Will Killers or Gang Bangers follow gun control laws?

Will gun control laws keep criminals from obtaining guns?

• Total voters
Apparently today is Stupid Poll Day. Not a manner of whether they will follow gun control laws or they don't --- NRA Sucker.

But if they're guilty of a felony and can't go to Armslist or any of a dozen other sites or a gun show in around 22 states and buy from an unlicensed seller .. it will make it tougher on them to find their preferred implement of destruction.

That is already a law. Do you think that banning a weapon is going to stop school shootings or what? Answer the question or GTFO.

I already answered that stupid question in Murky's poll. And NO - that is NOT already a law. In around half the states, a convicted felon can go online or to a show and buy a gun from an unlicensed dealer with no BG check.

Time to stroke another check to cover Wayne's 4 million dollar bonus - GO! :)

NOT legally they can't. It is against the law for a felon to own a weapon already. Yet, they still do! Go figure!
Sure because the market is flooded with guns. There’s zero regulations. It’s almost as if the system is designed so that flooding the markets..... of course they are gun manufacurers. Any company wants to sell more not less.

It should be a big deal when you buy sell or lose a gun. Somethings wrong and the NRA doesn’t want to fix it
.The NRA is getting on board, but of course they are staunch advocates for ours (the good citizens), gun rights.

They will do their part, but everyone else has got to do their part as well. No one way street here.

Apparently today is Stupid Poll Day. Not a manner of whether they will follow gun control laws or they don't --- NRA Sucker.

But if they're guilty of a felony and can't go to Armslist or any of a dozen other sites or a gun show in around 22 states and buy from an unlicensed seller .. it will make it tougher on them to find their preferred implement of destruction.

That is already a law. Do you think that banning a weapon is going to stop school shootings or what? Answer the question or GTFO.

I already answered that stupid question in Murky's poll. And NO - that is NOT already a law. In around half the states, a convicted felon can go online or to a show and buy a gun from an unlicensed dealer with no BG check.

Time to stroke another check to cover Wayne's 4 million dollar bonus - GO! :)

NOT legally they can't. It is against the law for a felon to own a weapon already. Yet, they still do! Go figure!
Sure because the market is flooded with guns. There’s zero regulations. It’s almost as if the system is designed so that flooding the markets..... of course they are gun manufacurers. Any company wants to sell more not less.

It should be a big deal when you buy sell or lose a gun. Somethings wrong and the nra doesn’t want to fix it

The NRA is a special interest group that is concerned with protecting the 2A from government intrusion. That is all. They are not responsible for what gun manufacturers do or what is going on in the black market. That doesn't have anything to do with the NRA.

Yeah......like felons aren't already obtaining firearms even though they aren't allowed by law to have them.
And, any criminals already in possession of firearms will not turn them in, it just makes them happier if they know they won't be up against armed citizens when they break into your homes.

Criminals don't care about the law, they only care about not getting caught for breaking it.

The question I'd like to ask is, can Congress create law that infringe our right?

The answer is - NO.

There are no rights. There are only privileges society thinks you should have. Any fool who thinks he has "Rights' needs to look up "Japanese-Americans, 1942"

The real question is, will the 78% of us who don't own guns and have no use for them get sick and tired of the 3% who are stockpiling guns like the Zombies are coming? (Somewhere in between there are 18% who own maybe one gun, and aren't fanatics about it. They don't want their kids going to school with Nikolas Cruz, either.)

If they don't like guns, fine... two thirds of both houses of Congress, propose the amendment, have it ratified by three fourths of the States and amend the Constitution. Stop treating Constitution like shit by going around it.

Again, WE DON'T NEED TO DO THAT. "Well Regulated Militia". That means the government can determine who can buy a gun, what kind of gun he can own, and if he has a real need for it.

The bizarre interpretation that gun ownership was a "right" is a relatively new one.

The NRA is a special interest group that is concerned with protecting the 2A from government intrusion. That is all. They are not responsible for what gun manufacturers do or what is going on in the black market. That doesn't have anything to do with the NRA.

Okay, Crazy Cat Lady, the Gun Manufacturers took over the NRA a long time ago.

The NRA USED to be for common sense gun control, until it got taken over by the nuts.

The NRA once supported gun control

For nearly a century after, its founding in 1871, the National Rifle Association was among America’s foremost pro-gun control organizations. It was not until 1977 when the NRA that Americans know today emerged, after libertarians who equated owning a gun with the epitome of freedom and fomented widespread distrust against government—if not armed insurrection—emerged after staging a hostile leadership coup.

In the years since, an NRA that once encouraged better markmanship and reasonable gun control laws gave way to an advocacy organization and political force that saw more guns as the answer to society’s worst violence, whether arming commercial airline pilots after 9/11 or teachers after the Newtown, while opposing new restrictions on gun usage.

(Snip)

In the 1920s and 1930s, the NRA’s leaders helped write and lobby for the first federal gun control laws—the very kinds of laws that the modern NRA labels as the height of tryanny. The 17th Amendment outlawing alchohol became law in 1920 and was soon followed by the emergence of big city gangsters who outgunned the police by killing rivals with sawed-off shotguns and machine guns—today called automatic weapons.

