Will trump shut the Government down again on February 15th?

Will trump shut the Government down again on February 15th?

• Yes, he will.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Yes, he will, but the GOP Senate will override him.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No, he won't. He will get the money. Nancy will fold.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he won't. He will declare a National Emergency to get it.

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No, there will be a deal that he will accept.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Not even the Apprentice believes it is an emergency. Only the dumbest of the Rube Herd (a.k.a. Trump's "base") are falling for this horseshit.

It's a stunt, and the Apprentice is one evil, stupid motherfucker for trashing the Constitution for a publicity stunt just to make the Rube Herd hard.

trashing the Constitution

Really?

The Far Right is preaching that he will declare a national emergency. He will then lose in the Courts....including the USSC. But his base will say....."Well....he tried."

That is the way out of the corner that he had boxed himself in. The Great Deal Maker is a Failure....

Explain how he will lose a SCOTUS case. His authority is well-delineated in policy.

Yes...if it were an actual emergency. The numbers will prove that this is not an emergency....If the USSC rules in his favor...it will open the door to every president in the future to declare a national emergency in order just to carry out a campaign promise....

That is what this boils down to....

What number is an "actual emergency"?

Mark

I remember CT's that said Clinton, then Bush, then Obama would exploit that loophole in the National Emergency Act to get various nefarious unconstitutional things done. But I've never heard a president actively discuss it as a means to shove an agenda down our throats.

50839935_2036901729678498_5182032382273781760_o.jpg

A Party that consists of white supremacists and neo-nazis is not a moral Party. It is a party that should be shunned.

Indeed. I've shunned the Democratic Party since the 20th Century.

The Far Right is preaching that he will declare a national emergency. He will then lose in the Courts....including the USSC. But his base will say....."Well....he tried."

That is the way out of the corner that he had boxed himself in. The Great Deal Maker is a Failure....

Explain how he will lose a SCOTUS case. His authority is well-delineated in policy.

Yes...if it were an actual emergency. The numbers will prove that this is not an emergency....If the USSC rules in his favor...it will open the door to every president in the future to declare a national emergency in order just to carry out a campaign promise....

I've been saying that since December.

If the Supreme Court allows this, which I don't believe they will, then watch for a democratic president to declare a national emergency with global climate change or the gun problem.

Imagine what the republicans would do if a democratic president declared an emergency with the gun violence problem. I'm sure the right would come unglued if a democratic president did that. Or with global climate change.

Republicans don't realize that the right you allow one president to have, you've given it to ALL presidents after the current one. They didn't get the concept when they celebrated the supreme court ruling with the wedding cakes and gay people. When the same is applied to far right wing hate people they come unglued and throw hissy fits. They just don't believe that the law will be applied equally to everyone.

He has the authority to declare an emergency. If there are numbers that undermine the declaration, Congress can pass a resolution denying the status.

His authority is clear. SCOTUS will rule in his favor, if necessary.

It is unwise to judge future cases on current ones.

He does not have the authority to build a wall without authorization from Congress. A law cannot override the Constitution.

His authority is not clear. The SCOTUS refusal to take a DACA case shows Roberts will not allow his Court to be dragged into politics.

I doubt that Nancy is going to give trump 5.7 Billion Dollars....what then?
I went with the Nat. Emerg. since he blinked on the shutdown but I'm not really sure. I think Trump will declare and emergency and once it gets tied up in court he'll throw up his hands and blame the GOP and Dems.

He'll declare an emergency and mobilize the armed forces.
Nope.

When Congress says "No" to a President, that is not a national emergency. It's called "checks and balances". Especially when it is both parties saying no, as in this case.

Individual 1 is trying to use the Constitution as toilet paper just to save face.

Pathetic.
See how dense ewe are? The national emergency is the onslaught at the border and that includes human and drug trafficking. Tell Pelosi that mowing the goddamn grass won’t be the answer!

The immigration situation is not an onslaught. Using emergency power granted to the president during a real national crisis/emergency, such as a nuclear attack, to try and achieve campaign prop, sounds like a textbook Fascist move to me.

Please. Educate yourself.

