Why was Biden paid $900,000 a year by U of P when he didn’t teach a single class?

Don't see the problem.

Universities are businesses in US... It is very good business to have a former president like Biden on faculty... I will also not that Jeb Bush shared the same type of role in UPenn too...

This is just a joke... Joe Biden when he left his job had a brand, people were willing to pay money to be associated to that brand...
What's the problem?

Al Capone had a "brand" too.
I guess in your eyes that makes it okay

Students had to pay that 900K. Illegal doesn't even enter the picture. This is just plain baaaaad optics for Quid Pro, again.

And who won the pool on the first post to mention TRUMP!?
Now you know why Grifter Joe wanted to forgive student loans.

Nice work if you can get it. Don’t have to teach a class, barely have to make an appearance at the office, and yet get paid $900,000 a year for…..what? Any connection to the fact the the Communists donated $50 million to the university, and that some of Biden’s hidden top-secret documents were found in his office there?

My friend wants to know.

ever hear of the french connection? xiden was the chinese connection for UPenn.

Without education there are no lawyers, doctors. engineers, teachers, pharmacists, etc etc etc.
Or car mechanics, plumbers, electricians, oil workers, welders, truck drivers…………..should I go on?

Nice work if you can get it. Don’t have to teach a class, barely have to make an appearance at the office, and yet get paid $900,000 a year for…..what? Any connection to the fact the the Communists donated $50 million to the university, and that some of Biden’s hidden top-secret documents were found in his office there?

My friend wants to know.

You have friends??????

Why does your mind immediately go to lies and conspiracy theories. Why didn;'t you question why Trump had hundreds of documents? You had no questions about Trump having documents at all.

He gave lectures and talks on campus when they wanted him to speak (not teach, as he was an honorary professor, not a full fledged or "real" one), and used him as a consultant, probably because of his previous job as Vice President.
just like the wife thats called a doctor, but ITS a fake 1------the xidens are sick, demented LIARS....after all, he went to a black church in ITS teen years
oh, and the vp can leave confidential documents wherever they shit?
why would anybody in their right mind, want this corrupted pedophile leading AMERICA?
why would anybody in their right mind support, and defend the corrupt pedophile, xiden, or believe anything it spews

IF YOU ONLY HAD A BRAIN

Don't see the problem.

Universities are businesses in US... It is very good business to have a former president like Biden on faculty... I will also not that Jeb Bush shared the same type of role in UPenn too...

This is just a joke... Joe Biden when he left his job had a brand, people were willing to pay money to be associated to that brand...
What's the problem?

The issue was not everyone would get a chance.
Do you support quotas? It is a simple question.

You weren’t saying much other some verbiage that indicates a complete lack of insight into your own behavior.

For someone who supposedly worked in Higher Ed, you show an amazing lack of knowledge into how it works. In fact your knowledge seems limited to those things that affect your racial insecurities and animosities.

You start a dumb OP, about how Biden gets paid this huge amount and doesn’t teach a single class yet fail to realize there are a substantial number of faculty position don’t include teaching.

Speaking fees for former presidents top $750,000 a talk.
Source: How Much Do Former Presidents Get Paid in Speaking Fees? Hint: A Lot

Janet Yellen has earned over 7M in speaking fees with as much as 292,500 for one talk.
Source: Janet Yellen has made at least $7m from speaking fees, records show

Now Biden is a former Vice President but that is almost as lucrative. Mike Pence gets paid over $100,000 a talk and, as is the trend for former politicos, he has a 7 figure book deal.

Source: “He’s Making Real Money for the First Time in His Life”: Mike Pence Is Already Cashing In on His Potential 2024 Run

According to this, Biden was paid $775,000 over two years
not $900,000 in one year, and gave 4 speeches a year, approximately $100,000 per talk.

Source: Penn Paid Joe Biden $775,000 to Expand Its “Global Outreach” … and Give Some Speeches
One "detail" you conveniently seem to have forgotten is the fact that President Biden had stolen Top Secret documents. Now we learn that that he hidden them in his office in the Biden Penn Center and in his home.

To me, that is a huge difference.

Careful now, even Adam Schiff is running away from President Biden.

Last edited:
One "detail" you conveniently seem to have skipped is the fact that President Biden had stolen Top Secret documents and hidden them in his office in the Biden Penn Center and in his home.

Careful now, even Adam Schiff is running away from President Biden.
Isn't that a criminal offense

just like the wife thats called a doctor, but ITS a fake 1------the xidens are sick, demented LIARS....after all, he went to a black church in ITS teen years
oh, and the vp can leave confidential documents wherever they shit?
why would anybody in their right mind, want this corrupted pedophile leading AMERICA?
why would anybody in their right mind support, and defend the corrupt pedophile, xiden, or believe anything it spews

IF YOU ONLY HAD A BRAIN

Usually, i don't bother to respond to your fever addled bullshit, as it pretty much seems to be the same ol' same ol' everytime you post. But, in this case, I'll make an exception..........

You DO realize that ANYONE who has gone to college long enough and has attained their PhD has the right to be called "doctor", right? It's not just for those who practice medicine.

Here.............lemmie help you out.................