But no new federal gun control laws came until 1968. The assassinations of civil rights leader Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Sen. Robert F. Kennedy were the tipping point, coming after several summers of race-related riots in American cities. The nation’s white political elite feared that violence was too prevalent and there were too many people—especially urban Black nationalists—with access to guns. In May 1967, two dozen Black Panther Party members walked into the California Statehouse carrying rifles to protest a gun-control bill, prompting then-Gov. Ronald Reagan to comment, “There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”

Okay, Crazy Cat Lady, the Gun Manufacturers took over the NRA a long time ago.

The NRA USED to be for common sense gun control, until it got taken over by the nuts.

The NRA once supported gun control

For nearly a century after, its founding in 1871, the National Rifle Association was among America’s foremost pro-gun control organizations. It was not until 1977 when the NRA that Americans know today emerged, after libertarians who equated owning a gun with the epitome of freedom and fomented widespread distrust against government—if not armed insurrection—emerged after staging a hostile leadership coup.

In the years since, an NRA that once encouraged better markmanship and reasonable gun control laws gave way to an advocacy organization and political force that saw more guns as the answer to society’s worst violence, whether arming commercial airline pilots after 9/11 or teachers after the Newtown, while opposing new restrictions on gun usage.

(Snip)

In the 1920s and 1930s, the NRA’s leaders helped write and lobby for the first federal gun control laws—the very kinds of laws that the modern NRA labels as the height of tryanny. The 17th Amendment outlawing alchohol became law in 1920 and was soon followed by the emergence of big city gangsters who outgunned the police by killing rivals with sawed-off shotguns and machine guns—today called automatic weapons.

But no new federal gun control laws came until 1968. The assassinations of civil rights leader Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Sen. Robert F. Kennedy were the tipping point, coming after several summers of race-related riots in American cities. The nation’s white political elite feared that violence was too prevalent and there were too many people—especially urban Black nationalists—with access to guns. In May 1967, two dozen Black Panther Party members walked into the California Statehouse carrying rifles to protest a gun-control bill, prompting then-Gov. Ronald Reagan to comment, “There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”

We are very VERY happy to have the NRA on OUR team. :) We are already aware of why dishonest scums like you want to discredit a very GREAT organization. I guess they see what we see going on in the government and they don't like either.

Again, the NRA has nothing to do with the manufacturers. They do not manufacture weapons. Neither do they sell weapons on the black market. My post stands.

Look, if Joe hates the NRA that just means it's a really great organization. I'm sure everyone knows that. Joe is the OPPOSITE of everything that is good. Keep that in mind, USMB posters and readers.

We are very VERY happy to have the NRA on OUR team. :) We are already aware of why dishonest scums like you want to discredit a very GREAT organization. I guess they see what we see going on in the government and they don't like either.

Again, the NRA has nothing to do with the manufacturers. They do not manufacture weapons. Neither do they sell weapons on the black market. My post stands.

No, Crazy Cat Lady, the gun manufacturers RUN the NRA. Do a little research, will you?

How The Gun Industry Funnels Tens Of Millions Of Dollars To The NRA

Since 2005, the gun industry and its corporate allies have given between $20 million and $52.6 million to it through the NRA Ring of Freedom sponsor program. Donors include firearm companies like Midway USA, Springfield Armory Inc, Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, and Beretta USA Corporation. Other supporters from the gun industry include Cabala's, Sturm Rugar & Co, and Smith & Wesson.

The NRA also made $20.9 million — about 10 percent of its revenue — from selling advertising to industry companies marketing products in its many publications in 2010, according to the IRS Form 990.

You see, here's the thing. Much like the beverage industry realizing that most of its sales are to alcoholics, the gun industry realizes their prime market are the gun nuts who stockpile weapons like the Zombies are coming. They aren't marketing to the 78% of us who don't want a gun in our house or the 18% who bought a gun, maybe took it to a range a couple of times and put it in the closet and forgot about it.

Their market is the 3% of nuts who own half the guns in the country and want more. That and keeping the cops scared and wanting more guns, too, because 40% of gun sales are still to government agencies.

No, Crazy Cat Lady, the gun manufacturers RUN the NRA. Do a little research, will you?

How The Gun Industry Funnels Tens Of Millions Of Dollars To The NRA

Since 2005, the gun industry and its corporate allies have given between $20 million and $52.6 million to it through the NRA Ring of Freedom sponsor program. Donors include firearm companies like Midway USA, Springfield Armory Inc, Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, and Beretta USA Corporation. Other supporters from the gun industry include Cabala's, Sturm Rugar & Co, and Smith & Wesson.

The NRA also made $20.9 million — about 10 percent of its revenue — from selling advertising to industry companies marketing products in its many publications in 2010, according to the IRS Form 990.

You see, here's the thing. Much like the beverage industry realizing that most of its sales are to alcoholics, the gun industry realizes their prime market are the gun nuts who stockpile weapons like the Zombies are coming. They aren't marketing to the 78% of us who don't want a gun in our house or the 18% who bought a gun, maybe took it to a range a couple of times and put it in the closet and forgot about it.

