YES, America CERTAINLY WAS FOUNDED as a CHRISTIAN NATION...

Ulitmate seems very unbalanced and very interested in lesbianism, as if that is important at all.

Very creey, and UR is obiviously someone who offers little of worth to the discussion.

Seriously? Our legal standard was based in Christianity.

And blackstone's views were shaped by the legal practices of ancient Rome, ancient Greece, and the germanic tribes who meandered into Italy from around 100 BCE, all of whose legal systems predated the birth of Christ by centuries. The pagan germanic tribes developed the practice of wereguild which is foundational to our system of civil law in this country. The Romans and Greeks practiced trial by jury and developed practices such as the accused being entitled to a legal defender and appointed judges. Your lack of historical knowledge on the subject is readily apparent.

Our constitution and declaration of independence were most informed by enlightenment ideals, not Christian ones.

Last edited:
Darwinian thought seizes Harvard Law and the Blackstone is booted out. In 1869, Eliot becomes president of Harvard.

Charles William Eliot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eliot appoints Langdell, who doesn't believe in a ridgid law based on Christianity, as taught in the Blackstone, but as a Darwin disciple, believes the law is evolving. Moral relativism at Harvard is born and Christo is dropped from the Motto, with only Veritas remaining.

Christopher Columbus Langdell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And so begins the demise of our Christian Nation as it was founded.
Neither of your links say what you claim.

Fail.

And blackstone's views were shaped by the legal practices of ancient Rome, ancient Greece, and the germanic tribes who meandered into Italy from around 100 BCE, all of whose legal systems predated the birth of Christ by centuries. The pagan germanic tribes developed the practice of wereguild which is foundational to our system of civil law in this country. The Romans and Greeks practiced trial by jury and developed practices such as the accused being entitled to a legal defender and appointed judges. Your lack of historical knowledge on the subject is readily apparent.

Our constitution and declaration of independence were most informed by enlightenment ideals, not Christian ones.
You know, I don't remember reading about jury trials in the books of the law of the Bible ... :dunno:

Wow, did anyone tell Justinian that it was really the wild Germans....

Lurkers, ignore the bullshit of Catzshit. Justinian I ordered the "Twelve Tables" of Roman law constructed in 449 B.C. - it is from his name that we get our word "Justice."

Show us where in the Constitution that the law was based on the Bible.

Our law is based on Greco-Roman law and Jewish-Christian culture, not on religious texts.

Wow, did anyone tell Justinian that it was really the wild Germans....

Lurkers, ignore the bullshit of Catzshit. Justinian I ordered the "Twelve Tables" of Roman law constructed in 449 B.C. - it is from his name that we get our word "Justice."

Justinian didn't assume the throne until 534 A.D. The 12 tables weren't ordered by Justinian....they were created almost a thousand years before Justinian was born, you fucking rube. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_law

Hence my points.

The first legal text is the Law of the Twelve Tables, dating from mid-5th century BC. The plebeian tribune, C. Terentilius Arsa, proposed that the law should be written, in order to prevent magistrates from applying the law arbitrarily.[4] After eight years of political struggle, the plebeian social class convinced the patricians to send a delegation to Athens, to copy the Laws of Solon; they also dispatched delegations to other Greek cities for like reason.[4] In 451 BC, according to the traditional story (as Livy tells it), ten Roman citizens were chosen to record the laws (decemviri legibus scribundis). While they were performing this task, they were given supreme political power (imperium), whereas the power of the magistrates was restricted.[4] In 450 BC, the decemviri produced the laws on ten tablets (tabulae), but these laws were regarded as unsatisfactory by the plebeians. A second decemvirate is said to have added two further tablets in 449 BC. The new Law of the Twelve Tables was approved by the people's assembly.[4]

Tacitus describes Germanic laws and practices in his book Germania, which dates to around 98 AD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_germania

And, the origin of the term justice is from the Latin Justitia, the name of a pagan goddess whose likeness is seen around U.S. Courts nationwide:

Ancient Rome adopted the image of a female goddess of justice, which it called Justitia. Since Roman times, Justitia has frequently been depicted carrying scales and a sword, and wearing a blindfold. Her modern iconography frequently adorns courthouses and courtrooms, and conflates the attributes of several goddesses who embodied Right Rule for Greeks and Romans, blending Roman blindfolded Fortuna (fate) with Hellenistic Greek Tyche (luck), and sword-carrying Nemesis (vengeance).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Justice

Last edited:
How does what you've written here conflict with my comments in any way?

You foolishly and ignorantly claimed that our Justice system (note the similarity of the word to "Justinian") is derived from Germanic tribes, then listed "100 BCE" as the date. Hey, you used the PC revisionist notation, so it must be right...

You're a blowhard Catz.

There can be legitimate debate as to whether trial by jury actually began with Justinian, some say the Greeks had a Jury system that predates Rome. Either way, it didn't come from "Germanic Tribes" in "100 BCE" as you claimed.

It is positively documented in 449 B.C.

