Yes, I'm a Conservative, But SOME Rent Control IS Necesary

Yes, but that does not include those who refuse to work.

Remember when you talked about a "ready reserve work force"? Someone who refuses to work doesn't qualify there, do they?
yes, it does. money doesn't care about employment status.

But the people who earn the money care about having to pay you.

People WANT to keep more of their money. You don't want to work. Why are your wants more important?
quit, and collect unemployment compensation. don't whine.

So everyone should just quit and collect.....wait, that won't work.

No, I think we'll just keep the unemployment compensation the way it is. You can apply for welfare, get a job, or go without.
only if you don't believe in capitalism. Gold makes some people work harder.

That is the best part about capitalism. That people work for their money and have limitless possibilities. But you want to take those people's money so you don't have to work. Kinda the opposite of capitalism.

You want gold? Work for it.

Because someone has to PAY for that. And if you aren't trying to get work, and quit your job, you don't get unemployment compensation.
employment is at will; and you have no solution to our homeless problem.

That is a lie. I gave you a very good plan for solving the homeless problem. And my plan, unlike yours, addresses the issues that likely caused their homelessness. You simply make bogus claims to justify your own laziness.
a lack of income caused their problem under Capitalism.

2 of the top 3 causes of homelessness are substance abuse and mental illness. If you do not deal with those, giving them money changes nothing. In fact, where substance abuse is concerned, you might be killing them.
all of our homeless who are on the street are "mentally ill"? yet, the right wing only offers failed solutions.

Once again you try to claim I said something I did not. No where in our conversations have I said "all of our homeless who are on the street are mentally ill". So stop lying.

But mental illness is, as I clearly said, one of the top three causes of homelessness.

yes, it does. money doesn't care about employment status.

People WANT to keep more of their money. You don't want to work. Why are your wants more important?

No, I think we'll just keep the unemployment compensation the way it is. You can apply for welfare, get a job, or go without.

That is the best part about capitalism. That people work for their money and have limitless possibilities. But you want to take those people's money so you don't have to work. Kinda the opposite of capitalism.

What part of only Capital Has to circulate under capitalism do you not understand? Your insistence on a fallacy of false cause; means I don't have to take You seriously in Any serious venue.

employment is at will; and you have no solution to our homeless problem.

That is a lie. I gave you a very good plan for solving the homeless problem. And my plan, unlike yours, addresses the issues that likely caused their homelessness. You simply make bogus claims to justify your own laziness.

2 of the top 3 causes of homelessness are substance abuse and mental illness. If you do not deal with those, giving them money changes nothing. In fact, where substance abuse is concerned, you might be killing them.
all of our homeless who are on the street are "mentally ill"? yet, the right wing only offers failed solutions.

Once again you try to claim I said something I did not. No where in our conversations have I said "all of our homeless who are on the street are mentally ill". So stop lying.

But mental illness is, as I clearly said, one of the top three causes of homelessness.
You have no solutions. Compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment will take care of most; means tested welfare can take care of the rest.

What part of only Capital Has to circulate under capitalism do you not understand? Your insistence on a fallacy of false cause; means I don't have to take You seriously in Any serious venue.

The definition of the fallacy of false cause is:
"false cause fallacy occurs when one cites to sequential events as evidence that the first caused the second.
The argument generally looks like this:
Event A happened.
Event B happened after A.
Therefore, A caused B.
The false cause fallacy is sometimes summarized and presented under the slogans “correlation is not causation” and “sequence is not causation”."

I did not present a false cause argument. Payment IS a direct result of employment.

As for your continued insistence that "capital has to circulate" has not been argued. But you have offered no evidence that without giving the capital away, it would not be circulated. The capital will circulate whether you are involved in the circulation or not.

You have no solutions. Compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment will take care of most; means tested welfare can take care of the rest.

Compensation to the mentally ill and those addicted to drugs will not solve the root cause of their homelessness. In fact, simply giving them money, without any other help, can easily result in their deaths. Do you think an addict on the streets will put the money in the bank so they can rent an apartment? Or is it far more likely that they will over-indulge in their addiction?

"false cause fallacy occurs when one cites to sequential events as evidence that the first caused the second.
Event A happened.
Therefore, A caused B.
The false cause fallacy is sometimes summarized and presented under the slogans “correlation is not causation” and “sequence is not causation”."

I did not present a false cause argument. Payment IS a direct result of employment.

As for your continued insistence that "capital has to circulate" has not been argued. But you have offered no evidence that without giving the capital away, it would not be circulated. The capital will circulate whether you are involved in the circulation or not.
that is the fallacy of false Cause; some people don't work and receive a paycheck.

some people provide labor input to any given local economy, yet may not get paid for it.

in any case, your "morals" don't matter. It is a matter of law, since capitalism only provides a one in a thousand chance, for spontaneous Goodness.

