Without a job, Romney made $57,000.00 a DAY for last two years.

I guess it would not be fair if your example of flat tax was somehow in violation of one of the defiitions posted. To me a flat tax, where the same percentage of income comes from everyone regardless of income, is 'free from self-interest'. Free of prejudice and does not show favoritism. Do you disagree?

Regardless, if you contend that not even a flat tax is fair, then you would certainly have to admit that the way it is done now is also not fair and thus also have to admit that a fair tax code is not what your really want.....which was my point to begin with.

No, you're conceding that 'fair' is entirely subjective.

If you have a shred of intellectual honesty, you'll then have to agree that the idea that rich people should pay a higher tax rate than poor people is only 'fair' by someone's arbitrary made-up definition of what 'fair' is.

Well?

Why should people who don't work be taxed at a higher rate than people who do?

End welfare for the idle rich.

Pass the Buffett Rule.

The phony outrage is getting rather silly and hypocritical. Do the names Kennedy and Rockefeller ring a bell? How about John Kerry? Which is better, old democrat money or new democrat money?

The phony outrage is getting rather silly and hypocritical. Do the names Kennedy and Rockefeller ring a bell? How about John Kerry? Which is better, old democrat money or new democrat money?

No phoney outrage.

The Buffett Rule raises taxes on all millionaires, Democrat and Republican.

If you have a shred of intellectual honesty, you'll then have to agree that the idea that rich people should pay a higher tax rate than poor people is only 'fair' by someone's arbitrary made-up definition of what 'fair' is.

Well?

Pass the Buffett Rule.
Thank you for failing to address what I said.

Good for him.. glad to see someone earning good returns.. being successful...

Hope more people do the same

Is that why Republicans shipped millions of American jobs to China?

Prosperity without working? I thought the right wing was against that? Guess not.

Why are you so blindingly obtuse that you refuse to acknowledge that not just Republicans own successful businesses, businesses that have found a necessary to move overseas in order to remain successful? Or are you once again implying that Dems/liberals are too stoopid to found and run successful businesses? Or is it that the only way for Dems to become wealthy is to steal someone else's money?
Really Gallie:eusa_hand::cool:

Well?

Pass the Buffett Rule.

No, the idea that millionaires who don't work should pay taxes at a slightly higher rate is fair.

To those whom much is given, much is expected.

I have to pay higher taxes at a higher rate because I make more.

I think that's fair.

The average American family makes $50,000.00 a year.

Romney paid 13.9% in taxes.

The average American's taxes are double Romney's.

This is the bottom line.

Romney's tax plan would cut his taxes by half.

Newt's tax plan would taxes for Romney all together.

Both would raise taxes on the average American.

I want to see Republicans run on this.

You're full of shit. The top 50% of wage earners pay over 96% of the income taxes in this country.

Show some PROOF that the "average" American pays 27.8% (13.9% x 2) in income taxes.

You are MORON, a LIAR, and a HYPOCRITE.

Ever heard of CAPITAL GAINS TAXES, moron? That's the taxes that are paid by SUCCESSFUL people..............something you obviously don't know ANYTHING about.

This is the bottom line.

You're full of shit. The top 50% of wage earners pay over 96% of the income taxes in this country.

Show some PROOF that the "average" American pays 27.8% (13.9% x 2) in income taxes.

Ever heard of CAPITAL GAINS TAXES, moron? That's the taxes that are paid by SUCCESSFUL people..............something you obviously don't know ANYTHING about.

That's because the bottom 50% are old people on Social Security, the disabled, and the working poor.

This is the bottom line.

That's because the bottom 50% are old people on Social Security, the disabled, and the working poor.

Those are the people the Republican leadership want to screw. It's part of the "let him die" philosophy. But they aren't doing it because they are mean, which they are. They just want to squeeze out every cent they can. Republicans are the party of "Mister Potter" and they want America to be "Potter's Field".

This is the bottom line.

Because he is a whore, and how do whores make money?

Those are the people the Republican leadership want to screw. It's part of the "let him die" philosophy. But they aren't doing it because they are mean, which they are. They just want to squeeze out every cent they can. Republicans are the party of "Mister Potter" and they want America to be "Potter's Field".

Obama is George Bailey, and the Republicans are Old Man Potter.

And just like George Bailey, Obama is going to win in the end.

And remember kiddies, that's how much his TAXABLE income was.

Most of his income is tied up in a retirement account and isn't subject to taxes, yet.

So that is ONLY a small part of his overall incomes every year.

The TAXABLE part.

I guess it would not be fair if your example of flat tax was somehow in violation of one of the defiitions posted. To me a flat tax, where the same percentage of income comes from everyone regardless of income, is 'free from self-interest'. Free of prejudice and does not show favoritism. Do you disagree?

Regardless, if you contend that not even a flat tax is fair, then you would certainly have to admit that the way it is done now is also not fair and thus also have to admit that a fair tax code is not what your really want.....which was my point to begin with.

Well?

I said it's entirely subjective.

A rich person, btw, pays the same marginal rates as the poor person does.

In a 'fair' tax system, you and Mitt Romney would pay the same dollar amount of taxes.

YOU don't want that, which means you don't want a fair tax system either.

Two things:

1) Who says I don't want that? The only way to realistically do dollar for dollar is for the dollar amount to be no more than the poorest person can provide. I'd be fine with that.

2)I ask again, how does the same percentage of income coming from everyone violate the posted definition of fair?

1. So everyone would pay zero. Please stop acting like an idiot.

2. I already explained this. If cars, for example, were sold at prices based on a percentage of your income, would that be fair? So that you might pay 15,000 for a new car, and Mitt Romney might have to pay a million?

Pass the Buffett Rule.
No, the idea that millionaires who don't work should pay taxes at a slightly higher rate is fair.
You have to agree that the idea that rich people should pay a higher tax rate than poor people is only 'fair' by someone's arbitrary made-up definition of what 'fair' is.
:dunno:

Well?
I said it's entirely subjective.
Well then - your arguments based on nothing but your subjective standard of fairness are unpersuasive to anyone capable of critical thought.

Come back whwn you can present your argument with an objective standard.

You have to agree that the idea that rich people should pay a higher tax rate than poor people is only 'fair' by someone's arbitrary made-up definition of what 'fair' is.
:dunno:

Is it "fair" that the very wealthy can buy politicians to change the law so what was merely unethical becomes perfectly legal? Poor people don't have the same ability to "buy" representation. The deck is stacked against them. Is that fair.

Besides, I suspect most of the Republican base can't be called "rich". But most of their leaders can.

Dumbfuck....since Romney's investments made money, that means companies he invested in did well and created jobs....more jobs than you and Obamination have made in your miserable lives.

This is the bottom line.

Forum List

Back