Yes, I'm a Conservative, But SOME Rent Control IS Necesary

Actually, if you are able bodied in mind or physically, trim your bills or find a better paying job, or take on more jobs, or move to where the pay is better, or increase your skill level to get a better paying job, take advantage of that training many companies offer to increase your skills,. One has to do what one has to do. Don’t expect others to pick up your slack.
compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment is more cost effective locally.

No it is not. In order for unemployment compensation to do what you want, it would have to be completely revamped and grown into a huge bureaucracy with checks and balances to avoid fraud. It is more cost effective because it is strictly short term and for a much smaller group.
it is easier to simply apply for unemployment compensation if a person doesn't have a job.

So you, not only want to be paid for doing nothing, you want getting the money for sitting at home to be easier to get?

You are taking tax payer's money. The least you can do is be willing to apply for it. Its not like you are too busy.
The homeless could be getting off the street.

Why does the right wing use capitalism to blame the Poor?

I see you never answered my questions about the homeless drawing unemployment. Where do they mail the check? How do the homeless get an ID? Where do the homeless keep the $2200 a month they will get (so they don't get robbed)? What is done to prevent their addictions from taking all the money?

Not for unemployment compensation, you didn't. Welfare takes care of the federal and state doctrines you quoted.
welfare costs more and does less. unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed is more cost effective and results in automatic stabilization of our economy and a positive multiplier effect upon our economy.

Welfare does not cost more. An unemployment compensation, if it more cost effective, is only that way because of the limitations in amounts and terms.
yes, it does. and does less. how lazy.

It costs more because it is far larger and more open to fraud. Your idea for the changes to unemployment compensation would do the same thing.

Unemployment compensation and welfare do different things. You want to make them do the same thing, in other words duplication of services, and claim it is more cost effective? Nonsense.
come on, story teller. tell me how being honest about not wanting work and collect unemployment compensation, leads to more fraud.

At least you finally told the truth about why you want all this. You don't want to work. But people don't want to pay you for doing nothing with money they earned. Why do your wants outweigh theirs?

welfare costs more and does less. unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed is more cost effective and results in automatic stabilization of our economy and a positive multiplier effect upon our economy.

Welfare does not cost more. An unemployment compensation, if it more cost effective, is only that way because of the limitations in amounts and terms.

It costs more because it is far larger and more open to fraud. Your idea for the changes to unemployment compensation would do the same thing.

Unemployment compensation and welfare do different things. You want to make them do the same thing, in other words duplication of services, and claim it is more cost effective? Nonsense.
come on, story teller. tell me how being honest about not wanting work and collect unemployment compensation, leads to more fraud.

There are numerous ways to defraud such a system.

Like having income you do not report.
Like lying about how many people you support.
Like claiming you do not own your home.
Like you and your spouse both claiming to be single parents and claiming double.
Like getting a fake ID and claiming more than one check.
Like claiming you support yourself and living with your parents.

Those are a few, off the top of my head.

Lots of people don't want to work. But if you want to live indoors, eat regularly, have decent clothes ect ect, you get a job to earn them. You don't demand someone else give you money they earned.
simply getting a job means you don't need unemployment compensation.

why bother if you don't Have to work on unemployment compensation.

compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment is more cost effective locally.

No it is not. In order for unemployment compensation to do what you want, it would have to be completely revamped and grown into a huge bureaucracy with checks and balances to avoid fraud. It is more cost effective because it is strictly short term and for a much smaller group.
it is easier to simply apply for unemployment compensation if a person doesn't have a job.

So you, not only want to be paid for doing nothing, you want getting the money for sitting at home to be easier to get?

You are taking tax payer's money. The least you can do is be willing to apply for it. Its not like you are too busy.

I see you never answered my questions about the homeless drawing unemployment. Where do they mail the check? How do the homeless get an ID? Where do the homeless keep the $2200 a month they will get (so they don't get robbed)? What is done to prevent their addictions from taking all the money?
they could "pick, up their check" at the unemployment office.

banks work.

At least you finally told the truth about why you want all this. You don't want to work. But people don't want to pay you for doing nothing with money they earned. Why do your wants outweigh theirs?
Capitalism has a Natural rate of unemployment that is public policy.

banks work.

None of that works without an ID. Try getting a state ID without an address.

Yes, but that does not include those who refuse to work.

Remember when you talked about a "ready reserve work force"? Someone who refuses to work doesn't qualify there, do they?

Like you and your spouse both claiming to be single parents and claiming double.

Lots of people don't want to work. But if you want to live indoors, eat regularly, have decent clothes ect ect, you get a job to earn them. You don't demand someone else give you money they earned.

Because someone has to PAY for that. And if you aren't trying to get work, and quit your job, you don't get unemployment compensation.

banks work.

None of that works without an ID. Try getting a state ID without an address.
Shelters could solve that dilemma, for some.

Remember when you talked about a "ready reserve work force"? Someone who refuses to work doesn't qualify there, do they?
yes, it does. money doesn't care about employment status.

Because someone has to PAY for that. And if you aren't trying to get work, and quit your job, you don't get unemployment compensation.
employment is at will; and you have no solution to our homeless problem.

But the people who earn the money care about having to pay you.

People WANT to keep more of their money. You don't want to work. Why are your wants more important?

That is a lie. I gave you a very good plan for solving the homeless problem. And my plan, unlike yours, addresses the issues that likely caused their homelessness. You simply make bogus claims to justify your own laziness.

People WANT to keep more of their money. You don't want to work. Why are your wants more important?
quit, and collect unemployment compensation. don't whine.

That is a lie. I gave you a very good plan for solving the homeless problem. And my plan, unlike yours, addresses the issues that likely caused their homelessness. You simply make bogus claims to justify your own laziness.
a lack of income caused their problem under Capitalism.

So everyone should just quit and collect.....wait, that won't work.

No, I think we'll just keep the unemployment compensation the way it is. You can apply for welfare, get a job, or go without.

2 of the top 3 causes of homelessness are substance abuse and mental illness. If you do not deal with those, giving them money changes nothing. In fact, where substance abuse is concerned, you might be killing them.

So everyone should just quit and collect.....wait, that won't work.

No, I think we'll just keep the unemployment compensation the way it is. You can apply for welfare, get a job, or go without.
only if you don't believe in capitalism. Gold makes some people work harder.

2 of the top 3 causes of homelessness are substance abuse and mental illness. If you do not deal with those, giving them money changes nothing. In fact, where substance abuse is concerned, you might be killing them.
all of our homeless who are on the street are "mentally ill"? yet, the right wing only offers failed solutions.

Forum List

Back