#whyIDidntReport

None of which makes her allegation true despite what many now seem to want to believe or justice system is not based on the idea of guilty till proven innocent and an allegation is not proof of guilt. None of us knows what if anything happened between these two 36 years ago and we likely never will and no matter how much some don't like we all have the presumption of innocence not guilt. I have heard many ask how would you feel if you were in Fords position being treated badly for making an allegation I would ask people to put themselves in Kavanaugh's position as well and ask how they would feel being judged guilty on simply the allegation.

Is it not possible to feel for both?
Did I say it wasn't? The truth is you have a lot of people who don't know anything saying because Ford waited so long to say something her allegation can't possibily be true and you have just as many saying basically because Ford is a woman her allegation must be true and Kavanaugh is guilty. There was a time when a persons guilt or innocence was determined by evidence not by our own personal political agendas maybe we should get back to that.
That would mean going back decades...prior to Clinton.

I haven’t said anything negative about Kavanaugh in regard to this. Quite the opposite.

The only hypocrite right now is you.

You just said you think he is guilty. That’s not negative? Based on a bogus polygraph. I explained how it was bogus and you conveniently exited the discussion.
Saying I think he is guilty is giving my opinion when you asked me a direct question. Other than that I have consistently said we don’t really know and they both deserve to be presumed to be innocent until proven.

I don’t know what your issue is but I don’t live on USMB. I have real life responsibilities and I don’t hang around just to answer your arguments.

Except you do when it suits your purpose. You said you think he is guilty based on a faulty polygraph. Y or N?

I do not remember Coyote saying that. Did she?
No I did not. I said she passed a poligraph which means she believes what said imo.

And I explained how she really didnt

Again they asked her if the the assertion was true. They never asked if her statement was true under the polygraph. Because it isnt

Judge is not on trial here.

I will ask again where you got the information they were essentially going from party to party binge drinking.

That is nowhere close to the accussers testimony.
I already told you.

There is nothing in the link that states that this is her testimony. You made a statement that had no basis.
What? I did not say anything about her testimony.

That is all we have, yet you made the claim. It is irresponsible to do so.
No. It isn’t all we have.

In reference to binge drinking, it sure as hell is.

Ll

I already told you.

There is nothing in the link that states that this is her testimony. You made a statement that had no basis.

No it isn’t. There is Mark Judge’s writing.

Ll

Judge never wrote about that party dufus

And what if she isn’t? We don’t know. They were all a bunch drunk out of control teenagers.

The difference comes when we do know.

Al Franken WAS on the Senate Judiciary Committee, but no longer is, because there IS evidence of his behavior.
It's funny how some people look at things completely different when the sides are switched up.

It's also why the Democrats don't have enough votes on the Judiciary Committee to block the nomination from getting sent to the Senate Floor.

franken-joy-behar.jpg

Last edited:
Ll

Judge never wrote about that party dufus
I was referring to the general lifestyle of that crowd not any specific party.

None of which makes her allegation true despite what many now seem to want to believe or justice system is not based on the idea of guilty till proven innocent and an allegation is not proof of guilt. None of us knows what if anything happened between these two 36 years ago and we likely never will and no matter how much some don't like we all have the presumption of innocence not guilt. I have heard many ask how would you feel if you were in Fords position being treated badly for making an allegation I would ask people to put themselves in Kavanaugh's position as well and ask how they would feel being judged guilty on simply the allegation.

Did I say it wasn't? The truth is you have a lot of people who don't know anything saying because Ford waited so long to say something her allegation can't possibily be true and you have just as many saying basically because Ford is a woman her allegation must be true and Kavanaugh is guilty. There was a time when a persons guilt or innocence was determined by evidence not by our own personal political agendas maybe we should get back to that.
That could also mean start doing now and continue to do so in the future.

Almost inevitably:

Senate Democrats Investigate a New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct, from Brett Kavanaugh’s College Years

By Ronan Farrow and Jane Mayer - 7:49 P.M

As Senate Republicans press for a swift vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh, President Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court, Senate Democrats are investigating a new allegation of sexual misconduct against Kavanaugh. The claim dates to the 1983-84 academic school year, when Kavanaugh was a freshman at Yale University. The offices of at least four Democratic senators have received information about the allegation, and at least two have begun investigating it. Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote. The Democratic Senate offices reviewing the allegations believe that they merit further investigation. “This is another serious, credible, and disturbing allegation against Brett Kavanaugh. It should be fully investigated,” Senator Mazie Hirono, of Hawaii, said. An aide in one of the other Senate offices added, “These allegations seem credible, and we’re taking them very seriously. If established, they’re clearly disqualifying.”

Remember when McConnell advised the Trumpy against nominating Kavanaugh? Because confirmation would be a bumpy ride? Maybe the good man sensed there were more than just shoes dropping with the good, honorable judge.

And what if she isn’t? We don’t know. They were all a bunch drunk out of control teenagers.

Al Franken WAS on the Senate Judiciary Committee, but no longer is, because there is evidence of his behavior.
It's funny how some people look at things completely different when the sides are switched up.

franken-joy-behar.jpg
How is it being looked at differently? My point is let it be investigated, have people testify under oath without this ridiculous time table and then make a judgement. Until then it is all opining and character assassination from all sides.

That could also mean start doing now and continue to do so in the future.
I do agree on one thing, the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction and we are losing sight of due process and the rights of the accused in the process.

Al Franken WAS on the Senate Judiciary Committee, but no longer is, because there is evidence of his behavior.

franken-joy-behar.jpg
How is it being looked at differently? My point is let it be investigated, have people testify under oath without this ridiculous time table and then make a judgement. Until then it is all opining and character assassination from all sides.

Joy Behar is clowning around while Al Franken is grabbing her boob, and then goes on television talking about how we need to take these allegations and Dr. Ford seriously. I am starting to doubt your sincerity if you think those two are consistent. The more you dig into everything, the more you figure out why the Democrats had to play it the way they have. The ass and boob grabber got booted from the Judiciary Committee and the vote was no longer split 11R/11D.

The media is running this country or trying to run this country, and it needs to stop.

Something to think about...

#WhyIDidntReport : Sexual assault survivors respond to Trump's tweet - CNN

They are afraid of repercussions.

They are made to feel it’s their own fault.

They are told to dismiss it.

They are often the ones who were blamed.

They are afraid they might be asked for more evidence.

They are afraid no one will believe them.

They are afraid people will find out.

They want to forget.

Now look at how Dr. Ford is being treated.

Sorry kiddo. Wrong set of fears if you're talking about Kavanaugh/Ford. They were 15 and 16 yrs old. They were NOT afraid of the PRESS or social media. They were afraid of THEIR PARENTS... And it's their PARENTS that should have asking HOW some other parents let a drunken pool party grope happen.

Forum List

Back