Will Obama explain and justify to us why he bombs Syria BEFORE he does it?

Don't the Iraq warmongers here want to "liberate" the millions of Syrian people?

lol, yeah, some of you almost forgot that was one of their other excuses for wanting to get 4000+ Americans needlessly killed.

I guess liberating the Middle East has lost its charm on the Right.

Are you upset that Americans are no longer in favor of dropping bombs and killing scores of innocent people in countries that have nothing to do with us?

No I'm laughing my ass off at all the rightwing nuts who deliriously supported Bush's disaster in Iraq from start to finish,

using every excuse in the book to justify it, and throwing fits and tantrums and fainting spells at anyone who disagreed with them,

who are NOW devout isolationist peaceniks who think that the idea of Obama acting anything like Bush would suddenly be the crime of the century.

The best part of it? It is no surprise whatsoever, to anyone who knows these rightwing imbeciles.

Some people learn from mistakes. Will you be able to pull it off ?

Don't the Iraq warmongers here want to "liberate" the millions of Syrian people?

lol, yeah, some of you almost forgot that was one of their other excuses for wanting to get 4000+ Americans needlessly killed.

Are you upset that Americans are no longer in favor of dropping bombs and killing scores of innocent people in countries that have nothing to do with us?

No I'm laughing my ass off at all the rightwing nuts who deliriously supported Bush's disaster in Iraq from start to finish,

using every excuse in the book to justify and throwing fits and tantrums and fainting spells at anyone who disagreed with them,

who are NOW devout isolationist peaceniks who think that the idea of Obama acting anything like Bush would suddenly be the crime of the century.

The best part of it? It is no surprise whatsoever, to anyone who knows these rightwing imbeciles.

I think (when it comes to the right) here are your old Republicans (who are just as corrupt as the Dems in my book) and there is a new sort of pseudo libertarian, anti Fed gov't movement that is just starting to take off (ie readers of the Drudge Report).

The latter group deals in quite a bit more common sense, and (I think) are largely behind the anti-war sentiment you're hearing right now.

The Republicans in Congress right now (aka John McCain) seem to be a-ok with the imminent war - don't you agree?

using every excuse in the book to justify it, and throwing fits and tantrums and fainting spells at anyone who disagreed with them,

Ahhhhhhh, those golden, olden dayz;

The case against President Bush is simple. He sold us his tax cuts as a boon for the economy, but more than three years later, he has driven the economy into the ground. He sold us a war in Iraq as a necessity to protect the United States against weapons of mass destruction, but after spending $200 billion and nearly 1,000 American lives, and after searching the country for more than a year, we've found no such weapons.

Opposing Bush becomes unpatriotic. - Slate Magazine

using every excuse in the book to justify and throwing fits and tantrums and fainting spells at anyone who disagreed with them,

I think (when it comes to the right) here are your old Republicans (who are just as corrupt as the Dems in my book) and there is a new sort of pseudo libertarian, anti Fed gov't movement that is just starting to take off (ie readers of the Drudge Report).

The latter group deals in quite a bit more common sense, and (I think) are largely behind the anti-war sentiment you're hearing right now.

The Republicans in Congress right now (aka John McCain) seem to be a-ok with the imminent war - don't you agree?

McCain and Graham certainly burned rubber(s) to go to Egypt early this month to try and get the Egyptian military to release Morsi.

He said you were an unbiased, objective, non-partisan critical thinker.

Senator Obama is on record as threatening Bush with Congressional action if he unilaterally attacked Iran. I guess that was different right?

Obama is on the record as threatening Bush with a lot of things that Obama did.

Yes, why of course, then he became president and his bosses told him how it was going to work.

Except for the ones who still defend invading Iraq.

I haven't made a mistake since I supported the 1991 war.

Except for the ones who still defend invading Iraq.

I haven't made a mistake since I supported the 1991 war.

Yea, but like I mentioned all of the more prominent Republicans in Congress seem to be supporting this military action.

It's the new conservative movement that seems to be largely against intervention.

The best result out of this latest obumble fiasco is that it truly blows up and becomes major warfare. While in the short term it would be incredibly painful with a huge loss of life, the good that will come of it will be to end democrat aspirations for generations to come.

However, obama intends only to drop a few bombs as a bandaid to his wounded pride for saying something so stupid as his red line in the first place.

The real comeuppance will happen when he goes to Russia for the G8 and finds himself completely marginalized and put back in his hidey hole.

Senator Obama is on record as threatening Bush with Congressional action if he unilaterally attacked Iran. I guess that was different right?

Obama is on the record as threatening Bush with a lot of things that Obama did.

Yes, why of course, then he became president and his bosses told him how it was going to work.

That you believe the President has no power is of course why you want to limitlessly expand the power of government.

I'm a libertarian, because I recognize that which cannot be controlled should be minimized.

You're a liberal because you don't even listen to yourself when you on the rare occasion make a lucid observation.

Will he offer evidence to support actions of war?

He already has.

See? That's what you get for watching fux and listening to limbaugh.

Well, using gas Assad pretty much forces him to do something. In 1991, I suspected we sent mixed messages to Saddam before his invasion of Kuwait. I think it was pretty well established the Kuwatiees (-: were slant drilling into Iraq's oil reserves. There were legal remedies for that. I never got the feeling that BushI's state dept clearly conveyed the notion that invasion to gain territory was verbotten post WWII. Still, once Saddam crossed the Rubicon so to speak, we can differ as to sanctions alone would sway him. I think BushI was right in deciding sanctions were a fool's errand.

Last edited:

Big fucking difference Bub, Bush got Congress to approve it. Including a Senate run by Democrats. Obama plans not to even mention it to Congress, in direct conflict with his stated opinion as a Senator when he threatened Congressional action if Bush attacked Iran with out Congressional Approval.

can we all say HYPOCRITES?

Will he offer evidence to support actions of war?

Does it really matter? even if he deigns to offer up "evidence", he'll just lie about it like he does everything else. Personally I'd just prefer he just do whatever it is he's going to do and keep his mouth shut about it.
Speaks for me.

Although I held my nose and voted for him in 2007 I've grown tired of listening to his duplicitous bullshit and I'm anxious to be rid of him.

Big fucking difference Bub, Bush got Congress to approve it. Including a Senate run by Democrats. Obama plans not to even mention it to Congress, in direct conflict with his stated opinion as a Senator when he threatened Congressional action if Bush attacked Iran with out Congressional Approval.

can we all say HYPOCRITES?

Oh right, that's the difference, lolol. jeezus

Didn't want us then and don't want us now.

You though want it, if it is your guy wanting it.

Will Obama explain and justify to us why he bombs Syria BEFORE he does it?

It just occurred to me.... had we continuously ask for permission, explain every movement and shared every single action in WWII ... like we unfortunately do these days ......we would have lost the war. Simple as that.

Too many cooks in the kitchen. :mad:

Forum List

Back