value.

Either way, a resume is what is relevant.

Crooked Hillary's work in the private sector is shameful and her work in the public sector is criminal. Those are the relevant facts.

Last edited:
Mr. Trump doesn't pay taxes. That is why he won't release his returns.

If he doesn't have any taxable income, he doesn't have to pay taxes

If Trump pays no or an insanely low sum/rate of taxes, that's not going to endear him to the American public.

He has every right to deduct all he can. Hillary deducted over a million dollars in contributions to her own foundation. I'm not overly bent out of shape over it. My problem is her selling access and political favors in exchange for donations to her foundation while serving as Secretary of State.

In other words, you had rather bash the opposition, his wife and children than debate the issues.

That is not an accurate summarization of what I wrote.

Obviously, he is hiding something. Likely it is that he makes far less than he alleges. I’m pretty sure that in the ensuing 8-10 years (if that long), you’ll see a very public, very painful selloff.

Non sequitur:

I’m not running for President. And before you come back with the standard enabler line of “it’s not required”…it’s been a time honored tradition for 4 decades that the nominees release their tax returns. That Mr. Trump refuses…well, it speaks volumes. Now please hit me with “when hillary does this….” or something equally as impotent….

It's also time honored for those that ask for more than is required to provide theirs first.

Again, not running for President.

I was originally an Economics major in college but changed to Accounting once I realize Psychology was more scientific than Economics. Phillips curve? :p There are obvious cause and effects within an economy of course. If the government raises the minimum wage, employers will be less likely to hire legal citizens. If a company's workers become unionized, the company will outsource to China. Common sense type stuff like that.

As far as this tax return bullshit, it is a bunch of crap that is totally irrelevant to the hiring of an elected official. Even Intuit cannot figure out the US Tax Code. :p The IRS has been used by the democrats to go after people for political reasons so that suggests the US Tax Code is designed to be open to interpretation by courts. Either way, if someone is not a democrat working for the Obama administration and they are not heading to prison for tax evasion, viewing a tax return has no informational value.

Either way, a resume is what is relevant.

Crooked Hillary's work in the private sector is shameful and her work in the public sector is criminal. Those are the relevant facts.

Yes indeed. The only tax returns I am interested in are my own and my daughter does those for me since she is a CPA and tax attorney. I can't keep up with all the tax laws.

BREAKING THE LAW:
Obama still refuses to obey court orders to release Fast-and-Furious documents, that ARE required by law to be turned over....documents he has been hiding for 7+ years.

Libs are silent as a dead man...

BREAKING THE LAW:
Hillary refused to turn over documents according to the FOIA and The Federal Records Act, breaking the law by refusing to do so....more keep being released....documents that should have already been released a long time now.

Libs are silent as a dead man...

NOT BREAKING THE LAW:
Trump doesn't immediately hand over his tax returns.

Libs are squealing like stuck pigs.

No rabid partisanship or f*ed up prioritization here! Nothing to see...move along....

Yes indeed. The only tax returns I am interested in are my own and my daughter does those for me since she is a CPA and tax attorney. I can't keep up with all the tax laws.

Libs are more interested in seeing Trump's tax returns more than seeing all the Hillary Pay-to-Play evidence coming out....

Trumps taxes? Zero fucks given.

He's not in jail or being investigated for tax fraud so I don't care. I don't care to see Clintons either. As long as they pay them it doesn't mean shit.

Works for me.

Works for me.

We know that by the fact that you wrote the remark. Have you something new and substantive to say?

Works for me.

We know that by the fact that you wrote the remark. Have you something new and substantive to say?

When I do, I'll post it. You just stand by.

Non sequitur:

Trump wouldn't have this problem if he would up and present his shit besides dump doesn't do his own taxes , never has.

Forum List

Back