The US is currently in 31 other national emergencies. Here's what that means.

Mark

Which ones helps the president's bi-pass Congressional Authority to achieve a stated political goal?

Nope.

When Congress says "No" to a President, that is not a national emergency. It's called "checks and balances". Especially when it is both parties saying no, as in this case.

Individual 1 is trying to use the Constitution as toilet paper just to save face.

Pathetic.
See how dense ewe are? The national emergency is the onslaught at the border and that includes human and drug trafficking. Tell Pelosi that mowing the goddamn grass won’t be the answer!

The immigration situation is not an onslaught. Using emergency power granted to the president during a real national crisis/emergency, such as a nuclear attack, to try and achieve campaign prop, sounds like a textbook Fascist move to me.

Mark

Those are largely foreign policy issues. None of them directly contradict the Constitution. The Constitution clearly gives the Congress the power of the purse and that is what Trump is trying to ignore.

Absolutely nothing to do with policy. Try again.

trump and family values.....that is the funniest comparison that I have ever seen....that is like saying Hitler was a great symbol of Orthodox Jews.

trump is a slug....he has no conscious. He has no morals.

trump has family values? LOL.

I guess he does if your definition of family values is cheating on three wives, one while she was home with their new born son. If you think having 5 kids with 3 different women is family values. If you think that ripping babies from the arms of their mothers to put those babies in cages is family values. If you think that allowing children to die while in the custody of the US is family values.

trump may be a lot of things but a man with family values isn't one of them.

If the Supreme Court allows this, which I don't believe they will, then watch for a democratic president to declare a national emergency with global climate change or the gun problem.

Imagine what the republicans would do if a democratic president declared an emergency with the gun violence problem.

Any president making such a declaration would certainly have a national emergency on his hands. No doubt about it. :auiqs.jpg:

He has the authority to declare an emergency. If there are numbers that undermine the declaration, Congress can pass a resolution denying the status.

His authority is clear. SCOTUS will rule in his favor, if necessary.

It is unwise to judge future cases on current ones.

He does not have the authority to build a wall without authorization from Congress. A law cannot override the Constitution.

His authority is not clear. The SCOTUS refusal to take a DACA case shows Roberts will not allow his Court to be dragged into politics.

Not politics, but existing policy, and that is their job.

trump and family values.....that is the funniest comparison that I have ever seen....that is like saying Hitler was a great symbol of Orthodox Jews.

I guess he does if your definition of family values is cheating on three wives, one while she was home with their new born son. If you think having 5 kids with 3 different women is family values. If you think that ripping babies from the arms of their mothers to put those babies in cages is family values. If you think that allowing children to die while in the custody of the US is family values.

Yet ripping babies from the womb and hacking them up for profit is an acceptable family value among Democrats.

Baphomet must giggle with pride.

Imagine what the republicans would do if a democratic president declared an emergency with the gun violence problem. I'm sure the right would come unglued if a democratic president did that. Or with global climate change.

Republicans don't realize that the right you allow one president to have, you've given it to ALL presidents after the current one. They didn't get the concept when they celebrated the supreme court ruling with the wedding cakes and gay people. When the same is applied to far right wing hate people they come unglued and throw hissy fits. They just don't believe that the law will be applied equally to everyone.

Yup....gun violence and climate change are much more national emergencies than a failed campaign promise....

Yet ripping babies from the womb and hacking them up for profit is an acceptable family value among Democrats.

The longer I linger in this world the less I fear death but welcome it.

The longer I linger in this world the less I fear death but welcome it.
Don't let any of us stop you.

She'd give him that much for actual border security measures.

Otherwise, Trump would be an idiot to shut the government down again.

Yes...she would give him that for "Border Security.".....but the nine year old, so called, president wants a flipping wall....

Yup....gun violence and climate change are much more national emergencies than a failed campaign promise....
Guns aren't violent, people are. Mostly deranged lunatic liberals.

Nope.

Pathetic.

Mark

Which ones helps the president's bi-pass Congressional Authority to achieve a stated political goal?

Which congressional authority is being bypassed?

Mark

Forum List

Back