Your first amendment rights vs someone elses safety is a bogus argument

The people at the protests and anyone else out in public is CHOOSING to be there.
It's no different than when you CHOOSE to go someplace. Be it the store or the bank or the gas station or restaurant for carry out or liquor store or wherever.
If people are afraid for their safety then they should exercise their CHOICE to stay home.
Martial law has not been declared so your constitutional rights CAN NOT BE INFRINGED UPON and your choice to protest is protected under the first amendment.
Essentially if those people are endangering anyone it is others who also chose to be there via their rights.

Goto ANY home Depot and look at all the people buying things for their homes and property. Why is that allowed but sitting in a church parking lot in your car listening to a sermon is not?

People accepted the lockdowns to beat the curve so as to not overwhelm our medical system as it ramped up to deal with this. The protests did not start until local governments started arresting people for doing things that were completely benign.

Bottom line is if someone is putting you "at risk" it is because you are also not following the orders. No one is shopping or protesting in your living room.

And lol at the media & leftists saying that protesting is racist. Y'all have lost your marbles.
Are you willing to sign a pledge that you will not go to a hospital or clinic should you catch the virus? Should your decision to take risks put the doctors and nurses at greater risk. What about your need for a ventilator, are you willing to forgo that?
I'm taking a risk to bring you food and drink and toilet paper...should I stop doing that to reduce the risk to doctors and nurses? I'd be safer and they would be safer.

You'd starve and die with a dirty asshole...but that's a minor inconvenience right? It's for the greater good.
Sounds like you're a trucker, do you feel the safety rules covering truckers should be ignored? They should be allowed to drive as many hours straight as they want?

Absolutely. Did it for years. We referred to log books as joke books.

And they are being ignored right now...legally. All freight food or crisis relayed is exempt from Hours of Service Regulations

Thanks, I feel so much safer now. :omg:
Do you mind if I call you Alan?

You never answered my question Alan...should I have my trucks return home...to protect nurses and doctors? Cause I can do that.

Or are some risks acceptable to alleviate other types of suffering...
I've always said life is full of risks but it makes sense to mitigate them as much as possible. I drive my car AND use seat belts.
Great...now we're getting somewhere.

We agree that some risks must be taken to alleviate other dangers than the virus...like starvation for example.

And we agree that taking precautions against risk is an intelligent course of action.

So...is folks take precautions...like wearing a seatbelt or continuing social distancing...they can take risks...like reopening the economy of their states and returning to work...correct?

The people at the protests and anyone else out in public is CHOOSING to be there.
It's no different than when you CHOOSE to go someplace. Be it the store or the bank or the gas station or restaurant for carry out or liquor store or wherever.
If people are afraid for their safety then they should exercise their CHOICE to stay home.
Martial law has not been declared so your constitutional rights CAN NOT BE INFRINGED UPON and your choice to protest is protected under the first amendment.
Essentially if those people are endangering anyone it is others who also chose to be there via their rights.

Goto ANY home Depot and look at all the people buying things for their homes and property. Why is that allowed but sitting in a church parking lot in your car listening to a sermon is not?

People accepted the lockdowns to beat the curve so as to not overwhelm our medical system as it ramped up to deal with this. The protests did not start until local governments started arresting people for doing things that were completely benign.

Bottom line is if someone is putting you "at risk" it is because you are also not following the orders. No one is shopping or protesting in your living room.

And lol at the media & leftists saying that protesting is racist. Y'all have lost your marbles.
Are you willing to sign a pledge that you will not go to a hospital or clinic should you catch the virus? Should your decision to take risks put the doctors and nurses at greater risk. What about your need for a ventilator, are you willing to forgo that?
I'll sign a pledge that I will stomp your whiny butt into a mud hole if you try to stop me......

We AREN'T CHINA..........and the people are getting ANGRY.........I really don't give a shit what you think about it.

And I'll throw your piece of paper on the ground and piss on it..........

Clear it up for you MORON.

The majority of Americans will make sure you won't be doing any such thing. We've crushed evil people in this county before and we'll do it again. We have the military and the police force on our side as well.
How are you going to crush anything from your hidey hole other than the beer cans from the case you obviously killed off before posting this. :rofl:

Think of the fate of David Koresh and Timothy McVeigh! How did their opposition to our government and fight for "their rights" work out?
Do you think it would have worked out differently had they been killed for attempting to go to work and feed their families? The analogy you're grasping for is Kent State...not Oklahoma City.

If you don't have money to buy food, you can go to the food pantry or homeless shelter to get those things. Returning to non-essential work places is a violation of the law and unnecessarily puts the all Americans at greater risk.