We have a federal doctrine and State laws that define employment at the will of either party.

Compensation to the mentally ill and those addicted to drugs will not solve the root cause of their homelessness. In fact, simply giving them money, without any other help, can easily result in their deaths. Do you think an addict on the streets will put the money in the bank so they can rent an apartment? Or is it far more likely that they will over-indulge in their addiction?
you have no solutions. anyone who "falls through the unemployment compensation" safety net, should be a priority for means testing. Self-selection is capitalism.

Event A happened.
Therefore, A caused B.

that is the fallacy of false Cause; some people don't work and receive a paycheck.

some people provide labor input to any given local economy, yet may not get paid for it.

in any case, you "morals" don't matter. It is a matter of law, since capitalism only provides a one in a thousand chance, for spontaneous Goodness.

We have a federal doctrine and State laws that define employment at the will of either party.

I never said all work results in pay, nor did I say it was the only way to get money.

So my statement is a fallacy of false cause only if you add in all the things your imagination added. Just as an FYI, I am only responsible for what I say. I am not responsible for what you want me to have said or what you imagined I said.

And, once again, please stick with what I actually said. And stop lying when you claim I am talking about morality. I have not.

you have no solutions. anyone who "falls through the unemployment compensation" safety net, should be a priority for means testing. Self-selection is capitalism.

Finally, something I agree with.

Yes, we should use unemployment compensation, as it exists now, for those who lose their jobs through no fault of their own.
And use welfare for those who do not qualify.

Event A happened.
Therefore, A caused B.

in any case, you "morals" don't matter. It is a matter of law, since capitalism only provides a one in a thousand chance, for spontaneous Goodness.

I never said all work results in pay, nor did I say it was the only way to get money.

So my statement is a fallacy of false cause only if you add in all the things your imagination added. Just as an FYI, I am only responsible for what I say. I am not responsible for what you want me to have said or what you imagined I said.

And, once again, please stick with what I actually said. And stop lying when you claim I am talking about morality. I have not.
the fallacy of false Cause is that it is not the Only way to get money under Capitalism.

Employment is at the will of either party. The law is the law. Why be illegal to the law, but blame less fortunate illegals for their sincere imitation.

Yes, we should use unemployment compensation, as it exists now, for those who lose their jobs through no fault of their own.
Welfare is more expensive. Besides, why should we care if someone can voluntarily quit and get the equivalent to fourteen dollars an hour? Some people want to work less and some may want to work more.

Event A happened.
Therefore, A caused B.

the fallacy of false Cause is that it is not the Only way to get money under Capitalism.

Employment is at the will of either party. The law is the law. Why be illegal to the law, but blame less fortunate illegals for their sincere imitation.

I never said it was the only way to get money. You are lying when you claim I did.

And, yet again, you are trying to interject something into the discussion that is neither relevant nor something I have mentioned. I have not blamed the poor or illegals for anything.

Welfare is more expensive. Besides, why should we care if someone can voluntarily quit and get the equivalent to fourteen dollars an hour? Some people want to work less and some may want to work more.

And some people want to keep the money they earned. I have repeatedly asked you why your wants carry more weight than the wants of the people who work for their money. You refuse to answer.

Welfare is more expensive because of the differences in the programs.

If someone wants to work less or not at all, I have no problem with that. But they will have to live with/on less.

And why should we pay someone the equivalent $14 an hour if they quit their job?

Event A happened.
Therefore, A caused B.

I never said it was the only way to get money. You are lying when you claim I did.

And, yet again, you are trying to interject something into the discussion that is neither relevant nor something I have mentioned. I have not blamed the poor or illegals for anything.
Yet, you appeal to ignorance of the law in this "political" venue.

And some people want to keep the money they earned. I have repeatedly asked you why your wants carry more weight than the wants of the people who work for their money. You refuse to answer.

If someone wants to work less or not at all, I have no problem with that. But they will have to live with/on less.

And why should we pay someone the equivalent $14 an hour if they quit their job?
dude, Congress is delegated the power to tax to solve the problems of our Republic.

Event A happened.
Therefore, A caused B.

No I do not. Once again, you lie.

I have not appealed to ignorance of the law. In fact, I have acknowledged the law throughout this discussion.

It is you who want to change the unemployment compensation laws to fit what you want.

dude, Congress is delegated the power to tax to solve the problems of our Republic.

Yes they are. But you not wanting to work is not a problem of the Republic. It is your problem.

The thing is, Daniel, is that unemployment compensation is completely designed and intended to hold people over until they find a new job. You quit your job and don't want another one, so it is not intended to support you. That is what welfare is for.

No I do not. Once again, you lie.

I have not appealed to ignorance of the law. In fact, I have acknowledged the law throughout this discussion.

It is you who want to change the unemployment compensation laws to fit what you want.
Yes, you do. A federal doctrine and State laws support my contention and not yours.

Forum List

Back