"You didn't get there on your own"

Thank you for the opening...

Paul O'Neill, George W. Bush's first Treasury Secretary - 60 Minutes

The president had promised to cut taxes, and he did. Within six months of taking office, he pushed a trillion dollars worth of tax cuts through Congress.

But O'Neill thought it should have been the end. After 9/11 and the war in Afghanistan, the budget deficit was growing. So at a meeting with the vice president after the mid-term elections in 2002, O'Neill argued against a second round of tax cuts.

"Cheney, at this moment, shows his hand," says Suskind. "He says, 'You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. We won the mid-term elections, this is our due.' … O'Neill is speechless."

"It was not just about not wanting the tax cut. It was about how to use the nation's resources to improve the condition of our society," says O'Neill. "And I thought the weight of working on Social Security and fundamental tax reform was a lot more important than a tax reduction."

So what ?

What is your point.

Cheney said it. So what ?

That is an opening. You needed someone to lead you to this ?

Your whole "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bulls**t" approach is all to worn out.

The first time I heard that, I knew Cheney was wrong.

You are a tool. A locked up brain dead tool.

There was not a fucking PEEP from you right wingers when Reagan raised debt ceiling 18 times and George W. Bush raised it 7 times.

What we heard from you tools was parroting of what Cheney said.

AGAIN...

Where did our debt come from? When did massive debt become part of the American economy?

Reagan switched the federal government from what he critically called, a “tax and spend” policy, to a “borrow and spend” policy, where the government continued its heavy spending, but used borrowed money instead of tax revenue to pay the bills. The results were catastrophic. Although it had taken the United States more than 200 years to accumulate the first $1 trillion of national debt, it took only five years under Reagan to add the second one trillion dollars to the debt. By the end of the 12 years of the Reagan-Bush administrations, the national debt had quadrupled to $4 trillion!

national%20debt.jpg

And where was all this angst and concern about debt from conservatives when Bush and Republicans controlled the White House and both houses of Congress for almost a decade??? When Bush was starting a 3 trillion dollar war of ideology in Iraq, there was not a fucking PEEP from you right wingers, just cheers and 'bring 'em on'... And where was this less government mantra? You right wingers LOVED BIG government and government intervention into people lives... the Patriot Act, trashing habeas corpus, the Geneva Conventions and the US War Crimes Act.

And what was the concern in the Bush administration about debt and deficits? NONE...Bush's solution was to eliminate the voices of concern. He FIRED Paul O'Neill.

Hey idiot!!!! What about subtracting nearly $2.5 trillion in TAX write offs due to:
1) $5 trillion Dot.com BUST??? These LOSSES are being written off for 30 years against
tax liabilities!
2) $2 trillion in losses from 9/11... remember airlines didn't fly for 3 days.. wallstreet closed 10 days.. 400,000 jobs lost, 18,000 businesses destroyed.. another $66 billion a year!
3) You have NOT taken in account $1 trillion losses from the WORST Hurricane SEASONS 2002 to 2008 in history adding another $33 billion a year in lost tax revenue!

When you do that.. your graph is half what you show!
PLUS you idiots LOVED to prolong the deaths and costs of the IRAQ Liberation by encouraging the terrorists to continue killing and destroying.. I mean what do you think these statements did to the terrorists made them afraid OR ENcOURAGED???

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D)
"The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "
Great for our troops moral and especially the terrorists!!!)

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”
Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the
dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
Kerry called our troops "TERRORISTS"...
I wouldn't be surprised if Bin Laden had said:
"brothers .. even an evil American Senator calls his OWN soldiers "terrorists"!
Allah be praised!
This evil Senator is so right!
Your killing US-baby-killing-troops is justified by Kerry!
You don't think the terrorists were HAPPY to read/hear these USA politicians encourage the killings???

So what ?

What is your point.

Cheney said it. So what ?

That is an opening. You needed someone to lead you to this ?

Your whole "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bulls**t" approach is all to worn out.

The first time I heard that, I knew Cheney was wrong.

You are a tool. A locked up brain dead tool.

There was not a fucking PEEP from you right wingers when Reagan raised debt ceiling 18 times and George W. Bush raised it 7 times.