People at Kent state were not helping a deadly global pathogen spread and kill people around the world. But the people in these protest this pass week are doing exactly that. What they did threatens the lives of all Americans.
So...you're saying I should go home. I am helping to "spread the deadly global pathogen". I have 12 drivers and myself traveling state to state interacting with people all over the country into and out of hotspots.

What I'm hearing you say is you'd rather I bring my trucks home...which I should obviously do if the deadly global pathogen is as bad as you say. Sure...you'll stave and die...but It's a small price to pay for safety from the virus...right?

NO ONE IS PROMOTING A BAN ON ESSENTIAL SERVICES! NO ONE HAS BANNED ESSENTIAL SERVICES! THE PEOPLE PROTESTING ARE PROTESTING TO OPEN UP NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES!

UNDERSTAND?
Who gets to decide what is "essential" and what is not?

I'll sign a pledge that I will stomp your whiny butt into a mud hole if you try to stop me......

We AREN'T CHINA..........and the people are getting ANGRY.........I really don't give a shit what you think about it.

The majority of Americans will make sure you won't be doing any such thing. We've crushed evil people in this county before and we'll do it again. We have the military and the police force on our side as well.
How are you going to crush anything from your hidey hole other than the beer cans from the case you obviously killed off before posting this. :rofl:

Think of the fate of David Koresh and Timothy McVeigh! How did their opposition to our government and fight for "their rights" work out?
Do you think it would have worked out differently had they been killed for attempting to go to work and feed their families? The analogy you're grasping for is Kent State...not Oklahoma City.

If you don't have money to buy food, you can go to the food pantry or homeless shelter to get those things. Returning to non-essential work places is a violation of the law and unnecessarily puts the all Americans at greater risk.

People at Kent state were not helping a deadly global pathogen spread and kill people around the world. But the people in these protest this pass week are doing exactly that. What they did threatens the lives of all Americans.
So...you're saying I should go home. I am helping to "spread the deadly global pathogen". I have 12 drivers and myself traveling state to state interacting with people all over the country into and out of hotspots.

What I'm hearing you say is you'd rather I bring my trucks home...which I should obviously do if the deadly global pathogen is as bad as you say. Sure...you'll stave and die...but It's a small price to pay for safety from the virus...right?

NO ONE IS PROMOTING A BAN ON ESSENTIAL SERVICES! NO ONE HAS BANNED ESSENTIAL SERVICES! THE PEOPLE PROTESTING ARE PROTESTING TO OPEN UP NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES!

UNDERSTAND?
So it's ok for me and my guys to risk their lives and health for you...but you can't. Got it. You're a coward.

Do you seriously think that is a good argument for NOT opposing government? You're making the case for us.

This is a national emergency, and your unauthorized protest and gatherings threaten to kill large numbers of Americans and will aid the pathogen in spreading to more people. You could argue that its a worse threat than David Koresh or Timothy McVeigh which some Trumpers sympathize with.

Do you seriously think that is a good argument for NOT opposing government? You're making the case for us.

This is a national emergency, and your unauthorized protest and gatherings threaten to kill large numbers of Americans and will aid the pathogen in spreading to more people. You could argue that its a worse threat than David Koresh or Timothy McVeigh which some Trumpers sympathize with.
A protest is going to do no more than you going to the grocery store...in fact probably much less...since they are outside.

UNDERSTAND?

Are elected officials, experts, Scientist. If your not involved in healthcare, non-restaurant food industry, police force, the military, your likely in a non-essential business. This is a national emergency. Its no time for business as usual.

Government force. How predictable.

Ask David Koresh and Timothy McVeigh about government force when you break the law. Lots of Trumpers out there side or sympathize with the views of David Koresh and Timothy McVeigh. They are indeed enemies of the United States.
What law was Koresh breaking when the ATF attacked them? "Stockpiling weapons" is NOT, nor has it ever been, a crime in Texas or the U.S.

After that, their decisions were their own, but those decisions were brought on by angry/frustrated people who became fed up with GOVERNMENT OVERREACH.

Now, you want to make leaving one's house and assembling ILLEGAL and you want to use GOVERNMENT FORCE/OVERREACH to achieve it.

Get ready for more Koresh/McVeigh behavior from those who have reached their boiling point.

Noted. The government has the firepower and numbers to deal with such fools.

UNDERSTAND?

