🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wind becomes No 2 power source in US, beating coal and nuclear

Wind power and electric cars are not the ideal solution the wackos make them out to be anyway. And it's gonna be awhile before they are- if they ever are. They take their fair share of bites out of the environment, just like other energy sources do.
No one has ever claimed that wind power or EV were "the ideal solution". You are making up a strawman to argue against since, apparently, you're unable to argue with the real facts.

Depends on your sources. from my sources, Natural gas is #1 (37%) Petroleum #2 (27%) Coal #3 (17%) Renewable Energy #4 (12%) and running in 5th is Nuclear (9%). Give or take a few points. Look it up.
There are links to the sources used within the article
Depends on your sources. from my sources, Natural gas is #1 (37%) Petroleum #2 (27%) Coal #3 (17%) Renewable Energy #4 (12%) and running in 5th is Nuclear (9%). Give or take a few points. Look it up.
A link within the article takes us to their source, a report of the US Energy Information Administration. Here: Wind was second-largest source of U.S. electricity generation on March 29

Is that actual power produced, or dataplate rating?
Feel free to actually read the article and its links. No one is stopping you and that your motive in NOT doing so is to enable you to frame Tucker-Carlsen-esque "questions" is quite obvious.

You believe that efforts to save polar bear populations were an effort to kill off children's ability to think critically? HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHaahaahahaaa,,,,oh for fuck's sake. You're like someone criticizing someone else for believing in a flat Earth because he failed to point out that it;s both flat and square. What a fooking marooooooooon.
:omg: You don't know anything about polar bears, let alone the psychology behind traumatizing toddlers with drowning white teddies in .60 second HD video scams! I might add, that your silly analogy is literally incoherent, not to mention childishly imbecilic, never a good recipe for success when attempting an ad hom attack upon someone who is a good 75 pts up the IQ ladder from yourself! :banana:

Gee all it took was massive government subsidies for Windpower while using massive government regulation and blocking to squash coal and nuclear power. Imagine that!
I guarantee you the US government has given more subsidies to coal and nuclear power than it has to wind. And what regulations, besides air and water pollution regs that I assume you support, do you believe have been added to coal and nuclear power technologies?

You don't know anything about polar bears, let alone the psychology behind traumatizing toddlers with drowning white teddies in .60 second HD video scams! I might add, that your silly analogy is literally incoherent, not to mention childishly imbecilic, never a good recipe for success when attempting an ad hom attack upon someone who is a good 75 pts up the IQ ladder from yourself!

Someone 75 points BELOW my IQ would know he'd look a complete idiot making any statement about the superiority of his IQ. Admitting that you didn't understand my analogy wasn't a great idea either, particularly since I'm quite certain just about everyone here understood it as plain as day.

I never claimed to know diddly squot about polar bears or traumatizing toddlers. I was addressing your charge that the actual purpose of the whole effort to save polar bears was a leftist attempt to prevent children from learning the critical thinking that you obviously failed to learn even when given the opportunity.

Don't be a fucking idiot. Of coursse it can.
Please explain how wind power output can be increased when the wind isn't blowing. Germany finally realized that problem and switched back to fossil fuels, but you are still spouting "green energy" propaganda. By the way, why are you so fearful of nuclear power? The US Navy has been relying on it for over 50 years.

I'm not buying it, but if true, where is all this wind coming from? Climate change.

So by going to green energy, over time, winds will die down forcing us to go back to coal.
The ornotholigist wannabe in me precludes me from supporting those big rotary cutters that have decimated many raptors, including my favorites, the beautiful osprey which is becoming scarce.

1650162612233.png

I became a fan of the Osprey during the 35 years I lived in Casper Wyoming. We'd drive to the Yellowstone Park and they were so amazing as we drove northwest to the Park. They are owners of the sky, but I read that in areas where the windmill farms were, their numbers were greatly reduced. Not fair.
The birds are the best of good parents, and their flights are some of the most beautiful on earth. So I won't be waving the wind power danger to this amazing bird gift.

1650163218970.png
1650163110507.png
1650162993576.png
1650162870681.png
1650163166679.png

1650163670294.png
1650163545431.png
1650163435300.png
1650163484641.png
1650163596329.png

1650164226012.png

The fine is only because they didn't have the permits to kill migratory birds.

I did a thread about that a few days ago.

You do realize that far more birds are killed by cats than windfarms, right?

When it comes to bird deaths, cats are unrivaled as the leading cause. Whereas wind turbines only kill about 234,000 birds every year in the United States, felines kill 2.4 billion, according to the US Fish and Wildlife Service. As of 2017, cats killed more birds than all other human-related causes combined.

