Woman denied prescription to end pregnancy............

CNN LIED
According to the UK Independent, at nine weeks, Arteaga was tragically told that her baby’s heartbeat had stopped and that she would soon miscarry her child.

Where is the lie? That was in the OP story. From the OP link: "She was two months pregnant, but her doctor had told her the baby's development had stopped and she would ultimately miscarry.

"I was having an undeveloped fetus with no heartbeat and so ultimately was going to have a miscarriage," she told AZ Family."

CNN LIED

But the Walgreens pharmacist, listed as Brian Hreniuc, had no way of knowing the reason why Arteaga was being prescribed a medication normally given as the second part of a medication abortion. And therefore, on conscience grounds, he refused to dispense the medication,

CNN LIED

But the Walgreens pharmacist, listed as Brian Hreniuc, had no way of knowing the reason why Arteaga was being prescribed a medication normally given as the second part of a medication abortion. And therefore, on conscience grounds, he refused to dispense the medication,
She told him.....and he was deservedly fired.

The pharmacist was doing harm to the woman.

Parents who for religious reason withhold medical care for children are doing harm.

Those types of people should be hung in the public square.

Poor Jakey, aims and misses again.
CNN LIED

CNN LIED

Yeah but the doctor may well have commited mal practice.

CNN LIED

instead sending her prescription to another Walgreens pharmacy, which filled it for her — a detail not included in Arteaga’s first, now-viral Facebook post,

Last edited:
CNN LIED

It is legal in Arizona for a pharmacist to refuse to fill a prescription on religious or moral grounds, and Walgreens policy allows pharmacists to refuse, from the articles I've read. I'm not sure just what he was fired for, but just because he refused to fill the prescription doesn't seem like reason enough.

CNN LIED

Lesson to be learned: if you use CNN as a source, make sure you verify thru multiple sources.

And never forget... .

CNN LIES

CNN LIED

It is legal in Arizona for a pharmacist to refuse to fill a prescription on religious or moral grounds, and Walgreens policy allows pharmacists to refuse, from the articles I've read. I'm not sure just what he was fired for, but just because he refused to fill the prescription doesn't seem like reason enough.

Ah, I may have found the reason. In this article Walgreens pharmacist in Peoria denies mother miscarriage medicine due to moral objection it says, "Arteaga said the he did not explain any further. Despite two other pharmacists working behind the counter, she said, he told her she could come back the next night or go to another pharmacy to see if they would fill the prescription." Walgreens policy is to refer to another pharmacist so the customer has the prescription filled in a timely fashion. If the pharmacist really had the woman leave when other pharmacists were there, that might be the grounds for firing.

Last edited:
CNN LIED

I think this guy has a great case. Hope it goes to Trump's Supreme Court.

"Trump's Supreme Court"? You might want to look into separation of powers. Or even just count the number of justices on the court nominated by Trump. ;)
Sorry minion, but presidents make the Supreme Court. Hopefully Ginsburg will go to.... soon, and another will retire or meet their Maker.

It will be Trump's Supreme Court for decades to come.

Parents who for religious reason withhold medical care for children are doing harm.

CNN LIED

CNN LIED

Bless Leo's heart, he backs the pharmacist for not doing his duty, and in so doing, could have cause irreparable harm to the woman.

Again, I don't know the full details but it seems curious that a physician was prescribing a drug to induce termination when the regular procedure for a miscarriage is a D&C to remove any fetal tissue that could complicate a future pregnancy.

Miscarriages are common so there must be something happening here that isn't being reported that caused the pharmacist be unwilling to prescribe a medication. We might never know the facts of the case and some of us will make snap judgements based on our belief system.
They definitely are trying to dominate others' lives by being obstructionists. Guys like this need to be shown the door. Why should she have had the burden placed on her? She's the one who went through this experience on the say-so of someone who may have been a perfect stranger and someone to whom she had no obligation. And, as I said, she had no warning.

Any person who can't do his or her job should find another line of work.
i do not know about pharmacists but nurses and doctors have every right to say no to participating in abortion.

What would be appropriate compensation for the woman involved here?

I never hear anyone mention the victims in these situations, just the "holy" folks, provided, of course, that they are members of the "correct" religion. This woman was already stressed out, and this jackass made it worse.
She's stressed, agreed. More reason to have a 48 hour delay.
Hello! The baby had died!
Wrong. Baby was alive.

Shall I teach you what happens when a child dies in the womb?
Yes! Please do.

She/CNN left out this important tidbit until a day later:

Arteaga updated her post a day later, writing, “After I walked out of Walgreens Thursday night without my prescription I received email notification that my prescription was ready at location across town. Brian H. ultimately had it transferred to another location that had it in stock after I had left upset.”

CNN LIED

CNN LIED

Bless Leo's heart, he backs the pharmacist for not doing his duty, and in so doing, could have cause irreparable harm to the woman.

CNN LIED

CNN LIED

What kind of irreparable harm?

She/CNN left out this important tidbit until a day later:

Arteaga updated her post a day later, writing, “After I walked out of Walgreens Thursday night without my prescription I received email notification that my prescription was ready at location across town. Brian H. ultimately had it transferred to another location that had it in stock after I had left upset.”
So, he did exactly what he should have. Imagine leaving out these details.

If I'm not mistaken, if it goes against their religious beliefs, that they need to pass it off to management or another pharmacist. Also, I believe they need to state their religious views, etc with said company beforehand. I personally disagree. The doctor wrote the script, fill it. Don't tell me what I can and can't do

Forum List

Back