Would you vote for a devout Muslim running for POTUS?

Would you vote for a devout Muslim that was running for POTUS?

• Total voters
I don't see a check-box for "the question is irrelevant".

Funny, I remember a lot of noise warning against one particular candidate on account of his religion in the past. It didn't make a lick of sense either. What was his name..... something starting with JFK I think.

Same shit, different day. See evil monster. Keel evil monster. Two Minutes Hate --- it's been running longer than Sabado Gigante.

Yawn...
The difference being, the Vatican didn't do this...

1346949467_3155_towers.jpg

According to Trump - we already have a Muslim president.
Very possible but many of us did nor vote for him either.

Well, ain't it nice to have a choice.
I just put this in another thread but I will repeat it for you. Five of us agreed to vote for a certain candidate in the last election not in either party. When the election results came out I notice that those five votes were not included in the election results. I asked each of the four others if they actually voted for that particular candidate and each said yes. So I truly do not think anyone is really getting a whole lot of choices out there in vote land.

That certainly doesn't surprise me. After what was done to Al Gore in Florida in 2000 - nothing surprises me. We only have the illusion of a democracy. The power brokers run the show.

I just put this in another thread but I will repeat it for you. Five of us agreed to vote for a certain candidate in the last election not in either party. When the election results came out I notice that those five votes were not included in the election results. I asked each of the four others if they actually voted for that particular candidate and each said yes. So I truly do not think anyone is really getting a whole lot of choices out there in vote land.

That certainly doesn't surprise. After what was done to Al Gore in Florida in 2000 - nothing surprises me. We only have the illusion of a democracy. The power brokers run the show.
It has been that away for awhile. I was put under arrest the night after an election back in the early 90's. Evidently I pissed some people off when 200 people came out to vote verses the normal 80 to 90 usual voters for our little town.

I'd think long and hard before casting a vote for anyone who claims to be devout. That goes for any religion. I prefer my leaders to be firmly grounded in reality.....in the here and now.

If Barack Obama had said something stupid like he doesn't think we evolved or that the earth is only 6000 years old....I wouldn't have voted for him.

Reason. It isn't overrated.

Last edited:

That certainly doesn't surprise. After what was done to Al Gore in Florida in 2000 - nothing surprises me. We only have the illusion of a democracy. The power brokers run the show.
It has been that away for awhile. I was put under arrest the night after an election back in the early 90's. Evidently I pissed some people off when 200 people came out to vote verses the normal 80 to 90 usual voters for our little town.

You tell nice stories.

I don't see a check-box for "the question is irrelevant".

Funny, I remember a lot of noise warning against one particular candidate on account of his religion in the past. It didn't make a lick of sense either. What was his name..... something starting with JFK I think.

Same shit, different day. See evil monster. Keel evil monster. Two Minutes Hate --- it's been running longer than Sabado Gigante.

Yawn...
The difference being, the Vatican didn't do this...

1346949467_3155_towers.jpg

-- nor did any other religion.

Nor, for that matter, did the Vatican do this:
LaterFace.jpg

This is why I keep railing about Composition Fallacies. Because they're .... fallacies.

I gotta wonder about wags who can't distinguish between a religion, and the actions of people who may follow a religion. You'd think this stuff wouldn't be that complex.

-- nor did any other religion...
And that's where you're wrong.

Islam is a Warrior Religion, with more horns on it than an entire fleet of Mack trucks...

Your problem lies in an inability to distinguish Friend from Foe, in this context...

I'll keep my own counsel in such matters, rather than yours, thank you very much.

Looks like most of the liberals are afraid to vote in the poll.

What are they afraid of?

-- nor did any other religion...
And that's where you're wrong.

Islam is a Warrior Religion, with more horns on it than an entire fleet of Mack trucks...

Your problem lies in an inability to distinguish Friend from Foe, in this context...

I'll keep my own counsel in such matters, rather than yours, thank you very much.

Yeah yeah, "when we do it it's noble, when they do it it's abomination", heard it all before...

The Composition Fallacy remains the elephant in the room. In other words if a drunk in a Subaru runs me over, that doesn't make me go, "oh no, I can't ride in your Subaru-- that's a killer car".

Last edited:

What are they afraid of?

Your question is inoperative. As I said in my first post, it doesn't have a choice for "irrelevant".

I have never in my life voted for (or against) anybody anywhere on the basis of "wull... gee Wally, what religion is he?" That's stoopid.

I wouldn't vote for a devout Christian either

Nutjob religious fanatics are still fanatics

What are they afraid of?

Your question is inoperative. As I said in my first post, it doesn't have a choice for "irrelevant".

I have never in my life voted for (or against) anybody anywhere on the basis of "wull... gee Wally, what religion is he?" That's stoopid.

If you vote for and see a devout Muslim elected as President? You'll find out why it matters.

You tell nice stories.
Actually it was not a very nice event but the people in that entire district did something even more unusual a few years later, it had never been done before in that state. They voted a nasty judge that signed the order for more arrest off the bench. He did not believe people should actually have their constitutional rights, nor did he believe that parents know or should have a right to believe and choose what is best for their own children. That is sorta what most libs act like they believe now. Maybe that is a sign of what's coming next for those who deny the people freedom of liberty and freedom of choice to say "I don't agree with you or like your agendas".

We haven't had a strongly religious president since Carter

Didn't work out well

You tell nice stories.
Actually it was not a very nice event but the people in that entire district did something even more unusual a few years later, it had never been done before in that state. They voted a nasty judge that signed the order for more arrest off the bench. He did not believe people should actually have their constitutional rights, nor did he believe that parents know or should have a right to believe and choose what is best for their own children. That is sorta what most libs act like they believe now. Maybe that is a sign of what's coming next for those who deny the people freedom of liberty and freedom of choice to say "I don't agree with you or like your agendas".

I don't believe you.

Forum List

Back