Will Trump attack McCain?

The two female Senators were a given, I believe it is agreed upon before a vote between a few of them who will vote no to tip the scales and since McCain really has nothing to lose at this point he chose to be the deciding vote or Lindsay talked him into it.
Very true. McCain has nothing to lose. He doesn't come up for re-election till 2020 and running again seems very unlikely.

McCain has had unflinching support for the party over the years. Casting the deciding vote to defeat the skinny repeal bill may be the end of voting for the good the party and the beginning of voting for the good of the people. Too bad other Senators don't follow his example.

If you remember McCain's speech when he returned to the Senate a few days ago, he spoke of working with Democrats on the healthcare bill. I think this is exactly what he is hoping will happen now the repeal seems to be dead.
Democrats working with Republicans ain't gonna happen. The democrats won't work with anyone they proved that for 8 years and counting.
More rightwing propaganda
republicans gave Obama the finger from day one

Now they are finding out about payback

The two female Senators were a given, I believe it is agreed upon before a vote between a few of them who will vote no to tip the scales and since McCain really has nothing to lose at this point he chose to be the deciding vote or Lindsay talked him into it.
Very true. McCain has nothing to lose. He doesn't come up for re-election till 2020 and running again seems very unlikely.

McCain has had unflinching support for the party over the years. Casting the deciding vote to defeat the skinny repeal bill may be the end of voting for the good the party and the beginning of voting for the good of the people. Too bad other Senators don't follow his example.

If you remember McCain's speech when he returned to the Senate a few days ago, he spoke of working with Democrats on the healthcare bill. I think this is exactly what he is hoping will happen now the repeal seems to be dead.
Democrats working with Republicans ain't gonna happen. The democrats won't work with anyone they proved that for 8 years and counting.

More left wing fantasy. Obama got everything he wanted even the lousy Obamacare.

We saw Trump attack two women Senators when they voted against him. He ranted & had a tissy fit & threatened their States.

Will the chickenshit little orange man attack John McCain? Will he threaten Arizona?

I'm betting not. Even with his cancer, John McCain can kick the dough boy Trump's ass - physically or mentally.

I like Senators who do not have brain cancer
There's a reason why no one voted for McCain when he ran for president… LOL
Palin
Na, McCain is a spineless career politician. He lost when he did not palin, because he has no fucking soul. Lol

I don't see it

What I saw was similar to a student who had three months to write a term paper and threw something together the night before it was due
Of course it seems as though they threw it together but what are they going to do, have press conferences during the obama administration about how they are going to change healthcare? Of course not, because they would have been heard on deaf ears so they worked on it either as a party or individually and when they finally got the chance to enact it and make it happen they did, unsuccessful as the recent voting was it started the conversation.

Why wouldn't they announce their plan?

They claimed Obamacare was a disaster. If they had something better to offer, why wouldn't they say....Vote for us and here is the great healthcare plan we will give you
Nobody would have listened because Obamacare was in a honeymoon phase where nobody could see the flaws.

You mean flaws like Obama killing Sarah Palin's baby?
Are you referring to the stump speech she gave while supporting Trump where she mentioned her son being left without support after getting PTSD from serving? Or the statement about Obamacare?
You missed the 2008 election and 2009 Obamacare battles didn't you?

More left wing fantasy. Obama got everything he wanted even the lousy Obamacare.
Can you point to a single Obama initiative that Republicans supported? just one?

I can point to Democrats supporting Bush 43

Can you point to a single Obama initiative that Republicans supported? just one?

Every initiative passed during Obama, other then Obamacare, had bipartisan support. If not then he really wouldn't have anything accomplished.

But since you asked, here is one that I am sure is very important to you:

42 Republicans Join Democrats to Support Obama’s Transgender Agenda

43 Republicans Join Democrats to Support Obama’s Transgender Agenda

Every initiative passed during Obama, other then Obamacare, had bipartisan support. If not then he really wouldn't have anything accomplished.

That's it?

What about TARP? Republicans voted to support TARP funds for Bush (as did Dems) but not a single Republican supported TARP funds for Obama

That's it?

What about TARP? Republicans voted to support TARP funds for Bush (as did Dems) but not a single Republican supported TARP funds for Obama

As I said I provided a link to what I knew meant a lot to you.

I didn't really realize you love for big business.

The Troubled Asset Relief Program or TARP was a $700 billion bailout for Wall Street. 34 Senate Republicans voted for the bill. 91 House Republicans voted for the bill. The $787billion stimulus bill was: $288 billion was tax breaks to individuals and businesses. $226 billion for projects such as new roads...

McCain has made a career of sabotaging Republican agendas from within. Fuck him.
McCain represents Arizona, the #2 retirement destination after Florida. That's a lot of assisted livings, nursing homes, and memory cares. All would be thrown in turmoil if the Medicaid was slashed.

What do you do with all those people? Most of the men are WWII, Korean, and Vietnam veterans. Is this how Republicans want to take care of the veterans?

What do the family members do? Quit their jobs to stay home with 88 year old mom, who can't be left alone?

You Republicans sure are dumb.

