Will Republicans ever admit the mess they left President Obama?

And as far as that job approval goes?

Back in 2008 and 2009 he had job approval numbers of nearly 70% ...now he's down below 50% and you consider that to be something to crow about? His "strong disapproval" numbers were down in the low teens back then and now they are hovering around 40%. Sorry, Faun but I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
Who knows what your point is? Reagan too had a job approval close to 70% in his first year. He was still where Obama is today at this same point in his presidency.

What's laughable about this post, R-Derp...is how it manages to totally ignore what's taken place for the last seven and a half years. The "indoctrination" that's on display here is the Progressive mantra that big government is the answer to all our problems! When far left liberals were given political power...the legislation that they pushed through simply didn't work and now you're forced to spend all of your time blaming Bush for Barry's shortcomings...like it was W. that gave us Solyndra, Fast & Furious, the GM bailout, Shovel Ready Jobs, the "JV team", an Affordable Care Act that isn't affordable for the Middle Class, Benghazi, the Iran nuclear deal, Russian aggression and the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history!
Yeah, I guess that's why Obama's job approval is the same as Reagan's at this point in his presidency, according to Gallup.
thumbsup.gif

All that proves is that you folks on the left have so much invested in Barry's "success" that you're willing to approve of him even when he's underachieved at every turn, Faun. You'll spend the next twenty years pushing the Obama "myth" that he was a great President even as his successors struggle to fix all of the things that he's messed up.
Ummm... Liberals only comprise a mere ¼ of the population. Clearly, Obama enjoys success from many moderates and even some conservatives as well.

But thanks for admitting you'll make up any bullshit to prop up your vacuous positions.
thumbsup.gif
Much appreciated.

What's amusing is that the only "success" Barry seems to be enjoying at the moment is his job approval, Faun. What else is working for him? Can you name an economic plan to put people back to work that he's the author of? Can you name a spot on the globe that isn't more of a problem NOW than it was when George W. Bush left office? Can you name an Administration was less transparent than this one? Can you name a President who has fostered more of a partisan divide than this one?
You've already admitted you make up bullshit to prop up your positions.

At any rate, the unemployment rate is 5.0%; compared to 5.7% at this same point in Reagan's presidency.

Success!

What success? What did DumBama have to do with job creation? Nothing. If anything, he impeded job creation.

Plus there's a difference between new bad paying jobs and new good paying jobs.

I love it when you on the left give Obama credit for anything positive that happened on his watch even though he had nothing to do with them...like the price of energy coming down because fracking tech allowed us to produce much more oil and natural gas...but immediately blame Bush or the GOP for any Obama shortcomings.

Yeah, I guess that's why Obama's job approval is the same as Reagan's at this point in his presidency, according to Gallup.
thumbsup.gif

All that proves is that you folks on the left have so much invested in Barry's "success" that you're willing to approve of him even when he's underachieved at every turn, Faun. You'll spend the next twenty years pushing the Obama "myth" that he was a great President even as his successors struggle to fix all of the things that he's messed up.
Ummm... Liberals only comprise a mere ¼ of the population. Clearly, Obama enjoys success from many moderates and even some conservatives as well.

But thanks for admitting you'll make up any bullshit to prop up your vacuous positions.
thumbsup.gif
Much appreciated.

What's amusing is that the only "success" Barry seems to be enjoying at the moment is his job approval, Faun. What else is working for him? Can you name an economic plan to put people back to work that he's the author of? Can you name a spot on the globe that isn't more of a problem NOW than it was when George W. Bush left office? Can you name an Administration was less transparent than this one? Can you name a President who has fostered more of a partisan divide than this one?

At any rate, the unemployment rate is 5.0%; compared to 5.7% at this same point in Reagan's presidency.

Success!

What has Barry done to bring down unemployment? He's overseen the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history! The US economy has managed to scratch and claw it's way back DESPITE the ACA which was a jobs killer and Obama's total lack of a plan to grow jobs or the economy for much of the past six years!
His policies, like all presidents, either help or hinder job growth. I doubt it's possible to identify which policies helped or hurt. Same holds true with Reagan.

Back in 2008 and 2009 he had job approval numbers of nearly 70% ...now he's down below 50% and you consider that to be something to crow about? His "strong disapproval" numbers were down in the low teens back then and now they are hovering around 40%. Sorry, Faun but I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
Who knows what your point is? Reagan too had a job approval close to 70% in his first year. He was still where Obama is today at this same point in his presidency.

Reagan's approval rating started out around 50% and then dropped to around 40% because of the way he addressed the Stagflation left behind by Jimmy Carter led to high unemployment initially. By his third year in office his economic policies were leading to steady job growth and economic growth and his approval ratings kept going up until they reached the 70% levels you refer to.

Reagan's approval ratings took a major hit at this time in his second term because of the Iran-Contra scandal but had returned to 60% by the end of his Presidency. Why? Because Reagan's economic policies WORKED and people knew it. Don't hold your breath waiting for a last year Barry surge...he doesn't have any economic policies in place to improve the economy or create jobs...he's running out the string and doesn't even care at this point.

thumbsup.gif
Much appreciated.