Doctor is an academic title that originates from the Latin word of the same spelling and meaning.[1] The word is originally an agentive noun of the Latin verb docēre [dɔˈkeːrɛ] 'to teach'. It has been used as an academic title in Europe since the 13th century, when the first doctorates were awarded at the University of Bologna and the University of Paris.

Having become established in European universities, this usage spread around the world. Contracted "Dr" or "Dr.", it is used as a designation for a person who has obtained a doctorate (commonly a PhD/DPhil). In many parts of the world it is also used by medical practitioners, regardless of whether they hold a doctoral-level degree.

Interestingly enough, the title of "doctor" can even extend to members of the priesthood who are Catholic bishops in Ireland...................

Ireland[edit]​

Usage in Ireland is similar to that in the UK. The title of doctor is used for holders of doctoral degrees[158] as well as for medical practitioners (except surgeons),[159] dentists,[160] and vets.[161] The title is also used in Ireland for Catholic bishops, who are styled "The Most Reverend Dr X, Bishop of Y" on envelopes.[162]

So................while in your limited mind, the title of doctor only applies to those who practice medicine, I assure you that it covers a great deal more than that. You'd know that if you only had a brain.

Usually, i don't bother to respond to your fever addled bullshit, as it pretty much seems to be the same ol' same ol' everytime you post. But, in this case, I'll make an exception..........

You DO realize that ANYONE who has gone to college long enough and has attained their PhD has the right to be called "doctor", right? It's not just for those who practice medicine.

Here.............lemmie help you out.................

Doctor is an academic title that originates from the Latin word of the same spelling and meaning.[1] The word is originally an agentive noun of the Latin verb docēre [dɔˈkeːrɛ] 'to teach'. It has been used as an academic title in Europe since the 13th century, when the first doctorates were awarded at the University of Bologna and the University of Paris.

Having become established in European universities, this usage spread around the world. Contracted "Dr" or "Dr.", it is used as a designation for a person who has obtained a doctorate (commonly a PhD/DPhil). In many parts of the world it is also used by medical practitioners, regardless of whether they hold a doctoral-level degree.

Interestingly enough, the title of "doctor" can even extend to members of the priesthood who are Catholic bishops in Ireland...................

Ireland[edit]​

Usage in Ireland is similar to that in the UK. The title of doctor is used for holders of doctoral degrees[158] as well as for medical practitioners (except surgeons),[159] dentists,[160] and vets.[161] The title is also used in Ireland for Catholic bishops, who are styled "The Most Reverend Dr X, Bishop of Y" on envelopes.[162]

So................while in your limited mind, the title of doctor only applies to those who practice medicine, I assure you that it covers a great deal more than that. You'd know that if you only had a brain.
I always thought they gave that title to those who graduated but weren't smart enough to do anything

I always thought they gave that title to those who graduated but weren't smart enough to do anything

Well, I never went to college, chose to join the Navy right out of high school instead. And, to tell you the truth, I think I got a much better education in the military than what people did in college, because in addition to schooling, I also got real world application of the things I learned. The stuff I was sent to school for were things I needed to learn and know, and the advanced courses I was fortunate enough to be sent to were actually useful since they were things I would actually use in various independent duty billets (as well as helped me get some really sweet assignments).

I take the same view of a PhD that a friend of mine once said...........they said "PhD" means Piled Higher and Deeper". Not to knock (much) on those who get doctorates, but it seems that they go into great detail on just a few aspects of their overall degree. In the military, it was the opposite. You learned what you needed to know for your job, and if you got advanced courses, you got to learn how your job fit into the whole scheme of things and how to do those other things as well.

Well, I never went to college, chose to join the Navy right out of high school instead. And, to tell you the truth, I think I got a much better education in the military than what people did in college, because in addition to schooling, I also got real world application of the things I learned. The stuff I was sent to school for were things I needed to learn and know, and the advanced courses I was fortunate enough to be sent to were actually useful since they were things I would actually use in various independent duty billets (as well as helped me get some really sweet assignments).

I take the same view of a PhD that a friend of mine once said...........they said "PhD" means Piled Higher and Deeper". Not to knock (much) on those who get doctorates, but it seems that they go into great detail on just a few aspects of their overall degree. In the military, it was the opposite. You learned what you needed to know for your job, and if you got advanced courses, you got to learn how your job fit into the whole scheme of things and how to do those other things as well.
Hands on experiences are far more beneficial than just book scents

My friend wants to know.

he primarily gave talks and lectures to students, and he led the Penn Biden Centre for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in Washington.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hands on experiences are far more beneficial than just book scents

I whole heartedly agree with that sentiment. It's one thing to read about fire and flooding, the various ways that it can impact a ship, and the temperatures and pressures associated with each.

It's quite different to read about fire getting up to 1,000 deg and fully comprehend it, than to actually fight a fire that gets that hot (and yes, in the simulators, you get to deal with simulated casualties that are using the real thing), or try to figure out how to deal with a compartment that is flooding when you're waist deep in it. For some strange reason, actually feeling the heat and the water is much different than reading about it. You read about it, learn how to do it, and pass the written exams, but when you're thrown in the simulator, it's quite possible for your mind to do a short "vapor lock" while you try to remember what you know from the classroom.

Forum List

Back