Wild Boar Attacks Woman in California Suburb

Was a doc a while back about a big wild boar overpopulation problem somewhere. Breed so fast with such large litters and no effective natural predators.

Wild hogs are in 3/4 of the states and spreading. They are causing massive amounts of damage to crops and native wildlife. They breed like rabbits and are fierce as hell. Hunters often call them a "poor man's grizzly".

I have hunted them several times and there are PLENTY of them out there. They are tough as hell. Their shoulders have a thick layer of gristle that protects them in fights with each other, and their tusks can rip you up.

The two animals that I would hate to startle in a thick brush/wooded area is a wild boar or a bobcat. ...... :eek-52:
Oh, sweet Jesus, most hogs just run, and a bobcat, Hell you ain't going to startle a bobcat, they know you are there and avoid you.

I think you got a vivid imagination and no woods sense whatsoever.

Wild hogs are in 3/4 of the states and spreading. They are causing massive amounts of damage to crops and native wildlife. They breed like rabbits and are fierce as hell. Hunters often call them a "poor man's grizzly".

I have hunted them several times and there are PLENTY of them out there. They are tough as hell. Their shoulders have a thick layer of gristle that protects them in fights with each other, and their tusks can rip you up.
You have to head shoot them, or, learn where the heart is.

It is not behind the lower shoulder like a deer.

They can take a Hell of a hit in the shoulder and keep running.

I've killed hundreds, never had one so much as think of attacking me.

The people who get cut up are the dog hunters that catch them alive.

That is just asking for it.

They can't see shit, but hear well, and can smell you.

It is not hard to slip up on a bunch of them, but, you are lucky to get more than one shot, because they just run like Hell in every direction.

I've hunted wild boar in Northern California near Hollister Exciting as hell!! They are truly ferocious beasts and very aggressive.

PS - Wild Boar bacon is fucking awesome! I also love ground wild boar - it makes for excellent burgers- super juicy!!!

I've hunted wild boar in Northern California near Hollister Exciting as hell!! They are truly ferocious beasts and very aggressive.

PS - Wild Boar bacon is fucking awesome! I also love ground wild boar - it makes for excellent burgers- super juicy!!!
You eat boar hog??

Yuck.

Or do you eat sows, and call it boar.

You can't even stay in the house with boar hog cooking.

Only coonasses eat it.

You eat boar hog??

Yuck.

Only coonasses eat it.

I've had both. The sows are less tough and not as gamey, but the bacon is good from either.

You eat boar hog??

Yuck.

Only coonasses eat it.

I've had both. The sows are less tough and not as gamey, but the bacon is good from either.
I shoot them on sight, but will not touch them.

I call somebody to get them, or, feed them to the alligators.

Forum List

Back