Yankee or Dixie quiz

79% (Dixie). That is a pretty strong Southern score!

Y'all come back now, ya hear? :D

53% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.

:mad: I've been living in the south too long.

Oh, well, according to my roommate, as long as I refer to a carbonated drink as "soda" I'm a Yankee.

Yeah, I'm dumb for saying 'soda' and yet, here's a real conversation we've had:

Him: I'm going to get a Coke, you want one?
Me: Yeah.
Him: What kind?
Me: [pause] I thought you said Coke?
Him: Yeah, but what kind do you want.
Me: Just regular.
Him: No, I mean, do you want Sprite, Mountain Dew, what?
Me: [long pause] But, you said Coke.

Every time I want a drink, I gotta do 'Who's on First' with this guy. :rolleyes:

I was 81% southerner.

Oh, and Janeen, did you cheat? for a girl that's never been out of jersey, you sure have a lot of southern in you!

Originally posted by Dan

Every time I want a drink, I gotta do 'Who's on First' with this guy. :rolleyes:

having lived in Texas for several years I do relate to this somewhat widespread southern term for soft drink....coke was the first readily available drink that the masses could enjoy and it stuck...old habits are hard to break

Originally posted by Moi
I was 81% southerner.

Oh, and Janeen, did you cheat? for a girl that's never been out of jersey, you sure have a lot of southern in you!
she got alot of something in her anyway...lol

Originally posted by Dan

Holy shit Dan that's funny :D.

BTW 48% Yankee, everyone around here says "pop" but after living in New York I'm stuck on "soda". And I actually draw out the o "soooda" .

BTW 48% Yankee, everyone around here says "pop" but after living in New York I'm stuck on "soda". And I actually draw out the o "soooda" .

I think that's really what I get made fun of, the only 2 words that make me sound like a Yankee are soda ("soooda", like you said) and 'dog' and 'coffee'. I can't really spell out how I say dog, other than to say it rhymes with the way I say 'coffee'. I just kind of drag out the 'o', I guess. Imagine dog or coffee in a real strong NY/NJ accent, tone it down a little, and you've got how I say it. Does that make sense?

100 precent Pure DIXIE! SOUTHERN BORN, AND SOUTHERN BRED....AND WE DO EAT CRAWFISH... GATOR TAIL, BEAR MEAT,POSSUM, AND REDNECKS FROM HELL....ASK JEFF HE KNOWS ME WELL..I MIGHT NEED TO TAKE THAT QUIZ..THE NORTH IS OK BUT I PREFER TO LIVE IN THE SOUTH.. :smoke:

Forum List

Back