Will Republican women applaud the right to an abortion being taken away from them?

the rich and elite will continue to have abortions ...as will most women.....women have aborted since they figured out how..that wont stop...
Prior to Roe v Wade, some states allowed abortion, some banned it
It would revert to that

Women who can afford to go to another states or Canada can still get abortions
Exactly. The prediction is about 20 states in flyover country will make it illegal. Of course with advances in pharmaceutical intervention, bans may not be an issue for the affluent in many of those states.

But to the OP's question. What do you think the effect of those states making abortion "illegal" will have in terms of who gets elected?

the rich and elite will continue to have abortions ...as will most women.....women have aborted since they figured out how..that wont stop...
It would revert to that

Exactly. The prediction is about 20 states in flyover country will make it illegal. Of course with advances in pharmaceutical intervention, bans may not be an issue for the affluent in many of those states.

But to the OP's question. What do you think the effect of those states making abortion "illegal" will have in terms of who gets elected?
I doubt even 20 would abolish abortion.

It would revert to that

I doubt even 20 would abolish abortion.
Taking a guess, Ind, Kent, Tenn, NC, Miss, Ala, GA, SC, LA, Ark, Iowa, Missouri, Kans, Neb, Ok,, Tex, ND, SD, Wyo, Mont, Utah and Idaho

5 of those border Colo though. And another 5 border, or come close, to Ill.

Consider the effect of the filibuster though. A maj in the House would favor a natl ban.

I thought Roe was a horrible decision but not because I'm pro or anti abortion. I thought taking the issue out of public voting was horrible.

Soon, we will have another radical right wing judge.

Roe versus Wade is very close to being taken away from women as a right. After all, Trump said women who get an abortion should be punished.

Will losing this woman's right be OK to women in the US?

Should women be punished for getting an abortion?

What is it you think women will do? Celebrate?
you don't even know what it means. Try doing some research first. Man you are ignorant.
I don't know what Abortion means?

Roe versus Wade is very close to being taken away from women as a right. After all, Trump said women who get an abortion should be punished.

Jesus... jump the gun much? Abortion isn't going away.cupcake.

you don't even know what it means. Try doing some research first. Man you are ignorant.

He's the board idiot.

A certain percent of Republican women will. Yes.

As well as some democrat women. I mean, you're all for multiple points of view, right? Would hate to think you'd insist that your women all think the same way you do.

A certain percent of Republican women will. Yes.

As well as some democrat women. I mean, you're all for multiple points of view, right? Would hate to think you'd insist that your women all think the same way you do.

Yes of course some will, and I'd say so on a thread titled "Will Democrat Women....." you get the picture.

I think the choice is too personal for me to decide for any woman. For some, the choice will haunt them for the rest of their lives. But at least they have the choice.

In a way I think it might be a good idea for the dems to get out of the way. It seems to me they've been spending political capital protecting RW reactionaries from exposing themselves. Europe has had drug induced abortions for over a decade. We'll have half the states that would make it illegal seeing women travelling to a next door state. Let corporations run by Christian fundies not provide gynecological healthcare insurance to workers.

Good luck attracting a Toyota plant or something with that.

In a way I think it might be a good idea for the dems to get out of the way. It seems to me they've been spending political capital protecting RW reactionaries from exposing themselves. Europe has had drug induced abortions for over a decade. We'll have half the states that would make it illegal seeing women travelling to a next door state. Let corporations run by Christian fundies not provide gynecological healthcare insurance to workers.

A modern country doesn't do well as a theocracy. Look at Iran.

Roe v. Wade will never be overturned even if the SC had all super conservative judges.

The fact is the the Repug leadership - including Trump - has never wanted to make abortion illegal. It's just been a talking point to dup the religious right into voting for them.

The fact is that we now have an abortion based economy. People can't afford to have kids until their in at least their mid twenties. Employers demand enormous amounts of education and job skill before they're willing to pay enough for people to support kids.

If you made abortion illegal there'd be millions of teenage parents (like there used to be - since the beginning of time). When these young parents found that they & their kids are gonna live in abject poverty - you'll have a serious revolution.

Hmmmm. Didn’t know murder was a “right.” It’s allowed by law because of a piss poor decision in 1973.

A modern country doesn't do well as a theocracy. Look at Iran.
Yes. It's just that I've thought for a long time that the dems' insistence on JUDICIAL enforcement things like minority-maj voting districts, abortion, mandated coverage of certain things in insurance .... allow idiots to avoid the consequences of being idiots.

Hmmmm. Didn’t know murder was a “right.” It’s allowed by law because of a piss poor decision in 1973.
I rest my case, Dean.

Forum List

Back