Their market is the 3% of nuts who own half the guns in the country and want more. That and keeping the cops scared and wanting more guns, too, because 40% of gun sales are still to government agencies.

Nope, most of the donations the NRA receives are small and from private citizens.

Still happy to have the NRA on the side of GOOD, which is our side, the pro rights side. Don't listen to the evil liberals who want to disarm you, while MILLIONS of criminals will still be armed, as well as our racist, black man murdering government. Go NRA!!! Go me! :D

Well, murder is banned, and murders happen every single day, so I would say NOPE. The purpose of laws against murder are to punish the murderer, not to prevent the murders. Don't be dense.

What we need, aside from banning Moonglow, is to pass a law to force people to obey the laws.

That'll work, lol.

Still happy to have the NRA on the side of GOOD, which is our side, the pro rights side. Don't listen to the evil liberals who want to disarm you, while MILLIONS of criminals will still be armed, as well as our racist, black man murdering government. Go NRA!!! Go me!

You must really be wetting your panties, because this one might be the one that finally gets people to say, "Enough".

someone finally yelled, "the Emperor has no Clothes"

Nope, most of the donations the NRA receives are small and from private citizens.

Which doesn't mean they are calling the shots.

Just like the GOP has lots of "small donors', but you know it's the billionaires who get their calls picked up.

I'm sorry you just don't understand how this works.

All you need to know is . . . The NRA has the BEST lawyers. They have YUGE success rates. :D

Still happy to have the NRA on the side of GOOD, which is our side, the pro rights side. Don't listen to the evil liberals who want to disarm you, while MILLIONS of criminals will still be armed, as well as our racist, black man murdering government. Go NRA!!! Go me!

You must really be wetting your panties, because this one might be the one that finally gets people to say, "Enough".

someone finally yelled, "the Emperor has no Clothes"

Whatever that means. The fact of the matter is, you say that things have gotten SO dangerous that we MUST ban weapons, then you say I must be paranoid for wanting to own a weapon for self defense. Then you say that the cops are racist pigs who hate black people and murder them because they are racists. Then you say to trust the police to defend me.

ROFL. I'm sorry but you are just stupid or evil. There is no other explanation. *shrugs*

All you need to know is . . . The NRA has the BEST lawyers. They have YUGE success rates.

Actually, the rest of the country is getting sick of the NRA. Corporations are cutting their ties with it.

Whatever that means. The fact of the matter is, you say that things have gotten SO dangerous that we MUST ban weapons, then you say I must be paranoid for wanting to own a weapon for self defense.

No, I think the picture you post kind of shows you to be nuts. You couldn't do a selfy that doesn't make you look like you need to be medicated?

But on a serious note, yeah, 32,000 gun deaths a year show that things have gotten bad. This Parkland thing is a guy who was obviously crazy being able to get a gun with no problem, and killing a bunch of people with it.

Then you say that the cops are racist pigs who hate black people and murder them because they are racists. Then you say to trust the police to defend me.

Actually, I've never said all cops were "Racist pigs". Some of them are, no doubt. Most cops are good guys doing a difficult job under difficult circumstances. And then you have your 1% of them who are your Van Dykes, your Loehmanns, your Wilsons, bullies with badges and guns who should have picked something else on career day.

I don't really expect the police to defend you. I think you make the country less dangerous by making it harder for the bad guys to commit mayhem.

Again- The rest of the world has figured this out.

If guns and prisons were the answer, we'd have the lowest crime rates in the industrialized world, not the highest.

All you need to know is . . . The NRA has the BEST lawyers. They have YUGE success rates.

Actually, the rest of the country is getting sick of the NRA. Corporations are cutting their ties with it.

Whatever that means. The fact of the matter is, you say that things have gotten SO dangerous that we MUST ban weapons, then you say I must be paranoid for wanting to own a weapon for self defense.

No, I think the picture you post kind of shows you to be nuts. You couldn't do a selfy that doesn't make you look like you need to be medicated?

But on a serious note, yeah, 32,000 gun deaths a year show that things have gotten bad. This Parkland thing is a guy who was obviously crazy being able to get a gun with no problem, and killing a bunch of people with it.

Then you say that the cops are racist pigs who hate black people and murder them because they are racists. Then you say to trust the police to defend me.

Actually, I've never said all cops were "Racist pigs". Some of them are, no doubt. Most cops are good guys doing a difficult job under difficult circumstances. And then you have your 1% of them who are your Van Dykes, your Loehmanns, your Wilsons, bullies with badges and guns who should have picked something else on career day.

I don't really expect the police to defend you. I think you make the country less dangerous by making it harder for the bad guys to commit mayhem.

If guns and prisons were the answer, we'd have the lowest crime rates in the industrialized world, not the highest.

NRA membership will be spiking as well as donations, of course.

The only people you are making things harder for are the people who are law abiding. Your laws don't affect criminals and murderers.

You are the ones who created an atmosphere of distrust of law and police. *shrugs*

Forum List

Back