AGAIN...

Where did our debt come from? When did massive debt become part of the American economy?

Reagan switched the federal government from what he critically called, a “tax and spend” policy, to a “borrow and spend” policy, where the government continued its heavy spending, but used borrowed money instead of tax revenue to pay the bills. The results were catastrophic. Although it had taken the United States more than 200 years to accumulate the first $1 trillion of national debt, it took only five years under Reagan to add the second one trillion dollars to the debt. By the end of the 12 years of the Reagan-Bush administrations, the national debt had quadrupled to $4 trillion!

national%20debt.jpg

And where was all this angst and concern about debt from conservatives when Bush and Republicans controlled the White House and both houses of Congress for almost a decade??? When Bush was starting a 3 trillion dollar war of ideology in Iraq, there was not a fucking PEEP from you right wingers, just cheers and 'bring 'em on'... And where was this less government mantra? You right wingers LOVED BIG government and government intervention into people lives... the Patriot Act, trashing habeas corpus, the Geneva Conventions and the US War Crimes Act.

And what was the concern in the Bush administration about debt and deficits? NONE...Bush's solution was to eliminate the voices of concern. He FIRED Paul O'Neill.

Hey idiot!!!! What about subtracting nearly $2.5 trillion in TAX write offs due to:
1) $5 trillion Dot.com BUST??? These LOSSES are being written off for 30 years against
tax liabilities!
2) $2 trillion in losses from 9/11... remember airlines didn't fly for 3 days.. wallstreet closed 10 days.. 400,000 jobs lost, 18,000 businesses destroyed.. another $66 billion a year!
3) You have NOT taken in account $1 trillion losses from the WORST Hurricane SEASONS 2002 to 2008 in history adding another $33 billion a year in lost tax revenue!

PLUS you idiots LOVED to prolong the deaths and costs of the IRAQ Liberation by encouraging the terrorists to continue killing and destroying.. I mean what do you think these statements did to the terrorists made them afraid OR ENcOURAGED???

Allah be praised!
You don't think the terrorists were HAPPY to read/hear these USA politicians encourage the killings???

The five main causes of the budget deficit are the economic downturn (tax revenues go down), the Bush tax cuts (which quickly become the largest part of the deficit), the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the stimulus plan (which was necessary because of the Bush economic meltdown), though that becomes meaningless in less than two years, as it's being phased out.

So for the rest of this decade, the biggest single factor contributing to the deficit are the Bush era tax cuts that the Republicans say are off the table (meaning, they won't discuss getting rid of them). But just as importantly - guess what? - Obama isn't responsible for the deficit. The GOP is, along with whoever got us into those wars in Afghanistan and Iraq (oh right, that would be the GOP), and whoever was in charge of the government when the economy tanked (right again, George Bush). Oh, and a little of the deficit was caused by TARP (Bush again).

pastdeficits.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AN INTERROGATOR SPEAKS
I'm Still Tortured by What I Saw in Iraq
By Matthew Alexander

Torture and abuse are against my moral fabric. The cliche still bears repeating: Such outrages are inconsistent with American principles. And then there's the pragmatic side: Torture and abuse cost American lives.

I learned in Iraq that the No. 1 reason foreign fighters flocked there to fight were the abuses carried out at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Our policy of torture was directly and swiftly recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda in Iraq. The large majority of suicide bombings in Iraq are still carried out by these foreigners. They are also involved in most of the attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq. It's no exaggeration to say that at least half of our losses and casualties in that country have come at the hands of foreigners who joined the fray because of our program of detainee abuse. The number of U.S. soldiers who have died because of our torture policy will never be definitively known, but it is fair to say that it is close to the number of lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001. How anyone can say that torture keeps Americans safe is beyond me -- unless you don't count American soldiers as Americans.

Matthew Alexander led an interrogations team assigned to a Special Operations task force in Iraq in 2006 where he led the interrogations team that located Abu Musab al Zarqawi, the former leader of Al Qaida in Iraq, who was killed by Coalition Forces. Alexander was awarded the Bronze Star for his achievements.

Last edited:

AGAIN...

national%20debt.jpg

tax liabilities!

