Yellowstone Volcano Alert System Just Detected 250% Increase in Activity

Yellowstone National Park is experiencing a lot of earthquakes, overactive geysers, and smoke coming out of the ground

Don't believe all the hype.

Seismicity

During June 2023, the University of Utah Seismograph Stations, responsible for the operation and analysis of the Yellowstone Seismic Network, located 78 earthquakes in the Yellowstone National Park region. The largest event of the month was a minor earthquake of magnitude 2.8 located about 17 miles north-northeast of Moran, Wyoming, on June 17 at 11:58 AM MDT.

There were no swarms in the Yellowstone region during the month.

Yellowstone earthquake activity is currently at background levels.

Don't believe all the hype.

Seismicity

During June 2023, the University of Utah Seismograph Stations, responsible for the operation and analysis of the Yellowstone Seismic Network, located 78 earthquakes in the Yellowstone National Park region. The largest event of the month was a minor earthquake of magnitude 2.8 located about 17 miles north-northeast of Moran, Wyoming, on June 17 at 11:58 AM MDT.

There were no swarms in the Yellowstone region during the month.

Yellowstone earthquake activity is currently at background levels.
The title of my thread was not "Yellowstone Volcano Alert System Just Detected 250% Increase in Activity." My only reason for posting the youtube article was only to let people on USMB forum was to let them know that the foresters who worked for the Federal government wanted to close down Yellowstone National Park while the exaggerated height of the geysers were so dangerous families who chose this year to take their kids to the park could wind up as casualties. The information I found did mention the earth-shattering event of 700 million years ago (or whatever # of years they furnished, if it was repeated, would be fatal. That's a far cry from my intended purpose of letting people know this year's overactivity of hot spot mudpots, geysers three times their heights, and an explosive potential volcano was worrisome to them over visitors well-being, not to mention the toll on the park rangers, many of whom work summers between their university endeavors for the rest of the year when heavy snows also make the Park dangerous to human life.

I'm sorry the little thread I started was repeated by the person who came up with the current title became worrisome to USMB, but a conspiracy theory was not my goal for this thread, only telling people to plan another year to visit the amazing Yellowstone National Park due to overactivity of the phenomena that draw people to the park to see part of the diversity of environmental oddities that can be dangerous if a child cuts loose to go jump in a boiling pot of water some of the rainbow-colored pools are, and parents have traditionally been cautioned to not allow children to jump in a greater than 212 degrees Farenheit pool, most of which have Rangers nearby to make sure everyone is safe. The little cute black bears should not be fed, but people take a loaf of bread there anyway because their parents did 20 years earlier when they got their first visit to the park. The buffalo need to be left alone because they take great umbrage at being approached by humans, large or small, but some people get hurt because they think they're in some kind of a children's zoo, and the cute moose aren't cute anymore when they charge an unwanted intruder. The Park Rangers do all they can to keep people and their families safe, and their safety is moot in some situations that are just uncontrollable. This year's boil-over has the Rangers very worried they cannot do their usual job of making people and their families safe. I have no idea how my purpose became a conspiracy theory, but it's a bad year for the park, and no one knows how long the year that started off with losing the northern entrance road to destruction by its nearby river that ate away at the winding northern road in the park.

My apologies to the board for the turn this thread made.

Well, if Yellowstone went pop, a global ice age will happen from all the dust in the air.

And Joe Biden and democrats would be declaring a global cooling state of emergency ordering everyone to buy an ICE car with immediate new plans to open 25 new coal power plants while declaring EVs, wind farms and solar power illegal.

They are always threatening us with ....Yellowstone the super volcano....is going to explode now...get ready and all that !look out.....run for your life......................blah blah blah

...............but the volcano always let us down.....it never happens!:(
I'm 62 and currently holding out for the nukes to fly. My only wish is to live long enough to hear that DC has become a glowing crater ;)

No, but it’s funny that we’re being treated to this when so many feel we’re all f-ed anyway. Now, if there was just some way to make money off their delusions. :heehee:
You types always seem convinced that it will never be YOU who suffer. America's demise is ALL OUR DEMISE.

I'm 62 and currently holding out for the nukes to fly. My only wish is to live long enough to hear that DC has become a glowing crater ;)
I can't join you on that one. I have a friend and a doctor who is in the Senate in DC. He visits his state in a different city most every week on the calendar. He is of, by, and for the people of his state, he attends the church where we first met him, and he led the state pitching for a annual St. Jude's Children's Hospital to raise funds so poor parents could afford for their cancerous child or other problems so they could devote their time off work to visit their young one that was afflicted but has a good chance of growing up once cured. Everyone loves that Senator, as he never forgot who sent him to Washington, and he has not once disappointed the people of the great state of Wyoming, where we lived for 35 years. his death would be a blow not only to his state, but also the nation. He is the inspiration for others to stay close to the people of their states by his amazing example. I am certain the people of his State whom he benefited by intelligent regular visiting their communities to get what they want done as a US Senator.

Global warming causes everything.
Global warming is the current religion of the Democrats with Pope Al Gore.

1688446764404.jpeg

Yellowstone is a Super Volcano. If it erupts most of the country is fucked. And the lava and ash do not care about political affiliation.
The 1975 eruption of a Volcano in Yellowstone National Park did little to affect this nation other than to hire university students to work on cleanup jobs. Helped out with enabling them to pay for their own education for people whose family can't afford money for higher education.

Forum List

Back