You won't believe what Trump just did. It's outrageous!

Trump, At G-20 Summit, Signs Trade Deal With Canada, Mexico | WAMU

Meanwhile on USMB get the latest manufactured daily dose of Doom & Gloom.
NAFTA

Like most Trump accomplishments he just slapped his name on someone else’s deal
/——/ Trump fixed Clintoon ‘s broken deal.
He did? How? A short summary in your own words will do.
/----/ I'm not falling for your "In my own words" stupid trap. No matter what I say, your retort will be YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. here is a 500 word analysis. USMCA, Trump’s new NAFTA deal, explained in 500 words

I'm not falling for your "In my own words" stupid trap. No matter what I say, your retort will be YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.
Not true at all. I asked because I knew you couldn't do it, because you pulled that out your ass.
/----/ So you can't refute the link that proves how Trump fixed Clintooon's broken NAFTA. I understand.

NAFTA

/——/ Trump fixed Clintoon ‘s broken deal.
He did? How? A short summary in your own words will do.
/----/ I'm not falling for your "In my own words" stupid trap. No matter what I say, your retort will be YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. here is a 500 word analysis. USMCA, Trump’s new NAFTA deal, explained in 500 words
Here's an interesting aspet of it

• No section 232 tariff protections: Section 232 is a trade loophole that Trump used to impose steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada, Mexico, and the European Union. Canada and Mexico wanted protections from these tariffs as part of the NAFTA negotiations, and the fact that tariffs are still in place remains a sore subject, particularly for Canada. Canada and Mexico did get the US to make a side agreement that shields them from possible auto tariffs under 232.
Do ya think Trump even knows that's in there?

Now he has to pass it through a congress full of people he’s spent years attacking and villainizing, who want nothing more than to kill his deal because of that. The art of the deal.
Treaties are ratified by the Senate looks like Mr. Trump has a significant majority there.
The house can yell, scream, cry and spit up and little more.

I'm not falling for your "In my own words" stupid trap. No matter what I say, your retort will be YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.
Not true at all. I asked because I knew you couldn't do it, because you pulled that out your ass.
/----/ So you can't refute the link that proves how Trump fixed Clintooon's broken NAFTA. I understand.
And you couldn't summarize any of it if your life depended on it, nor could you say what the good points are. I knew that already.

Now he has to pass it through a congress full of people he’s spent years attacking and villainizing, who want nothing more than to kill his deal because of that. The art of the deal.
Treaties are ratified by the Senate looks like Mr. Trump has a significant majority there.
wrong. The legislation required to implement the trade agreement will have to pass both Chambers.

NAFTA

Jeeze. Do some research. He recrafted the whole thing.

No, really he did not. There were a few minor tweaks. The percent of people that have to be making an average of 15 bucks an hour went up, and Canada opened up 5% of their dairy market to the US dairy farmers, which if they can take full advantage of it comes out to less than a half a billion dollars.

Those were the two biggest changes.

wrong. The legislation required to implement the trade agreement will have to pass both Chambers.
I had not read the 1974 trade act and did not know its' requirements the restrictions placed on congress by the act are confusing at best. The bill to approve the trade deal may not be ammended (changed) among other restrictions. The purpose of the act is obsured by the act. It will be interesting to see this play out. Thanks for the info.

less than a half a billion dollars.

Yeah! Fuck that! Who wants to sell a half a billion more of their product? That's ridiculous to consider a profit worth chasing.

not even a drop in the bucket in the big picture...but I guess when that is all you have to cheer, it will have to do.

Keep in mind that the dairy industry in this country gets 22.2 billion dollars in direct and indirect subsidies a year...

I had not read the 1974 trade act and did not know its' requirements the restrictions placed on congress by the act are confusing at best. The bill to approve the trade deal may not be ammended (changed) among other restrictions. The purpose of the act is obsured by the act. It will be interesting to see this play out. Thanks for the info.
My pleasure...was wondering earlier, had to look it.up.

NAFTA

Is the deal he signed with the two countries the same or is it different?

You know that it is not the same, so why call it NAFTA?
It's not called NAFTA anymore

Really?

Hmmm, thank you for the education...

Forum List

Back