Are elected officials, experts, Scientist. If your not involved in healthcare, non-restaurant food industry, police force, the military, your likely in a non-essential business. This is a national emergency. Its no time for business as usual.
So, the tyrants decide who is essential and who is not? The tyrants pick the winners and losers?

There is a certain hypocrisy in the argument people are making....

0F7D963F-4D6E-41AA-8E9D-865DFF765586.jpeg

and secondly...most of the protesters are likely pro-life, sworn to protect our most vulnerable...

Except now, when their rights to make choices for their own bodies, conflict with our most vulnerable citizen’s rights to ... live during a temporary shutdown due to a pandemic.

How dare they be INCONVENIENCED.

Ask David Koresh and Timothy McVeigh about government force when you break the law. Lots of Trumpers out there side or sympathize with the views of David Koresh and Timothy McVeigh. They are indeed enemies of the United States.
What law was Koresh breaking when the ATF attacked them? "Stockpiling weapons" is NOT, nor has it ever been, a crime in Texas or the U.S.

After that, their decisions were their own, but those decisions were brought on by angry/frustrated people who became fed up with GOVERNMENT OVERREACH.

Now, you want to make leaving one's house and assembling ILLEGAL and you want to use GOVERNMENT FORCE/OVERREACH to achieve it.

Get ready for more Koresh/McVeigh behavior from those who have reached their boiling point.

If government would stop exercising authority it does not have, you don't have to worry about such fools (and yes, they are fools).

It's hard to NOT sympathize with people who have reached their wits' end with government overreach, even when they are acting a fool.

UNDERSTAND?
So it's ok for me and my guys to risk their lives and health for you...but you can't. Got it. You're a coward.

Having a large percentage of the population stay home is VITAL to defeating this pathogen, winning the war against this pathogen. ISOLATION is the #1 thing that will help defeat this pathogen and bring a return to normal sooner rather than later.

STAYING HOME also protects the lives of you and your workers engaged in essential services. Its why nurses and doctors have made thousands of videos encouraging people to STAY THE FUCK HOME! It helps protect the lives of ESSENTIAL WORKERS!

Thankfully in 2020, 37% of the labor force can do their jobs from home.

There is a certain hypocrisy in this argument....

View attachment 326158

and secondly...most of the protesters are likely pro-life, sworn to protect our most vulnerable...

Except now, when their rights to make choices for their own bodies, conflict with our most vulnerable citizen’s rights to ... live during a temporary shutdown due to a pandemic.

See, this is where you can't say SHIT to me. I am pro-choice AND I am AGAINST this bullshit shutdown.

You are the hypocrite here. You are the one who is inconsistent.

You are no liberal.

Don't ever ever ever ever EVER....het....yeEVER, call yourself a liberal.

giphy.gif

A protest is going to do no more than you going to the grocery store...in fact probably much less...since they are outside.

WRONG AGAIN! You don't have to leave your car when the grocery store takes your order online and then puts it in the trunk for you when you drive up. TOTAL ISOLATION between customers and workers is maintained.

There is a certain hypocrisy in the argument people are making....

View attachment 326158

Its terrible. I'm a Republican and pro-life myself, but its terrible these people don't understand their hypocrisy.

UNDERSTAND?

Having a large percentage of the population stay home is VITAL to defeating this pathogen, winning the war against this pathogen. ISOLATION is the #1 thing that will help defeat this pathogen and bring a return to normal sooner rather than later.

STAYING HOME also protects the lives of you and your workers engaged in essential services. Its why nurses and doctors have made thousands of videos encouraging people to STAY THE FUCK HOME! It helps protect the lives of ESSENTIAL WORKERS!

"Essential"
:laughing0301:

States Declare the Lottery an Essential Service

UNDERSTAND?

You can distance yourself and reopen the economy. It's happening already...better find a cave in Wyoming to hide in.

If government would stop exercising authority it does not have, you don't have to worry about such fools (and yes, they are fools).

It's hard to NOT sympathize with people who have reached their wits' end with government overreach, even when they are acting a fool.

The government has always been right when it comes to these anti-government illegal militia's. If anything, they have been way too soft. We don't tolerate Islamic terrorism, nor should we tolerate right wing terrorism from these groups and individuals.

UNDERSTAND?

You can distance yourself and reopen the economy. It's happening already...better find a cave in Wyoming to hide in.

IF SCIENCE proves it can be done, then so be it. BUT SCIENCE will determine that, not idiots hopes, political views, ideology, or asperations. You can only reopen parts of the economy that are closed down provided it does not start an increase in NEW INFECTIONS. Any opening that would increase new infections, should instead remain closed!

Forum List

Back