Will ANYONE in the government be held accountable for violations of the first amendment via Twitter?

Will anyone be held to account for the government violating the first amendment rights of citizens?

• Yes

• No

• There were no first amendment violations

Results are only viewable after voting.
Twitter is a privately-owned company. It's not the government. This isn't a First Amendment issue.

Should a company -- especially a company that deals in freedom of expression -- fuck around with banning and shadow-banning and playing games? No, not in my estimation. Those are only band aids, and band aids usually make things worse. We just refuse to learn that one.

But this ain't a First Amendment issue.
Then you aren't thinking.
Why?
Because, if true, the Twitter data dump 3 showed where the FBI had close to 100 agents pointing out tweets they wanted removed. Many of them Twitter removed. The person in charge of content had numerous emails back and forth from members of the FBI and the White House. And she literally said "I am looking forward to working with you".

THAT - is where it is a 1st Amendment issue. Particularly "abridge the freedom of speech".
Where the federal government is prohibited from taking action to limit speech.
Which is exactly what they did.

It sure as hell did. Telling privately owned companies to censor their customers is a clear violation of the First Amendment. Only a fucking NAZI would deny that.

You are the fucking Nazi who attacks free speech rights., You want to use social media to plot against this country you seditious traitor.

Or something in between. Seriously, you guys only ever have crackpot horseshit. The sad thing is - you're probably right about some of it. But for fuck's sake, stop leading with crazy. It's not helping anything. Try to find some normal sounding people to make your case. Alex Jones wannabes doesn't cut it.
It's frustrating. I agree with them, at least to some degree, on several things. But they're all running around like they're auditioning for a talk radio show, just tossing out the goofiest shit they can come up with, and then they all believe it. They're not even TRYING to be rational at this point, and they're backing absolute fucking clowns.

They're just off in their little world. I don't get it.

Why?
Because, if true, the Twitter data dump 3 showed where the FBI had close to 100 agents pointing out tweets they wanted removed. Many of them Twitter removed. The person in charge of content had numerous emails back and forth from members of the FBI and the White House. And she literally said "I am looking forward to working with you".

THAT - is where it is a 1st Amendment issue. Particularly "abridge the freedom of speech".
Demonstrate that this was done in an official capacity, or by an officer of the FBI, or in some organized way, and you'll have my attention.

If there was actual control, I'd like to see that. If this was some rogue assholes, I'd like to see that too.

I don't ask for much. I'm just not into the partisan righteous indignation drama queen jumping to conclusions stuff. Sorry.

Why?

Which they did not do.

Many of them but not all of them. Your premise goes out the door. The FBI has every right to inform twitter of potential violations of policy.

Twitter REPEATEDLY told the FBI they found NO FOREIGN SHIT that needed to be addressed.

THATS what's wrong with it.

The FBI has the right to contact social media about their concerns. I have a right to contact them and express my concerns about posts. If twitter was being controlled by the FBI then how did twitter say no?

The FBI has the right to contact social media about their concerns. I have a right to contact them and express my concerns about posts. If twitter was being controlled by the FBI then how did twitter say no?
No they don't, NAZI. Twitter didn't say "no." Even if it did say "no," the First Amendment doesn't say government can violate Freedom of Speech some of the time.

The FBI does not run a social media site so they can censor no one.
/——-/ Well, apparently you have no idea what happens when the FBI calls and tells a company to do something. But, It seems you’re just making excuses for them because you approve of their actions.

Forum List

Back