Will Trump declare a Federal State of Emergency to build The Wall?

Could Trump declare a State of Emergency and order the US military to build The Wall?

• Total voters
Trump is toying with the idea of declaring a State of Emergency in order to build The Wall?

Can he get away with it?

If "yes", he may just have found the club he needs, to beat-on the Dems, on this issue.

Reaction?

Trump says he has considered national emergency powers to build wall - CNNPolitics
He can if he wants to divide the nation futher.

but worse...

Is what precedent will he be setting?

Some president you or I do not care for in the future can pull a stunt like this .. and will you defend them?
Hell, I'm not defending him now... I asked the question COULD he... not SHOULD he, eh?
Ok, I'll play your game: DID I SAY YOU WERE DEFENDING HIM?

He can if he wants to divide the nation further.

but worse...

Is what precedent will he be setting?

Some president you or I do not care for in the future can pull a stunt like this .. and will you defend them?​
The Dems divided the nation refusing to provide the funds for the wall.

A majority of Americans oppose the wall. Trump is dividing Americans by holding them hostage.
Bullshit, we elected Trump to build the damn wall. Only leftist losers oppose it.

There seems to be little doubt that the US Constitution grants a President a wide latitude in declaring a State of Emergency *.

Given that wide latitude, I would not be overly surprised to see Martial Law declared ONLY along the southern border region.

Say, along a mile-or-so of depth north of the border line, including easements for access to such a strip.

So that US military forces, freed from posse comitatus restrictions *, can temporarily secure the border with military force...

Followed immediately by large-scale engagement of the US Army Corps of Engineers, to build "national defenses" along the border...

Once done, Martial Law along that narrow strip is lifted, and the State of Emergency is dissolved...

Paid for, initially, by Defense Department "slush" and "construction" funds, then billed to the Mexican Government...

Accompanied by a very strong suggestion that they pay-up...

No Democratic Congress-Critters would be invited to the Grand Opening of Da Wall :21:

---------------

Mind you, I think the Wall is a dumb idea, but I don't see how Trump can be stopped, if he takes that approach.

Personally, I think it would be a waste of money - there are better ways to slow and stop Illegal Alien traffic...

But it would be great fun, watching LibTards' heads explode, over a situation which circumvents their reach...

Last edited:
Trump is toying with the idea of declaring a State of Emergency in order to build The Wall?

Can he get away with it?

If "yes", he may just have found the club he needs, to beat-on the Dems, on this issue.

Reaction?

Trump says he has considered national emergency powers to build wall - CNNPolitics
Lol if he can get away with that then we're in for some absolutely insane shit being done by Presidents over the next couple decades
Like Obamacare and DACA and unvoted for wars and.......

Point being this isn't something unusual

Forum List

Back