Wimp Nation: Poised to Fall

Differences of race do not exist, race being a social construct, so if members of one non-existent race do not do as well at physics as members of another nonexistent race, we must on racial grounds hire them as physicists anyway under affirmative action, since differences are social constructs.

Hmm. That writer sounds exactly like someone we all know:

The illustrated newspapers occasionally show the privileged class how a negro for the first time has become a lawyer, a teacher, perhaps even a minister, or a heroic opera tenor somewhere or other.

The feeble-minded privileged-class looks at such a miracle of animal training with admiration and astonishment before overflowing with respect for this marvelous result of modern education. At the same time the Jew is very shrewd about using this as new proof of the theory that “all men are equal”, which he is forcing down the peoples’ throats, is valid. It never dawns on the weary middle-class world that such a news article is actually a sin against all reason. It is criminal insanity to train a born half-ape until one believes he has been turned into a lawyer, while millions of members of the highest of civilized races must remain in a position totally unworthy of them. It is a sin against the will of the Eternal Creator to let hundreds and thousands of His most gifted creatures decay in the modern worker-laborer swamp while Hottentots and Zulus are being tamed for intellectual professions. As with the poodle, it is just animal training and not “scholastic” education. The same care and pains spent on intelligent races would prepare every individual for similar achievements and each would be a thousand times more adept.

Ask yourself why gasoline is unleaded, and if and when it used to be 'leaded' and why it was changed. And then consider it was Richard Nixon, a Republican, who created the EPA.

Yes the society has changed, conservatives USED to be mostly rational. They did, I remember. They've always had their views and argued them but they worked with their opposition on many things.

If a Republican president or candidate today proposed something like the EPA they would be lynched by their own party.

When did clean air and water become an issue to argue over? Conservatives turn off the radio and Faux News for a month. Your head will clear and you won't see the society as 'evil'. It's just people, like you.

This is one of the better pieces I've encountered on the cultural changes that are causing America's decline.

Recently a friend, a Harvard PhD, wrote and said, “It’s not funny anymore.” I thought, and realized that, no, it isn’t. Things that seemed the obsessions of the occasional lugubrious neurotic are so common that they represent a change in the national character. It is eerie. Something strange is happening.

What now is the national character? What sort of country is America today? A country of rugged individualism? Land of the free and home of the brave? A nation of the independent and self-reliant?

(snip)

The ferocious American hostility to individualism is most virulent in the form of political correctness, which requires that all of us think the same things. The universities are worst, and they are the future. Once, unpopular ideas were argued and freedom of speech respected, however grudgingly. Today we have the pack mind.

Beyond the insistence that everyone should be like everyone else is the insistence that everyone already is like everyone else. No differences exist between men and women, sex being a social construct, and thus women should be in the Marines. Differences of race do not exist, race being a social construct, so if members of one non-existent race do not do as well at physics as members of another nonexistent race, we must on racial grounds hire them as physicists anyway under affirmative action, since differences are social constructs.

Wimp Nation: Poised to Fall | Fred On Everything

The only funny thing there is that it is cons who want everyone to be the same and think exactly as they do. No room for any thought outside the construct of right wing evangelical Christian doctrine. I'll pass thank you.

You manly right wingers sure act like drama queens.

Every other thread is gloom n doom end of days .

And every other day I see posts like these from supposedly calm liberals.

"Dear parents, please teach your little shits to be sensitive to others. Halloween should be fun for everyone and no one should be confronted with costumes that are comprised of microagressions and cultural appropriation. If your children trigger others by knocking on their door and dehumanizing them, expect legal action. Please share with your friends to make Halloween more tolerant. We encourage you to print this out and put it on your door as a warning."

12096208_1084729644904707_8970474818459383087_n.jpg

Facebook

Yeah. So, grow a spine.

This is one of the better pieces I've encountered on the cultural changes that are causing America's decline.