Feral, or "un-owned," cats are largely responsible for this high number, because they spend much of their time outside and hunting for food, according to a 2013 Nature study. Pet cats with access to the outdoors, the research found, killed nearly 684 million birds annually as of the study's publication, a substantial percentage of the total

You also spend a lot of time whining about "Eagles", but we are talking about Golden Eagles, which aren't even an endangered species.

I know you've been told about safer, far less waste-producing nuclear reactors.

But you just keep fear-mongering the way you were programmed.

Not fearmongering at all... just pointing out the tradeoffs.

We have 90,000 metric tons of nuclear waste and nowhere to put it.

We spent billions digging a hole in Nevada and now we can't use it.

Again, this is going to be toxic for 250,000 years... honestly sounds lot worse than a few dead birds from a wind farm.

Nuclear waste is a difficult but NOT insoluble problem.

I don't disagree. In principle, I have no problem with nuclear being part of the solution.

In reality, we haven't broken ground on a new nuclear plant in years, because no one really wants to live next to one.

After the Fukushima disaster in Japan, a lot of countries are rethinking nuclear power.

The ornotholigist wannabe in me precludes me from supporting those big rotary cutters that have decimated many raptors, including my favorites, the beautiful osprey which is becoming scarce.

I know enough to know that people designing this stuff had to be aware of the impact on birds when they designed them. Where are all of the EPA ecological impact studies being done when the approval is being given out to place these things at a given location? A few years back, replacing a tiny little bridge near me (30-40 feet?) was delayed a year, incredibly long, because there was some stupid little shellfish something or other living in the crick that was supposedly rare, so they had to relocate all of it to some other location first, meantime, people had to drive miles around to get to the other side.

These wind machines should either have some sort of thing either painted on them or which makes some kind of sound birds hear that would either alert birds or drive them away--- that, or a big wire cage over them the wind can blow through but which keeps birds from flying into the fans.

Ecology nuts all worried about the climate are tripping over their own feet can't build these things fast enough to save the planet that they are killing all the birds.

View attachment 631761

I became a fan of the Osprey during the 35 years I lived in Casper Wyoming. We'd drive to the Yellowstone Park and they were so amazing as we drove northwest to the Park. They are owners of the sky, but I read that in areas where the windmill farms were, their numbers were greatly reduced. Not fair.
The birds are the best of good parents, and their flights are some of the most beautiful on earth. So I won't be waving the wind power danger to this amazing bird gift.

View attachment 631766View attachment 631764View attachment 631763View attachment 631762View attachment 631765
View attachment 631773View attachment 631770View attachment 631768View attachment 631769View attachment 631772

View attachment 631776

The osprey population around here is expanding -- but we don't have any wind turbines.

You do realize that far more birds are killed by cats than windfarms, right?

When it comes to bird deaths, cats are unrivaled as the leading cause. Whereas wind turbines only kill about 234,000 birds every year in the United States, felines kill 2.4 billion, according to the US Fish and Wildlife Service. As of 2017, cats killed more birds than all other human-related causes combined.

Feral, or "un-owned," cats are largely responsible for this high number, because they spend much of their time outside and hunting for food, according to a 2013 Nature study. Pet cats with access to the outdoors, the research found, killed nearly 684 million birds annually as of the study's publication, a substantial percentage of the total

You also spend a lot of time whining about "Eagles", but we are talking about Golden Eagles, which aren't even an endangered species.
How many large raptors do feral cats kill?

Hint: None.

Not fearmongering at all... just pointing out the tradeoffs.

We have 90,000 metric tons of nuclear waste and nowhere to put it.

We spent billions digging a hole in Nevada and now we can't use it.

Again, this is going to be toxic for 250,000 years... honestly sounds lot worse than a few dead birds from a wind farm.
New reactor technologies generate waste that's only dangerous for 600 years -- and they can burn the existing nuclear waste.

Your objections are unfounded.

Here's the thing.....

The OP doesn't put this kind of absurd stuff out there as progressive propaganda like others in here.. He believes this stuff. :coffee: He and Old Rocks are true believers....entrenched in what we call cognitive dissonance.

Created millions of bumper stickers btw....

Btw....curious board member need only to check the US EIA.gov website to view the sobering reality.

Wind/Solar combined provide the US with 7% of grid electricity. :abgg2q.jpg:

But don't take my word for it....

Annual Energy Outlook - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

The OP, like all progressives are social oddballs. Very cavalier about being pwn'd in any public forum. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back