Success!

What has Barry done to bring down unemployment? He's overseen the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history! The US economy has managed to scratch and claw it's way back DESPITE the ACA which was a jobs killer and Obama's total lack of a plan to grow jobs or the economy for much of the past six years!
His policies, like all presidents, either help or hinder job growth. I doubt it's possible to identify which policies helped or hurt. Same holds true with Reagan.

You can't come up with any that helped...because Obama really didn't have any! I can come up with several that hurt. The ACA was not good for jobs. The Obama Stimulus created so few jobs that they had to fudge the numbers with "jobs created or saved". His proposed Cap & Trade policy (that was only stopped because the GOP took back control of Congress!) would have been a jobs killer! His proposed EPA regulations for carbon based emissions would have also been a disaster for the economy.

Reagan's approval rating started out around 50% and then dropped to around 40% because of the way he addressed the Stagflation left behind by Jimmy Carter led to high unemployment initially. By his third year in office his economic policies were leading to steady job growth and economic growth and his approval ratings kept going up until they reached the 70% levels you refer to.

Reagan's approval ratings took a major hit at this time in his second term because of the Iran-Contra scandal but had returned to 60% by the end of his Presidency. Why? Because Reagan's economic policies WORKED and people knew it. Don't hold your breath waiting for a last year Barry surge...he doesn't have any economic policies in place to improve the economy or create jobs...he's running out the string and doesn't even care at this point.
Great, more bullshit.
icon_rolleyes.gif

In reality, Reagan's job approval hit 68% just a few months into his presidency.

rmgzeqkfc02dn1bv3mnkmw.gif

thumbsup.gif
Much appreciated.

Success!

You can't come up with any that helped...because Obama really didn't have any! I can come up with several that hurt. The ACA was not good for jobs. The Obama Stimulus created so few jobs that they had to fudge the numbers with "jobs created or saved". His proposed Cap & Trade policy (that was only stopped because the GOP took back control of Congress!) would have been a jobs killer! His proposed EPA regulations for carbon based emissions would have also been a disaster for the economy.
No, you can name bullshit. That's all you do. You can't actually prove his policies hurt employment growth. For example, you cite ACA as a job killer when in fact, the single industry posting the biggest gains under Obama has been in healthcare.

Success!

No, you can name bullshit. That's all you do. You can't actually prove his policies hurt employment growth. For example, you cite ACA as a job killer when in fact, the single industry posting the biggest gains under Obama has been in healthcare.

I'm "thrilled" for those in the healthcare industry, Faun but that doesn't mean that the ACA wasn't a job killer! Show me a study that illustrates the ACA creates jobs! Show me a study that says that Cap & Trade legislation would create jobs! Show me a study that the Obama Stimulus created jobs! Show me a study that shows opposing the Keystone pipeline created jobs! Show me a study that shows imposing a drilling moratorium on all offshore drilling in the Gulf even shallow water drilling following the deep water spill created jobs!

Great, more bullshit.
icon_rolleyes.gif

In reality, Reagan's job approval hit 68% just a few months into his presidency.

How is what I said "bullshit"? Look at your own graph! Reagan's approval ratings plummeted BECAUSE of the policies that he implemented to deal with the Stagflation he inherited from Jimmy Carter only to slowly but surely rise again as Reagan's economic policies grew the economy and unemployment decreased. That major dip going into 1987 was because of Iran-Contra...not because of Reagan's economic policies.

thumbsup.gif
Much appreciated.

Success!

I can name several Obama policies that hurt. He's the most anti-business President I've seen in my lifetime.

Increased taxes on corporations, increased taxes on individual income for those making over 450K a year, burdening our industry with Commie Care with either forcing them to provide coverage for their employees or fining them. More burdensome IRS reporting because of Commie Care, attacking businesses such as the Roll-Your-Own cigarette shops which had to close down, same with the American Indians who used to sell their products via US mail, the several attacks on Gibson Guitar, The Gulf oil drilling and all the industries around it that they fed, the coal industry, the energy industry, the credit card industry and the list goes on and on.

With Reagan, Bush and even Clinton, you can at least point to some presidential action that was responsible for an improved economy. You can't do that with DumBama. Most all of his policies were against business--not for it.

Success!

I'm "thrilled" for those in the healthcare industry, Faun but that doesn't mean that the ACA wasn't a job killer! Show me a study that illustrates the ACA creates jobs! Show me a study that says that Cap & Trade legislation would create jobs! Show me a study that the Obama Stimulus created jobs! Show me a study that shows opposing the Keystone pipeline created jobs! Show me a study that shows imposing a drilling moratorium on all offshore drilling in the Gulf even shallow water drilling following the deep water spill created jobs!
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Now you're citing policies which never went into effect. :cuckoo:

Again, there's no way of determining which policies hurt and which policies helped. There are no objective studies. There's nothing but opinion.

But under Obama's policies, unemployment has dropped from 7.8% when he started and a post recession peak of 10% -- to 5%.