Recently a friend, a Harvard PhD, wrote and said, “It’s not funny anymore.” I thought, and realized that, no, it isn’t. Things that seemed the obsessions of the occasional lugubrious neurotic are so common that they represent a change in the national character. It is eerie. Something strange is happening.

What now is the national character? What sort of country is America today? A country of rugged individualism? Land of the free and home of the brave? A nation of the independent and self-reliant?

(snip)

The ferocious American hostility to individualism is most virulent in the form of political correctness, which requires that all of us think the same things. The universities are worst, and they are the future. Once, unpopular ideas were argued and freedom of speech respected, however grudgingly. Today we have the pack mind.

Beyond the insistence that everyone should be like everyone else is the insistence that everyone already is like everyone else. No differences exist between men and women, sex being a social construct, and thus women should be in the Marines. Differences of race do not exist, race being a social construct, so if members of one non-existent race do not do as well at physics as members of another nonexistent race, we must on racial grounds hire them as physicists anyway under affirmative action, since differences are social constructs.

The only funny thing there is that it is cons who want everyone to be the same and think exactly as they do. No room for any thought outside the construct of right wing evangelical Christian doctrine. I'll pass thank you.

So, what would you rather us Evangelical Christians do? Go hide in a cave somewhere?

"Dear parents, please teach your little shits to be sensitive to others. Halloween should be fun for everyone and no one should be confronted with costumes that are comprised of microagressions and cultural appropriation. If your children trigger others by knocking on their door and dehumanizing them, expect legal action. Please share with your friends to make Halloween more tolerant. We encourage you to print this out and put it on your door as a warning."

Facebook

Yeah. So, grow a spine.
That's not liberal. Thats progressive.
gawd, what do they want them to wear?

(snip)

So, what would you rather us Evangelical Christians do? Go hide in a cave somewhere?
So us saying we don't want to live under your ideology is the same as us telling you to hide in a cave? You zealot theocratic psychos are a riot. :happy-1:

(snip)

How about acting like Christians and quit blaming poor people for using welfare when they have no other options. How about trying to reduce the number of abortions through education and by providing birth control so that there are less pregnancies. How about instead of trying to abolish abortion completely, which will never happen, concentrate on limiting abortions to the first trimester. How about supporting candidates who want to balance the budget, and I mean serious candidates who want to balance the budget, not ones who say they are going to balance the budget by cutting taxes. That's like saying you are going to take a pay cut so you can pay off your mortgage faster. It ain't gonna happen. How about admitting that burning fossil fuels is not in our best long term interest? These are just a few logical things. Here is another. Quit trying to force your religious beliefs down everyone's throat. If you don't think gays should be married, go to a church that won't marry gays, but quit trying to prevent loving couples from marrying if that is what they want, just because you don't like it.

How about acting like Christians and quit blaming poor people for using welfare when they have no other options.

I find it funny that you suddenly know what a model Christian is. Everyone has an option. To say they have no options is a rather oppressive line of thinking.

Read 1 Thessalonians 3:10

How about trying to reduce the number of abortions through education and by providing birth control so that there are less pregnancies.

That's something I (as an Evangelical Christian) support.

How about instead of trying to abolish abortion completely, which will never happen, concentrate on limiting abortions to the first trimester.

Or, teach men and women the value of abstinence before marriage. But that will draw more "you Christians are forcing your values on us!" nonsense.

How about supporting candidates who want to balance the budget, and I mean serious candidates who want to balance the budget, not ones who say they are going to balance the budget by cutting taxes.

If you don't cut taxes, where do you start? And what does this have to do with being an evil evangelical Christian?

How about admitting that burning fossil fuels is not in our best long term interest?

You're drawing a false cause. How does this admission make one a better Christian?

These are just a few logical things.

Far from it. You are doing the same thing you get angry at Christians for doing. Imposing your own definitions of logic and preconceived set of ideals on people. Stop and consider the double standard there.

Quit trying to force your religious beliefs down everyone's throat.

Uh, so, opposing climate change and government spending is or are... religious beliefs? How about you quit shoving your dictates of what religious belief should be down my throat? How's that huh?

