Wouldn't Texas and New Mexico be united?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
How similar are these states in terms of culture and population? As far as I understand, these are both Mexican states in the past? If they united would it give any advantages?

How similar are these states in terms of culture and population? As far as I understand, these are both Mexican states in the past? If they united would it give any advantages?
They are no longer possessions of Mexico and haven't been for over 150 years. They are also different as night and day politically. Texas is mostly conservative while NM has been historically liberal and democrat. The one thing you have right is that they both have large Hispanic populations.

• Banned
They are no longer possessions of Mexico and haven't been for over 150 years. They are also different as night and day politically. Texas is mostly conservative while NM has been historically liberal and democrat. The one thing you have right is that they both have large Hispanic populations.
Liberal in the sense of the leftism? Why are they leftists?

Nothing even resembling a tree in New Mexico.
You're confusing west Texas and Arizona with New Mexico........ The have Joshua Trees.......

plant_joshua-tree_KiskaMedia-GettyImages_600x300.ashx

Texas was a Republic that got its independence from Mexico before joining the US.

One of the reasons why it became independent was because of the huge number of Americans that moved across the border into Texas.

Are you a Jill Biden sock puppet? Are you trying to label all Hispanic people as diverse as breakfast tacos? That is like saying that Pakistanis and Indians are the same? Get it?
I'm just interested in America lately. For me it was a revelation, I am stunned how different America is from what they think of it in Europe. The people of the United States are damn different for the better, they are very simple-hearted, real freedom has remained in America to this day.

Don't know about New Mexico and Texas identity.

Pakistan is not like India because they are different nations. Mainly Pashtuns live in Pakistan. India itself is also very different, at least the North and South are very different there.

Arizona and Nevada too.
Half of CO, all of WY, UT, most of CA and most of NM and AZ were acquired by the US when Mexico ceded them after the Mexican American war. The southern portions of NM and AZ were acquired in the Gadsden Purchase. The area of the US west of the Mississippi R. was acquired in the Louisiana Purchase. No. CA, ID, OR and WA were granted to the US by Russia, indeed, much of BC, Canada should be US territory north to the 54-40 latitude, but the US was magnanimous with Canada and agreed on the 49th parallel as the border with Canada.

Forum List

Back