Allah be praised!

The five main causes of the budget deficit are the economic downturn (tax revenues go down), the Bush tax cuts (which quickly become the largest part of the deficit), the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the stimulus plan (which was necessary because of the Bush economic meltdown), though that becomes meaningless in less than two years, as it's being phased out.

So for the rest of this decade, the biggest single factor contributing to the deficit are the Bush era tax cuts that the Republicans say are off the table (meaning, they won't discuss getting rid of them). But just as importantly - guess what? - Obama isn't responsible for the deficit. The GOP is, along with whoever got us into those wars in Afghanistan and Iraq (oh right, that would be the GOP), and whoever was in charge of the government when the economy tanked (right again, George Bush). Oh, and a little of the deficit was caused by TARP (Bush again).

pastdeficits.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AN INTERROGATOR SPEAKS
By Matthew Alexander

Torture and abuse are against my moral fabric. The cliche still bears repeating: Such outrages are inconsistent with American principles. And then there's the pragmatic side: Torture and abuse cost American lives.

I learned in Iraq that the No. 1 reason foreign fighters flocked there to fight were the abuses carried out at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Our policy of torture was directly and swiftly recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda in Iraq. The large majority of suicide bombings in Iraq are still carried out by these foreigners. They are also involved in most of the attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq. It's no exaggeration to say that at least half of our losses and casualties in that country have come at the hands of foreigners who joined the fray because of our program of detainee abuse. The number of U.S. soldiers who have died because of our torture policy will never be definitively known, but it is fair to say that it is close to the number of lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001. How anyone can say that torture keeps Americans safe is beyond me -- unless you don't count American soldiers as Americans.

Matthew Alexander led an interrogations team assigned to a Special Operations task force in Iraq in 2006 where he led the interrogations team that located Abu Musab al Zarqawi, the former leader of Al Qaida in Iraq, who was killed by Coalition Forces. Alexander was awarded the Bronze Star for his achievements.

So NEARLY $300 billion a year in TAX WRITE OFFS due to $8 trillion in LOSSES
from dot.com bust/9/11/hurricanes....WHERE DID IT GO?

YOU NEVER MENTION IT yet that is the REALITY!!!

AGAIN...

national%20debt.jpg

tax liabilities!

Allah be praised!

pastdeficits.jpg

AN INTERROGATOR SPEAKS
By Matthew Alexander

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!

BUT THE actual war was over in less then 6 weeks! WHAT do you think these same thugs that sent mentally challenged kids with bombs to blow up when our troops handed out candy thought when they heard Kerry call our troops terrorists, or Murtha our troops cold blooded kiillers, or Obama we air raid civilians!
GEEZ obviously Abu Grib scared the crap but words of encouragement from TRAITORS obviously LIKE YOU who like YOU wanted to see Iraq prolong because IT helped politically .. traitors LIKE YOU encouraging the thugs to murder our TROOPS and you LIKED IT!
YOU encouraged it!!!

It reads exactly like what it is. A socialist has infested the White House. The entitlement crowd has cheered and wants al the more than what they have. No price is too high in achieving their ends.

Grow up. If you think he's a socialist you have no idea what the term means. Go live in Cuba, China or god forbid North Korea, then tell me Obama is a socialist. This is where the likes of you and your peanut gallery lose credibility. Dislike his policies, sure. Disagree with his stance on certain things. I get that. But a socialist? GTF outta here. You do realise you're put in the same category as lefties who would call a right-wing pollie like Romney a Nazi, right. IOW - cuckoo...

Last edited:
I do know that I built my business. Hundreds of thousands of other people who enjoy the same infrastructure and government services I enjoy could have started the same business, but didn't. That inconvenient truth is what makes President Obama's speech so absurd. And so dishonest.

If that's what he was saying, you would be right. He wasn't. You can post on this thread 100 more times saying what you THINK he said. Doesn't mean he said it in the context you believe he did...

Last edited:
ahh, you were doing so well right up till the last

while romney the person isnt naziish, he will cater to the naziish tea party so he might as well be

they hate everyone who isnt exactly like them, i dont know what to call that, if you dont like nazi then fine, give me another term

[quo
While I am an active Tea Partier and therefore in a position to know that almost all of the negative accusations being made about the Tea Party spirit is pure fabrication and horseshit.

