🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why White People Don’t Like to Talk About Race

Ever notice that this racial horse shit always comes down to GIMME FREE MONEY!

Each and every time without fail!

It's only a matter of time before they get to it.

Reparations...XXXXXX Justice...call it what you will....it's always "GIMME FREE MONEY".

We have the right to have our own opinion if you don't like it too bad for you.

Yes. This is exactly where civil rights jumped the shark. It failed to recognize that deciding for ourselves who we like and don't like, who we associated with and who we avoid - no matter what the reasons - is a fundamental human right.

Equal rights under the law is the core if liberal democracy. But mandating respect is overreach.

USMB is a fine example of this.

March 26, 2015 by Barnabas Piper

Most white people want no part of the conversation about race. We don’t want it with our baristas, our neighbors, our spouses, or anyone really. We don’t quite know what do each February during Black History Month. For most white people that’s Martin Luther King Jr. awareness month with a nod to Harriet Tubman and not much sense of any other aspect of black history or culture. The ongoing tensions surrounding the deaths of Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, and so many other incidents are more than most of us know what to do with (if we want anything to do with them at all).

Most of us grew up unaffected by the racial divide, or at least unaware of how it affected us. Now, though, the divide has been brought to us and we’re at a loss. We don’t want that conversation. We’re uncomfortable with it. Our responses tend to fall into two main groups.

Group 1: Don’t want to talk about race

This first group contains the bigots and racists. They don’t want to talk about race (or maybe they do for all the wrong reasons) because they want to be the only race. This bunch deserves a whole lot of ink, most of it not very pleasant, and none of it here. They are despicable products of unfortunate upbringings.

The majority of this group, though, is not outright bigoted. Instead they are outright ignorant and therefore subtly prejudiced. They are unexposed to minority cultures (not just black, but all non-white cultures) and unaware of the complexities, difficulties, and hurts there. Really most of white America is part of, or has been part of, this group. They are the comfortable majority, and thus they determine the status quo. Life is good, so why rock the boat? It’s not that they don’t “care” about the needs of others — you won’t find a more cause-oriented bunch of advocates than young, privileged white people — but those needs never really intersect with their lives at a personal and relational level. And they’re happy to keep it that way because any other way is uncomfortable and intimidating. It’s a passive aggressive approach to racial separation, and one most don’t even realize they’re participating in. Their ignorance is blindness they mistake for bliss.

Group 2: Don’t know how to talk about race

Why White People Don't Like to Talk About Race

Most here are not the blissfully ignorant. You are racists. Blacks here have been called all kinds of racist names and all kinds of overtly racist opinion has been spoken. Blissful ignorance is not why a thread about black names has been created at least 2 times sine I've actively started participating here. The same goes for other things.

Now watch the racism you will see from people who are going to complain. They never complain when a thread by a white person denigrating blacks is posted. Only when a thread about whites is made do they suddenly become colorblind.
White conservatives don’t like to talk about race – and for obvious reasons.

you....

download.png

And you have the right to be shown that what you believe is a load of racist dog shit. If you don't like it too bad for you.
Having an opinion is not a dog shit that's what you think. but I don't care, I think what I like
When your opinion has been proven wrong long before you were born and you still express that opinion and argue about how it's so, then it's dog shit.

So you are dog shit then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we don’t use it as an excuse.

That because you guys are inflicting the racism.

In 2011, DEMOS did a study named “The Racial Wealth Gap, Why Policy Matters”, which discussed the racial wealth gap, the problems associated with it along with solutions and outcomes if the gap did not exist. In this study DEMOS determined that the racial wealth gap was primarily driven by policy decisions.

“The U.S. racial wealth gap is substantial and is driven by public policy decisions. According to our analysis of the SIPP data, in 2011 the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings, compared to just $7,113 for the median Black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household. From the continuing impact of redlining on American homeownership to the retreat from desegregation in public education, public policy has shaped these disparities, leaving them impossible to overcome without racially-aware policy change.”

Nobody is making excuses. You can't handle the truth.

Google "Anthony Johnson slave"...he was a black man who owned black slaves...and he was not a one off.
Yawn! Google who made slavery legal in the US. And then go learn the fact that few blacks owned slaves and most of them purchased family members. Disingenuous doesn't work with me son.

Who fucking cares? There is no slavery in the US. Slaves are all dead. It’s alive and well in Africa though. Why not go there and preach your opinions. See what happens to your punk ass.

And you have the right to be shown that what you believe is a load of racist dog shit. If you don't like it too bad for you.
Having an opinion is not a dog shit that's what you think. but I don't care, I think what I like
When your opinion has been proven wrong long before you were born and you still express that opinion and argue about how it's so, then it's dog shit.
LOL,
LOL, You are really frustrated that Trump win! not me!

View attachment 297088
Not really. I'm watching the predicted death of the United States caused by white racism.

No ones keeping you here.

I'd rather talk about CHARACTER...like MLK said. Always have. (Why do Blacks kill other Blacks at such a high rate??)

Greg
If you want to talk about character why do you not pay attention to everything King talked about?
You do understand that white kill each other at the same rate? So if you are concerned about character why don't you discuss that.

Why don’t you, and stop acting like an ignorant street punk. You can quote his teachings, maybe stop being a hypocrite and live them.

I'd rather talk about CHARACTER...like MLK said. Always have. (Why do Blacks kill other Blacks at such a high rate??)

Greg
If you want to talk about character why do you not pay attention to everything King talked about?
You do understand that white kill each other at the same rate? So if you are concerned about character why don't you discuss that.
Nah, and we also do not want to discuss how whites and blacks use illegal substances at the same rates, but blacks go to prison over it much more overwhelmingly. Many whites will equate that with calling them racist; makes 'em very uncomfortable.

He still hates you, sycophant bitch. Don’t you know?

My question is why can’t IM2 stop talking about race?

He CERTAINLY doesn't to talk about black crime, or black men knocking up women and then abandoning them.

He segregates himself from those topics.

No, I don't. I discuss them with other blacks because they are sincere in wanting to solve the problem and they understand the root cause. Whites only talk about black on black crime to avoid looking at their own problems. This thread is an example. It is about the inability of whites to discuss racism. So to avoid doing this there is inevitably the piling on about black on black crime. Stop segregating yourselves from the problems in the white community.

My question is why can’t IM2 stop talking about race?

He CERTAINLY doesn't to talk about black crime, or black men knocking up women and then abandoning them.
Don's got a slew of kids by 3 babymommas and he cheated on the last one with a hooker he paid while his wife was pregnant with that slower (of the 3 slow ones) boy. Point?

He provides for them, and they are all educated and successful.

Greg

Why don’t you, and stop acting like an ignorant street punk. You can quote his teachings, maybe stop being a hypocrite and live them.

I do live them. You don't know what they are.

Because we don’t use it as an excuse.

That because you guys are inflicting the racism.

In 2011, DEMOS did a study named “The Racial Wealth Gap, Why Policy Matters”, which discussed the racial wealth gap, the problems associated with it along with solutions and outcomes if the gap did not exist. In this study DEMOS determined that the racial wealth gap was primarily driven by policy decisions.

“The U.S. racial wealth gap is substantial and is driven by public policy decisions. According to our analysis of the SIPP data, in 2011 the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings, compared to just $7,113 for the median Black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household. From the continuing impact of redlining on American homeownership to the retreat from desegregation in public education, public policy has shaped these disparities, leaving them impossible to overcome without racially-aware policy change.”

Nobody is making excuses. You can't handle the truth.

Demos?? Who or what is "demos"?? A stupid liberal think tank!!!

Greg

Forum List

Back