Why wouldn't Jesus...

i didn't realize the Vatican was in the united states and part of catholic charities here?

Name me one catholic church in the states that is not affiliated with the Vatican or the pope. The Vatican owns all of the catholic churches in this country and every other country where there is a catholic church.

Other than Orthodox, nada.
The Vatican doesn't own the churches in this country.
:lol: That's ridiculous.

Name me one catholic church in the states that is not affiliated with the Vatican or the pope. The Vatican owns all of the catholic churches in this country and every other country where there is a catholic church.

Other than Orthodox, nada.
The Vatican doesn't own the churches in this country.
:lol: That's ridiculous.

There is a chain of command that does end in Rome. Even Special Orders which may be separate from local Rule account directly to Rome.

My Diocese. Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn

The Voice of the Vatican. The World Seen From Rome

Catholic Web Site NEW ADVENT: Home

You're wrong...the Vatican doesn't own Catholic churches...the diocese does. And not too long ago the dioceses with sexual abuse problems were jumping all over themselves to transfer ownership to the parish. The chain of command is a spiritual one not an ownership one.

:eusa_angel:

You're wrong...the Vatican doesn't own Catholic churches...the diocese does. And not too long ago the dioceses with sexual abuse problems were jumping all over themselves to transfer ownership to the parish. The chain of command is a spiritual one not an ownership one.

The chain of command is be decree or order. It is not ignored but followed. Parishes support the Diocese. Diocese decides what stays open, and what closes, what remains and what is sold. The Pastor is the Sheriff of the Property. His Assignment and Transfer come from the Bishop. Schools in the Red, Parishes in the Red, may be combined or shut down, properties sold, as The Bishop, decides. All are accountable to Rome in one way or another.

The chain of command is be decree or order. It is not ignored but followed. Parishes support the Diocese. Diocese decides what stays open, and what closes, what remains and what is sold. The Pastor is the Sheriff of the Property. His Assignment and Transfer come from the Bishop. Schools in the Red, Parishes in the Red, may be combined or shut down, properties sold, as The Bishop, decides. All are accountable to Rome in one way or another.
:lol: I'll say it one more time...the Vatican does not own the churches in the USA.

Intense, you are wrong.

The whole American Catholic Church could apostasize and the dioceses and the parishes would overwhelmingly be able to take the property along.

Now if you are arguing that El Papa is the Holy Father, well, yes, it's true that all Roman Catholics look to him for spiritual guidance. If you are arguing that overrides an American Catholic's loyalty to the U.S., youa re wrong.

Sex abuse rife in other religions, says Vatican | World news | The Guardian

Speaking of that sex abuse story:

The statement, read out by Archbishop Silvano Tomasi, the Vatican's permanent observer to the UN, defended its record by claiming that "available research" showed that only 1.5%-5% of Catholic clergy were involved in child sex abuse.

Yeah! Only 5% of the entire Catholic clergy. That's not a lot by itself by any means! :rolleyes:

And Ravi's right, the Vatican doesn't own any churches in the USA physically. Just spiritually. Especially since if the Vatican did own churches physically, none of them would ever be shut down.

Intense, you are wrong.

The whole American Catholic Church could apostasize and the dioceses and the parishes would overwhelmingly be able to take the property along.

Now if you are arguing that El Papa is the Holy Father, well, yes, it's true that all Roman Catholics look to him for spiritual guidance. If you are arguing that overrides an American Catholic's loyalty to the U.S., youa re wrong.

Nope!!!

I just ran that by my Church Authority.

If a Pastor flew the Coup, a new Pastor would be assigned. If a Bishop or Bishops , or All US Bishops flew the Coup, They would All be replaced. The Property remains the Property of the RC Church. Definitely!!!!! The position of Bishop has Title, that is the legal requirement.

Last edited:
want us to structure our society to help the poor?

Jesus preached that we should help the poor...that is indisputable.

I often see self-described Christians arguing against social welfare, claiming that Jesus meant that we should help the poor individually.

This makes no sense to me. If we have the power, as individuals, to collectively help the poor then IMO this is what Jesus would want us to do.

Any thoughts?

The bible does say that those with a surplus should give to those with a deficit, so that those with less can have more, and those with too much can have just enough..

Separation of church and state is all.. That is the only logical reason I can think of that some people would have a problem with it- but it seems that the people who have the biggest problem with it are religious conservative fundies, lol.. Go figure..

Last edited:

I often see self-described Christians arguing against social welfare, claiming that Jesus meant that we should help the poor individually.

This makes no sense to me. If we have the power, as individuals, to collectively help the poor then IMO this is what Jesus would want us to do.

Any thoughts?

The bible does say that those with a surplus should give to those with a deficit, so that those with less can have more, and those with too much can have just enough..

Separation of church and state is all.. That is the only logical reason I can think of that some people would have a problem with it- but it seems that the people who have the biggest problem with it are religious conservative fundies, lol.. Go figure..

What Verse? LOL

Any thoughts?

Religious conservative fundies don't believe in giving surplus. They believe in tithing 10 percent. Before taxes. Go figure.

Any thoughts?

Religious conservative fundies don't believe in giving surplus. They believe in tithing 10 percent. Before taxes. Go figure.

Some Tithe and more, based on need.

The Pope is the divine ruler of each and every Roman Catholic. We owe our allegiance to the POPE not to government, not to country, not to political party but to the POPE. You cannot be a Roman Catholic and disobey the Holy Father in Rome.

Last edited:

Any thoughts?

that's why it says it'll be harder for the rich to get to heaven, cause they'll love their money and possessions more than anything.

Any thoughts?

What Verse? LOL

maybe it is this?

luke 12:48
For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

And unto whomsoever much is given, of him much shall be required: and to whom they have committed much, of him they will demand the more.

Why wouldn't Jesus...

Any thoughts?

I can't tell you why the vision of living as a human on Earth described by Jesus did not come to fruition, assuming the model postulated that an all powerful God was behind the whole story, but our history does seem to fit a "survival of the fittest" model.

Last edited:
The Pope is the divine ruler of each and every Roman Catholic. We owe our allegiance to the POPE not to government, not to country, not to political party but to the POPE. You cannot be a Roman Catholic and disobey the Holy Father in Rome.

That might actually have an adhesive effect on some Clergy. Don't bet too much on it though.

Forum List

Back