Your first amendment rights vs someone elses safety is a bogus argument

The people at the protests and anyone else out in public is CHOOSING to be there.
It's no different than when you CHOOSE to go someplace. Be it the store or the bank or the gas station or restaurant for carry out or liquor store or wherever.
If people are afraid for their safety then they should exercise their CHOICE to stay home.
Martial law has not been declared so your constitutional rights CAN NOT BE INFRINGED UPON and your choice to protest is protected under the first amendment.
Essentially if those people are endangering anyone it is others who also chose to be there via their rights.

Goto ANY home Depot and look at all the people buying things for their homes and property. Why is that allowed but sitting in a church parking lot in your car listening to a sermon is not?

People accepted the lockdowns to beat the curve so as to not overwhelm our medical system as it ramped up to deal with this. The protests did not start until local governments started arresting people for doing things that were completely benign.

Bottom line is if someone is putting you "at risk" it is because you are also not following the orders. No one is shopping or protesting in your living room.

And lol at the media & leftists saying that protesting is racist. Y'all have lost your marbles.
Are you willing to sign a pledge that you will not go to a hospital or clinic should you catch the virus? Should your decision to take risks put the doctors and nurses at greater risk. What about your need for a ventilator, are you willing to forgo that?
I'll sign a pledge that I will stomp your whiny butt into a mud hole if you try to stop me......

We AREN'T CHINA..........and the people are getting ANGRY.........I really don't give a shit what you think about it.

And I'll throw your piece of paper on the ground and piss on it..........

Clear it up for you MORON.

The majority of Americans will make sure you won't be doing any such thing. We've crushed evil people in this county before and we'll do it again. We have the military and the police force on our side as well.
How are you going to crush anything from your hidey hole other than the beer cans from the case you obviously killed off before posting this. :rofl:
He's ignored by me............must be threatening to whoop my ass again........LOL
He's raging at the upstairs rafters. It's hard to shake ones fist at the heavens from below ground level.

I'm talking about the risk YOU POSE TO OTHERS WHEN YOU DRIVE. Stop playing stupid.
The chances of you being in an accident are 1 in 366 according to a study based on 1000 miles.

So are you going to avoid being in a car?
I'm going to drive but I'm not going to drive and drink or text. Driving is a risk we all accept, taking additional risks while driving we don't.
driving is an additional; risk when you could just walk,,,

The very definition of irony

Your rights aren't being violated, snowflake.

Followed by

Shut up, stay home

You can't make up this kind of brain damage
What "right" is being violated? You don't have a right to endanger others by reckless behavior.
Actually, this topic was addressed by Federal Courts decades ago and involved the size and construction of signs used during demonstrations and public gatherings. The Courts ruled even a small local government has a right to restricting the right of assembly for the sake of public safety. Large and or poorly constructed signs pose a threat to the public if they are blown down by wind or fall down from poor construction. Hence, governments have a right for restricting public assembly for public safety. A plaintiff may challenge but must prove the restriction is unreasonable.

The people at the protests and anyone else out in public is CHOOSING to be there.
It's no different than when you CHOOSE to go someplace.
What if I CHOOSE to drive down your street at 100 mph while your kids are playing outside?

What you nitwits keep ignoring is this is a public health matter that threatens everyone. Not just the buffoons idiotically congregating like brain dead zombies.

Kentucky sees highest spike in coronavirus cases after protests against lockdown

GOT IT?
^^^^liars gotta lie. It takes 5 to fourteen days to become symptomatic...which I pointed out to you not an hour ago...so the protests YESTERDAY have not a thing to do with this...today has been projected as the peak for two weeks now...

Screenshot_2020-04-21-07-34-21.png

You make this too easy you lying peice of shit.

What if I CHOOSE to drive down your street at 100 mph while your kids are playing outside?

What you nitwits keep ignoring is this is a public health matter that threatens everyone. Not just the buffoons idiotically congregating like brain dead zombies.

