Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

I just had a pizza delivered to my home. Does that mean the delivery boy and store manager approve of me?

The home is the most intimate of venues. Should a restaurant refuse to deliver to the homes of homosexuals? Or are those deliveries simply part and parcel of that restaurant's business?

I'm surprised how republicans hate gays and they elected bush jr. 2x. Gay baiting is starting a thread about gays and having all the republicans flock to the thread.

[
Welcome to reality. We "Leftists" are original thinkers.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

not 'informed' by 'pundits'.

Give me your original thoughts on my post.

Is that the talking point from KOS today?

Here is a thought that is not original, people have the right to engage in commerce with whom they please, for whatever reason they please, as long as the transaction is free of coercion, or fraud.

You seek to use coercion, the threat of violence, to force people to engage in business against their religious views. This violates the 1st Amendment and the 13th, but as an enemy of civil rights, you persist.

Pense took a step to protect the civil rights of people - this angers you of the left, who seek to utterly crush civil liberty.
Only in what I'll call 'the mind' of a Conservative does eroding right amount to protecting rights. Only in that Conservative 'mind' does crushing civil liberties amount to expanding them.

How does discrimination equal a civil liberty?

The racists in the Jim Crow south made the exact same arguments. You're in company with your Conservative predecessors.

You have no right to be served by any business. No one does. The business owner has the right to associate with whomever he wishes, or to not associate with whomever he wishes. That's called "freedom of association." Somehow you feel that compelling him to associate with people he has no desire to associate with increases rights. It takes a special kind of stupid to swallow that idea.

For the last 50 years .....you have the right to be served

Don't like it....try to get more Jim Crow laws passed

Doesn't take any bravery to hide behind your keyboard and throw insults.....does it?

Oh right. "He's a coward" isn't in insult. I've never encountered more egregious hypocrites than homosexual liberals.
Well. It IS spot on.

Using logic and facts on homosexuals is a waste of time because they always devolve into personal attacks. That's why I don't waste my time. I get straight to the insults and ridicule. It's the only thing you understand.
So...why be a coward about putting a "I don't serve.........." in a prominent place at your business entrance?

Why are you such a coward about sticking your head in the oven and ending your miserable existence?
So brave behind a keyboard...and yet a coward when asked to put a simple sign up showing your "convictions". Ha!

What's going to be hilarious is when a Muslim or another business owner says no Christians around and says oh it's my religious belief to not serve Christians. They will be flipping out.

How are they going to test if a person is gay? In a nation where its all about making the almighty dollar at any costs, even illegally which is now acceptable and warranted and looked upon favorably, why would a business not want to make the dollar? After all the evangelicals will tell you the dollar outweighs their faith in God. How are they going to determine who is gay or not? Heck they can't read down there can they? Land of low wages and Low IQ.

The boycott is on.
Mike Pence Signs Religious Freedom Bill and the Indiana Boycott Begins - Bloomberg Politics
Within hours of signing the so-called "Religious Freedom Bill" into law in Indiana, Governor Mike Pence learned that there would be a price to pay for enacting what critics say is a brazenly anti-gay piece of legislation. Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff announced that the the San Francisco-based company would cancel all travel to Indiana, effective immediately.

Indiana 1925. My how the times don't change.
klanwedding2.jpg

Klan-parade-at-New-Castle-1922.png

Only in what I'll call 'the mind' of a Conservative does eroding right amount to protecting rights. Only in that Conservative 'mind' does crushing civil liberties amount to expanding them.

The racists in the Jim Crow south made the exact same arguments. You're in company with your Conservative predecessors.

You have no right to be served by any business. No one does. The business owner has the right to associate with whomever he wishes, or to not associate with whomever he wishes. That's called "freedom of association." Somehow you feel that compelling him to associate with people he has no desire to associate with increases rights. It takes a special kind of stupid to swallow that idea.
So...why be a coward about putting a "I don't serve.........." in a prominent place at your business entrance?

You know why, you stupid slut. That's like putting a target on your business so sleazy operators like you can attack it.
I would have thought you would proudly display a sign that says you refuse to serve some people,l but not all people. Isn't that an affirmation of what you consider to be a right to be a bigot?

I'm not going to make myself a target for all the hostile radical perverts in the city. This has already been explained. We know why you want something like that to be required: so you can organize a lynch mob, vandalize their property and harass them night and day.

Do you really expect people to be as stupid as you are?
Repercussions. You're afraid of repercussions.

But the violent criminal acts you describe aren't really in the realm of probability. But the scorn the community would hold you and your business, the loss of sales due to your bigotry, the way you would be ostracized, that's what really frightens you.

You claim you would face physical violence, but it's the economic loss that is most frightening.

A prominent sign citing you 'religious' beliefs prevent you from conducting business with any and all American citizens should be absolutely required. Such a posting warns those who believe all men are created equal that here is a public business that fails to live up to that ideal.

The sign should proudly explain the rationalization used by the bigoted business.

It should read: "My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ preached "Judge not lest ye be judged". Therefore, we reserve the right to refuse service to deviant Homosexuals"

That seems fair for everyone.

Columbus, Indiana-based Cummins, the world's largest diesel engine maker—which has been among the nation's most outspoken business voices against LGBT discrimination statutes—publicly opposed the new law in strong terms, fearing a weakened hand for corporations based in Indiana when trying to lure top talent to the state.

"We're disappointed with the passage of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act," said a Cummins spokesman. "Cummins believes it's bad for business and bad for Indiana and sends the message that the state is unwelcoming." He added, "We are a global company in a competitive environment and it could hinder our ability to attract and retain top talent."

The business case against Indiana s religious act

[

Here is a thought that is not original, people have the right to engage in commerce with whom they please, for whatever reason they please, as long as the transaction is free of coercion, or fraud.

You seek to use coercion, the threat of violence, to force people to engage in business against their religious views. This violates the 1st Amendment and the 13th, but as an enemy of civil rights, you persist.

Pense took a step to protect the civil rights of people - this angers you of the left, who seek to utterly crush civil liberty.

I don't give a damn what Congress or the Supreme court says. Rights are something you are born with, not something granted by politicians. No one has the right to be served, because that means they have the right to force me to serve them. No legitimate right can involve using force against innocent people who have committed no crime.

[

I don't give a damn what Congress or the Supreme court says. Rights are something you are born with, not something granted by politicians. No one has the right to be served, because that means they have the right to force me to serve them. No legitimate right can involve using force against innocent people who have committed no crime.

Born with?

Then why did you deny those rights to blacks for 150 years?

[

Just like bakers are discriminating against homosexuals?

There's that petard you always seem to hoist yourself upon!

[

Yes we know.

Forum List

Back