Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

I disagree that is enticing. [...]
Perhaps it's not enticing to the ordinary rational mentality. But it very well could be provocative to the extraordinary sexually disordered mentality, which accounts for most forcible rape incidents.

and he could be triggered by someone in sweat pants and a heavy sweater walking home with her groceries

Point being? That we should not be able to wear what we want because we should fear rape?
That would depend on where and when you are wearing what you want. The same logical rule applies to wearing expensive jewelry.

If you want to walk around showing off what you have there are people who are inclined to take it from you by force. That is a simple fact of life in the real world and common sense dictates that you limit your vulnerability.

But if you're the type who likes to take chances -- I wish you luck.

Perhaps it's not enticing to the ordinary rational mentality. But it very well could be provocative to the extraordinary sexually disordered mentality, which accounts for most forcible rape incidents.
Vulnerability is what provokes rapists. It's like you people don't give a damn what the facts are based on decades of studying rape and you cling to ignorant opinions. Stop that.

Vulnerability is what provokes rapists. It's like you people don't give a damn what the facts are based on decades of studying rape and you cling to ignorant opinions. Stop that.

It's true, I walked around like a bad ass in SE DC and Landover MD (as a petite white girl) and no one ever bothered me.... maybe it was just luck though.....

Point being? That we should not be able to wear what we want because we should fear rape?
That would depend on where and when you are wearing what you want. The same logical rule applies to wearing expensive jewelry.

If you want to walk around showing off what you have there are people who are inclined to take it from you by force. That is a simple fact of life in the real world and common sense dictates that you limit your vulnerability.

These people who take by force, can they bleed? Can they die? Maybe we should have lots of women walking the streets wearing bikinis and shaking their money maker and then blow away the hordes of men you say can't control their urges. It will be a zombie movie only with live people dying in waves of jilted lust onslaughts.

If people have to be so afraid, amybe they should never go out at all or just kill themselves?

You can't live your life afraid of every other person out there.

If people have to be so afraid, amybe they should never go out at all or just kill themselves?

Face it, most people don't get raped randomly.....
I think sexy dress might give guys the wrong idea, many men seem to make assumptions based on how woman dress. When I was told men think you are easy if you wear a short, tight dress I was mortified.

Face it, most people don't get raped randomly.....
I think sexy dress might give guys the wrong idea, many men seem to make assumptions based on how woman dress. When I was told men think you are easy if you wear a short, tight dress I was mortified.

Most are raped by family or someone they know.
It is rape and it is wrong. It is not the girls fault.

Don't try to blame the victim for the wrong of the rapists. It does not matter if she was naked, the rapist was the criminal.

These people who take by force, can they bleed? Can they die? Maybe we should have lots of women walking the streets wearing bikinis and shaking their money maker and then blow away the hordes of men you say can't control their urges. It will be a zombie movie only with live people dying in waves of jilted lust onslaughts.

That would be AWESOME! :banana2:

True enough but some young girls do walk around wearing short skirts or short shorts all the time, and I don't see that as "inviting" anyone to do anything. They just want to look good and they have the bodies, so they do. To say that wearing a short skirt makes a person a "slut" or that anyone should think for a moment that it means they want sex is incredibly ignorant. And of course, we all know that women who are dressed in a T-shirt and jeans get raped too. Unless you can show me any statistics where rape has been correlated with type of dress . . . I do not believe it is. Many unattractive women are raped too.

True enough but some young girls do walk around wearing short skirts or short shorts all the time, and I don't see that as "inviting" anyone to do anything. They just want to look good and they have the bodies, so they do. To say that wearing a short skirt makes a person a "slut" or that anyone should think for a moment that it means they want sex is incredibly ignorant. And of course, we all know that women who are dressed in a T-shirt and jeans get raped too. Unless you can show me any statistics where rape has been correlated with type of dress . . . I do not believe it is. Many unattractive women are raped too.

They just want to look good. For whom, if I may ask?

For guys that THEY choose to date. Not some thug who thinks having a dick gives him the right to rape her.

For guys that THEY choose to date. Not some thug who thinks having a dick gives him the right to rape her.

Exactamundo!!! :D

And also because most women just like to look good when they go out in the public. Personally, I'm a small person and I don't like wearing big baggy clothing. I'm a tiny person, and my clothes are tiny too. :) Lol.

I think several men on this thread are admitting something about themselves, that they won't be able to control their urges and the sight of a hot woman in revealing clothes makes them feel rapey. Trying to project that on others just deepens the entrenched denial.

So says Chrissie Hynde...

Singer Chrissie Hynde has come under fire for suggesting it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

"You know if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him," she said, in an interview in the Sunday Times.

The Pretenders singer, 63, said she takes "full responsibility" after she was sexually assaulted aged 21 in Ohio.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk. Who else's fault can it be?" Hynde told Krissi Murison.

Chrissie Hynde under fire for rape remarks

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...
in my case; i agree to not take women seriously about it being my turn to use them unless they come up to me and bear True Witness to me that it is my turn; simply for the sake of honesty as a moral in modern times. :p

I agree, all good. I wanted ChrisL to answer that question.
Here is another one. For whom they're getting the boob job?
Just don't tell me it's the same answer - The guy they chose to date?

And also because most women just like to look good when they go out in the public. Personally, I'm a small person and I don't like wearing big baggy clothing. I'm a tiny person, and my clothes are tiny too. :) Lol.

What's your norm?

I think several men on this thread are admitting something about themselves, that they won't be able to control their urges and the sight of a hot woman in revealing clothes makes them feel rapey. Trying to project that on others just deepens the entrenched denial.

I would like to see the proof of that.
Also, what, in your opinion, means "feel rapey"?

What's your norm?

My norm? I don't know what you mean. I dress in all different ways depending on the activity I have planned. Normally, my clothes are more tight-fitting than loose though. I have a petite body and when I wear baggy clothing . . . it just doesn't look good and I just don't feel good in it. I feel dumpy.

Forum List

Back