I'm not sure how you got from what I said to "slashing medicare" but, as always I am not responsible for the voices in your head.

Do you have anything to say that addresses anything I actually said?

That's it?

As I said I provided a link to what I knew meant a lot to you.

I didn't really realize you love for big business.

The Troubled Asset Relief Program or TARP was a $700 billion bailout for Wall Street. 34 Senate Republicans voted for the bill. 91 House Republicans voted for the bill. The $787billion stimulus bill was: $288 billion was tax breaks to individuals and businesses. $226 billion for projects such as new roads...
Why did Republicans approve TARP payments to help a Bush economy but not Obama?

We saw Trump attack two women Senators when they voted against him. He ranted & had a tissy fit & threatened their States.

Will the chickenshit little orange man attack John McCain? Will he threaten Arizona?

I'm betting not. Even with his cancer, John McCain can kick the dough boy Trump's ass - physically or mentally.

Of course Trump will attack him.

Trump can't stop himself.

McCain is now Trump's worst nightmare

He has no reason to engage in partisan politics....especially for Trump

The Maverick has returned. He has nothing to lose

McCain has been playing the traitor for decades, being sick changes nothing.

Gave one big middle finger to Trump

He given the big middle finger to Republicans many times. THat is why you like him. THat is why the media likes him.

Of course, when he became a problem for your agenda, suddenly you lefties turned on him on a dime. Suddenly realized that he was a hot head, and racist to boot.

That he forgave that and went back to his old ways is very, very sad and pathetic of him.

That you lefties just dropped all the shit about him being unstable and racist, to suddenly embrace him again, is disgusting on your part.

Liberals: All the intellectual honesty of a crack whore.

He given the big middle finger to Republicans many times. THat is why you like him. THat is why the media likes him.

Of course, when he became a problem for your agenda, suddenly you lefties turned on him on a dime. Suddenly realized that he was a hot head, and racist to boot.

That he forgave that and went back to his old ways is very, very sad and pathetic of him.

That you lefties just dropped all the shit about him being unstable and racist, to suddenly embrace him again, is disgusting on your part.

Fantastic irony that McCain was the one to bury Trumpcare

Fantastic irony that McCain was the one to bury Trumpcare

I don't see any Irony. McCain has made a career out of betraying republicans.

What part of this is "ironic"?

Or is this one of those times that you lefties invent new meanings for words, and pretend to expect that we all know what you just decided in your head?

Yep ...earlier this week liberals where wishing death on the man. Now he is their hero. Clearly liberals are schizophrenic and need to up their meds.

Yep ...earlier this week liberals where wishing death on the man. Now he is their hero. Clearly liberals are schizophrenic and need to up their meds.

They will say or do anything, for partisan political purposes.

And what ever they say, it means no more than that.

Their words have no value to THEM, and should be treated no more credibly by us.

Bipartisan support for anything is the exception but yes it will probably happen as it has in the past, when each side sees it as necessary and the only alternative.

About 35,000 people buying insurance in Affordable Care Act marketplaces in 45 counties could have no carriers to choose from this fall. This would be the first time that has happened since the marketplaces were opened in 2014. Trump is doing everything he can to make sure this happens by threatening to not enforce the individual mandate this year and to withhold payments to insurance companies.

McConnell is counting on this problem bringing enough renegade republicans into the fold to pass some kind of healthcare legislation. If that fails they will turn to democrats. And it that fails, they will have to blame their failure to repeal Obamacare on the democrats even thou they control both houses of congress and the presidency, not a good plan but the only alternative at that point.
the Democrats need to throw the gaunlet down and pledge to help create something better then what we have. If they don't then ACA is still all them.

Mandates are just a funding issue it doesn't seem to me that is why HC companies are dropping out.

I think a 80/20 healthcare plan like Medicare would work well if EVERYONE, including CONGRESS, the WH and everyone else were enrolled. Think how freeing that would be for companies and employees.
First of all when we are talking about health insurance companies dropping out, I want to be very clear; employee sponsored group insurance, medicaid, medicare, and other government healthcare is not part of the insurance company drop out. It is the individual healthcare market that is effected. This is where 14% of the people get their insurance.

47 counties in the country may have no companies offering individual insurance on the exchanges this fall.
This is an immediate problem that both parties should come together to solve. There are a number causes and both parties bare the responsibility, not just democrats.

Trump's shortening the enrollment period on the exchanges, threatening not to enforce the individual mandate, and threats of withholding payments to insurance companies has created uncertainty as to the viability of the individual insurance market and is certainly responsible for many companies backing out of the exchanges.

Democrats also must share the blame because Obamacare did too much too fast and made one huge mistake. They underestimated the impact on insurers of covering people with pre-existing conditions and over estimated the number of healthy customers that would enter the individual market due to the mandate. This drove costs, premiums, and deductibles up. These are very fixable problems if the two parties would work together.

The 80/20 split on cost is a good idea with a reasonable out of pocket maximum. Medicare has no out of pocket maximum which drives people to buy supplemental policies adding to America's healthcare cost.

Forum List

Back