Kentucky sees highest spike in coronavirus cases after protests against lockdown

GOT IT?

I agree with your analogy. However as I said the other day the Kentucky protests did not cause a spike in new cases as of yet. The incubation period typically last 5 or more days, so the people that got infected at the rally the other day have yet to test positive or have any symptoms

The question of when to relax stay-at-home orders has become the latest front in the culture war, a conflict fanned by President Trump during his daily White House briefings. But a new Washington Post-University of Maryland poll shows that protesters agitating for governors to quickly lift restrictions represent the fringe more than the mainstream.

Just 10 percent of Americans predict that gatherings of 10 or more people would be safe by the end of April or earlier. Another 21 percent expect them to be safe by the end of May. But the other two-thirds of U.S. adults say it may take until June or later for people to safely congregate in groups of 10 or more.

It's no different than when you CHOOSE to go someplace. Be it the store or the bank or the gas station or restaurant for carry out or liquor store or wherever.
If people are afraid for their safety then they should exercise their CHOICE to stay home.
Martial law has not been declared so your constitutional rights CAN NOT BE INFRINGED UPON and your choice to protest is protected under the first amendment.
Essentially if those people are endangering anyone it is others who also chose to be there via their rights.

Goto ANY home Depot and look at all the people buying things for their homes and property. Why is that allowed but sitting in a church parking lot in your car listening to a sermon is not?

People accepted the lockdowns to beat the curve so as to not overwhelm our medical system as it ramped up to deal with this. The protests did not start until local governments started arresting people for doing things that were completely benign.

Bottom line is if someone is putting you "at risk" it is because you are also not following the orders. No one is shopping or protesting in your living room.

And lol at the media & leftists saying that protesting is racist. Y'all have lost your marbles.
Darwin's Deplorables.

Are you willing to sign a pledge that you will not go to a hospital or clinic should you catch the virus? Should your decision to take risks put the doctors and nurses at greater risk. What about your need for a ventilator, are you willing to forgo that?
I'll sign a pledge that I will stomp your whiny butt into a mud hole if you try to stop me......

We AREN'T CHINA..........and the people are getting ANGRY.........I really don't give a shit what you think about it.

Why are you getting angry? Explain that to us.

GOT IT?

I agree with your analogy. However as I said the other day the Kentucky protests did not cause a spike in new cases as of yet. The incubation period typically last 5 or more days, so the people that got infected at the rally the other day have yet to test positive or have any symptoms
These protests are small fringe ordeals. There’s no way they’re going to register a notable change in the infection rates. Only if the protests are successful at changing policy will that happen.

Golly, thats a lot of unnecessary ad hominems just to snivel because you can't get a haircut.

This will pass. Your "right" to go out and be an asshole will be "restored". Right now, other people's right to keep on living trumps your wanting to infect them. Get over it.

Yeah, I didn't think you'd have a whole lot to say in response, Goebbels. Proceed on with your wretched miserable day.

The majority of Americans will make sure you won't be doing any such thing. We've crushed evil people in this county before and we'll do it again. We have the military and the police force on our side as well.

You wouldn't have shit if your nose was shoved in it, keyboard warrior. Go find a sandbox to play in with the other toddlers.

I'm just warning idiots that the LAW and those that enforce it are on our side. Only 22% of people out there support those stupid protest. Even less are willing to go to one or break the law to engage in such activities. Those are numbers that can be easily crushed by law enforcement.

That's the reality for you, no matter your crying, screaming or name calling. Won't make any difference. On January 20, 2021 Joe Biden will be your President and he'll be backed by a House of Representatives that is controlled by Democrats and a Senate that is controlled by Democrats.

No, a small minority of Trump sycophants are angry and using this as an excuse to vent their anger.