{Patricians long opposed this request, but around 451 BC, the first decemviri (decemvirate - board of "Ten Men") was appointed to draw up the first ten tables. According to Livy, they sent an embassy to Greece to study the legislative system of Athens, known as the Solonian Constitution, but also to find out about the legislation of other Greek cities.[2][3] Modern scholars believe the Roman assembly most likely visited the Greek cities of Southern Italy, and did not travel all the way to Greece.[4] In 450 BC, the second decemviri started work on the last two tables.

The first decemvirate completed the first ten codes in 450 BC. Here is how Livy describes their creation,

"...every citizen should quietly consider each point, then talk it over with his friends, and, finally, bring forward for public discussion any additions or subtractions which seemed desirable." (cf. Liv. III 34)

In 449 BC, the second decemvirate completed the last two codes, and after a secessio plebis to force the Senate to consider them, the Law of the Twelve Tables was formally promulgated.[5] The Twelve Tables were drawn up on twelve ivory tablets (Livy says bronze) which were posted in the Roman Forum so all Romans could read and know them. It was not a comprehensive statement of all law, but a sequence of definitions of various private rights and procedures. They generally took for granted such things as the institutions of the family and various rituals for formal transactions.}

Twelve Tables - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How does what you've written here conflict with my comments in any way?

You foolishly and ignorantly claimed that our Justice system (note the similarity of the word to "Justinian") is derived from Germanic tribes, then listed "100 BCE" as the date. Hey, you used the PC revisionist notation, so it must be right...

You're a blowhard Catz.

There can be legitimate debate as to whether trial by jury actually began with Justinian, some say the Greeks had a Jury system that predates Rome. Either way, it didn't come from "Germanic Tribes" in "100 BCE" as you claimed.

It is positively documented in 449 B.C.

My post:

The Germanic tribes meandered into Italy around 100 BCE, bringing the practice of wereguild which shaped the basis for modern civil law. The practice of criminal law dates back much further than that.

You still are too stupid to realize how hard you've stepped on your own dick in this thread.

First, Justinian I wasn't involved in laws created in 459 B.C. He wasn't alive for another thousand years.

Second, Justinian's name is not the origin of the term justice. The term derives from an ancient pagan goddess, Justitia, whose likeness adorned Roman coins and temples well before the birth of Christ...and Justitia is based upon an older Greek goddess (Dike) and an even older Egyptian goddess (Maat).

Justinian's legal code is, as I have stated several times, based upon much older greek, roman, and germanic legal practices.

you remain a moron who is ignorant of his own stupidity.

The Law of Twelves Tables and Justinian, separated by a thousand years, are proof that America has a Bible based legal system?

Oh, my goodness, Uncensored.

Our Supreme Court said that we are a Christian Nation in 1892.

If we pass beyond these matters to a view of American life, as expressed by its laws, its business, its customs, and its society, we find everywhere a clear recognition of the same truth. Among other matters note the following: The form of oath universally prevailing, concluding with an appeal to the Almighty; the custom of opening sessions of all deliberative bodies and most conventions with prayer; the prefatory words of all wills, "In the name of God, amen;" the laws respecting the observance of the Sabbath, with the general cessation of all secular business, and the closing of courts, legislatures, and other similar public assemblies on that day; the churches and church organizations which abound in every city, town, and hamlet; the multitude of charitable organizations existing everywhere under Christian auspices; the gigantic missionary associations, with general support, and aiming to establish Christian missions in every quarter of the globe. These and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation.

Our Supreme Court said that we are a Christian Nation in 1892.

If we pass beyond these matters to a view of American life, as expressed by its laws, its business, its customs, and its society, we find everywhere a clear recognition of the same truth. Among other matters note the following: The form of oath universally prevailing, concluding with an appeal to the Almighty; the custom of opening sessions of all deliberative bodies and most conventions with prayer; the prefatory words of all wills, "In the name of God, amen;" the laws respecting the observance of the Sabbath, with the general cessation of all secular business, and the closing of courts, legislatures, and other similar public assemblies on that day; the churches and church organizations which abound in every city, town, and hamlet; the multitude of charitable organizations existing everywhere under Christian auspices; the gigantic missionary associations, with general support, and aiming to establish Christian missions in every quarter of the globe. These and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation.
I'm afraid you're not reading what you posted.

"... add a volume of unofficial declaration..."

Judges do not make law, they interpret law. The FF's established a separate branch of government for law making. You should have learned that in a civics class.

The constitution has established that the U.S. is a secular nation with no religious preference.

Last edited:
Jefferson's Wall of Separation Letter - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

To messers Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. [Congress thus inhibited from acts respecting religion, and the Executive authorised only to execute their acts, I have refrained from prescribing even those occasional performances of devotion, practiced indeed by the Executive of another nation as the legal head of its church, but subject here, as religious exercises only to the voluntary regulations and discipline of each respective sect.] Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association assurances of my high respect & esteem.

(signed) Thomas Jefferson
Jan.1.1802.

This is where the phrase came from that they claim is not written into the constitution.

They fail ot understand why its used because they hate education

Last edited:

Forum List

Back