But all the negative accusations made about Obama are true? You guys can't even put in context one little speech he made, so the amount of other stuff you have gotten wrong just boggles the mind,,

While I am an active Tea Partier and therefore in a position to know that almost all of the negative accusations being made about the Tea Party spirit is pure fabrication and horseshit. What the Tea Party is about is the antithesis of what Obama was trying to accomplish with that speech. The Tea Party is all about personal liberty, self governance, and limited government, everything the President is increasingly opposed to.

:lol::lol:

oh god...my god, stop, my side hurts

jesus...freedomworks, dick armey and the kochs invented your movement to keep billionaires billionaires...grow the fuck up

But all the negative accusations made about Obama are true?

he said "you didn't build that" !!! Exactly what his 2 communist parents raised him to say. There is no accusation, just obvious facts.

He has presided over the worst economy since the Great Depression after he said he'd fix it and was only worth one term if he didn't!!! Accusation or fact???

Last edited:
I do know that I built my business. Hundreds of thousands of other people who enjoy the same infrastructure and government services I enjoy could have started the same business, but didn't. That inconvenient truth is what makes President Obama's speech so absurd. And so dishonest.

If that's what he was saying, you would be right. He wasn't. ..

Barry said, you didn't built it and if I have my communist way I'll take it from you or tax the hell out of you.

Grow up. If you think he's a socialist you have no idea what the term means. Go live in Cuba, China or god forbid North Korea, then tell me Obama is a socialist. ..

Barry is a socialist, had 2 communist parents, and voted to the left of Bernie Sanders to prove it.

But, while Barry and Bernie are socialists they have not yet subverted the country into a socialist paradise because of Republican resistance starting with the Constitution.

See why we are 100% positve a liberal will be slow, very very slow.

ahh, you were doing so well right up till the last

while romney the person isnt naziish, he will cater to the naziish tea party so he might as well be

they hate everyone who isnt exactly like them, i dont know what to call that, if you dont like nazi then fine, give me another term

Hey look,

The board dickweed decided to jump in and show why he was voted most likely to step in front of a bus (on accident).

Anyone who really believes Obama meant that no one ever achieves anything alone, is retarded. Everyone has help. That's just the truth.

A tax increase speech isn't about raising taxes. lol

The entitlement crowd he was addressing had no problem understanding that. They were actually there.

The big kicker is, Obama did nothing to apologize for the insult.

It reads exactly like what it is. A socialist has infested the White House. The entitlement crowd has cheered and wants al the more than what they have. No price is too high in achieving their ends.

Grow up. If you think he's a socialist you have no idea what the term means. Go live in Cuba, China or god forbid North Korea, then tell me Obama is a socialist. This is where the likes of you and your peanut gallery lose credibility. Dislike his policies, sure. Disagree with his stance on certain things. I get that. But a socialist? GTF outta here. You do realise you're put in the same category as lefties who would call a right-wing pollie like Romney a Nazi, right. IOW - cuckoo...

Do you think Cuba, China, or North Korea or the U.S.S.R. just became totalitarian states BAM overnight? People went to bed under freedom one night and the next morning woke up to a communist country? Do you think Hitler or Mussolini transformed their countries into facist states without that requiring a developing process over some time?

No in all cases it required government propaganda to convince the people that government was the solution to their worst problems, and that a charismatic leader could lead them to a prosperous bright new existence beyond their wildest dreams. In all cases people were encouraged to look to government as their savior rather than to their own industry.

And it was a focus on the 'collective' instead of individual freedom that allowed totalitarian governments to be installed in each and every one of those countries.

You are in no position to offer credibility to anyone. lol

1) its not true

2) if it was so what??? Modern Germany owes its existence to Nazi Germany

see why we say, slow???

Bfgrn is a demagogue. Very little of what he cut's and paste's is factually correct. He spends his days on hate sites like ThinkProgress and pastes the inflammatory bullshit here.
I stopped reading his boring diatribes long ago.

Forum List

Back