There's plenty of polling on stay-at-home orders, and they're quite popular. A Quinnipiac University poll taken this month found that 81% of voters favored a national stay-at-home order. This included at least two-thirds of every demographic and political group. That's similar to what a Fox News poll showed as well.
Take your Fing ORDER AND SHOVE IT BRO.

Your side ALWAYS PRAISES GOV'T OVERREACH AND TYRANNY.

End this BS.
Darwin's Deplorables.

I'm taking a risk to bring you food and drink and toilet paper...should I stop doing that to reduce the risk to doctors and nurses? I'd be safer and they would be safer.

You'd starve and die with a dirty asshole...but that's a minor inconvenience right? It's for the greater good.
Sounds like you're a trucker, do you feel the safety rules covering truckers should be ignored? They should be allowed to drive as many hours straight as they want?

Absolutely. Did it for years. We referred to log books as joke books.

And they are being ignored right now...legally. All freight food or crisis relayed is exempt from Hours of Service Regulations

Thanks, I feel so much safer now. :omg:
Do you mind if I call you Alan?

You never answered my question Alan...should I have my trucks return home...to protect nurses and doctors? Cause I can do that.

Or are some risks acceptable to alleviate other types of suffering...

I'm just warning idiots that the LAW and those that enforce it are on our side. Only 22% of people out there support those stupid protest.

And that number is swiftly changing the longer these shut downs draw out.

On January 20, 2021 Joe Biden will be your President and he'll be backed by a House of Representatives that is controlled by Democrats and a Senate that is controlled by Democrats.

Maybe, maybe not. What does that have to do with today?

How are you going to crush anything from your hidey hole other than the beer cans from the case you obviously killed off before posting this. :rofl:

Think of the fate of David Koresh and Timothy McVeigh! How did their opposition to our government and fight for "their rights" work out?

You take a risk every time you get behind the wheel.
That's why I use the seat belt. That and it's required by law. Does that law infringe on your rights? Would you want it repealed?
I'm talking about the risk YOU POSE TO OTHERS WHEN YOU DRIVE. Stop playing stupid.
The chances of you being in an accident are 1 in 366 according to a study based on 1000 miles.

So are you going to avoid being in a car?
Using Darwin's Deplorables logic, speed limits violate rights...seat belts violate rights..stop signs and stop lights violate rights. Anything that restricts just willy nilly driving as one wants is violating rights.

You FAIL to understand the SCIENCE of how PANDEMICS spread. A pandemic needs hosts in order to spread, survive and kill more humans. When idiots choose to protest and do other things that violate current laws on social distancing and defeating this PATHOGEN they put at risk the entire country!

WHY? Because they AID the pathogen in staying around. It only takes one person to infect hundreds of other people. THESE PEOPLE PROTESTING ONCE THEY GET SICK THEN WILL GO TO THE HOSPITAL BEGGING FOR THE HOSPITAL WORKERS TO SAVE THEIR LIVES FURTHER CLOGGING UP THE MEDICAL SYSTEM. WHEN YOU CLOG UP THE MEDICAL SYSTEM, YOU PUT AT RISK THE PEOPLE FOLLOWING STAY AT HOME ORDERS! WHY? BECAUSE PEOPLE FOLLOWING STAY AT HOME ORDERS COULD POTENTIALLY HAVE HEALTH ISSUES NOT EVEN RELATED TO COVID-19. NOW THEY RISK NOT GETTING THE CARE THEY NEED BECAUSE THE IDIOT PROTESTER GOT SICK AND HAS TAKEN AN ICU BED OR VENTILATOR WHEN IF THEY HAD STAYED HOME LIKE THEY WERE TOLD, THOSE THINGS WOULD STILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE!

You idiots think you have the right to protest during a pandemic, but then want Hospitals and the health care community to take care of you when you get sick!
We understand perfectly.

We also understand that it will get to everyone, regardless of what you do, when it has reached this level. Quarantine is useless at this stage. It's an excuse to kill the economy for whatever power-hungry reason or financial reason you can name.

Forum List

Back