Will ANYONE in the government be held accountable for violations of the first amendment via Twitter?

Will anyone be held to account for the government violating the first amendment rights of citizens?

• Yes

• No

• There were no first amendment violations

Results are only viewable after voting.
/——-/ Well, apparently you have no idea what happens when the FBI calls and tells a company to do something. But, It seems you’re just making excuses for them because you approve of their actions.

They didn't tell anyone what to do. They communicated their concerns. In some cases, twitter agreed with them and sometimes they didn't.

You want to turn the police into the Gestapo. DeSantis' Gestapo arrested 20 people for alleged crimes and these cases are falling apart in court.
The FBI are not the police, NAZI. They aren't even authorized by the Constitution.

You're just a goosestepping NAZI douchebag.

If the government was directing Twitter's censorship decisions, that's an obvious violation of the First. But Twitter has every right to censor on their own. What bothers me is that most Trumpsters don't make this distinction. They just want to punish their political enemies. Many of them are arguing for state regulation of social media companies, which is phenomenally stupid if the goal is to prevent government censorship.

If the government was directing Twitter's censorship decisions, that's an obvious violation of the First. But Twitter has every right to censor on their own. What bothers me is that most Trumpsters don't make this distinction. They just want to punish their political enemies. Many of them are arguing for state regulation of social media companies, which is phenomenally stupid if the goal is to prevent government censorship.
The FBI is the government, douchebag. How many times do you NAZI douchebags have to be told that?

They didn't tell anyone what to do. They communicated their concerns. In some cases, twitter agreed with them and sometimes they didn't.
/——-/ So Elon is lying. LOL. I remember when libs were anti establishment. But, now you clowns run defense for them. I’m

It sure as hell did. Telling privately owned companies to censor their customers is a clear violation of the First Amendment. Only a fucking NAZI would deny that.

No, it's not since the private companies don't have to censor anyone they don't want to. Twitter chose who to block.

To anyone but the most partisan it is clear that first amendment violations are abundant but will ANYONE be held to account for it?

If not our so called constitutional rights are nothing but a figment of our imagination IMO.
This is both ignorant and wrong.

Private social media can't violate citizens' rights.

And government speech doctrine holds that government has a right to free speech of its own, including the right to express government views and opinions, such as what constitutes foreign interference in US elections.

Demonstrate that this was done in an official capacity, or by an officer of the FBI, or in some organized way, and you'll have my attention.

If there was actual control, I'd like to see that. If this was some rogue assholes, I'd like to see that too.

I don't ask for much. I'm just not into the partisan righteous indignation drama queen jumping to conclusions stuff. Sorry.
Then you don't want to know?
You can look at the dump and reports on the dump pretty easily.
You won't find it on CNN, MSNBC etc. etc. because they are flat out ignoring it as you would expect.
You can also read the emails exchanges between the White House administration/FBI and Vijaya Gadde, excecutive at Twitter. You can read the full emails yourself.
Or, you can not read it and simply keep denying it happened.

Then you don't want to know?
You can look at the dump and reports on the dump pretty easily.
You won't find it on CNN, MSNBC etc. etc. because they are flat out ignoring it as you would expect.
You can also read the emails exchanges between the White House administration/FBI and Vijaya Gadde, excecutive at Twitter. You can read the full emails yourself.
Or, you can not read it and simply keep denying it happened.
How in the world did you get from my post to "then you don't want to know?"

What the fuck.

Never mind.

How in the world did you get from my post to "then you don't want to know?"

What the fuck.

Never mind.
Really??
You literally went on saying you would like to see what happened.
I said... well then apparently you don't, because the Twitter file dump started almost 2 weeks ago now. And started with the exchanges between Vijaya Gadde and the FBI/White House. - You can read thos full emails yourself. If you haven't - then how can you say you want to see the proof??

And I also said "if true" about the reported content that showed emails coming from 100 different FBI employees. If that is true - you can't possibly say it was a "rogue".
Look it up - read for yourself it is all out there.
Or don't, and stay uninformed.

Yeah, believe the Billionaire Twitter Troll, who spent 44 billion to enforce his views about free speech on his new platform? Only in America!
/----/ Denial isn't a river in Egypt. You just prefer to close your eyes to the truth.

No, it's not since the private companies don't have to censor anyone they don't want to. Twitter chose who to block.
/---/ It's cute how you chose to carry the FBI's water.
iu

This is both ignorant and wrong.

Private social media can't violate citizens' rights.
The FBI can violate citizen's rights, dumb fuck. The FBI is breaking the law when it tells Twitter who to censor. Any brain damaged retard should be able to understand that.

And government speech doctrine holds that government has a right to free speech of its own, including the right to express government views and opinions, such as what constitutes foreign interference in US elections.

"Government speech doctrine?" What the fuck is that? Government has no rights period. It has rights to any views. It does what it's told, period.

Forum List

Back