Will Obama explain and justify to us why he bombs Syria BEFORE he does it?

Don't the Iraq warmongers here want to "liberate" the millions of Syrian people?

lol, yeah, some of you almost forgot that was one of their other excuses for wanting to get 4000+ Americans needlessly killed.

I guess liberating the Middle East has lost its charm on the Right.

Its amazing to see lib compassion over wmd deaths while O is prez. While you're keeping score, 59,000 americans died in vietnam under lbj.

It just occurred to me.... had we continuously ask for permission, explain every movement and shared every single action in WWII ... like we unfortunately do these days ......we would have lost the war. Simple as that.

Too many cooks in the kitchen. :mad:

The president did come beforr the people and gave his very famous Day of Infamy speech.

obama has so much contempt for the country, its people and its congress that he doesn't think its necessary. His desires are enough.

It just occurred to me.... had we continuously ask for permission, explain every movement and shared every single action in WWII ... like we unfortunately do these days ......we would have lost the war. Simple as that.

The president did come beforr the people and gave his very famous Day of Infamy speech.

obama has so much contempt for the country, its people and its congress that he doesn't think its necessary. His desires are enough.

I know what you say .... I don't like the man either!

Only in this particular case of Syria ..... only this time alone.....I think he and the international community are doing the right thing.

Of course we aren't doing the right thing. We are supporting terrorists. obama is on the same side as the people who flew planes into our buildings and killed the Americans in Benghazi.

I know what you say .... I don't like the man either!

Only in this particular case of Syria ..... only this time alone.....I think he and the international community are doing the right thing.

In your geo-political analysis, Congo and the Sudan didn't count. But Syria does.....:eusa_shifty:.

WWII was a war with a Declaration of War made against us and by us. Obama wants to fight this war with no comment from Congress. By the war powers act he has 30 days from committing forces to notify Congress and 90 days to either get Congressional approval or stop the fighting and pull out.

Bush once again got an act passed by Congress authorizing force against Iraq and Afghanistan. He kept getting Congressional support the entire time he was President while those two areas had our troops in them.

Both Biden and Obama as Senators threatened to rouse Congressional action if Bush attacked Iran with out consent from Congress. Obama has stated he has no intent to ask or tell Congress anything.

Will he offer evidence to support actions of war?

Does it really matter? even if he deigns to offer up "evidence", he'll just lie about it like he does everything else. Personally I'd just prefer he just do whatever it is he's going to do and keep his mouth shut about it.
Speaks for me.

Although I held my nose and voted for him in 2007 I've grown tired of listening to his duplicitous bullshit and I'm anxious to be rid of him.

Don't feel bad about it my friend, the guy he was running against in 2008 was just as dishonest and corrupt, so you were in a no-win situation. Look on the bright side, at least you can tell your grandchildren you voted for the first African-American President. :)

Of course we aren't doing the right thing. We are supporting terrorists. obama is on the same side as the people who flew planes into our buildings and killed the Americans in Benghazi.

Again... I understand...but a clear message must be sent to Syria that the use of WMD is not acceptable and should be punished in some way....otherwise the gates of hell are left open and Heaven only knows what other countries in the region, and perhaps all over the world, will do next.

I may be wrong, but that's how I feel at the moment.

Again... I understand...but a clear message must be sent to Syria that the use of WMD is not acceptable and should be punished in some way....otherwise the gates of hell are left open and Heaven only knows what other countries in the region, and perhaps all over the world, will do next.

Can't we just send them a really, really, REALLY nasty email? It seems more reasonable than killing more innocent Syrians with cruise missiles. :dunno:

Can't we just send them a really, really, REALLY nasty email? It seems more reasonable than killing more innocent Syrians with cruise missiles. :dunno:

go ahead and send one :rolleyes:

:dunno:

Conservatives have no right to whine about the US attacking a country over WMD. You guys do get to shut up, however. You're welcome for this generosity.

The War Powers Resolution of 1973 (50 U.S.C. 1541-1548)[1] is a federal law intended to check the president's power to commit the United States to an armed conflict without the consent of Congress. The resolution was adopted in the form of a United States Congress joint resolution; this provides that the President can send U.S. armed forces into action abroad only by authorization of Congress or in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces."

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war. The resolution was passed by two-thirds of Congress, overriding a presidential veto. The War Powers Resolution has been violated in the past by President Reagan in regards to the aid to the Contras in Nicaragua and by President Clinton in 1999, during the bombing campaign in Kosovo. All incidents have had congressional disapproval, but none have had any successful legal actions taken against the president for violations.[2][3] All presidents since 1973 have declared their belief that the act is unconstitutional. [4][5]

War Powers Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki I know but it was the quickest source.

So it appears people are right, unless we are directly attacked the President can not send forces into conflict without approval of Congress. The glaring problem is that the 2 times it was violated NOTHING was done about it.

Now lets assume Obama orders forces to engage with out Congressional authority... can any of you see the Senate doing anything against Obama for it?

Don't the Iraq warmongers here want to "liberate" the millions of Syrian people?

lol, yeah, some of you almost forgot that was one of their other excuses for wanting to get 4000+ Americans needlessly killed.

I guess liberating the Middle East has lost its charm on the Right.

The fact is that Obama is following neocon foreign policy just like Bush.

Why is it that democrats defend it?

There's no real difference between a neocon and a democrat.

O must seek congressional approval if we are launching missiles against syria. There is no direct threat against the us.
Especially when the participants on both sides are sworn enemies of the United States...

Obama has painted himself into a corner...I predict HE will ignore Constitutional construct and just DO. And when he does? Look out...the calls will come for his impeachment. (Just as Joe Biden threatened GW Bush with...and Bush went to the people and the Congress and secured consent).

O must seek congressional approval if we are launching missiles against syria. There is no direct threat against the us.
Especially when the participants on both sides are sworn enemies of the United States...

Obama has painted himself into a corner...I predict HE will ignore Constitutional construct and just DO. And when he does? Look out...the calls will come for his impeachment. (Just as Joe Biden threatened GW Bush with...and Bush went to the people and the Congress and secured consent).

Bush went and secured congressional approval however, I never bought into iraq being a threat to the us. I would have used sh as a hedge to iran. We see now where those weapons are.....syria.

Bush went and secured congressional approval however, I never bought into iraq being a threat to the us. I would have used sh as a hedge to iran. We see now where those weapons are.....syria.

I agree. They (WMD's) were taken out by the Russian Spetnaz [special forces], before we got there and taken into the Bekaa Valley in Syria.

Not only does Assad have them...I'll be willing to bet the al-Queida folks have them too...the place is a mess. WE don't need to be there.

Forum List

Back