Great, more bullshit.
icon_rolleyes.gif

How is what I said "bullshit"? Look at your own graph! Reagan's approval ratings plummeted BECAUSE of the policies that he implemented to deal with the Stagflation he inherited from Jimmy Carter only to slowly but surely rise again as Reagan's economic policies grew the economy and unemployment decreased. That major dip going into 1987 was because of Iran-Contra...not because of Reagan's economic policies.
Your post was bullshit because in response to me posting how Reagan's JAR was close to 70% in his first year, you posted his JAR hit 70% "by his third year."

It wasn't his third year. Just a few months into his presidency, his JAR was almost 70%.

thumbsup.gif
Much appreciated.

Success!

I can name several Obama policies that hurt. He's the most anti-business President I've seen in my lifetime.

Increased taxes on corporations, increased taxes on individual income for those making over 450K a year, burdening our industry with Commie Care with either forcing them to provide coverage for their employees or fining them. More burdensome IRS reporting because of Commie Care, attacking businesses such as the Roll-Your-Own cigarette shops which had to close down, same with the American Indians who used to sell their products via US mail, the several attacks on Gibson Guitar, The Gulf oil drilling and all the industries around it that they fed, the coal industry, the energy industry, the credit card industry and the list goes on and on.

With Reagan, Bush and even Clinton, you can at least point to some presidential action that was responsible for an improved economy. You can't do that with DumBama. Most all of his policies were against business--not for it.
Increasing taxes on businesses does not necessarily hurt businesses. It depends on the level they start and end up at. The Lafer curve is evidence of that.

Reagan increased taxes on businesses -- the economy boomed.

Clinton increased taxes on businesses -- the economy boomed.

Now I'm not saying that's evidence of causation, it's not. But it does show that the economy can boom following tax increases. What I am saying is you're an idiot for making the general claim that raising taxes on businesses hurts the economy. You have no proof of causation to back that idiocy up.

Success!

Increasing taxes on businesses does not necessarily hurt businesses. It depends on the level they start and end up at. The Lafer curve is evidence of that.

Now I'm not saying that's evidence of causation, it's not. But it does show that the economy can boom following tax increases. What I am saying is you're an idiot for making the general claim that raising taxes on businesses hurts the economy. You have no proof of causation to back that idiocy up.

Reagan did raise some taxes, but he lowered others. Clinton did raise taxes, but he decreased taxes on capital gains which resulted in more investments in the market.

cbocorpchart.jpg

Maybe before you start your usual liberal insult fest, perhaps you should understand WTF you're talking about in the first place. I swear, trying to have an adult discussion with a liberal is nearly impossible.

Success!

Reagan did raise some taxes, but he lowered others. Clinton did raise taxes, but he decreased taxes on capital gains which resulted in more investments in the market.

View attachment 70078

Maybe before you start your usual liberal insult fest, perhaps you should understand WTF you're talking about in the first place. I swear, trying to have an adult discussion with a liberal is nearly impossible.
Thanks for posting a chart which displays what I said -- Reagan raised rates (1983) as did Clinton (1993).

The failed economy.
The Iraq debacle.
The deficit creating Bush Tax Cuts.
The millions of jobs moved oversea.
The over 40,000 factories closed.
Medical bills becoming the number one cause of bankruptcy.
Not getting Bin Laden.

Republicans were able to use reconciliation three times which shows they controlled the entire government.
Will they ever take any responsibility for what happened on their watch?

Will democrat ever admit they are communist?

Great, more bullshit.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Your post was bullshit because in response to me posting how Reagan's JAR was close to 70% in his first year, you posted his JAR hit 70% "by his third year."

It wasn't his third year. Just a few months into his presidency, his JAR was almost 70%.

Your word comprehension skills are about as good as your memory of the Reagan years, Faun...I didn't say that Reagan hit 70% approval rating his third year. What I SAID was this: "By his third year in office his economic policies were leading to steady job growth and economic growth and his approval ratings kept going up until they reached the 70% levels you refer to."

Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Now you're citing policies which never went into effect. :cuckoo:

Again, there's no way of determining which policies hurt and which policies helped. There are no objective studies. There's nothing but opinion.

But under Obama's policies, unemployment has dropped from 7.8% when he started and a post recession peak of 10% -- to 5%.

Was Barack Obama calling for Cap & Trade legislation or not, Faun? I can show you video of him asking for that if you'd like.
What people like you can't seem to grasp is that the people who run the Private Sector make business decisions based on what they see happening not next week...but next year or two years or even five years down the road. When Obama was pushing for Cap & Trade legislation every single business leader out there had to project what that would mean to THEIR bottom line! If you increase the energy costs of doing business here in the United States by a substantial amount it makes everyone recalculate planned growth. You're not going to build a factory here...if you can build it somewhere else and have much lower costs. I'm sorry but you're not going to invest millions of dollars for something that isn't economically feasible. When Barry called for Cap & Trade it slammed the brakes on Private Sector investment. If he had a clue about economics he would have grasped that concept but he doesn't...nor do the people who make up his inner circle.

View attachment 70078

Thanks for posting a chart which displays what I said -- Reagan raised rates (1983) as did Clinton (1993).

Wow...you looked at that chart and saw Reagan as raising taxes? Seriously?

Forum List

Back