If you don't think gays should be married, go to a church that won't marry gays

I'll worship at whatever Church I please. I support gay marriage, but not in a place of worship. Is this not saying "gays should be married in church" is this not shoving your beliefs down my throat?

but quit trying to prevent loving couples from marrying if that is what they want, just because you don't like it.

(Chuckles)

How am I preventing them from doing anything? The difference between me and your stereotypical opinion of Christians is this:

I support gay marriage inasmuch as it is a freedom guaranteed by the law. I oppose it inasmuch as it represents an affront to my religious beliefs. I am capable of counterbalancing the two beliefs so as to not to infringe on anyone's rights.

You just want me to accept it regardless. I won't set aside my faith for you.

Last edited:

(snip)

So us saying we don't want to live under your ideology is the same as us telling you to hide in a cave? You zealot theocratic psychos are a riot. :happy-1:

Interestingly, do you you know what a snide remark is?

I'm far from "theocratic." If you want that, there are plenty of those in the Middle East.

Facebook

Yeah. So, grow a spine.
That's not liberal. Thats progressive.
gawd, what do they want them to wear?

Perhaps they want them to dress like...politicians!

When instead of encouraging competition, we protect feelings by rewarding participation. Winning is no longer an option, because it makes people feel bad. When instead of encouraging free thought, we filter this thought for anything that might be deemed offensive, like high schoolers wearing an NRA T-Shirt or uttering heteronormative terms like "man" or "woman." Instead of imposing consequences on negative behavior, we stand back and encourage it... you know, like Ahmed the "clock boy."

We went from winning World Wars to "Wars on Women." Yeah, this is a nation succumbing to political correctness.

When instead of encouraging competition, we protect feelings by rewarding participation. Winning is no longer an option, because it makes people feel bad. When instead of encouraging free thought, we filter this thought for anything that might be deemed offensive, like high schoolers wearing an NRA T-Shirt or uttering heteronormative terms like "man" or "woman." Instead of imposing consequences on negative behavior, we stand back and encourage it... you know, like Ahmed the "clock boy."

We went from winning World Wars to "Wars on Women." Yeah, this is a nation succumbing to political correctness.

I really think you are wrong. They don't want to reduce competition, they want to WIN.

I really think you are wrong. They don't want to reduce competition, they want to WIN.

Win what? They don't want to win though competition or submission, but intimidation.

Yet amazingly, the same sad song has been sung for 50+ years since the 1960's and every one of the dick suckers who swore we were living on borrowed time never left the nation that was supposedly collapsing before our very eyes.

Simply put, they are either incredibly mis-informed, incredily scared of anything unfamiliar, or just have their heads up their collective asses. I vote for all 3.

Win what? They don't want to win though competition or submission, but intimidation.

332-206
Or by simply voting in superior candidates.

!
Yet amazingly, the same sad song has been sung for 50+ years since the 1960's and every one of the dick suckers who swore we were living on borrowed time never left the nation that was supposedly collapsing before our very eyes.

Simply put, they are either incredibly mis-informed, incredily scared of anything unfamiliar, or just have their heads up their collective asses. I vote for all 3.
Its a slow motion train wreck?

(snip)

PC is BS, just speak your peace and move along.

And if someone knocks you on your ass for what you said, that's on you.

LMAO, you freaking wimps couldn't knock a frog on its ass and they spend most of their time on them.

If a Republican president or candidate today proposed something like the EPA they would be lynched by their own party.

And if a Democrat ever advocated for the use of fossil fuels... imagine what would happen. Both parties are guilty of it. This isn't a one sided thing.

This is the Orwellian double-speak that has become the conservative standard. ALL sides have exactly the same value argument and facts don't count. That is how conservatives view the world now. You think opinion is as valuable as fact.

Sorry, it never has been and never will be. The thoughts in your mind are so jumbled it is like a pretzel, wrapped in an enigma, coated with chocolate sauce and sauerkraut.

Forum List

Back